Thread: You a PACKRAT?! :OR: Winter Wrap Up

Blog Entries

You a PACKRAT?! :OR: Winter Wrap Up

Take a look around you. All this stuff that's in your room. How much of it do you actually need? How much do you think you could part with? Gun to head, if you could only keep about 25% of the stuff in your room, what would you keep?

I have a lot of CD's. And toys. And DVD's. And Books. And video games. And a bass. And a bass amp. And clothes. And a bed. And a lamp. I got rid of half my DVD's and some CD's recently. Tried to narrow them down only to the movies and tv shows I absolutely love. I bet I could narrow it down even further though. Probably could get rid of all my cd's (just rip 'em) and probably a lot of my books too (never read 'em anyway.) I'd probably want to keep the TV, all the video game systems and most the games, most the DVD's I have now, my lappy, my amp, and some of my clothes. Stereo could probably go. Probably should keep my alarm clock though. Give my toys to my nephews, or keep a few that I love. Get rid of most the paper stuff, except a lot of the comics I've collected.

...I just confused myself as to what I'm keeping and what I'm not. I think I am a bit of a pack rat. There's a lot of old papers I never look at, books I never read, games I never play, clothes I never wear... It's all just stuff. I'm starting to realize this now. Yet a lot of it, I'd probably feel a pang of remorse in getting rid of it. So I didn't really answer my own question. TV, PS3, Duo Retro, video games for those systems, Lappy, guitar, bass, some clothes, some movies, comic books. Oh, and also my kitty. I dunno if that's roughly 25%. Oh well. She'll probably tear everything up that can be torn up eventually anyway Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) You a PACKRAT?! :OR: Winter Wrap Up che's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: You a PACKRAT?! :OR: Winter Wrap Up

I don't really have shit. Clothes, computer, ps3, tv, like 3 ****ing lamps. All the media I use is digital. I guess I need my soccer cleats. I don't need much to be happy. Furniture, clothes, my plant which is named Sam. My grill is probably my favorite thing besides my computer, but I don't keep my grill in my room.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Registered User You a PACKRAT?! :OR: Winter Wrap Up

I'm not really much of a pack rat. There's things that I like having around, sure, but most of my stuff is easy to replace, so I don't mind parting with a majority of it. If I had to choose what to keep though, I'd probably keep my laptop, games and gaming systems with TV, iPod, and a few pieces of jewelry that was given to me from my grandma.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Actually, I do have to reduce my stuff to about 25% in the next few weeks as I'm moving away from my parent's place into a small appartement.
    Last year, as well, I cleaned my room and threw away all the stuff I didn't need anymore. It wasn't as much as 75% of the stuff, but still much.
    Also I decided to do that every year, starting last year. Well, this year, I really have lots to pack .-.

I WILL keep all my gaming stuff, my computer, most of my books and probably most of my CDs. Of course I'll keep almost all my clothes - except the ones I never wear anyways - but all the rest will probably at least go straight to the attic. I don't need much in my room, most of it is just there because I got it as a present. ^^"

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

#LOCKE4GOD You a PACKRAT?! :OR: Winter Wrap Up Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries

List of things I own:

Desk ($160)
    4-year old laptop (worth <$1000 now)
    Clothes
    Like 5 different bags
    5 pairs of shoes (2 converse, 1 other kind of casual shoe, dress shoes, running shoes)
    Bike + accessories
    Books (incl an ass-load of textbooks)
    Stationary
    CDs
    DVDs/VHS
    Video games
    PS3, PS2, PSP, Gameboy Advance, DS (but no TV... I use a flatmate's)
    Assorted pots, pans, cups, plates, cutlery
    Bed linen (but no bed... It was already here)
    Towels
    Bass guitar
    Bass amp and other accessories
    Stereo
    Small shelf and CD/DVD rack

...and that's literally it. I have the value of all this twice over in cash though. I'm already asset poor.

If I was to get rid of things, my game systems would go. I never really use them.
    Last edited by Alpha; 03-17-2012 at 05:08 PM.

Asking all the personal questions. You a PACKRAT?! :OR: Winter Wrap Up RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    I don't really have shit. Clothes, computer, ps3, tv, like 3 ****ing lamps. All the media I use is digital. I guess I need my soccer cleats. I don't need much to be happy. Furniture, clothes, my plant which is named Sam. My grill is probably my favorite thing besides my computer, but I don't keep my grill in my room.
    That's for sure

Well when you get married s*** tends to find it's way out of the bedroom and into other parts of the house, all we have is a bedside cabinet which I made in highschool and a lamp table which I also made at highschool, on my side of the bed I have three books that I am currently reading and my alarm clock my wife has a lamp and some assorted s*** on her side.

I also have a telescope for looking at the.....moon.

Then that's it besides the bed of course.

If i had to keep only 25% it would be the four walls and maybe the roof it might be an exception but definitely the walls.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Registered User You a PACKRAT?! :OR: Winter Wrap Up Halie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This song came into my head when I saw the thread title...

I have a lot of crap in my room, it's pretty darn messy. I'm a little bit of a hoarder, until every couple of months I get pissed off with stepping on crap that's left on my floor so I end up chucking out bags and bags of stuff. If I had to choose I'd definitely keep a lot of my make-up, my TV, PS3, laptop, memory box, clothes and my blanket/pillows. I'd also keep all my DVDs. I'd get rid of my CDs, my guitar and my PS2 probably (which would be disheartening )

Memento Rhapso You a PACKRAT?! :OR: Winter Wrap Up Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The only unnecessary things I own are an extra deck of cards. My room is thrashed, however, because I share it with my brother, and he is a hardcore packrat. There are old CD's, clothes, kicks, toys, pretty much everything already listed in this thread.

Also, Winter Wrap Up will now be stuck in my head for the rest of the day. Damn you, Telegraph.

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

TFF's Resident Messenger You a PACKRAT?! :OR: Winter Wrap Up Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I keep old bicycles in my room. Mainly to keep all the parts in good condition. I never know when I may need something from one of them. Like last week, when my front tire blew.

Stuff I don't use get tossed in my closet. Old clothes and toys are in there right now, as well as shoes, my trophies, typewriter, word processor, and several boxes that we never unpacked when we moved here (nearly seven years ago).

If I were to get rid of stuff, most of my clothes would go. I still play my board games and still use most of my stuff. My bed is something I could get rid of. The thing is very uncomfortable. Plus it would free up some space in my room.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think I'm a packrat. I find it difficult to chuck things away sometimes. I still have some of my old secondary school books for Art, English, Religious Education and Drama, mainly because I'm proud of the work I put into them. Hours and hours worth of writing and sketches I'd like to keep. I chucked away pretty much everything else though. Saw no need to keep my Maths book - it was just a whole bunch of equations I'll never remember again haha.

I still live in my childhood room, so I don't really own the furniture. I do own the small, wooden chest on top of my wardrobe though. I've just filled it with junk (some old comics, a black and red wig, a football medal, an oil burner that I made, etc) at the moment, but it'll have a better use one day I hope.

I own the majority of the video games in my room (90%+ of them), some of the DVDs (30%), college books (70% - mum helped me by buying some of the ones I needed), fiction books (either I bought them, or they were gifts... so 100%). I also own the television (my mum's gift for me for my 18th birthday), the PS3 (bitch took me almost two years to save for, and now I can buy it for a third of the cost. 40GB upgraded to a 640GB), the Xbox 360 (250GB), DSLite, DSi, PSP Base (gift), my iTouch (32GB w/ camera) and my mobile phone (SE W810i I think). My laptop was a gift from my mum and nan when I got into the college I wanted, and I needed a computer.

I recently sorted out my wardrobe, and chucked out a whole bunch of clothes. Normally I take them to the charity shop, but most of my old clothes were stained or destroyed in some way (like my favourite jumper that the washing machine chewed up two years ago lol).

I could probably live without most of it if I'm honest. If I move out with my boyfriend, we're going to have a lot of duplicate games, consoles and televisions. Realistically, I need a bigger room. It's too cramped for all the stuff I have.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Ellipsis You a PACKRAT?! :OR: Winter Wrap Up Meigumi's Avatar
    Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Well, in one corner of my room, there's a bunch of craft supplies that are never, never used, let alone touched. There's a basket full of felt and a bigger basket full of paper and old paintings from last year, and a large piece of flat, rectangular wood that used to have legs, and a large framed photo of a house by a lake in Japan. Everything else in my room, I actually use enough to pay attention to in my room.

I could just stuff them in my closet since it's bothering me, but I store some old blankets and boxes in there, too.

....I could go for a Winter Wrap Up now. Except, it's already spring here...
    .....And I also stole that cupcake.

TFF Family~:

Ice-cream loving brother Fate
    The great benevolent dark lord Elyon Demidias
    Lovable doll ViviMasterMage
    Soul Stealing, Chaos-loving, Pom-pom eating older brother Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    The Awesome and Dashing Thief, ethan
    The Stealthy Swordsman of Poetic Power, genome's blade

Hewerya love...? You a PACKRAT?! :OR: Winter Wrap Up seanb's Avatar

I keep loads of things, and find it hard to throw things away, I always say to myself 'oh this could come in handy sometime'

so in my room in my parents house, its crammed with boxes of things (I don't even know whats in most of them) but I feel good knowing its all there

And I hate all this minimalist furniture that isn't even designed to store things... all white clinical crap. I want nooks and crannies and shit