View Poll Results: Which is more awesome?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • VII

47 51.09%
  • XII

23 25.00%
  • Both are equally awesome

22 23.91%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Which is the greatest, VII or XII?

Registered User Which is the greatest, VII or XII? Zidane77's Avatar

Re: Which is the greatest, VII or XII?

Materia keeper, really?
    It's such a super easy boss, no offense.
    If you wanna go the easiest way,use Trine,summons or Climhazzard and he's gone.
    If you don't have any of that, get Vincent and use his limit break. That's guy's a piece of mincemeat.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Which is the greatest, VII or XII? Xanatos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by o0Odin0o View Post
    Angry much? Well allot of things I have posted have LITERAL technical reasons, not just opinionated reasons so your opinion is worthless in certain manors, but here goes nothing... again ^^
    Angry? Not really. Don't let my posts fool you, I enjoy a good debate, and there was nothing you wrote that would make me angry.

Everything I said so far was either featured in actual game or has been already pointed in multiple reviews, if my statements are worthless, or by any chance wrong, that means the game itself is deceiving, and those who reviewed it are far from professionals.

Music: Music in a technical sense could not have been as technically superior in the 8-bit era than FF12's. But the lack of set themes and lack of forced themes makes certain areas of the game less symbolic. Plus the lack of mutual harmonies kinda screws certain potentially great sounding "themes" off, but that's an opinion.
    Music from 8 bit era and onwards can't be compared to what Final Fantasy XII offers, that's true indeed, but with remakes, and actual soundtracks on sale music of those game improved greatly, thus technicality barrier is no longer there, despite of it, music of several games in franchise has yet to achieve the same praise as the one from Final Fantasy XII. Music of Final Fantasy XII is highly praised, fact that it's not your cup of tea is another thing entirely.

World: Hmm, well that can be argued a sense of opinion and personal taste but, being open and non-linear, most FF games are. Care to elaborate on that?
    As you wish. Events of earlier titles are set in areas where images are used as a background, it gives you feel of depth, in reality you're restricted to move in one linear path with little to no freedom. World Map offers you limited amount of freedom, limited, as you can't move from location to location if certain requirements aren't fulfilled.

Difficulty: Yes I know who the heck yazmat is. He was not difficult, more of an endurance challenge. If you mean the last 1/3 of his HP when his lv increases to 140 something, still, not much of a challenge. Did I die? No.Enemies like Zodiark, Elder Wyrm, Famfrit, and omega gave me challenge before hand cause I underestimated them for wiping out the normal enemies before hand. However Yazmat I expected a challenge, and guess what, I only used 4 of 6 characters to win. Am I master of the game? Damn right, I went a solo run with basch and did a 122333 challenge as well so I'm not a troll when it comes to the game. Not mentioning a redundant final battle that showed little difficulty.
    Endurance challenge, challenge nevertheless. If Omega Weapon, ElderWyrm, Zodiark, Famfrit were challenging at some degree, if you rely on phoenix down's as much as you say what does that tell you about game's difficulty. As for the final battle, I have yet to see a final boss that was somewhat challenging, some mention Ultimecia, but both her, and Omega Weapon were laughable to those who knew how to exploit the junction system, rather easy thing to do.

In which Final Fantasy can you encounter an opponent at the very beginning of the game, capable of pawning you even later on higher levels. Not just one opponent, some you can't even scratch the first time you encounter them, and even later they prove to be somewhat difficult. Since Final Fantasy XII is far from challenging game, please do tell which Final Fantasy is, and why.

*laughs* Well, squall had a reason to be in the party at all times. His overall final mission was found out later. Unlike Balthier, who what, wanted to steal something, then got dragged until Arcadia? Or Bur omisace at least.
    Balthier knew what he was heading into the first time he saw Ashe, if he was to aid the rebellion army in any way whatsoever, it would mean he would actually need to work against his own nation. There was a chance that he may actually encounter his own father, Cidolfus Demen Bunansa, if he was to follow Ashe. Helping rebellion to stand against Arcadian empire was opportunity to solve his own problems as well, you see, his motives were there, and were rather clear from the very start of Final Fantasy XII.

Balthier acted on his own, he made his own decisions, his motives where there from the very beginning, Squall on the other hand acted not because he wanted to, but because he was ordered to. For major part of the game he was like a puppet on strings, to quote the character itself "Give me an order, and I shall act". He didn't have motives or reason to fight, he didn't care to begin with, which was more than perfectly shown through major part of the game. The very thing you were complaining about, yet you wish to keep a blind eye.

That thing you said, about not having my characters set up like grinding beasts was a little... dunce lol. What else is the battle system used for? You put attack, heal, revive, use set magic and bleh. If you have a good overall strategy, than you=win.
    Please do once again read what I wrote in my earlier post, would you kindly.

Here's explanation if help is needed. If my memories serves me well, you complained about lack of control over the characters in midst of battle. On which scale will you control the characters is entirely up to you, a mean to accomplish that are gambits. If gambits are set so characters will preform battle commands themselves, game itself can't be blamed, after all the player is the one who set the gambits, to blame someone else for your actions is stupid at best.

They used a different graphics system so don't laugh if you don't understand. Why? People who know what I am talking about in a technical standpoint will laugh at you. FF12 used more smoothing than pinned detailing of FFX. So, unless you like smoother graphics and a palette that's based on orange and blue, which also helps the blur effect, than you have bad eyes, or just don't care to compare, or a FF12 fanboy lol
    I'm far from expert on that field, but I do know someone who is. Apparently Final Fantasy XII looks smoother, more fluid, more polygons are used for characters, and monsters, thus in some aspects it's more detailed. I have no reason not to believe his words as he has yet to let me down, thus I stick to my original statement.

And coming into emotions... I know ALOT about emotions, trust me. I am currently into the psychology of fear, but have studied in Emotions and Beauty. That game had horrible emotional IQ, why did they overreact in comparative to the certain situation or not in others? Bad reasoning skills and everything tho that could have just been due to the writers EIQ's or something Idk lol.
    In your last post you were complaining about lack of emotions, suddenly emotions are featured, but apparently are bad, think you can decide which one? For someone who apparently knows psychology I would expect to know more about characters, or at least to understand them more, yet you seeked help to understand Vayne more in one of the threads? Where do difficulties to understand Balthier's struggle, and motives come from, how come you don't understand what Vaan represents? I'm sure you're into psychology, but I highly doubt you're good at it, no offense whatsoever.

Voice acting: There is another technical flaw of yours. There are reasons why it sounds muted, but I forgot the reasons. If you cannot hear the mute sounds of the voicing, then damn lol. But really, it has something to do with the panning of voice and wear they voice recorded. THey reduced the BG sound and increased the Voice acting and with the horrible recording, muted the tones of the characters making them sound... like they have cotton balls in their throat. Look up on it before you make anymore... Dunce "opinions."
    Since you're fairly sure there's something wrong with the overall sound, I'll have to ask what exactly, and a link that proves your claim.

Funny how no one noticed an issue of such caliber, especially in hit game as Final Fantasy XII, except for you it seems, guess not all of us have inhuman hearing.

Again you put your opinions in others mouths. We can relate too? No no no no no. People relate to those with similar personalities. Unless your personality is abnormal. Or extremely abstract then... And actually, what sounds cooler in all reality. A character with a cool sword, and current generations dogma of "cool," or a random character that most would walk by in real life.
    And where exactly did I mention that we can relate to his personality? What he represents, and the way he looks at the world of Ivalice, that we can relate to.

You're quite amusing fella you know, you claim to be expert in categories where opposition has pined you down hard, yet you fail to back your words with concrete facts, and proof if opposition asks one, mighty fine expert.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Which is the greatest, VII or XII? Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    Angry? Not really. Don't let my posts fool you, I enjoy a good debate, and there was nothing you wrote that would make me angry.
    Yeh, Don't mind that, not used to debates and what you posted could have been taken serious in real situations, not debates so my bad lol

Everything I said so far was either featured in actual game or has been already pointed in multiple reviews, if my statements are worthless, or by any chance wrong, that means the game itself is deceiving, and those who reviewed it are far from professionals.
    Well, being a reviewer is a highly unprofessional job, not to take anyways profession away but, what are the requirements to be one? I know you need average VG understanding and an open mind but places like IGN are HIGHLY biased. You know IGN is mostly Xbox fans?

Music from 8 bit era and onwards can't be compared to what Final Fantasy XII offers, that's true indeed, but with remakes, and actual soundtracks on sale music of those game improved greatly, thus technicality barrier is no longer there, despite of it, music of several games in franchise has yet to achieve the same praise as the one from Final Fantasy XII. Music of Final Fantasy XII is highly praised, fact that it's not your cup of tea is another thing entirely.
    Well yea, it is mostly opinion, because they also said FF13's music was great, which from a musical standpoint, fails.

As you wish. Events of earlier titles are set in areas where images are used as a background, it gives you feel of depth, in reality you're restricted to move in one linear path with little to no freedom. World Map offers you limited amount of freedom, limited, as you can't move from location to location if certain requirements aren't fulfilled.
    Yes I see, tho I do believe in some older FF"s you can go other [placesw, just at your own disposal despite being killed lol.
    You are right though in one definet thing. You can wander in FF12 in an area your not supposed to be at a moment.... Feywood, Nabudis...
    But, even in FF12 you are restricted in certain ways. At the beginning of the game, two werewolfs prevent you from heading past the giza plains I think, if not giza, the place before there. But, if you so manage to get past those 2 enemies, the path is not there. Same with the northen estersand.

Endurance challenge, challenge nevertheless. If Omega Weapon, ElderWyrm, Zodiark, Famfrit were challenging at some degree, if you rely on phoenix down's as much as you say what does that tell you about game's difficulty. As for the final battle, I have yet to see a final boss that was somewhat challenging, some mention Ultimecia, but both her, and Omega Weapon were laughable to those who knew how to exploit the junction system, rather easy thing to do.

In which Final Fantasy can you encounter an opponent at the very beginning of the game, capable of pawning you even later on higher levels. Not just one opponent, some you can't even scratch the first time you encounter them, and even later they prove to be somewhat difficult. Since Final Fantasy XII is far from challenging game, please do tell which Final Fantasy is, and why.
    Well, that's the thing. Not to sound cocky but maybe I could understand the FF12 battle system quicker and easier than others.
    Okay. about the phoenix downs. I didn't need 99 of them, I just had the money to so I did, and died like twice more during the game... Screw you elder wyrm...
    The most difficult FF in my eyes were either FF13 for it's lack of character development(leveling) and jumping enemy difficulties.(Boxed phalanx)
    Or it would be... ehh, nah, that's it. FF8 hard at first but I was 12-14 >//>

Balthier acted on his own, he made his own decisions, his motives where there from the very beginning, Squall on the other hand acted not because he wanted to, but because he was ordered to. For major part of the game he was like a puppet on strings, to quote the character itself "Give me an order, and I shall act". He didn't have motives or reason to fight, he didn't care to begin with, which was more than perfectly shown through major part of the game. The very thing you were complaining about, yet you wish to keep a blind eye.
    Well, it is just opinion but, it was squall attitude and his ability to show emotion(those little self moments he had every ten seconds lol) that I liked, I just didn't like the personalities of the characters from FF12. Uninteresting and actually, honestly, were kinda bleh in comparative to what was happening in their world.

Please do once again read what I wrote in my earlier post, would you kindly.

Here's explanation if help is needed. If my memories serves me well, you complained about lack of control over the characters in midst of battle. On which scale will you control the characters is entirely up to you, a mean to accomplish that are gambits. If gambits are set so characters will preform battle commands themselves, game itself can't be blamed, after all the player is the one who set the gambits, to blame someone else for your actions is stupid at best.
    Well, what else can you do with the gambit system, I mean character control, without adding to the difficulty? I really don't know so please tell me lol

I'm far from expert on that field, but I do know someone who is. Apparently Final Fantasy XII looks smoother, more fluid, more polygons are used for characters, and monsters, thus in some aspects it's more detailed. I have no reason not to believe his words as he has yet to let me down, thus I stick to my original statement.
    Oh, I noticed what I said... >.>
    I meant Cgi graphics. The in game graphics, other than their hair and same structured blended eyes, are superior than FFX. I meant the CGI graphics.
    My fault on that one.

In your last post you were complaining about lack of emotions, suddenly emotions are featured, but apparently are bad, think you can decide which one? For someone who apparently knows psychology I would expect to know more about characters, or at least to understand them more, yet you seeked help to understand Vayne more in one of the threads? Where do difficulties to understand Balthier's struggle, and motives come from, how come you don't understand what Vaan represents? I'm sure you're into psychology, but I highly doubt you're good at it, no offense whatsoever.
    No offense taken, don't worry about it lol
    This might get confusing so try to deal with me here ^^
    I didn't care enough about the characters to listen to their stories. LOL
    That's why. I don't have FF12 anymore, and am hoping the rumors of a FFX, FFX-2, and FF12 rerelease for PS3 happens. But honestly, I really didn't know allot about the characters. Because I skipped the intro Cutscene, I immediately got lost in the story and never caught foot of it, or cared cause it looked like reminded me of starwars and those movies were to long haha
    Oh and... Schitzotypal personality syndrome may cause my eccentric speaking patterns or inability to 100% describe things correct cause in my mind, it makes too much sense to me lol

Since you're fairly sure there's something wrong with the overall sound, I'll have to ask what exactly, and a link that proves your claim.

Funny how no one noticed an issue of such caliber, especially in hit game as Final Fantasy XII, except for you it seems, guess not all of us have inhuman hearing.
    Sure, I'll post a link, but really, I have near pitch perfect hearing, and perfect tonal reception. I have GREAT hearing haha.
    YouTube - Final Fantasy XII: Cutscenes (pt. 3)

Does that reverb indicate they are outside? Nahh. It sounds more like a padded room reverb

And where exactly did I mention that we can relate to his personality? What he represents, and the way he looks at the world of Ivalice, that we can relate to.

You're quite amusing fella you know, you claim to be expert in categories where opposition has pined you down hard, yet you fail to back your words with concrete facts, and proof if opposition asks one, mighty fine expert.
    Nahh, with psychology, I am better at finding disorders with Emotions, fear and science of beauty.

It's hard for me to type the facts because it makes too much sense to me and describing why irritates my head lol

I like debates, nobody takes to heart haha

Edit: @ Zidane77. It wasn't that he was hard, it was more that the game got a little boring, tho everybody says it gets great after this boss.
    Last edited by Angel of Iniquity; 02-14-2011 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Forgot something

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Which is the greatest, VII or XII? Xanatos's Avatar

Well, being a reviewer is a highly unprofessional job, not to take anyways profession away but, what are the requirements to be one? I know you need average VG understanding and an open mind but places like IGN are HIGHLY biased. You know IGN is mostly Xbox fans?
    Actually, they're considered to be professionals at what they do, unlike us common fans bias opinion is something they can't afford. It's still one man's opinion, which may or may not be same as yours, nevertheless Final Fantasy XII holds 92 points on metacritic, majority or reviewers think of it as quality game.

Yes I see, tho I do believe in some older FF"s you can go other [placesw, just at your own disposal despite being killed lol.
    You are right though in one definet thing. You can wander in FF12 in an area your not supposed to be at a moment.... Feywood, Nabudis...
    But, even in FF12 you are restricted in certain ways. At the beginning of the game, two werewolfs prevent you from heading past the giza plains I think, if not giza, the place before there. But, if you so manage to get past those 2 enemies, the path is not there. Same with the northen estersand.
    You seem to forget the most important fact, background images, which restricted player to narrow, one linear path. With huge open spaces Final Fantasy XII offered more freedom.

Well, that's the thing. Not to sound cocky but maybe I could understand the FF12 battle system quicker and easier than others.
    Okay. about the phoenix downs. I didn't need 99 of them, I just had the money to so I did, and died like twice more during the game... Screw you elder wyrm...
    The most difficult FF in my eyes were either FF13 for it's lack of character development(leveling) and jumping enemy difficulties.(Boxed phalanx)
    Or it would be... ehh, nah, that's it. FF8 hard at first but I was 12-14 >//>
    Can't vouch for Final Fantasy XIII as I have yet to play it, though compared to it's predecessors Final Fantasy XII is overall challenging game, not just battles, collecting gil, and exploring require more effort as well, it has nothing to do with my personal opinion.

Well, it is just opinion but, it was squall attitude and his ability to show emotion(those little self moments he had every ten seconds lol) that I liked, I just didn't like the personalities of the characters from FF12. Uninteresting and actually, honestly, were kinda bleh in comparative to what was happening in their world.
    Please, do not make fool of me. Your complaint was solely about Balthiers lack of motives through one period of game, there was no lack of such which I backed up with facts, and gave you a perfect example of character who in fact had no motives for his actions through one period of game. Either stick to the subject or don't comment at all. Speaking of personality, you do know what kind of personality characters in Final Fantasy XII have, strange, weren't you the one who doesn't know much about characters, didn't care to keep track of the story, your words not mine.

Oh, I noticed what I said... >.>
    I meant Cgi graphics. The in game graphics, other than their hair and same structured blended eyes, are superior than FFX. I meant the CGI graphics.
    My fault on that one.
    And how exactly would you compare CGI animations of both games, is there particular way to compare them or you made your judgment solely by looking at them. I highly doubt Square would chose to go with different, inferior approach, knowing how good they are in that particular field, and how much they improve CGI animations with every new game.

No offense taken, don't worry about it lol
    This might get confusing so try to deal with me here ^^
    I didn't care enough about the characters to listen to their stories. LOL
    That's why. I don't have FF12 anymore, and am hoping the rumors of a FFX, FFX-2, and FF12 rerelease for PS3 happens. But honestly, I really didn't know allot about the characters. Because I skipped the intro Cutscene, I immediately got lost in the story and never caught foot of it, or cared cause it looked like reminded me of starwars and those movies were to long haha
    Oh and... Schitzotypal personality syndrome may cause my eccentric speaking patterns or inability to 100% describe things correct cause in my mind, it makes too much sense to me lol
    Let me get this straight. You were prepared to bash characters of Final Fantasy XII even though you don't know much about them, nor cared to learn a thing or two, for sake of discussion if nothing else. What's with all those cocky statements in your previous posts, on which foundations have you based those.

Sure, I'll post a link, but really, I have near pitch perfect hearing, and perfect tonal reception. I have GREAT hearing haha.
    YouTube - Final Fantasy XII: Cutscenes (pt. 3)

Does that reverb indicate they are outside? Nahh. It sounds more like a padded room reverb
    I beg of you, don't waste my time. If you can't find a proper link to back up your own words, don't try at all. Low quality, poorly recorded Youtube video is best you got. When I said I wanted to see proof, I expected, and still do, an article or video where issue is addressed, not something you noticed in low quality video.

Nahh, with psychology, I am better at finding disorders with Emotions, fear and science of beauty.

It's hard for me to type the facts because it makes too much sense to me and describing why irritates my head lol
    Let's run down the facts, shall we. You were prepared to bash the characters even though you don't know much about them, and were wiling to admit that, you were eager to point one of the game flaws, which only you have noticed it seems, not just that you failed to back up your claim with proper proof, but claim itself is based on questionable source. You claim to be expert in few subjects we discussed, but your statements were flawed, and rather poor for an expert, shall I point the graphics comparison while I'm at it, half of the complaints have nothing to do with the game itself, but rather your personal preference. You give me petty excuses at times you can't back up your own words...

look, you're interesting fellow, you certainly try hard, but I simply don't have time to play with you.

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Which is the greatest, VII or XII? Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

look, you're interesting fellow, you certainly try hard, but I simply don't have time to play with you.
    Okay, listen, Say what you want but you are being highly narsisistic. Yes, I know what I am talkin about, I hav more than backed up y claims on most accounts. I was clearly stating at first why I didn't think the game waws good, and or disclaiming what you said, which was again mostly Opinions.

You are a FF12 fanboy, don't deny that, that's the truth.

Time and time again I have proved my points over and over again with much validity, but this is aggravating. You can't argue opinions and you can;t argue facts, so what are discussion or debates about? I know what they are about, but in this thread, debates are ridiculous.

I'm not going to reply, don't you think you caught me off from this with your last statement, I just noticed that everything I would say, you would be a smart ass and disregard me. That's not a debate, that's a belittling of an others opinion and intellect. -

No matter what you say, FF7 will be regarded as the superior FF game, and there is nothing you can say about that because that is an innumerable amount os opinions behind that.
    And this is my Opinion, FF12 is an horrible excuse of a FF game.

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

He wont stop o0Odin0o, just let him have it. FFXII is clearly very important to this guy.
    He was just as passionate surring his "debate" against my posts.
    Last edited by JuzamDjinn; 02-14-2011 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JuzamDjinn View Post
    He wont stop o0Odin0o, just let him have it. FFXII is clearly very important to this guy.
    He was just as passionate surring his "debate" against my posts.
    XD
    I agree, that statement, "I have no time to play with you," is a highly degrading term. I can guarantee he could not understand half of the thing I have in my intellectual possession, but I will stop, I want no warning lol

Okay, listen, Say what you want but you are being highly narsisistic. Yes, I know what I am talkin about, I hav more than backed up y claims on most accounts. I was clearly stating at first why I didn't think the game waws good, and or disclaiming what you said, which was again mostly Opinions.

You are a FF12 fanboy, don't deny that, that's the truth.

Time and time again I have proved my points over and over again with much validity, but this is aggravating. You can't argue opinions and you can;t argue facts, so what are discussion or debates about? I know what they are about, but in this thread, debates are ridiculous.

I'm not going to reply, don't you think you caught me off from this with your last statement, I just noticed that everything I would say, you would be a smart ass and disregard me. That's not a debate, that's a belittling of an others opinion and intellect. -

No matter what you say, FF7 will be regarded as the superior FF game, and there is nothing you can say about that because that is an innumerable amount os opinions behind that.
    And this is my Opinion, FF12 is an horrible excuse of a FF game.
    It's no secret that I adore Final Fantasy XII, though for your information I consider myself to be a Final Fantasy IX fanboy, those who are on this site longer than you can confirm this. You can call me Final Fantasy XII fanboy, I don't mind, after all I know my Final Fantasy.

Validity? You were eager to openly admit that you don't know much about both story, and characters, nor you cared to learn, and I shall take your points as valid when they don't have foundations to begin with.

You can't argue fact's, true indeed, but then again, you never offered me facts to begin with. Everything you wrote was based on your own opinion, for God's sake you couldn't even back your biggest claim with valid source, and apparently you're expert on that field.

You'll have to excuse me if I skipped that part, but ongoing debate between us was about Final Fantasy XII in general, rather than Final Fantasy VII vs Final Fantasy XII. Even if it was otherwise I highly doubt you would contribute much on that part, not just because you're far from beating the game, but in several occasion you were eager to admit your hate for Final Fantasy VII, your opinion would be highly biased. One more thing, weren't you the one who called Final Fantasy XII a great game, even compared to Final Fantasy XII, you sure do change your opinion rather quick.

As for my responses, and debate in general, the game itself backed my words, there was no personal opinion, no preference, but pure facts.

XD
    I agree, that statement, "I have no time to play with you," is a highly degrading term. I can guarantee he could not understand half of the thing I have in my intellectual possession, but I will stop, I want no warning lol
    Please do show me your intellectual level, by all means respond, give me solid facts, valid source to your claims. This time though, back up your words, offer me more than petty excuses in manner "I know the reason, but I forgot", "I can explain that but it's hard to type the facts that make sense to me", I typed that wrong, it's not what I meant to say", "I'm into psychology, but not quite in part required for this discussion", and next time you decide to give source that will back your words, keep in mind that it has to address the issue you were speaking of, not some kind low quality Youtube video that has nothing to do with your own claims.

Do not take my response as offense, nor should you take this discussion close to heart, I do apologize if any of my posts seem offensive, or you've taken one as such, it's just the way I respond.

Facts.
    The voice acting did not have the same reverb as the settings portrayed. They compressed the voices and did not add any Reverb, only time they were in singulatiry was in the CGI cutscenes.
    Link vvv Does it sound like they are at the pharos?
    YouTube - Final Fantasy XII Cutscene (Ashe's Decision)
    ^^^

If you cannot hear it than it's your own hearing. Yes, I have noticed that the reviewers had nothing to say about it, as were many complaints about it were. Check google.

This is an opinion from an educated psychologist, as in there is nothing you can say about my opinion. They did not portray emotions good enough to convince me they were really feeling their emotions. Does that make sense now? Since I skipped the beginning, and they did not productively portray emotion, I did not care for the story cause the story must have not been strong enough to actively stray their emotions. That was an opinionated fact. Tho it can be taken as otherwise if you so want to defend the damn game.
    The game is not challenging for me, as the first time I did not have any phoenix downs in comparative to I would have now. So it is not based on numerous opinions, enough to be considered a fact. IT was really biased to say it was not based on your opinion, if it hurts your ego that you had trouble on this game, and somebody who you feel inferior had no trouble, then for your ego, I will say it was hard (it wasn't).
    Offered more freedom? So you are saying that the better Field graphics presented a feeling of more open spaces? That again would be considered a psychiatric reason and can't be vilified as unbiased truth.

As I had said, "Schitzotypal personality syndrome may cause my eccentric speaking patterns or inability to 100% describe things correct cause in my mind, it makes too much sense to me," so when you directly insult my intellect, I will take it to heart, especially when you disdain the personality disorder.

And another random fact. People with this disorder tend to have a better realization on most things. Meaning that I may understand things faster than others, but in tern, can't replicated why they make sense to others, because they make too much sense to myself and I can't understand why people don't get it. As in audio, graphics, and other elements of the game.

Yes, the game was good, that comment was clearly an egotistical rant. (the one I said about FF12)

The voice acting did not have the same reverb as the settings portrayed.
    I know, right!
    That's what wrecked this game for me

Badass Military Agent Which is the greatest, VII or XII? Linus Li Lelouch's Avatar

How do you guys even find games to enjoy when your SUPER PICKY... I mean voice comparison to rooms and stuff, are you kidding me??

Man and here I thought I was picky about characters being too much of a sissy...

~The will to not want anything in exchange for nothing~ *Your's truly Linus*

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Linus Li Lelouch View Post
    How do you guys even find games to enjoy when your SUPER PICKY... I mean voice comparison to rooms and stuff, are you kidding me??

Man and here I thought I was picky about characters being too much of a sissy...
    For me, it is too noticeable and takes away from the characters personalities.
    That's why they are called opinions, personal facts that may or not maybe shared with others.

I know, right!
    That's what wrecked this game for me
    Ahh, at least somebody else noticed it.
    I mean, FFX had correct reverb, well, good enough reverb.
    And FF13 is a technical masterpiece so lol

Badass Military Agent Which is the greatest, VII or XII? Linus Li Lelouch's Avatar

For me, it is too noticeable and takes away from the characters personalities.
    That's why they are called opinions, personal facts that may or not maybe shared with others.
    I honestly didn't know that, my bad...

(Can you sense the sarcasm)

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Linus Li Lelouch View Post
    I honestly didn't know that, my bad...

(Can you sense the sarcasm)
    I'm sorry for acting like a douche, I just "changed my attitude" to show a little more maturity and lack of "games."

I'm sorry.

Nah it's cool, I was practicing on how to reply to a douche, so that makes us even

On another note, we all look for different things, I just never met anyone who singled out the comparison in voices. Kinda hit me off guard there

Facts.
    The voice acting did not have the same reverb as the settings portrayed. They compressed the voices and did not add any Reverb, only time they were in singulatiry was in the CGI cutscenes.
    Link vvv Does it sound like they are at the pharos?
    YouTube - Final Fantasy XII Cutscene (Ashe's Decision)
    ^^^

If you cannot hear it than it's your own hearing. Yes, I have noticed that the reviewers had nothing to say about it, as were many complaints about it were. Check google.

This is an opinion from an educated psychologist, as in there is nothing you can say about my opinion. They did not portray emotions good enough to convince me they were really feeling their emotions. Does that make sense now? Since I skipped the beginning, and they did not productively portray emotion, I did not care for the story cause the story must have not been strong enough to actively stray their emotions. That was an opinionated fact. Tho it can be taken as otherwise if you so want to defend the damn game.
    The game is not challenging for me, as the first time I did not have any phoenix downs in comparative to I would have now. So it is not based on numerous opinions, enough to be considered a fact. IT was really biased to say it was not based on your opinion, if it hurts your ego that you had trouble on this game, and somebody who you feel inferior had no trouble, then for your ego, I will say it was hard (it wasn't).
    Offered more freedom? So you are saying that the better Field graphics presented a feeling of more open spaces? That again would be considered a psychiatric reason and can't be vilified as unbiased truth.

As I had said, "Schitzotypal personality syndrome may cause my eccentric speaking patterns or inability to 100% describe things correct cause in my mind, it makes too much sense to me," so when you directly insult my intellect, I will take it to heart, especially when you disdain the personality disorder.

And another random fact. People with this disorder tend to have a better realization on most things. Meaning that I may understand things faster than others, but in tern, can't replicated why they make sense to others, because they make too much sense to myself and I can't understand why people don't get it. As in audio, graphics, and other elements of the game.

Yes, the game was good, that comment was clearly an egotistical rant. (the one I said about FF12)
    Another low quality Youtube video, far from experience the game itself offers, still not addressing the subject itself, and if there is indeed a valid source to your claims shouldn't you be the one providing the link, after all you made the claim, it's not up to me to back your words.

Educated Psychologist. Mighty fine title I'll have to say, certainly someone who would understand characters better than others, which is strange by the way, as you had difficulties understanding not just characters of Final Fantasy XII, some others as well, prime example would be villain discussion you had with me, and Heartless. To point the lack of emotions, then change your opinion the very second you saw my post is not something I expect from educated psychologist. Someone who is supposed to know the entire pallet of emotions, it was rather careless of you to point that you're only good at small part of such pallet. For intelligent, and educated person not to know difference between power, and strength...strange, rather strange.

I do apologize if you mistook my words, when I said it offered more freedom I really meant that. It has nothing to do with graphics, nor psychology, quite simply really, huge open spaces vs narrow corridors. Huge open spaces offer bigger field of movement, how hard is to understand that.

Compared to other entries in franchise, yes, it was somewhat challenging. You yourself pointed that challenge was there, you even cared to bring phoenix down's on table, now you claim there was no need for them, you sure do change your opinion rather fast, nothing new really.

As for the rest of your post, petty excuses are still there, funny, in another thread your excuse wasn't "schitzotypal personality syndrome", apparently your poor claims were there to test my knowledge, in another one when Heartless pined you down hard, you tested his knowledge as well but this time as a mean to learn more. To be consistent in your claims, not bad path, you should certainly try it.

Another low quality Youtube video, far from experience the game itself offers, still not addressing the subject itself, and if there is indeed a valid source to your claims shouldn't you be the one providing the link, after all you made the claim, it's not up to me to back your words.

Educated Psychologist. Mighty fine title I'll have to say, certainly someone who would understand characters better than others, which is strange by the way, as you had difficulties understanding not just characters of Final Fantasy XII, some others as well, prime example would be villain discussion you had with me, and Heartless. To point the lack of emotions, then change your opinion the very second you saw my post is not something I expect from educated psychologist. Someone who is supposed to know the entire pallet of emotions, it was rather careless of you to point that you're only good at small part of such pallet. For intelligent, and educated person not to know difference between power, and strength...strange, rather strange.

I do apologize if you mistook my words, when I said it offered more freedom I really meant that. It has nothing to do with graphics, nor psychology, quite simply really, huge open spaces vs narrow corridors. Huge open spaces offer bigger field of movement, how hard is to understand that.

Compared to other entries in franchise, yes, it was somewhat challenging. You yourself pointed that challenge was there, you even cared to bring phoenix down's on table, now you claim there was no need for them, you sure do change your opinion rather fast, nothing new really.

As for the rest of your post, petty excuses are still there, funny, in another thread your excuse wasn't "schitzotypal personality syndrome", apparently your poor claims were there to test my knowledge, in another one when Heartless pined you down hard, you tested his knowledge as well but this time as a mean to learn more. To be consistent in your claims, not bad path, you should certainly try it.
    Well, haven't you thought that I maybe didn't want anybody to know about this personality disorder?
    And again, that plays a MAJOR role in everything I say.
    Low quality? What, you want me to find an none CGI cutscene that is of high quality? That is hard.
    You can't do a psychology profile on characters that do not have a full conscious. You, in all reality, look extremely arrogant with every post you... post. You seem a little "effected" by the persona of Kuja, you act alike in your snotty little narcissistic ways of talking.
    Was your life at a low point when you played FF9? Was the game your only means of fun and interaction away from the stress of life? All @$$holeness aside.

You bring up strength and power. You know they can be numerous things.
    In kyokushin, it can be... strength= the amount your body and physically change, while power can be the amount of force your body can extrude, meaning the terms of power I stated, were clearly not the ones you are "isolated" in.
    You bring up yet again the phoenix downs and don't read what I say in entirely.
    I said at the first play through I beat the game without many problems, so there isn't any need for the amount I use, get it together you ****ing prick.
    Just face it, FF9 was your only friend and so you grew attached to it. Same with FF12. Get your life out of this slump and get your shit together prissy boy, your worst than cloud and vaan.
    Instead of nit picking around and choosing what to "pick on" and what not to, read the whole thing you insolence whore.
    Is this reason for a warning probably. So be it, but I will let them understand something if they give me a warning and not an equal warning for you.

Don't respond to this, I won't respond back, and you will just prove my plight, being your egotistical brain. Get a life.
    In fact, I'll let an admin or Moderator read this.

You two dragged it over 3 pages.
    It's amazing how strongly someone can feel about such a simple question.

FFVII is still better in every way though.
    Especially the characters, I'm sure you can think of lots of 'facts' to contridict this but...XII's characters are very 2d.

Registered User Which is the greatest, VII or XII? Zidane77's Avatar

Yeah are you kidding me, it's pretty obvious, if you aren't one of psx generation or starting playing FF recently, i understand that those people like XII better because it has better graphics and makes more sense to those that didn't play psx or just FF before the year 2000.

But the obvious answer is that FFVII is way way way superior and shouldn't be compared.
    This whole thread is funny and doesn't make sense to me, XII is a dandy game but leave it at it's point. It got nothing on the earlier games, except the battle mode and stuff like that which is pretty awesome. But game needs to have alot more than graphics and battle system, and sadly that's what Square has been focusing on the most recently, in my opinion.

Edit: And i agree somewhat with the voice acting, it was pretty unimpressive and not captivating at all,most of the time.
    Last edited by Zidane77; 02-16-2011 at 01:07 AM.

Consistently Average Which is the greatest, VII or XII? Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You two dragged it over 3 pages.
    It's amazing how strongly someone can feel about such a simple question.

FFVII is still better in every way though.
    Especially the characters, I'm sure you can think of lots of 'facts' to contridict this but...XII's characters are very 2d.
    Not to mention they're all brown. Brown hair, brown eyes, brown clothes. And i agree, the're voices sound 'canned' in some scenes which really bugs me. XII is a great game but cant really hold a candle to VII in some aspects.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

VII > XII

Reasons being,

Battles System: Materia usage and skill growth, not to mention combination tactics really made it fun to use. This also sported an easier and much more time efficient manner for gaining money as you progressed. Also, I'll add the fact that each character used a single weapon making them more unique so to speak. In XII, every character could use every weapon, and although I did like using gambits and equipping characters just to see how they fight with different weapons, the battle system was just awful to me. Chaining what was supposed to be a character's signature special with others was okay, but when you have to do that for every boss fight or overpowered Mark and find that they suddenly stop linking, you realize battling them isn't as fun anymore because you didn't kill 'em with your "overdrives." I'd say this was what really killed XII for me, that and the tedious license board. My friend, whom looked up ways to make his guys stronger, had a much easier time. Honestly, if I wanted to cheat and make things easy for myself, I would've done the same thing. To those of you who want to do everything without searching where you need to be or how to make easy money or how to get the best gear, good luck in grinding for 1234345074 hours.

Character depth:
    I'm not even going to get too far into this, as most of you should be able to tell there's a huge difference between the two. VII's characters all had a story, and at some point in the game, you get to experience their past which explains their feelings for the present situation at any point in the game. This helped to understand them better, and made them more diverse in both personality design and entertainment. If you want an intelligent character who likes to think himself more mature than the rest, take a look at Red XIII. But if gun-ho do it yourself characters with sailor mouths are more your liking, give Cid a try. XII didn't deliver nearly as well in that aspect being that, as already mentioned before, you only really saw the "tip of the iceberg" when they could've gotten much deeper. As far as I'm concerned, everyone but Vaan and Penelo had an actual story for themselves. There wasn't a main character focus either, but if I had to choose who would fit that title it would've been Ashe or Basch.

Story plot:
    This is about the only thing I'll give to XII saying that it did at least perform well here. Although I admit to haven't beating the game yet (got to where you meet Cid for the first time, the good one, not bad one), the story felt solid and the reasoning behind the bad guys actions actually made sense. To be honest, a guy who sits in the library for a few days and does nothing but read just to go insane because he finds a secret, which honestly has had NO effect on his current lifestyle at that time nor with his upbringing, causes him to suddenly have the hugest desire for righteous vengeance. Not exactly the best way to create an antagonist in my opinion. And if you want to bring spin-offs into the picture, fine. To make a spin-off of a game several years later -after- so many people have dug deeply into its storyline is a huge mistake. Making a plot off a side character is just a way to milk more money out of fans, and a good way to confuse the original story. They did plenty for Zack's character, but that just changed my opinion completely about Aeris in that thinking she's a bitch, rather than an innocent flower seller for thinking of her "ex boyfriend" more as a brother. Dirge of Cerberus went into Vincent's past story, but what about Zangan the karate teacher of Tifa? Nothing for that guy? I mean, his importance in the story was only slightly less important than Zack's in the original game, but they could've definitely done something for him! Poor old guy being overlooked because of popular demand.

Overall, if I was to say which I enjoyed better and found more depth into the main guys you're stuck looking at for the entire game, I'd say VII wins hands down. However, if you want things to be difficult as far as progression goes, you should play XII instead. The difficulty comparison for progression between the games is just ridiculous if you choose not to look at guides. It's like choosing between easy mode(VII) and hard mode(XII).

@o0Odin0o - You werent lying after all, you are into psychology of anger, nice demonstration. Those who can't back their own words, nor think of a good comeback often reach for insults as a mean to respond, but I'm sure you learned that in psychology school.

You can't do a psychology profile on characters that do not have a full conscious.
    Still, same thing didn't stop you from claiming to understand character emotions better than others, because apparently you're psychologist.

It doesn't have to be video at all, solid article addressing the issue would be sufficient. Since you know difference between strength, and power I'll assume you wrote nonsense on purpose in one of your threads, testing someone's intelligence perhaps?

One of your quotes, first time you mentioned phoenix down's I believe.

All you really have to do is buy allot of phoenix downs, which I had 99 before I escaped the prison.
    Your own words as to how you made the game less challenging.

Well yes, I do look up to Kuja at some degree, he has manners, and tends to be perfect gentleman, so I'll take that as a compliment. I would like to quote one of the members here on TFF, "there's nothing funnier, but to see someone get owned by his own words", a somewhat shorter version of that, in words you can understand, "you took a dump, and ate your own shit". It was entertaining nevertheless, I had laugh or two.

@o0Odin0o - You werent lying after all, you are into psychology of anger, nice demonstration. Those who can't back their own words, nor think of a good comeback often reach for insults as a mean to respond, but I'm sure you learned that in psychology school.

Still, same thing didn't stop you from claiming to understand character emotions better than others, because apparently you're psychologist.

It doesn't have to be video at all, solid article addressing the issue would be sufficient. Since you know difference between strength, and power I'll assume you wrote nonsense on purpose in one of your threads, testing someone's intelligence perhaps?

One of your quotes, first time you mentioned phoenix down's I believe.

Your own words as to how you made the game less challenging.

Well yes, I do look up to Kuja at some degree, he has manners, and tends to be perfect gentleman, so I'll take that as a compliment. I would like to quote one of the members here on TFF, "there's nothing funnier, but to see someone get owned by his own words", a somewhat shorter version of that, in words you can understand, "you took a dump, and ate your own shit". It was entertaining nevertheless, I had laugh or two.
    You insolent little...
    I'm giving you a final warning NOT to judge my intellect anymore, and I am VERY serious.
    You just can't handle the fact that FF7 is better than your beloved FF9 and 12. You obviously have a different understanding of texts than others.
    Don't reply, seriously, punk.

The Mad God Which is the greatest, VII or XII? Heartless Angel's Avatar

Seriously mate, every time you make a post like that doing nothing but flaming and asserting yourself as a superior, all you're doing is dramatically undermining your own intelligence. He doesn't NEED to insult it, you're doing that for him.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Sol View Post
    Character depth:
    I'm not even going to get too far into this, as most of you should be able to tell there's a huge difference between the two. VII's characters all had a story, and at some point in the game, you get to experience their past which explains their feelings for the present situation at any point in the game. This helped to understand them better, and made them more diverse in both personality design and entertainment. If you want an intelligent character who likes to think himself more mature than the rest, take a look at Red XIII. But if gun-ho do it yourself characters with sailor mouths are more your liking, give Cid a try. XII didn't deliver nearly as well in that aspect being that, as already mentioned before, you only really saw the "tip of the iceberg" when they could've gotten much deeper. As far as I'm concerned, everyone but Vaan and Penelo had an actual story for themselves. There wasn't a main character focus either, but if I had to choose who would fit that title it would've been Ashe or Basch.

I think you summed it up best. Playing a final fantasy game to me is about going on an adventure, accomplishing tasks(like saving the world). It is the the people you're with that really makes a difference(in this case, characters in a story). The characters have to be good, believable and solid. FFVII's characters had good solid believeable motivations and peronalities, XII's sure their motivations and character personalties were there, but they seemed a bit unbelieveable or unreal.

The Mad God Which is the greatest, VII or XII? Heartless Angel's Avatar

The characters were the worst part of the XII story. Best two words I can think of to describe them would be bland and forgettable. Not to say they were completely horrible, but by no means up to FF standards. When playing any of the earlier FF fr the first time, I'd miss a night or two of sleep, just because I needed to know what happened next. In XII, I really didn't care, the story just completely failed to wrap my interest. It wasn't straight up bad, but again nowhere near what I've come to expect from a Final Fantasy.

Gameplay, that's mostly just personal preference, and personally, I thought it was ****ing terrible. Not to say I'm totally against any and all changes to the system, I-X I loves every one of, because they changes were good. There is a tremendous difference between change and improvement. Recent FF's have certainly been changes, but not improvements.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel View Post
    Seriously mate, every time you make a post like that doing nothing but flaming and asserting yourself as a superior, all you're doing is dramatically undermining your own intelligence. He doesn't NEED to insult it, you're doing that for him.
    I have shown valid claims behind all of them, insults like, "i don't have time to play with you" or other arrogant visages are insults, I have been fairly respectful, inhibiting my anger for several posts till then.
    **** you fanboys, I'm off.

@o0Odin0o - Weren't you the one who said that I shouldn't bother because you wont respond anyways, faithful to your own words as usual. I see you made a threat, if by any chance you have million $ you can always fulfill that in Jay, and Bob style.

Don't worry, I'm not judging or insulting your intelligence, never was to be honest, as Heartless said you're doing a fine job on your own.

Is there anyway to delete all my posts?
    This is plaguing the thread creators... thread and I will talk to who I think are... irritant directly to end all this. I'm sorry for heating up but whatever.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast