Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: The TFF Council

Blog Entries
    I'd do the interview with Alpha, but I'm all caught up in a bunch of RL stuff and until things get all sorted out (like my house and stuff) I can't really get online on MSN since the internet at this hotel is terrible. On top of that, my laptop is shot to hell and randomly shuts off, so my time online is pretty limited at best. I was hoping someone would step up and do the interview, but no one wants to I guess.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Actually I will do it if you want me to, if you have the time to write out some questions I can ask them for you and I can give credit to you (even though it will be my post). Not sure how you want this to work out but I am willing to help out if need be.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Go with me, Exkaizer~ The TFF Council Treize's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meier Link View Post
    So I am curious, the social group is dead, this thread hasn't got a single post in almost a month. What is going on? Have we really ran out of ideas in this short of a time period.

As S stated there is a convo up in the SG discussion a revamp of TFF family and I would like some opinions on the matter. Also there are still unresolved issues that need closure.

So, any clue as to what is going on? Or with out Kilala are we dead in the water?

Also I would like to mention that September is almost up and we still have yet to name the new member of the month...
    I'll just post everything here, since it doesn't seem that the new social group is very active, or was very active even from the start.

I was under the impression that TFF Council was getting a sub-forum. I've been waiting for that. I still think that, that is a good idea. Right now, I think a lot of people have almost forgotten about the TFF Council. People don't get reminded if posts are being made in the social group and that makes it very easy to forget that it is even there or to check up on it every so often. There are many forums at TFF right now that I think a lot are less useful than the TFF Council sub-forum would be.

Also I'm not sure what you would like to revamp about the TFF Family. I didn't know that TFF Family died in the first place. I know that many members including myself still have a TFF Family section in their signature. If anything, I think there should be a sticky in the actual forum explaining what it is. I know that I've been asked many times, "What exactly is TFF Family?" Many new members don't understand what it is and tend to be confused, and think that we are all actually family members or something occasionally.

Also what are these issues that haven't been resolved? TFF Adoption seems to be on its way and the IM Address Book seems to be done. All I see is that the member of the month needs to be finished for this month. It might be better if the interviewer is changed every month if it is too much for Rocky to handle. Maybe we should have a sign up thread, or ask if some other members want to be the interviewers here.

Finally I think that we should start brainstorming some ideas again like when the club first started. The only ideas I see left are the Council logo and the RP idea, which aren't really that important at the moment, especially since Christmas holidays aren't coming for awhile yet. I think that the group leaders should try to get things rolling again. If they aren't going to be organizing things, we should probably pick different leaders...
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

Blog Entries
    Meier Link, if you would take over for the Member of the Month interview with Alpha, that would be fantastic. I'll PM you just a set of basic questions you can ask Alpha, feel free to improvise and throw in whatever sounds good at the moment as well if you feel inclined to do so. I originally planned to run the thing by myself, but if Meier Link would be my go-to guy until I get RL back to normal, that would be great. And, if anyone else is interested in giving an interview, lemme know and I would more than likely let you as long as I know you.

Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Blog Entries
    http://www.bombtruck.net/wp-content/...tumbleweed.jpg

So there hasn't really been any new ideas or anything thats happened in over a month, and besides Meier's adoption thread, Azu's contact thread, and my MotM ideas, nothing really got accomplished imo. Can we close it down yet? Or do people have ideas and haven't brought them to the table?

Lady Succubus The TFF Council Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not like we have to have constant ideas for this place to stay alive.

Why be so anxious to close it down, also? Lol.

I mean, the Council is here for whenever someone has any kind of idea, no matter what time it is, or however long we go without anything new.

I think those three things were enough for a start. Besides, I don't really think anything else needs to be done. People register at this forum every day, etc, etc.

TFF is far from dead. It's not even close. So honestly, there's really no need for this anymore until we get to a point where someone has a new idea, that they have an outlet to post it in.

It doesn't hurt anything to keep this thread open.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Sheena View Post
    Not like we have to have constant ideas for this place to stay alive.

Why be so anxious to close it down, also? Lol.

I mean, the Council is here for whenever someone has any kind of idea, no matter what time it is, or however long we go without anything new.

I think those three things were enough for a start. Besides, I don't really think anything else needs to be done. People register at this forum every day, etc, etc.

TFF is far from dead. It's not even close. So honestly, there's really no need for this anymore until we get to a point where someone has a new idea, that they have an outlet to post it in.

It doesn't hurt anything to keep this thread open.
    I wanted it closed down because it was a bad idea to begin with. The fact that I have to be a member at some club that is designed to keep away new members from discussing ideas and concerns with tff is dumb, imo. Add this to the fact that a lot of our ideas were aimed at getting people to know each other, namely newer members, this makes the situation that much more dumb.

Besides, out of all of the people that were down 4 lyfe in this club, I think that there were literally a handful of people discussing stuff. That, and I think besides you Sheena, who else that was originally in charge of this club is still active?

If anything, wouldn't it be a better idea to have an idea thread or something like that in the general chat thread about ideas, suggestions, etc? I think there is tenfold more traffic in there then in the clubs thread, and that way anyone can make a suggestion, not just the "members" of the club.

Blog Entries
    Hmm. A sound reply, and a sound argument. Something I actually agree with.

Although, we do have the forum dedicated to forum suggestions/feedback, that..

No one uses for that purpose. >.>

And as far as Kilala is concerned... she has some issues with her family right now. (Though how her vacation + issues is taking like two months is kind of beyond my scope of believability tbh.)

I mean look at my last post lolol. It was a good idea for this to happen, but I honestly think it should have been more thought out way way before it gets started and actually have a set list of members instead of it being like oh you you you can be in it because you asked.

I still don't see any thing wrong with the council. Sure it has become more of a regulated Shinra but the over all concept is alot more user friendly. Using a median such as this gives everyone a fair chance to gain membership to the council and provide solid ideas to the community.

As for a general idea thread, what would this accomplish? From what I have seen through out the forum when someone makes mention of something being done / added / changed they either:

A: get ignored
    B: get heckeled
    C: end up droping the idea because no one pays attention.

Who would take ownership of this thread to make sure ideas wherent lost in the rift of time? Who would impliment the ideas that are stated? Who would keep order in that thread?

Atleast the council has a accomplished something over the last few months, Shinra really hasn't done anything and the suggestions area is rarely used and is hardly ever noticed.

The foundation of this club was to give EVERYONE a voice that wanted to exspress it. If someone had an idea all they would have to do is ask to join and exspress it amongst other like minded indivuals that wanted to improve TFF and most of the issues that where brought up where resolved and proper actions taken. I am not sure how long the 200 post requirement was added in but I don't remember it origionally being there. Honesly I think that restricion should be altered or completely removed. Maybe if someones post count is less then 200 they can have a 2 month temporary pass or something like that. I don't think this club should be an elitist group.

Also since I am posting in here I am going to go ahead and restate that I am still working on revamping TFF Family and could use an idea or two on what people would like to see come of it. Also seeing I am going to have some free time on my hands and some time off work in December I am going to give the adoption agency a complete overhaul and get it launched for 2010 anew.

Also I am going to revamp the archive for MotM at teh end of the year for 2010 so that I can actually arcive things properly. I am not pleased with how this one went and I want it to look more profesional in the furture.
    Last edited by Meier Link; 10-26-2009 at 06:32 PM.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Blog Entries
    I'm just going to take a risk and be blunt here, but the 200 post limit was my idea.

Not so much the amount of 200, but the idea of a small post limit. 200 isn't really that much, when you are an active member of the community.

We just don't want members to join that have the chance to up and leave after they stick around for a week or so. We don't want "flavor of the minute" members that join here because it's "cool".

We want actual members that have an actual concern for the well being of the forum. That's why we have the questionnaire. Although...

With the questions, the post count requirement seems kind of redundant, so I'll probably get rid of that right now.

Council has been slow, because there really isn't anything new that needs to be done as of yet. We've had no problems so far.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Besides, out of all of the people that were down 4 lyfe in this club, I think that there were literally a handful of people discussing stuff.
    Agreed. I'll be the first to admit that I've not discussed something in a while either. Since Kilala left, it feels as if we've shrunk due to not having a leader, and I think that's pretty sad. I didn't view Laura as a leader here, but as a member who wanted a difference, and now that she is gone it seems no one knows what they're doing.

Not that anyone should/would know what they are doing without ideas, and for this "club" to continue, we need the ideas. And... there aren't any coming any time soon. I guess you can't blame Kilala for that - this was bound to happen, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who that coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Meier Link
    If someone had an idea all they would have to do is ask to join and exspress it amongst other like minded indivuals that wanted to improve TFF and most of the issues that where brought up where resolved and proper actions taken.
    I still don't like the fact people have to join the Council to put forward their views. I liked the post count thing because it stops the weekend-drop-in-for-funsies members from being able to tell us what they want, only to not come back for months (or not at all in 9/10 cases). Really, does someone who has only been here a few days have that much of an opinion to make a drastic change?

Quote Originally Posted by Meier
    Maybe if someones post count is less then 200 they can have a 2 month temporary pass or something like that.
    Wouldn't that be hard to monitor? Already we have seventeen people in the Council not discussing anything, so do we really need newer members joining?

I just looked over the Council's Social Group, and out of the seventeen people there, five people haven't been on in a while, three of which I'm unsure about because they're hiding. The other members... I'm still unsure about because from what I've seen, most just lurk every now and then (I didn't check the lasts posts, just the last time they logged in).

And seeing how slow this club can be... do we really need seventeen people? I mean, how many people does it take to change a light bulb? It might be a big, scary forum to newer members, but after being here over a year, you really start to see it as something smaller.

I hate to say it, but I'm in favour of having the Council closed, and having a suggestion thread opened. Actually, my views are sort of mixed... In my opinion, we don't need a council - everything we've done so far has been through a simple suggestion and a discussion. You don't need to be a member of a club to express an opinion. BUT as Sheena said, it wouldn't hurt to keep it open. Maybe the Council itself needs a revamping, and a bit of a clean out?

There are 492 posts in this Club... Can you see what I see?:
    Last edited by Unknown Entity; 10-27-2009 at 05:58 AM.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

#LOCKE4GOD The TFF Council Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    If anything, wouldn't it be a better idea to have an idea thread or something like that in the general chat thread about ideas, suggestions, etc? I think there is tenfold more traffic in there then in the clubs thread, and that way anyone can make a suggestion, not just the "members" of the club.
    You do realise that you just made a suggestion regarding the continued welfare of TFF? If not for this thread, where would this be initiated and discussed?

It is a good idea, and I think something can be made of it, if only to circumvent the idea that only 'committed' (whatever that means) members should be in the Council, while getting feedback from those who are new to our community, or just anyone who has a single bright idea.

I think the only reason this is becoming a bit of a flop is due to Kilala's absence, which is sad, but it makes sense. There are members of this Council who have thousands of posts; why don't they assume a greater leadership role? Rocky, instead of saying "This isn't working, shut it down", say "This isn't working, what steps do we take to make it work?" It is up to us to make this more than some passing fad, and increasingly important as Kilala stays away.

Suggestion thread is moot, but good in principle; it should be looked at.

This group, despite lacking identifiable leadership, is still fulfilling it's role; keep it open.

Blog Entries
    Thread closed. The answer to Alpha's question is, obviously, the "Forum Suggestions, Feedback, and Bug Reports" forum.

...Which is at the VERY top of this forum. Yet no one uses it for its rightful purpose because people are stupid.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17