Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: The TFF Council

Blog Entries
    Updating as well.

I have narrowed it down to about two or three possible candidates for poster of the month. I will have reached my decision by sometime tomorrow when I have slept on the issue. After I pick the person that I have decided on, I will have a formula of sorts in place for choosing the future members of the month. Once the person is chosen, I interview them (I prefer to use some kind of chat medium, like MSN/AIM/etc instead of a shitty questionaire over a PM; that doesn't seem too lively or appealing to me). After the interview, I'll go through the chatlogs, do some monotonous editing, then I will post the interview. I was planning on posting it in the "member's business" section, since it seemed like the most logical place to go, since it will bring attention to the members of tff (If that's okay with you Meier...?). Also Meier, if I could get that thread stickied when it is posted, that would be peachy. The thread could be left open for comments from other members about the interview. After the month is up, then the thread can be sent to the cleft, and have the thread process start anew.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on the Member of the Month thing. ever since I brought up the idea to dragoon back a couple months ago, that is how I envisioned how things would take place. Any thoughts, concerns, comments, ideas, blatant flaming?
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

It has been a while since this has been discussed. Are you planning on making a new thread for every member of the month or just make one continuing thread?

Either way I am fine with it (even though one for each would be preferable). I have no problem at all sticking the MotM thread every month or just the once. If we make a new one monthly though I would more then likely close the previous one and unsticky it that way the new MotM has their time to be appriciated.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Meier Link View Post
    It has been a while since this has been discussed. Are you planning on making a new thread for every member of the month or just make one continuing thread?

Either way I am fine with it (even though one for each would be preferable). I have no problem at all sticking the MotM thread every month or just the once. If we make a new one monthly though I would more then likely close the previous one and unsticky it that way the new MotM has their time to be appriciated.
    I was planning on making a new thread for each month. It would be too much of a hassle to search through all the comments just for a new update for the month. And that would sound great, just close/unsticky the old thread and sticky the new one when it comes out, that's what I had on my mind as well.

Any other opinions? and PS: Deadmau5 fkn rocks. that is all.

Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Quite rightly said Meier Link regarding the Adoption Bio's.
    For all of those who have note filled in your official Bio for Meier Link to include in the thread please do so before the 1st of August as requested.

Rocky, I think your ideas are excellent - and your idea is quite exciting! It's so refreshing to see things getting into gear and going to their next stage.
    I agree with all of the points made.
    Creating a new thread for each month also is a terrific idea. It keeps it orderly tidy, and above all - not confusing haha.

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.

Update: The TFF adoption agency will go live this weekend. I am finalzing the details and should have it posted soon.

As of now the only 2 bios I don't have are Fishie and Ally. Ally seeing you are a pending I take it you don't want to be a part of this for now, I will remove both names from the list as of ummmm.... now. If you change your minds let me know and I can add you back in.

If anyone else on TFF wants to join in this effort let me know.

United, we move as one

My awards:

Asking all the personal questions. The TFF Council RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries
    You have done well Rocky, that sounds really good what you have suggested and can't wait to see it started I like your idea of MotM more than mine it is much more simplified and more elegant haha and i do like the idea of a new thread each month and i was going to suggest that Meier just unsticky each one as the new one is posted but as i read his posts i realised he was one step ahead of me. And of course i am excited and can't wait to see the adoption thread from Meier i am sure it will exceed expectations.

Meier- Sorry about my elaborate bio too haha i saw what you posted about wanting bio's with simplicity.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Ok as of now I have Fishies bio and am still on track for a launch this weekend, possibly tonight.

Dragoon I think your bio is fine, if you want to shorten it thats fine with me I can always update at any point.

I just hope we are not wasting our time doing this but if it helps just one new TFF member become a lasting good member my work will not be in veign.

United, we move as one

My awards:

Sorry for the bump and double post on this thread but I just wanted to announce that the adoption agency went live last night. I have already received positive feed back so far.

http://thefinalfantasy.net/forums/tf...ml#post1215565

I will be making amendments to the thread as time passes. If you feel that I have left something out please let me know. I modeled this one after the old adoption thread, if you look at them you will see some simularities.

Also I am getting forgetful in my old age haha but was there talk about having a link added to the welcome letter / PM that is automatically sent from Fuzz? And did I put the thread where we had agreed to put it?

Side note I received Fishies bio and also Ocean has decided to go ahead and join in on the fun also.

I won't ramble anymore on this one.

On to my next task then, reforming the jumbled TFF Family forum. That is going to be a chore in it's self.

United, we move as one

My awards:

Lady Succubus The TFF Council Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yes, it's supposed to be added into the auto PM that is sent by Fuzz when new members join. Thanks for putting the thread up. I will contact Fuzz and send him the link to the forum so he can add it in.

Blog Entries
    Okie dokie, I got the interview all wrapped up last night. Though it was kind of a trial run of sorts on my part, I think everything turned out pretty well and my interviewee/member of the month felt the same way, lol. Though I won't spoil it on who it happens to be (yet), everything has been edited and proofread by me just a bit ago so it looks all fresh and clean, much like Outkast. As of right now I'm going to try to catch Meier Link tonight so he can sticky the thread as soon as I create it, so it could be out as early as then, otherwise expect it sometime over the weekend.

If you have any comments you may also feel free to post in the thread as well, I'm looking for feedback/criticism/etc.

Shake it like a polaroid picture The TFF Council RagnaToad's Avatar
    The interview was pretty good, Rocky. Not too serious, and good questions.

Personally, I'd love to see more cultural and non TFF related ones. More stuff about favourite music, movies, books. Stuff like that. What kind of chicks the person digs.

And I think it would be clearer if the questions were in bold too. That's how the magazines do it anyway.

Good job!
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Asking all the personal questions. The TFF Council RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries
    MotM seems to be going along smoothly thanks to Rocky, Adoption agency is up and running IM address thread is all go so i thought i would throw another topic out there to discuss.

I am a member of another forum and what they have done is made a group on Face book were they unite etc anyway i thought i would bring it up here as a thought, now i don't know if it would be waste of time due to lack of FBer's or not so anyway the idea is open for discussion whether you like it or not that does not worry me.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lococolt04
    If you take the group's activity out of the website into an external location, doesn't that contradict its original purpose? It's like when all the spam kids left because we stopped doing the spam thread, and then they created a whole spam forum, and it was active for about three weeks before it died out entirely.

Creating a usergroup may be an excellent option.

I am also not opposed to a forum, but then every club will want its own forum... a risk to consider.
    Lococolt's response to the subforum approval. He's not against it, as you can see, but he brings up what I brought up earlier. "Then all the other clubs will want one."

So either Social Group or Sub Forum. Outer Forum is simply out of the question.

So with his response finally given, we can now move on with putting up a poll for what everyone wants.

@Rameses - Idea for a facebook group for the Council? Or a facebook group for the member of the month? I'm not really clear on what your idea is.
    Last edited by Victoria; 08-11-2009 at 10:16 AM.

I figured a private forum wouldn't go well. There is indeed the fact that all other clubs would be saying things like 'what makes them special?'.

Also, the Council would attract a lot of people when they found out about it, not so much for actually helping, but for being part of that 'elite'. That wouldn't do the forums any good.

About the Facebook group:

I'm not sure if it would be a good idea, since Facebook uses people's real names, and I'm guessing not everyone (if anyone) would be comfortable with the idea of sharing his/her first and last name with anyone on TFF.

Just my two cents.

Blog Entries
    Private forum? Who said it'd be private? It would be public, for the most part. I mean, we would have moderators to keep the non-members in line.

So I have no idea why you thought it would be private. ^^;

And when you think about it, TFF Council isn't really a club. It's more what the "Shinra" forum was supposed to be. Unlike Shinra, we actually got some stuff done.

But I digress.
    Last edited by Victoria; 08-11-2009 at 11:07 AM.

Ah. My bad, I guess.

How would it be a certainty that not every single member started posting around?

Or was that the purpose of the whole thing?

Excellent news to hear back from Loco Sheena.
    Once again I completely see the risks of other clubs wanting their own place - BUT - this club serves a purpose to benefit the forums itself. Hmm...

A Facebook group could be an option, but then it could make some uncomfortable and/or there may be the issue of taking it away from the main site itself. When we start to branch out like that it is inevitable that it will get confusing haha.

MotM underway is truly great news ^^. Excellent work Rocky <3

and ending the dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilala View Post
    A Facebook group could be an option, but then it could make some uncomfortable and/or there may be the issue of taking it away from the main site itself. When we start to branch out like that it is inevitable that it will get confusing haha.
    Indeed. There's also the paradox of our purpose, and creating a club outside of TFF.

But now I'm just quoting Cesar. O_o

The option which would be less hassle for our admins would be for us to create a usergroup. Perhaps that is the way to go. We would step on no one's toes... we would just have to make sure that it was not left to die - and make people look *Cackles*

and ending the dream.

Blog Entries
    First off, thanks for the reading and the feedback for the MotM thread, I appreciate it! Ragna, thank you for the ideas, I will get a wider variety of questions for next month's interview and will change up the format to make the article have more clarity (with the bolded questions part that you were referring to). One big thing that I would like to know was... How was the length of the article, did anyone think it was too long or too short? And, Meier, what did you think about the length of the interview? Too long, too short, etc.? I want to add in different questions like Ragna stated but if I need to I can cut some other stuff out if you guys would like me to. Just lemme know guise!!! (sic)

Rameses ze 2nd- It's an interesting idea, but at the same time it goes against the whole "keeping activity on TFF" sort of thing in reverse, it would be like taking 1 step forward while 2 steps back at the same time. Not only that, but not everybody has Facebook... like me for example lol. If I did then I wouldn't be against joining a tff user group or anything but there might be others that would be. My big concern is the whole elitism vibes it gives off (since we're all equal members here) and keeping off of tff, which I don't think is necessary at this point. I mean if we were trying to advertise and get more people to come to tff, then I think FB would be a better idea if you guys wanted to roll with that, but keeping a small amount of people on
    facebook to plan things for a whole website seems sillly imo.

and as for the subforum thing, I've said this over a month ago and I'll say it again, we really don't need it. We can use the usergroup settings to their potential and go from there, this is what kind of stuff I believe the usergroups are made more, to take a smaller section of tffers and put them in a like-minded setting to plan and talk about certain things, and its like bonus points because we're talking about how to improve the very site we're posting on.

As of right now, I feel it is in our best interests that we decide to actually do something sooner rather then later. For me, it is hard to keep track of our current goals because I had to go back like 4 pages just to find out what they are, when we could have a simple usergroup thread dedicated to them and what needs to be accomplished.

Blog Entries
    Yeah. Like I was telling Laura earlier.

The whole point of the Council is to make this forum a better place/more active.
    What is the point of moving this to someplace else that isn't this forum? It makes no sense, really.

This isn't an elitist group. This is a group of like-minded people that want to improve the forum overall, and we are a group that prefer the public to be able to have a say in what they want as well.

By Rocky
    And, Meier, what did you think about the length of the interview? Too long, too short, etc.?
    I liked it, it wasn't to short or to long. Probably wouldn't have taken so long if I would of been quicker on my responces haha. I have to concure with Ragna though, I think there should be some more emphasis on the member and who they are outside of the forum.
    But for the first MotM I would have to say it went well and is a learning curve that will set the bar for any other MotM.

I really had alot of fun with it.

By Sheena
    The whole point of the Council is to make this forum a better place/more active.
    What is the point of moving this to someplace else that isn't this forum? It makes no sense, really.

This isn't an elitist group. This is a group of like-minded people that want to improve the forum overall, and we are a group that prefer the public to be able to have a say in what they want as well.
    Completely agreed with on this one.

Also if by chance we do get a sub forum for our selves I wouldn't have a problem volunteering my services as a mod to watch over the place, then again there are probably other staff members that would be more suitable for that area that would also want it.

United, we move as one

My awards:

Like Meier, I wouldn't mind moderating a new subforum either, but Mod is not a job you can apply for. Plus, I can see how letting a fresh mod moderate a new subforum would be taking chances.

So yeah...

Also, the interview was over pretty quick I remember. But I'm a pretty fast reader so... It was probably not too short.

I am to make the group today as at last I'm not so rushed off my feet. I'll wait for Mistress Sheena to come online as well so together we can get it right or something. I don't want to do any rash and do it wrong haha - I like being alive .

From what I can see it may be preferably for us to get a Social group rather than a subforum.
    Would you like to take a poll on this matter? On Social groups vs Subforum I mean.

::Edit:: Okay so the basis of the Social Group is up:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forums/group.php?groupid=81

In there is a thread/discussion for which way we should go. Social Group or Subforum. Please submit your vote and opinion <3
    Last edited by Kilala; 08-14-2009 at 08:44 AM.

and ending the dream.

OK just wanted to put this out there, it's not really TFF council related but then again it is. I have been in talks with the forum staff and some other poeple around the forum about revamping the FAQ threads and also the link in the Nav bar. This is going to be a long process and I have 2 other members of the forum aiding me in the works. As of now we are currently going to be working on this in the Shin-Ra forum seeing it is private and it is where all 3 of us have access to it with out fear of being disturbed. When it is completed it will be moved to the main section of the forum.

I say this because I know certain people already know about it and I don't want someone coming in here throwing out the idea seeing it is currently in works as we speak. As of right now I have the team I want to be working on it doing so. I also want to state that I am not going to allow to many (if any) other members to help with this, so please don't ask.

United, we move as one

My awards:

don't put your foot in there guy SOLDIER #819's Avatar
    Just in case people forgot: with the creation of the social group, many of our activities have moved into that area. Please join us and vote and give your opinions on things!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda
    just turn off your PS3 or 360 go to your dust tomb and say you'll give birth to 1500 people a day for the 1000 that'll be killed until the doors to hades open and you can pull out ar tonelico and turn on that glorous PS2 and be bathed in its radiant warm glow

Quote Originally Posted by SOLDIER #819 View Post
    Just in case people forgot: with the creation of the social group, many of our activities have moved into that area. Please join us and vote and give your opinions on things!
    I just wanted to add that for the people who don't check the Social Group, I just made a new discussion about a logo for the Council's Social Group.

Practically every SG has one, and I feel that we should be no exception.

Also:

Are we supposed to post every topic in here AND in the SG? Or are new ideas posted in here, and voted on in the SG?

peace & love!

Blog Entries
    New ideas are posted in here, and discussed/voted on in the social group, and yeah, I'll get around to making a logo sooner or later.

don't put your foot in there guy SOLDIER #819's Avatar
    For those unaware, please check the social group. We're currently discussing the possibility of discussing a new project for TFF Families. Votes and ideas welcome.

Wow, that's a lot of red tape!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda
    just turn off your PS3 or 360 go to your dust tomb and say you'll give birth to 1500 people a day for the 1000 that'll be killed until the doors to hades open and you can pull out ar tonelico and turn on that glorous PS2 and be bathed in its radiant warm glow

So I am curious, the social group is dead, this thread hasn't got a single post in almost a month. What is going on? Have we really ran out of ideas in this short of a time period.

As S stated there is a convo up in the SG discussion a revamp of TFF family and I would like some opinions on the matter. Also there are still unresolved issues that need closure.

So, any clue as to what is going on? Or with out Kilala are we dead in the water?

Also I would like to mention that September is almost up and we still have yet to name the new member of the month...
    Last edited by Meier Link; 09-22-2009 at 07:25 PM.

United, we move as one

My awards:

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast