View Poll Results: How often have you had the urge to say WTF in the last week?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never. Life is a fairytale.

1 10.00%
  • Once or twice. I'm perfectly normal, right?

0 0%
  • Three or four times. People can be such imbeciles.

6 60.00%
  • More than that. I admit I am high-strung.

3 30.00%

Thread: WTF moments?

Chief Inspiring Officer WTF moments? Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

WTF moments?

Howdy, I've had a lot of these moments lately. I've been seriously tempted to shout out the words referred to above, of course I never swear so that kind of bottles everything up. Instead I've taken to replacing the last word in that sentence with the name of a rascally alley cat that my family has recently taken in, and I've found that works nicely as well. "What the Bilbo Basket!"

So, had any trying moments lately? Do spill.
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. WTF moments? noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lots. I just can't think of them right now. Lawl

Blog Entries
    I say it a lot. Not necessarily about people; a lot of times it's about inanimate objects, like my computer at work, because my e-mail likes to freeze up a lot/reports like to not drop/random reports like to drop/some service we use isn't working properly. Although sometimes it's because I hate people. People give me reasons to hate them, but I also have anger issues. And other issues. Yay me!

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. WTF moments? noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The other night, we were outside and I forgot/didn't realize that my bf had closed the screen door ... Turned around and walked right into that sumbitch. ha.

Then the cat did the same thing a little while later. She was laying on the back of the couch and tried to jump out to the balcony .. Hit the screen hard. XD

This guy had a major WTF moment. lawl

Blog Entries
    That plugin must'a been R rated, Sunshine (damnit, why don't we have a coke-sipping hillybilly smiley?)

So I was planning to make a perfect batch of scones (for once) utilizing a little bag of assorted dried fruit, I had my recipe sitting out and everything, left the kitchen for - seriously - two minutes and my little brother has already wolfed those suckers down while watching the Vampire Diaries!!!!!! WTF!

*sigh* it was my fault for leaving them out... and I guess raisins will have to do... X_X

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I say it aloud all the time. I'm very high strung, heh.

I've said it a lot at work, especially when things don't work the way I want/need them to, like discounts and various till codes. Or when I can't find a necessary piece of POS, sticker, leaflet, pen... other stationary. Things don't always stay where they're supposed to be for long because people can't be assed to put shit back. WTF.

Today, I had a customer supposedly randomly become aggressive towards me over nothing - I told her which colours the 3DS XLs are usually available in, and she stormed off in a huff when I said we don't stock them in Black. She asked for my name tag and everything, and I proudly presented it to her. Camden folk be cray-cray...

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Blog Entries
    I wouldn't say that saying it multiple times a day or week makes you high strung. I say it all the time, or some variation of it, for any number of reasons. Usually it has to do with someone or something being stupid, or somebody at work trying to do something they're not supposed to.

It's more of a reaction than anything, since I curse like a sailor.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I forgot some people do that! You need different parameters, I basically mean how many times a week do you get ticked off?

Blog Entries
    Oh, then I'm generally pretty laid back, or I'll get mad about something stupid and then get over it quickly and forget about it. Other times, something will piss me off to such an extent that I'll be mad about it for way too long.

I'm still mad at autozone for telling me the wrong wiper blades for my truck and for my gf's car. Still haven't gone back to get a refund because I'll probably start yelling
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm still mad at autozone for telling me the wrong wiper blades for my truck and for my gf's car. Still haven't gone back to get a refund because I'll probably start yelling
    You need to go in there and tell those motherfuckers that they are motherfuckers!

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth WTF moments? Xanatos's Avatar
    I fix PC's to earn some extra cash, you could say I deal with stupid people pretty much on a daily basis. I get one might not understand/does not know certain, if not most aspects regarding PC's, but the questions and requests I face often are sometimes just way too much. In these situations my expression is often...

WTF moments?-wat-jpg

Some people even refuse to pay requested price because it took me a minute or two to solve the problem, they seem to forget it would probably cost them twice as much at the electronics store. Plus, they do not take time I could spend on to something else and overall time it took me to reach that level of skill into account.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Blog Entries
    ^ I had that recently. I do a bit of freelance cartography for people at my uni. Four many people writing a thesis, a map is a really useful method of presentation, both for a written report and oral presentation. Often they're quite simple maps, but the person asking for someone to make them doesn't know how to do things that to me are quite easy, like geocoding (taking the text form of a road address and working out its XY coordinates). The simplicity of what they want usually means I can whip up a Python script to do it for me, even using methods I wrote for someone else but just tweaking them.

Anyway, the person I did this for most recently offered 300 for what they thought would be 10 hours work. When I finished it in less than two because I had all my scripts already, they disputed paying me the full $300 because it didn't take ten hours.

So, they'd have more been willing to pay someone to manually play around with their data and waste time, than for someone to do it more efficiently? It annoys me when people only look at the face value of the time spent doing the task and not how long it takes to get the skill that allows you to do it quickly.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Anyway, the person I did this for most recently offered 300 for what they thought would be 10 hours work. When I finished it in less than two because I had all my scripts already, they disputed paying me the full $300 because it didn't take ten hours.

So, they'd have more been willing to pay someone to manually play around with their data and waste time, than for someone to do it more efficiently? It annoys me when people only look at the face value of the time spent doing the task and not how long it takes to get the skill that allows you to do it quickly.
    That's been pissing me off about my job recently. We've brought in one of our senior inspectors to run our department and to cut down on people scamming the company by disappearing from jobs and not showing up on time, etc. However, some of the things he's been doing are really just dumb, in my opinion.

Take this past week for example. On Wednesday, I was at four different job sites. Granted, three of them were on the same block, and I was essentially bouncing around the three all day, which amounted to 2 full day billings, and a half day ( that's $2100 made right there for my company), and I was there from 7am-2pm. I then stopped by a fourth job, which did work essentially behind our backs, which isn't good, as I'm a construction inspector and need to verify that certain things are done properly. I called the new manager to tell him about this, he got pissed at the guys who did the work, and told me I was done for the day (we billed these guys for half a day ( or $400). He then gave me the option of either using my comp time to take the 1.5 hours I had left on the clock off, or I could take an hour drive (about 35 miles one way in moderate traffic) back to our office, to essentially poke my head in, say hi, then leave.

This is where I get annoyed. I made the company 2500 bucks for a single day, which is more than 3 inspectors make being on a single job for a full day. It would have cost the company less to just pay me out for my 1.5 hours and let me go home early, instead of paying me to drive for an extra 65 miles (from the job to the office, and back to my house).

The real pickle in all of this is that we don't get paid for overtime, we get 1.5 hours for every hour over 40 that we work, put into what they call comp time. These are the hours that we use when we're sick or on vacation, etc. They're nickle and diming us so that we can't earn any more comp time, and now they're taking it from us if we're not on a job site for a full 8 hours a day. We don't have sick days otherwise.

My problem is how are we supposed to take time off if we're sick, if they're not letting us keep the time we've already gained, and if we can't get more comp time in case we get sick?

On top of that, I finished two jobs on Thursday, wrapped up around 1, went to the office, did all the work that we had to handle, caught up on all of my reports, and was hanging out. The same manager told me to either find something to do, or comp out. He's making it impossible to even maintain our comp time even when we do come into the office, which is what he wants us to do when we're done early.

What the ****
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

This ain't no place for no hero WTF moments? Tiffany's Avatar
    I have them all the time for the most inane things lol.

My last one was over Christmas when my mother was mad at me because I was sick with the flu and couldn't attend our Christmas dinner. After that, she accused me of only wanting to show up for gifts, which is the furthest thing from my mind when I can barely walk, I assure you.

Blog Entries
    In light of a recent experiment, I am afraid that my previous entries may not be valid.

I have recently taken a step back in order to better observe the situations I am ticked off at, and have come to a terrible realization. It appears that my anger is not merely rearing its head at random intervals. In fact, I am repeatedly and systematically being hassled by a single entity: one of my brothers by the name of Wallace. The younger, much larger than myself brute has taken to inconveniencing me, usually when I am too busy to set him straight, he then disappears without doing the chore and I often end up executing his assigned job myself. The over-grown child, unlike some, was not raised with adequate discipline, and has spent much of this time being pampered by our aging mother.

I would very much appreciate some advice on this subject.