Thread: Scary FF Moments

I'll find you, no matter what. Scary FF Moments FeyLenne13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Scary FF Moments

I'm asking if anyone else out there has experienced that one moment do the FF games that just made you want to scream no as if the characters could hear you. For me, some of these moments include (possible spoilers) when Celes threw herself over the cliff in the World of Ruin, when Cloud tried to kill Aerith just before Sephy did, when Squall was pierced by the ice after the assault on Edea, when Zidane went after Garland all by himself, and when (although i didn't like the game much) Balthier and Fran got on the Bahamut to stop it crashing into Dalmasca.

Trust Me.

Re: Scary FF Moments

Haha when I was a younger player of the FF's I would always be very cautious of the main bad guy, whenever it seemed like I was gonna battle them I would crap my pants in fear of annihilation. Like when Sephiroth appears constantly, but luckily just leaves pieces of Jenova for you to wipe up, and running into Kuja in IX, it never actually happens 'til late on in the game but every time there'd be a confrontation I'd feel in fear for my party's life XD

Oh and stepping into an arena and discovering you're about to fight a monster with 50 mil health when the max damage you can do is 9999 wasn't pleasant from XII lol.

Blog Entries

Lol I completely agree about the XII part. I got to whenever I saw a large room on a map, I expected trouble. When i first started out playing, everytime the music would change to the baddies theme, I flinched lol. Usually preceeding the music change was me saying over and over again, "Please don't let him be in there, please don't let him be in there." Lol although on somedays my thought was "Bring it on!"

Trust Me.

I have had the thoughts but more often than not I say 'wounded' (sorry about that!) but do you cry? My missus always cries at 7 when Red finds out about his dad and when Aeris dies and also at the FF8 ending (Raine and Laguna) but she is probably not the only one if you want to answer this I am gonna post this question this as a thread.

Registered User Scary FF Moments

Haha... This is going to be so lame of me to say, but I got kind of creeped out about one of the hunts in Final Fantasy XII. It was the "ChildSnatcher" hunt in the mines of Bhujerba. The actual hunt was okay, but when I went to go claim my prize after slaying the demon, it turns out that
    SPOILER!!:
    the boy that issued the petition was the GHOST of one of the kids that was taken and killed by the mark...and after you get your reward, he fades away.

That's some "I see dead people" shite right there.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

___________ Scary FF Moments Kyreaan's Avatar

The old school 16bit FF games had a lot of thrilling moments opposed to scary. As far as the newer ones, DOC FFVII sticks out in my mind the most. I had the closest feel to anything that would be concidered anything scary. Even the FFXII Deep Dungeon got more annoying than scary. The hunts shifting through the bridges of undead creatures was probably the most scary moments I've seen. Other than that, DOC takes the crown. It had kind of a Resident Evil feel; except, you are Vincent Valentine and not hot Milla Jovovich.

Chrono Cores:

Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyreaan View Post
    I would skip the part about it being a 100lb box set and consider the relative mass to converted energy for the staircase. The style I would first choose is to go for the Aeronaut legos and calculate relative time and distance to the axis points within the electromagnetic field that could cross over warping into a wormhole given enough density converted into energy by using the funnelled power of the sun. Enough power may be derived not from the sun, but from the mass of an artificial, contained black hole connected to a semi-quantum theorized single vacuum tube for energy wave processing. You cause youself to fold inward and then collapse in on itself, while rematerializing into another universe or within the same universe with the rest of your ship. Your reference points will be the nearby astrology of wherever you ended up, as well as the age of the nearby stars relative to your current star maps. Go ahead and give me a call or send me an email if I am considered for the position. Thanks. It was nice meeting you.
    I am slapping this thread up for an update. There was a petition set up at Petition Spot for .hack//Link (PSP). It says it is needing 50,000 signers, but it looks like they are asking for only 100 right now. This is asking for either an English patch or an English release towards both NA and Europe regions. It is the last game of the entire series.

.hack//Link English Localization- Petition Spot

The first two series, for those of you who don't read or know, were 7 volumes total and all for PS2. There was also an 8th; it was called .hack//Fragment Offline. A lot of people didn't know that I bet. Has anyone read any .hack manga? If you don't plan on getting Link and instead prefer to read, I recommend at least trying out .hack//Link Manga- Read .hack//Link Manga Online for Free at Manga Fox. Let me know what you think.

Final Fantasy Noob! Scary FF Moments ZenMonkey59's Avatar

Whenever I came up to a Save point in front of an empty room in FFXIII I got nervous...
    Final Fantasies I've Beaten: FFI, FFXIII

Currently Playing: FFIX

Blog Entries

lol me too, ZenMonkey59. I saved everytime. It was horrible when the save crystal attacked back

Trust Me.

Hewerya love...? Scary FF Moments seanb's Avatar

Spoiler:

I was well scared when jecht emerges at the end of X, and that metal track rips in, and he looks like he means BUISINESS

Also it was really kinda chilling in VII when your wandering round the shinra HQ near the start of the game, and the tingling music is playing while you follow sephiroths bloody aftermath.. and the monsters that you battle at that time are crazy laboratory experiments that are rather scary in a disturbed way

Blog Entries

@seanb, in FF7 have you ever been in the sunken sub?

Trust Me.

Quote Originally Posted by FeyLenne13 View Post
    @seanb, in FF7 have you ever been in the sunken sub?
    Yes, I think I remember it, its been a while though...

What was down there again? or do I want to know? lol

Blog Entries

@seanb, in a few words: some creepy, on the loose experiments! They creep me out everytime I go down there!

Trust Me.

Quote Originally Posted by FeyLenne13 View Post
    @seanb, in a few words: some creepy, on the loose experiments! They creep me out everytime I go down there!
    Ah yea?

wow yea, I remember load of strange moments in 7 where things were really dismal and creepy.
    Yaknow I also just remembered the dungeon in don corneos mansion with hot coals and torture device things, it's horrible!
    But perhaps all those things just add another layer to the masterpiece

Blog Entries

lol yeah, I remember a few "Whoa, Ugly!" moments. I'm trying to think which game had more of those moments, but a single games doesn't pop out to me.

Trust Me.

___________ Scary FF Moments Kyreaan's Avatar

The sunken sub in VII is one of my favorite moments of old, probably for that very same reason. I know it was meant to be spooky, but it just looked interesting in a morbid way to me.

Spoiler:
    I still remember the items. That was the first place I got 4x Strike.

The Shinra Mansion was the same for me.

Chrono Cores:

Quotes:
    I would skip the part about it being a 100lb box set and consider the relative mass to converted energy for the staircase. The style I would first choose is to go for the Aeronaut legos and calculate relative time and distance to the axis points within the electromagnetic field that could cross over warping into a wormhole given enough density converted into energy by using the funnelled power of the sun. Enough power may be derived not from the sun, but from the mass of an artificial, contained black hole connected to a semi-quantum theorized single vacuum tube for energy wave processing. You cause youself to fold inward and then collapse in on itself, while rematerializing into another universe or within the same universe with the rest of your ship. Your reference points will be the nearby astrology of wherever you ended up, as well as the age of the nearby stars relative to your current star maps. Go ahead and give me a call or send me an email if I am considered for the position. Thanks. It was nice meeting you.
    I am slapping this thread up for an update. There was a petition set up at Petition Spot for .hack//Link (PSP). It says it is needing 50,000 signers, but it looks like they are asking for only 100 right now. This is asking for either an English patch or an English release towards both NA and Europe regions. It is the last game of the entire series.

.hack//Link English Localization- Petition Spot

The first two series, for those of you who don't read or know, were 7 volumes total and all for PS2. There was also an 8th; it was called .hack//Fragment Offline. A lot of people didn't know that I bet. Has anyone read any .hack manga? If you don't plan on getting Link and instead prefer to read, I recommend at least trying out .hack//Link Manga- Read .hack//Link Manga Online for Free at Manga Fox. Let me know what you think.

I like the Shinra Sub part very much but yes I agree it is pretty scary due to the freakish monsters that are out for your blood!!! Also the difficulty of this place is depenadnt on when you visit it. If you have already returned to Midgar and met the Turks for the last time then it is not too difficult to handle at that point in the game. If you go there as soon as you acquire the Sub (I do it at this point) it is much more difficult (I treat all the fights in here like I would a boss fight e.g Big Guard, Regen etc) plus you have to fight Reno and Rude (but they are not much of a problem as usual. In the end though it is a worthwile visit as you can acquire some great items and materia, Heavens Cloud, Conformer, Hidgwind, Double Cut and Hades to name a few. The Shinra mansion pisses me off due to the Dorky Faces enemy but is pretty spooky due to Vincent and Sephiroth being there.
    Last edited by markandrewkinzett; 06-22-2011 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Forgot something

Balaclavas on...let's go shopping!! Scary FF Moments nickness89's Avatar

Scary moment ... hmmm ...

XIII gave me a bit of a scare when I got to the last C'eth Stone Mission, when I was going to fight Vercingetorix...people made it sound like it was going to be one of the hardest boss fights, but it was pretty simple to be honest :/
    Oh and also when you first see Titan in XIII...you're like..."WTF?!"

The Aeris death moment in VII was a shout-out scene, as was XII when you have Renew set on gambit, but forget to dispel the Reflectga that Yiazmat (50 million hp) casts on your party. I don't find him that hard, just takes ages, and when you Renew him, you're pretty much doomed to re-start lol.

In X-2, I was pretty much shouting all the time at the screen, because I would get too into it and miss one of the percentages!!

I always shouted at Yuna in X, because she had plenty of opportunities to perform a sending on Seymour (except in Bevelle when everyone would have been shot).

I always get pissed off and shout at the games when the party ends up aplitting up and doing different things ... my favourite characters and favourite line-up always end up being separated!!

But I still love Final Fantasy ... It's my way of life xD
    Favourite Lyric For Now:

"Don't be insecure if your heart is pure,
    You're still good to me if you're a Bad Kid, baby."

Lady Gaga

MY LOVING TFF FAMILY

TFF WIFEY - angelmarie190515
    MY FF TWIN - Firefly

TFF STEP-HUSBAND-IN LAW - Gilgamesh~Enkidu

BESTEST FRIEND - Judge Magistrate
    IRISHMAN IN THE PUB JOKES - seanb
    CANADIAN FRIEND - R.Kyra
    FELLOW SCOTSMAN - Aerif
    AUSSIENESS - NikkiLinkle

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickness89 View Post
    But I still love Final Fantasy ... It's my way of life xD
    Well said, I like it

Trust Me.

Scariest moments for me were in FFVII - namely the first time we see Jenova in her tank, and the Shinra building when you have to follow the blood trail to the top floor.

The ship where we also first meet Sephiroth 'in the spirit flesh' so to speak was pretty scary too.
    Spoiler:
    My TFF Family:

My TFF girlfriend who hearts root beer - Chocobo_Lover 17
    My brother of honourable justice - Judge Magistrate
    My Canadian sister who travels the skies- R.Kyra
    My nameless brother of legend - Hero without a Name
    My brother, the Gunblade master - Lion Heart
    My supernatural sister of mysterious intrigue - belleZ

I will save the world Scary FF Moments Hero without a Name's Avatar

Scariest moment in FF would be....(SPOILER ALERT) when Alexander gets destroyed by Garland's doomsday ship in FF9, I was so into the game that I thought I was in the castle and I was like AHH

"I may save the world, but you'll never know why"

My TFF Family

Judge Magister Brother in Arms: To give peace to the world and look cool doing it

Firefly: Baby cousin To spread joy to all who read the forums

The_Dream_Recluse: Witty brother with a sweet sword

Bailiax: My star stealing sister who lives in the beautiful deep sea.

Chocobo_Lover 17- Sister who is breeding my army of chocobos

Lion Heart: Gunblade hero under our hero clan

That mansion in Nibelheim always gave me the creeps whenever I stood in it. The music didn't help either. I always felt like something was going to come out from around the corner or through the floor or something.

And I agree with FeyLenne13 when Zidane went to face Garland by himself. I don't remember exactly what happened at that part (as it has been a while since I've played it), but I remember feeling very sad for Zidane.
    Fantasies completed:
    I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XII