Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What can't you leave your house without?

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What can't you leave your house without?

What do you always carry around with you when you go out? I mean, other from all the stuff like... college/school books and the like?

I can't leave my house without my phone. I like to know that if I get into trouble, I have a way of contacting someone at home. Also comes in handy when I'm meeting a friend, and I can't see them. Haha, and I like photos and my music, so I nearly always have my headphones on.

My Oyster card (bus pass). Free travel? Hell yeah. I even had it on me today when we went out, and I didn't need it because my mum was driving.

I like having some money, usually change on me when I'm out. Like a security thing if my card goes missing so I can pay to get on a bus, or to buy something to eat/drink when the need comes.

My iPod. I know I have my phone for the music too, but my iPod has become a must over the last few weeks. Mainly because I can put much more music on it.

Perfume. Well, sometimes anyway. If I smell something, I always get paranoid that it is me for some reason, even though everyone I'me with swears blind it isn't, and that it is this or that.

Tissue. There is nothing worse that getting a runny nose on a crowed bus, and everyone can hear you sniffing all the time.

Hand gel. I like to keep my hands clean - I don't know who used a keyboard and college before me, and there is never any soap in the toilets.

Water bottle. Obvious reasons, and I tend to get stroppy when I'm dehydrated.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Soup Kitchen Jerk. What can't you leave your house without? Polk's Avatar
    Pants. Call me crazy, but I just can't seem to leave my house without pants on.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James K. Polk View Post
    Oh bugger!

I can't leave my house without clothes on too I guess lol! Yeah... obvious reasons... XD

Thanks for reminding me James... I'll have you to thank when I turn up at college fully clothed. *laughs*

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James K. Polk View Post
    Yuss, being fully clothed before you leave your house is highly advised.

Personally, there are two things I make sure I have on me before I leave: my keys and my phone. My keys, so I can get into my car and go somewhere (if I'm driving) and to get back into my house when I come back. My phone, just in case I get a call while I'm out, or there's some kind of emergency. Although really, I often carry neither on me when I go running... although I don't intend to be gone long when I go running. I like having my wallet on me too, but I generally automatically assume it's attached to my pants by my wallet chain and in my back pocket before I go out. Except, again, when I go running.

Another thing I frequently take with me is my back pack, which generally contains a binder full of my drawings, a sketch book, some drawing pencils and an eraser. It may also contain my mp3 player and head phones, some random books, some random movies, my DS with some random game in it, or my jump drive. *nod* Other than that... not a lot. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Registered User What can't you leave your house without? Halie's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My phone. Not because I like calling or texting people, but because I'm an absolute time-freak, and I have no watch to regularly check the time with, so the alternative is my phone. I hate it when the battery goes kapoot when I'm out, I get really uneasy for some reason and tense up. It's really weird.

Anyhoo. And my iPod, I guess. But I'm gonna have to without it for a little while because I lost my headphones, so until I get a new pair there really is no point in me carrying it around.

My necessities:

-Clothes: Pants, a shirt, and shoes are pretty important, since I know I don't want to see some else walking down the street stark naked.
    -Cell Phone: Just in case I get lost and need my mom to pick me up, I have my cell with me. It's also pretty handy when I get separated from my friends when I get distracted and go off on my own into random shops and such.
    -Money: I always try to keep at least two dollars and a few quarters on me at all times in case I lose my phone and need to call me mom on a pay phone. I also like to have some money for snacks if I'm in a place where snacks are available.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    The things I always seem to have on me are...

- Mobile phone
    - Wallet containing money and ID as well as any other cards
    - Key ring with all my keys

And very often though not always...

- Lanyard with my security license
    - Ipod Nano
    - A packet of chewing gum preferably Extra Liquid Blast Strawberry Peach flavour. Or anything mint.

And yeah, I tend to wear clothing outside my house more often than not.
    victoria aut mors

Govinda
    Kevlar. These are mean streets.

forever alone in hell What can't you leave your house without? final fantacy_tifa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    **ok this might sound dumm but dont leave ur house with out pants!!**
    i did it before!
    i think i was drunk of sumthing!

and i dont whant to do it again!
    Last edited by final fantacy_tifa; 03-15-2009 at 05:29 PM.

Blog Entries
    Cell Phone- I need it for work and for friends to get ahold of me at all times, otherwise it is quite difficult to get messages from people.

Car Keys- I need them to start my car. I can leave my house without them, but I will be coming back, quite quickly in fact.

Wallet- It holds my driver's license, debit card, cash, spare change, and other valuables that are important to have on with me.

Fancy Transparent Green Clipboard- Where I keep all of my important documents, from study guides/handouts from class up to papers/information about my clients that I work with on a daily basis.

Pack of gum- It keeps my breath all fresh and clean, which is a plus.

Sweatshirt/Coat- I keep one on incase the weather doesn't pan out. If not, then it gets thrown into the car for later purposes.

Glasses/Contacts- Without them, it is difficult for me to see.

Pants- Without them, it is difficult for me to be taken seriously.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

I have a routine before I leave.

I grab my keys, checking for my flash drive, if it's not there I snap it off whatever computer it's stuck on and reattach it. I put them in my right pocket, or on the right front belt loop if I'm wearing jeans.

I put on a hat after I'm dressed, and I always carry a sharpie, so I generally slide it into my hat near my right ear.

I grab my wallet and put it in my right back pocket.

I grab my cell phone and throw it in my left leg pocket.

I grab my cigarettes and a lighter and throw them in my left pocket, or if I'm going to class in my backpack, then check my backpack for books and put the ones I need for the day in there.

As I'm walking out of my room I check for my keys, my wallet, my cell phone, my hat, my sharpie, and my cigarettes and a lighter, then off I go. Though usually all of this winds up in my backpack during my 3 hour classes, as things in my pockets when I'm sitting for too long gets annoying, and my CompTIA/A+ class requires me to move around a lot of work stations and my wallet likes to annoy my ass after awhile.

Things that are always in my wallet: at least $20, but no more than $80. I keep excess cash in a drawer. My drivers license, old and new versions of my school ID, my debit card, my bank credit card, my circuit city credit card, and my best buy credit card.

Things that are always in my backpack: Bottle of ibuprofen, pack of gum, random pens/pencils, my main notebook, and various school books.

And of course I always leave my house with clothes, shoes, and my glasses on.
    Last edited by Sean; 03-15-2009 at 08:22 PM.

Bananarama What can't you leave your house without? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, I'll start off with clothes, simple enough.

Other than that, I need my wallet, which has my money, license, and numerous passes and cards. I also need my key ring because it has all of my keys (house, car, etc) as well as all of my little key chain cards for pretty much everything (GNC, 3 supermarkets, LIDS, my gym, CVS, etc). I also like to keep my phone on me at all times. You never know when you'll need it.

When I'm driving, I take my aviators because you never know when the sun's gonna get in your face, plus they look good. I also keep a tire iron under my seat because you never know...
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Eyes On Me~ What can't you leave your house without? RinoaLeonHeart's Avatar
    My Phone and Psp~
    My TFF Family: <3 Big Bro Mallick :3

Tsuna Feesh What can't you leave your house without? Fate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RinoaLeonHeart View Post
    My Phone and Psp~
    Ooh!^^ Best one I've heard yet! I wholeheartedly agree with you!^^

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

Rufus Shinra What can't you leave your house without? Rufus shinra's Avatar
    My debit card I have to always take with me
    President Rufus Shinra
    Celebrity Big brother: Coolio 3rd!!! Result
    My Top 5 Final Fantasy Characters: Cloud Tifa Locke Irvine Rikku
    currently playing: Lost odyssey
    Xbox 360 gamertag: Andyarteta

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus shinra View Post
    My debit card I have to always take with me
    Don't overuse it now!^^

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

Rufus Shinra What can't you leave your house without? Rufus shinra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayt Leingod View Post
    Don't overuse it now!^^
    No even when there is no money in it i still take it with me
    President Rufus Shinra
    Celebrity Big brother: Coolio 3rd!!! Result
    My Top 5 Final Fantasy Characters: Cloud Tifa Locke Irvine Rikku
    currently playing: Lost odyssey
    Xbox 360 gamertag: Andyarteta

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus shinra View Post
    No even when there is no money in it i still take it with me
    Is the thing like a good luck charm? If you ever own a house, I swear they're gonna get it!^^

Gingersnap What can't you leave your house without? OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yo, dawgs, this shit ain't no chatroom. Shape up or GET WARNED.

(Feel free to take your conversation to VM)

Keys, phone, wallet (and ID) are the things I check for. Optional items would be my camera, my knife, chapstick, gum... depends on the size of the bag. But really, all I need are keys and wallet and the phone is for safety.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Registered User What can't you leave your house without? winterborn86's Avatar
    My purse, I always have to take it out with me even when I don't have any money in it, it just doesn't feel right going out without it. I use to take my phone out with me every single time but I got outa the habbit of that and leave it behind most of the time now. but lately my partner has been nagging me whenever I go out to take my phone with me, ust incase something happen to me or the baby when I'm out, I can'y leave the house without him asking about 3 times if I have it on me or not lol

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

I invented Go-Gurt. What can't you leave your house without? Clint's Avatar
    I don't have to take anything with me when I leave my home. I'm not required to take anything, nor am I required to put on clothes. Although, if I'm seen outside of my house without clothes, and somebody calls the police on me, and I'm still outside without clothes when the police arrive, then I'll have to officially register as a sex offender, but that's the price to pay for not being designated by law to have to take things with me when I leave my home.

I will finish the hunt What can't you leave your house without? Cheesevixen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    TOP TEN THINGS I CANNOT LEAVE THE HOUSE WITHOUT:

1. My Drivers License....I don't do things like....walk and junk

2. My Debit Card....I never carry cash...my people reimburse me if my card is stolen...can't do that with cash.

3. My Make-up...I actually just keep that in the car so I don't have to carry it about

4. My GPS...incase I get lost

5. My Ciggs

6. My Lighter

7. My Phone....a MUST in my line of work

8. My Master Keys to my store

9. My Car Charger....For MY Phone, and Yes I have accidentally left it at
    home

10. My Game Plan....I set out a do to list every day...other wise I would behind in every aspect of my life. I literally do about 3-6 things everyday that are extremely important I get done.
    "Some men just want to watch the world burn"

Quote Originally Posted by OceanEyes28 View Post

Keys, phone, wallet (and ID) are the things I check for. Optional items would be my camera, my knife, chapstick, gum... depends on the size of the bag. But really, all I need are keys and wallet and the phone is for safety.
    Uhh... you know, I've never really thought about taking a knife with me...

I also can't leave my house without money, at least 60 dollars, in case I wanna buy something, ya know? Sometimes, ya see somethin' cool and ya just GOTTA buy it!^^ Money is just in case...^^

Born Again Atheist What can't you leave your house without? Sarah's Avatar
    I never leave my house without a towel.

In all seriousness:
    *Baby Wipes
    *Card case (holds ID and cards. Haven't used a wallet since mine was stolen 8 years ago.)
    *Keys
    *Phone
    *Safe Food
    *Safe Drink
    *Random safety supplies
    (It used to be my knife was part of this list until I started working at a bank. I should pick that habit back up.)

I often forget my keys or phone and am therefore screwed. Phone more often than keys. I wouldn't have the damn thing if I didn't need it. Stupid ringing thing. WHY ARE YOU RINGING? Who dares call me? I'm not answering. Leave me alone.
    Why the hell is everyone's sig so long? Be polite and use a freakin' spoiler tag!:
    Bring back Pete for S-Mod!
    Down with Word Games! Eradicate post counts! One liners are valid responses, too!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Egon Spengler View Post
    I don't have to take anything with me when I leave my home.
    He answers every question in the most literal way possible. It's hilarious. Every time. Never gonna get old!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayt Leingod
    Y'never know when the situation might arise that you have to knife somebody. Or cut some chords or rope or something. They're pretty handy. And sharp. I have a knife that a friend gave me for being in his wedding, but I never use it...

Just to keep myself semi on topic: another thing I would never leave my house without would be my glasses. I couldn't see without them! I'd be blind! Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Registered User What can't you leave your house without? Yesha's Avatar
    When I'm going out on weekends.. I just can't Leave my shouLder bag.. w/

*CeLLphone
    *Lip gLoss
    *SmaLL mirror
    *WaLLet
    *Pen and smaLL Notebook
    and.. rosary.. :-)

I just feeL uncomfortabLe when one of these things are not w/ me when going out.. :-)
    CLICK IT! TO SEE MY STUFFS:

Quote for the month:
    “Try harder to succeed.”

What am I Loving right now?:
    YOU!

My Art Thread: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...ngs-lol-3.html

"HELLO GUYS!"

Gingersnap What can't you leave your house without? OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayt Leingod View Post
    It's a "just in case" thing. I used to carry around pepper spray, but I got out of the habit of putting it in my bag. I should start that up again. I think I actually avoided getting my purse snatched once evening as I was walking down a sidewalk, and part of the reason was the knife. As I was walking, I was carrying a black clutch at my side - easy target. I sensed someone behind me, and sure enough, there was a guy walking a little too close. I got a bad feeling about him, so I pulled my bag to my chest and reached into my pocket (where the knife was) in one clear motion. Immediately, the guy turned down an alley.

It's also useful for opening packages or cutting loose threads. So yeah. I love my knife. It's a little 1" Cold Steel blade. It'd make for an effective punch to the neck, that's for sure.
    Last edited by OceanEyes28; 03-17-2009 at 09:10 AM.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Govinda
    Alisyn, wouldn't you get lifted if something happened and the police got involved? In Scotland at least, if the police manage to find you carrying a knife, it's curtains. Well, a huge fine and possibly a prison sentence if you have a history. Can you just carry knives about in America?

Wait, actually, you can carry guns about, can't you? Oh.

Quote Originally Posted by Govinda View Post
    Alisyn, wouldn't you get lifted if something happened and the police got involved? In Scotland at least, if the police manage to find you carrying a knife, it's curtains. Well, a huge fine and possibly a prison sentence if you have a history. Can you just carry knives about in America?

Wait, actually, you can carry guns about, can't you? Oh.
    Meh being from Ireland i find that hard to believe that a 1 inch blade will get you into much trouble in scotland. As far as im aware your allowed to carry a knife in most europeans countries as long as its less than 1.5", the police might give you shit but they cant do anything at the end of the day, now attacking people with the knife is a different story

I myself have a strict routine like Sean does,

Creative zen in left pocket

Mobile phone and loose change in right pocket

wallet in back right pocket

exact change for bus in back left pocket

smokes and lighter in left jacket pockets

keys in lil johnny pocket

so that leaves right jacket pocket empty

Dr. Prof. Failstrom What can't you leave your house without? Dr_Flea's Avatar
    MY pockets contain at all times:

Wallet
    Mobile
    2x keys
    Various rubbish ie. Biscut wrappers

thats a must have list.

If im off to work i have a duffle Bag which contains:

About 30 Cd's
    My uniform
    Deoderant
    Rubbish

~Dr_Flea~