View Poll Results: which is the best final fantasy game?

Voters
709. You may not vote on this poll

12 1.69%

3 0.42%

11 1.55%

34 4.80%

11 1.55%

69 9.73%

205 28.91%

101 14.25%

91 12.83%
  • 10/10-2

119 16.78%

6 0.85%

33 4.65%
  • Tactics/Tactics Advanced

14 1.97%
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Best final fantasy game

Sargeant Tastycakes Best final fantasy game dustinpro's Avatar

Re: Best final fantasy game

VII: It was my introduction into the series and has inspired a large protion of my writing/drawing.
    ...guess who's winning the poll...

Star of the FF Show Best final fantasy game Rising Star's Avatar

ohh this is difficult

I'm gonna say FF6 I am playin through it now and it's awesome
    On the subject of FF7 it was good but overrated in my opinion my second choice would be FF8
    Last edited by Rising Star; 11-19-2011 at 04:00 PM. Reason: grammar

Queen Best final fantasy game Crescent's Avatar

Enough with the "FFVII sucks" thing. If it sucked, it would have never had 3 Prequels (Before Crisis, Crisis Core, Last Order), 4 Sequels (Dirge of Cerberus, Advent Children & Advent Children Complete, On The Way To A Smile/EP.Denzel). Channel your jealousy elsewhere

Ppl who say 'FFVII is overrated' are just chucking little bitchfits cause they dont understand why the rest of us have more brain cells than them. Look who's winning the poll

Oh n one more thing. The ONLY Final Fantasy character EVER to be glorified into a life size statue just happens to be from FFVII. And my favourite video game character of all time. SEPHIROTH. SUCK ON THAT!!!!

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Best final fantasy game Xanatos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by omgawd View Post
    Enough with the "FFVII sucks" thing. If it sucked, it would have never had 3 Prequels (Before Crisis, Crisis Core, Last Order), 4 Sequels (Dirge of Cerberus, Advent Children & Advent Children Complete, On The Way To A Smile/EP.Denzel). Channel your jealousy elsewhere

Ppl who say 'FFVII is overrated' are just chucking little bitchfits cause they dont understand why the rest of us have more brain cells than them. Look who's winning the poll

Oh n one more thing. The ONLY Final Fantasy character EVER to be glorified into a life size statue just happens to be from FFVII. And my favourite video game character of all time. SEPHIROTH. SUCK ON THAT!!!!
    Let me get this straight, those who think of Final Fantasy VII as a bad an overrated game , they have less brain cells than those who actually like Final Fantasy VII, and here I thought it was all matter of opinion. This is why I hate Final Fantasy VII fanboys, rash and quite often stupid such as yourself.

I wrote few sentences just recently as to why Final Fantasy VII is a bad and overrated game, now, do tell me, might there be something wrong in my post, and how can a game with such flaws be considered a masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    I wrote multiple times why I'm not really fond of Final Fantasy VII, another post or two and someone might think I hate this game, but to sum it up, Final Fantasy VII is prime example of an overrated game. It's rushed, full of bugs and glitches, with bad translation and impressive battle system on first glance, but as you dig deeper you find out how flawed and easily exploited it is.

Final Fantasy VII features an angsty, confused teen as a main protagonist, horrible leader who wasn't himself, both mentally, and what he claimed to be for major part of the game. His counterpart, a rather passive, and boring villain may as well take a clown outfit due to huge list of similarities he shares with Kefka, difference being, Kefka actually accomplished his goal while Sephiroth did nothing major through several medias. Even his biggest achievement came eight years after original game as mere wish to feature him once more thus pleasing huge amount of fans who think he's a great villain because he apparently looks cool, and has a big ass sword. As for other characters, Barret, a walking stereotype, Yuffie, and Caith Sith are among worst characters in Final Fantasy franchise, others are actually good.

Regarding the story, it's full of plot holes, it leaves you with more questions than answers, other medias set in Final Fantasy VII universe made things only worse. It's not even funny how many fans can't get their facts straight, though you must admire determination to answer, and explain quite a few parts of Final Fantasy VII. Some of those fans should release their explanation, better assumptions, and speculations as a book just to patch things up.

As for being revolutionary, perhaps in Final Fantasy sense as it was the fist 3D game in franchise, Final Fantasy II with it's leveling system, and Final Fantasy IV with ATB contributed far more on that part, as those elements are used even today. One thing that keeps cracking me up are people who claim Final Fantasy VII had gorgeous graphics for it's time, there were way better looking games even before Final Fantasy VII was released.

Final Fantasy VII achieved massive popularity due to huge commercial campaign in USA, and Europe, a campaign neither one of it's predecessors had, plus massive amount of players new to RPG genre. Gamers in Japan, country in which games such as Final Fantasy VI, and Chrono Trigger were popular as it is were wondering have we ever played a solid RPG game before. As for the fans themselves, a vicious bunch, to this very day you can't mention an RPG, Final Fantasy for that matter not to be compared to Final Fantasy VII. And if you "insult" apparently the greatest RPG ever by pointing one out of dozen flaws this game has you either don't know shit about games or you're just a plain hater. Though I must admit, there are quite few normal fans of Final Fantasy VII here on TFF, people who know their shit.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Let me get this straight, those who think of Final Fantasy VII as a bad an overrated game , they have less brain cells than those who actually like Final Fantasy VII, and here I thought it was all matter of opinion. This is why I hate Final Fantasy VII fanboys, rash and quite often stupid such as yourself.

I wrote few sentences just recently as to why Final Fantasy VII is a bad and overrated game, now, do tell me, might there be something wrong in my post, and how can a game with such flaws be considered a masterpiece.

I wrote multiple times why I'm not really fond of Final Fantasy VII, another post or two and someone might think I hate this game, but to sum it up, Final Fantasy VII is prime example of an overrated game. It's rushed, full of bugs and glitches, with bad translation and impressive battle system on first glance, but as you dig deeper you find out how flawed and easily exploited it is.

Final Fantasy VII features an angsty, confused teen as a main protagonist, horrible leader who wasn't himself, both mentally, and what he claimed to be for major part of the game. His counterpart, a rather passive, and boring villain may as well take a clown outfit due to huge list of similarities he shares with Kefka, difference being, Kefka actually accomplished his goal while Sephiroth did nothing major through several medias. Even his biggest achievement came eight years after original game as mere wish to feature him once more thus pleasing huge amount of fans who think he's a great villain because he apparently looks cool, and has a big ass sword. As for other characters, Barret, a walking stereotype, Yuffie, and Caith Sith are among worst characters in Final Fantasy franchise, others are actually good.

Regarding the story, it's full of plot holes, it leaves you with more questions than answers, other medias set in Final Fantasy VII universe made things only worse. It's not even funny how many fans can't get their facts straight, though you must admire determination to answer, and explain quite a few parts of Final Fantasy VII. Some of those fans should release their explanation, better assumptions, and speculations as a book just to patch things up.

As for being revolutionary, perhaps in Final Fantasy sense as it was the fist 3D game in franchise, Final Fantasy II with it's leveling system, and Final Fantasy IV with ATB contributed far more on that part, as those elements are used even today. One thing that keeps cracking me up are people who claim Final Fantasy VII had gorgeous graphics for it's time, there were way better looking games even before Final Fantasy VII was released.

Final Fantasy VII achieved massive popularity due to huge commercial campaign in USA, and Europe, a campaign neither one of it's predecessors had, plus massive amount of players new to RPG genre. Gamers in Japan, country in which games such as Final Fantasy VI, and Chrono Trigger were popular as it is were wondering have we ever played a solid RPG game before. As for the fans themselves, a vicious bunch, to this very day you can't mention an RPG, Final Fantasy for that matter not to be compared to Final Fantasy VII. And if you "insult" apparently the greatest RPG ever by pointing one out of dozen flaws this game has you either don't know shit about games or you're just a plain hater. Though I must admit, there are quite few normal fans of Final Fantasy VII here on TFF, people who know their shit.

Cool story bro

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Best final fantasy game Xanatos's Avatar

Cool story bro
    It is actually, even more so since only few Final Fantasy VII fans can come up with proper response, or defense, whichever you prefer, and you don't seem to be one of them.

It is actually, even more so since only few Final Fantasy VII fans can come up with proper response, or defense, whichever you prefer, and you don't seem to be one of them.
    I could sit here and write up a long winded response like you often (sadly) do with other members transmitting your "pearls of wisdom" all over this forum but that would mean I give a shit about what you think

I could sit here and write up a long winded response like you often (sadly) do with other members transmitting your "pearls of wisdom" all over this forum but that would mean I give a shit about what you think
    You're not obligated to answer any of my questions, but since you tend to talk about brain cells and who has more, your posts should have more thought to them or at least be more mature, in other words not your typical 12 year old Final Fantasy VII fanboy answers, like the one to "Rising Star" or "OMG, you're so stupid, Final Fantasy VII is tha best game evaaaaaa, I would like to suck Sephiroth's ****"... you get the gist of it.

You're not obligated to answer any of my questions, but since you tend to talk about brain cells and who has more, your posts should have more thought to them or at least be more mature, in other words not your typical 12 year old Final Fantasy VII fanboy answers, like the one to "Rising Star" or "OMG, you're so stupid, Final Fantasy VII is tha best game evaaaaaa, I would like to suck Sephiroth's ****"... you get the gist of it.
    That wont stop. The difference is you spout alOt of self-righteous info to other members whenever their comments conflict with yours under the guise of being an expert on eveything Final Fantasy related. Get over yourself. Every member on here should feel free to write whatever they feel and not deal with the "Xanatos (Plonker)" What is and what isnt Intelligent Police. Hmm about Sephiroth.. You saying you'd prefer Kefka?!??

That wont stop. The difference is you spout alOt of self-righteous info to other members whenever their comments conflict with yours under the guise of being an expert on eveything Final Fantasy related. Get over yourself. Every member on here should feel free to write whatever they feel and not deal with the "Xanatos (Plonker)" What is and what isnt Intelligent Police. Hmm about Sephiroth.. You saying you'd prefer Kefka?!??

I'm far from expert on Final Fantasy, then again when one enters in conflict with person such as yourself you don't really have to be. And yes, when it comes to certain things I do respond more often than I should, though unlike you my answers are usualy polite and far from 12 year old ragin fanboy who can't come up with proper response, thus reaching for insults. As for Kefka and Sephiroth, out of two of us guess who doesn't glorify either one of them.

I'm far from expert on Final Fantasy, then again when one enters in conflict with person such as yourself you don't really have to be. And yes, when it comes to certain things I do respond more often than I should, though unlike you my answers are usualy polite and far from 12 year old ragin fanboy who can't come up with proper response, thus reaching for insults. As for Kefka and Sephiroth, out of two of us guess who doesn't glorify either one of them.
    I wrote multiple times why I'm not really fond of Final Fantasy VII, another post or two and someone might think I hate this game, but to sum it up, **Final Fantasy VII is prime example of an overrated game. It's rushed, full of bugs and glitches, with bad translation and impressive battle system on first glance, but as you dig deeper you find out how flawed and easily exploited it is.**
    Just because you dont swear and Your reponses might be 'mature' and 'well thought out' and you validate Your opinion over others and pass em off as facts** Your answers are polite??!?... PULEASE Your worse. Your condescending as hell

Just because you dont swear and Your reponses might be 'mature' and 'well thought out' and you validate Your opinion over others and pass em off as facts** Your answers are polite??!?... PULEASE
    In this case, yes, everything I wrote about Final Fantasy VII is indeed a fact, well, almost everything, you don't really have to take my word on it, check official guides, FF Wikki, you may even ask Final Fantasy VII fans who are not biased and know their shit and you'll end up with same answer. If you find anything wrong with what I wrote please do correct me, in meantime behave.

Your worse. Your condescending as hell
    My what?

Registered User Best final fantasy game tetsu346's Avatar

i voted 8 because it had a really great story and battle sysytem plus the junctioning with GFs were really cool

Don

I'll say FFX becuz that was the first game I played of FF

ಌ Turks ಌ Best final fantasy game Cissnei's Avatar

FFT is the best imo mainly because of the amazing story and fleshed out characters. It's such a shame that so few people actually got to experience this masterpiece. It really is on another level from the numbered titles. :c

Best final fantasy game Secret Weapon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Im going to need EVERYONE that has something irrational (other than personal opinion) to quit knocking FF VII. I have a personal connection to it so it doesnt matter how many of you think "Final Fantasy 7 sucks" or "It's an overrated game", my love for it will not change.

Saying that fan boys & girls of it I'd appreciate if you back up your opinion or intrests of the the series because your making true die hard fans of it (myself and many others here) seem very derp and projected to have had laser brain surgery. It taints FF7's very existence and I'm sick of petty arguements about it. It is a masterpiece, present and back it up as so.

(Deep exhale.....) Now, to contribute to the thread. FF7 is still what I favor in the series. This game got me through despair filled times and is what rpg creators should look for as a basis (not for its story but its impact)

One thing I love the most about FF7 is that the story is a lot stronger than most of you that knock on it take it for. The game itself is a subliminial message to us. We're destorying our own home (Earth), it only takes a chosen few with initiative and hope to save it.
    You Are Ichigo Kurosaki....

{My Loving TFF Family}
    My Mastermind Trivia Dad: Phantom
    My FFVII Obsessed sister : Unknown Entity
    My Caring Big Sis : Crazy Chocbo
    My Most Welcoming cousin : Priscilla
    My Anime-Addicted mother: Athna Loveil
    My High Flyin and Profiling Pilot brother: Final Fantasy Cid
    My FFVII, Tifa Befriended aunt: Winterborn86
    My Kool Aid addicted cousin: Mr. Spike
    My Yaoi Raving mom: Bleachfangirl
    My Cristina Scabbing Worshipping bro: Fishie
    My Ready to Knock Your Lights Out bro: Silver

Thanks Halie for the sig pic!

RPG's currently playing: Final Fantasy VII, Pokémon Crystal, Devil May Cry Collections (1,2 and 3)

ProdigySlayer

Wow... There is many choices too choose from FF7 is indeed my favorite FF but I can't forget how great FF4 or 10 or Even 6 is. I just have to go with FF7.

Certified tech, come at me! Best final fantasy game SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My favorite is Mystic Quest! why isn't that on the list? I love its engaging storyline with a hero trying to escape a crumbling mountain and then randomly encounters a monster which quickly makes him the hero of legend for some unexplained reason and then goes on a quest to save the world from darkness.

Psh... yeah right
    Currently Playing:

Shaun

IX was the first game i bought on my own/played and it will always make me nostalgia hard. Many of factors including character development, music and overall game play make this my favorite. Although he end is really weird. the tree you fight at the end was a bit random.

Chief Inspiring Officer Best final fantasy game Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I shall always be an FF8 fan because of the insane custom-ability. Like junctioning spells to character attributes. 99 ultimas to att, poison to status att...etc.
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html

squall69 Best final fantasy game squall69's Avatar

i voted for 8 i love everything about that game

I voted for VI because it was the first RPG I played and i love the artwork.

Registered User Best final fantasy game Rave Robber's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Best final fantasy game

Sorry to day but FFXII was pretty fun, but FFVII is always the best to most people. It is nice to see so many others dont think that FFVII is top on their list of favs. I am not alone in this world!

Registered User Best final fantasy game + Revenant +'s Avatar
    Six feet under...and dragging you down with me

IX! I had more fun with it and cared more about the story than in any other FF. It has a special meaning for me. What could be better than marrying each other in Conde Petie, wandering the surreal paths of Memoria, outsmarting the computer in that crazy card game or fighting the god of death/Iifa Tree/whatever with Zidane, Vivi, Eiko and Freya? Four chibis stopping the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by azrafel View Post
    I don't know... In my opinion, VI was the best. It just seemed to have the best story, and the most evil villain.

Kefka is just.....deliciously evil
    I have to agree with you there, VI was by far my favourite game of all time ad think Kefka was deffo the most evil villain

Il y a un furet dans mes cheveux :O Best final fantasy game Catalana's Avatar

FF7 of course ! First game I ever played and play again and again now ... Characters, script, the gameplay are so amazing *drool* <3

Ohh, there is a ferret in my bedroom again...

Registered User Best final fantasy game Gemini_Gunzman's Avatar

After thinking about such a difficult question, I have to go with ff ix because it was the first ff game I finished and really enjoyed the plot and characters. I really liked all the characters personalities and truly enjoyed the imagination behind the fairy tale - esque themes that were used compared to ff vii and ff viii.

Has to be FFVIII for me!

It was the first FF game I played and other FF games haven't managed to surpass it, FFIX and FFX have both come close second favourites.

The story and character profiles are what shadowed its minute flaws, like the fact it was the only FF game not to have MP but more of the case of the draw system.

Still my favourite game to this very day!

Mercenary (ex-member of SOLDIER) Best final fantasy game Cloud Omnislash's Avatar
    I choose 7 cause it's not because it was the first FF I play, it's about on it's amazing history that it have change everything from that year to go on (1997), and before, it's music, characters, graphics even if not really awesome in these days, and a lot of more, stuff that only people who have it would know.

>>> Zack "¿Nibelheim...?", Cloud "¿...Gongaga?" <<<

Aeris
    Personally, I enjoyed FFVII the most out of most of them but FFX was and still is my favourite.
    I would have voted for it but my disappointment in FFX-2 made me stray away over to vote for FFVII instead.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast