Thread: Stargate Universe

Asking all the personal questions. Stargate Universe RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries

Stargate Universe

One question, does anyone know when it is coming to Australia I am so hanging out for it and before anyone says anything I don't care if its nothing like SG1 yes it does make me sad to say that .

I am watching the series for the second time haha I absolutely love it but I missed the first season of Atlantis and seriously that scientific guy really peeves me off and the second season is just starting but someone tell me when SGU is getting here.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Synthesized Ascension Stargate Universe Zardoch's Avatar
    Don't hold your breath, dude. SGU was interesting for the first few episodes, but quickly went downhill as it turned into one giant soap opera. It also has the 'Bleach/Naruto syndrome' I've mentioned before where they try to focus on too many character's stories at once, making it hard to keep interest on the MAIN characters. Just too much unnecessary drama that ultimately makes you stop caring about the characters, which is the opposite effect they're looking for.

So yeah, don't bother getting into it. If it picks itself up, I'll tell you. Otherwise, it's shit.

The Quiet One Stargate Universe Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sci-fi did lose their last space soap opera, Battlestar Galactica. So they need a new one to replace it. They canceled Atlantis over Universe. An untested show for one people were already on board for. >.> Oh well, guess they want to merge the people that left Battlestar into the Stargate people with Stargate Galactica. ^^; Oh well, I watched the first 3 episodes and they were interesting, but not enough to make me keep going back to Hulu to watch it. I don't know if Hulu is regioned locked like things can be on Youtube, but you should be able to find SGU on Hulu.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

This is my sin... Stargate Universe Lucid's Avatar
    I feel like I'm wasting my time watching Stargate Universe.
    It doesn't have any of the dynamic and likeable type of characters that were found so easily in Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis.

Stargate Universe has let me down so far.
    I wish they had at least included an old Stargate character onboard the ship. :/

Asking all the personal questions. Stargate Universe RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries
    Despite what you said Griff I am a die hard fan of SG so I will probably still sit through it and watch anyway and to answer my own question it starts 14th December in Australia.

Don't get me wrong I understand what you are saying with SG-1 and Atlantis you stick with the main characters and you grow with them and as you go on you understand them and the characters start to get a bit deeper.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Registered User Stargate Universe Diamond Dust's Avatar

Re: Stargate Universe

Always been a die-hard fan of SG-1 but never really got into SG:A. The sets and props looked tacky, the cast were unbelievable at points, the extras were monotonous and characterless at many points and the overall feel to the show was spoiled in many other ways.

On the topic of the discussion though, SG:U is the business. Everyone to their own opinion and all, but for people to say that there is too much drama to make you care about the characters (Gravis), what? I've never read so much twoddle in my life. Drama creates more empathy, emotion and understanding for the viewer, unless of course you don't like a character but I still want to know their intentions. SG:1 relied heavily on personal plot development but yet a lot of that went beyond people because they were too busy watching the explosions.

For once, and again in my opinion, the balance is right with this particular SG show.

As for it airing in Australia - I can't help you there, but I have a back catalogue of every episode to date that you're welcome to copy from me Rameses.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time watching Stargate Universe.
    It doesn't have any of the dynamic and likeable type of characters that were found so easily in Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis.

Stargate Universe has let me down so far.
    I wish they had at least included an old Stargate character onboard the ship. :/
    This, The characters arn't really likable in my opinion at least not the main characters. Without spoiling much I really only like Brodie, Volker and Rieley. The only "main characters" I like at times are Young and to a lesser extent Rush. Young makes pretty much all the right decisions, except in his personal life. Rush is only good because he makes interesting things happen.

Sadly Stargate Universe has been canceled , they will finish off the second season but that's it. This probably means the death of the franchise. I kinda wish it went on and on like it was this generations Star Trek. Even the Stargate Atlantis movie has been put on indefinite Hiatus. If it meant keeping the seris alive I wouldn't mind the whole soap opera crap that Universe has.

For the record I hate Cloe the most. She dates this jackass jerk because he boohoo'd with her when her dad died. Other then that their relationship is a hollow dependance where they follow each other like retards who can't think for themselves. Then she cries when she realized she was some useless daddies girl with retard friends back on earth yet shes useless on the ship still
    Spoiler:
    her alien mutation made her useful but that was hardly under her control

She also strings along Eli with the whole "just friends" bullshit noone needs in their life.

As for when it's coming to Australia, I have no idea. As far as media goes it must suck to live in Australia. BTW Rodney is the best and Stargate Atlantis was discontinued due to money issues (pure greed over expensive salaries, even they admit it).

R.I.P. Stargate
    Playstaion ID: Setzer_All-in

- "Phoenix Downs are your friends. But remember Cloud they don't always work. I'm looking at yooou Aeris"

-"Immortal maybe... but not invincible!" -Prince (of Persia)

stuti

No,i really don't know from where it is coming.