Thread: A Nightmare On Elm Street(remake)

A Nightmare On Elm Street(remake)

I am sure that there are some fellow Horror Movie buffs on the TFF. However, I wander how many of them can agree that the remake of A Nightmare On Elm Street "from a non-critic" standpoint was actually pretty good. Yeah, I said it, there is actually a decent horror movie remake out there lol.

All kidding aside, lets write a review. A Nightmare On Elm Street, while a leech on cheap thrills and gore, was not as bad as I was expecting. The film had a few redeeming values that defiantly helped it's case. First of all, Jackie Earle Haley(Watchmen's Rorschach) played Freddy. The next redeeming value was the kills. You can't have a slasher without awesome deaths(a description would not do them justice). Finally, the film didn't completely copy the original. However, there was a little too much talk about the dreams.

All in all I would rate this movie at a 7.5/10. Of course, a remake of the movie wasn't completely necessary but much enjoyed for the price of a ticket(which is freakin overkill by the way).

Death Before Dishonor A Nightmare On Elm Street(remake) Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: A Nightmare On Elm Street(remake)

I thought it was alright. It most certainly is not a film that I intend to go and watch again.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み A Nightmare On Elm Street(remake) ZantetsukeN's Avatar

I think it's going to be one of those films that I wait for to come out on DVD. I wasn't that impressed with the trailer. I love the original, so I know I'm going to be disappointed, just like with Friday the 13th and Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

That's not to say it won't be a good film, it's just from a long time fan's point of view. I suppose if I looked at it from a casual film-goer point of view, it looks like the only decent horror film that has come out for about 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by ZantetsukeN View Post
    I think it's going to be one of those films that I wait for to come out on DVD. I wasn't that impressed with the trailer. I love the original, so I know I'm going to be disappointed, just like with Friday the 13th and Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

That's not to say it won't be a good film, it's just from a long time fan's point of view. I suppose if I looked at it from a casual film-goer point of view, it looks like the only decent horror film that has come out for about 4 years.
    Yeah, I completely understand what you are saying. In no way can this film swamp the original. However, I am a horror movie critic on a couple of different sites and I didn't have the guts to give this the expected crap review so I entered it in here.

the remake wasnt as good as the original but i like how it had differences because it gave a refreshing take on it.
    but to me it wasnt bad but did surpass