Thread: Glee: A craze or something else?

I'm DYING to see you! Glee: A craze or something else? ViviMasterMage's Avatar

Glee: A craze or something else?

So, I've been in school and all I hear about from all the girls and some of the guys is Glee. I don't understand it. Suddenly, glee clubs are appearing inevery school and the thing is spreading like a plague.

Now, I want to see what members of the forum think of it. Have you heard about it? Is it an isolated incident that's only happening in Britain or is it wide-spread? And what do you think of the show if you've watched it or heard of it?

I just think it's another High School Music rip-off, but obviously T.V. networks know what they are doing because hundreds of people are watching it and I've something about a season finale or something. Thank God that it's at least done with. I have a major complaint about Glee though! It got me so annoyed that they decided to sing this song by Journey: YouTube - Don't Stop Believing Journey lyrics and change it into this abomination: YouTube - "Don't Stop Believing" - Glee - cover

Once they touch a song you love, it gets personal! xD

Another problem is that school put on productions and now they're choosing to do this and we 'have' to sit and watch it all... But this is just me.

What do you think?

My things:

My TFF Family!:
    My very hyper moogle loving cousin Meigumi!
    My grammar obsessive twin AWESOME brother Fate!
    My powerful, dangerous, short tempered younger brother Alther!
    My badassly cool chaos-loving lord who adores big swords and uber spells, Elyon Demidias
    My awesomely cool big brother xXCloudXx
    "The Bestest Buddy" xTidus (Aka Casey)
    My Okami-playing, Sephiroth-fangirl American cousin Dodie16
    My brother and stealthy swordsman of poetic power genome's blade
    My brother from another mother Gilgameshed_Up

My Fatey!:

Quote Originally Posted by Meigumi
    ....... I was reaaally hoping you'd say something else, but whatever! HEY, EVERYONE! WE'RE HAVING A CONVERSATION! 8D
    Fate's beautiful haiku:
    Lost in reverie
    Memories drifting through me
    So calm like the sea

Imperius Rex Glee: A craze or something else? Storm's Avatar

Re: Glee: A craze or something else?

I don't get it either. The advert itself put me off. One of my friends was going on about it, about it being like a High School Musical parody, so I thought I'd give the first episode a go. I got halfway through it. Switched it off. Never looked at it again.

In no way did I find it entertaining or funny, and the music was dreadful.

I, too am pissed off about that Journey cover. I'm not a huge fan of the original, but it is a classic, and is best not touched. The Glee version is terrifying. Unfortunatly now, all these kids think its a Glee song.

If you think you have it bad, my radio cohost ended our radio show with a Glee song for a couple of months! Dreaful!
    PSN username: Raikujaku
    A meow-ed member of PRK9

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Glee: A craze or something else? ZantetsukeN's Avatar

I watched it once, and it was the biggest pile of you-know-what I have ever seen. Was it actually trying to be funny or what? And what they did to Don't Stop Believin was a crime to music.

I don't normally go on about stuff the way I have with this programme, but I really feel that it is the worst thing I have ever seen. I think they're just trying to cash in on the success of High School Musical by making High School Musical again with a different name.

Registered User Glee: A craze or something else? winterborn86's Avatar

OMG!!! Don't get me started on what Glee did to that song.
    I refuse to have it on in this home, I can't bare it, so annoying as half of my friends watch it and all I see on FB is Glee, Glee, Glee, yay Glee on tonight, omg how awesome was this episode Glee. I will be glad when it ends but I bet there will be another reason soon enough.
    Oh and what is going on this Gleek thing?? People keep calling themselves Gleeks, and I'm thinking WTF!!

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

Registered User Glee: A craze or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by winterborn86 View Post
    Oh and what is going on this Gleek thing?? People keep calling themselves Gleeks, and I'm thinking WTF!!
    Yeah, what's up with those people saying things like "I am a Gleek?"

Weirdos...

SPOILER!!:
    j/k Rameses!!!!

Yeah, never watched the show. Don't plan to either. Somehow, I've managed to stay away from the High School Musical movies, so I don't plan on watching a tv show of pretty much the same thing either.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Asking all the personal questions. Glee: A craze or something else? RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries

WHAT! I am a guy and I think its awesome, the songs are great the drama is somewhat corny but I find bits humorus, in fact I watched it just tonight we had the Lady Gaga episode, I must admit I am not as into to it as a lto of people calling themselves gleeks but I enjoy it its one show that I like to sit down and watch.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Quote Originally Posted by RamesesII View Post
    WHAT! I am a guy and I think its awesome, the songs are great the drama is somewhat corny but I find bits humorus, in fact I watched it just tonight we had the Lady Gaga episode, I must admit I am not as into to it as a lto of people calling themselves gleeks but I enjoy it its one show that I like to sit down and watch.
    I wish I could condemn people to the pits of Hell. x'(

As for the rest of you, I noticed that it was mostly British people that have commented on this so far. I think it's because we're getting a pandemic over here and it's good to know it's not just me suffering from it.

I've never tried to watch an episode, nor am I going to! And once again, I love how I'm not the only one that felt like Journey had been jipped! I mean, people are singing it and don't even know the legends that made it... It makes me want to drown my sorrows.

My things:

My TFF Family!:
    My badassly cool chaos-loving lord who adores big swords and uber spells, Elyon Demidias

My Fatey!:

....... I was reaaally hoping you'd say something else, but whatever! HEY, EVERYONE! WE'RE HAVING A CONVERSATION! 8D
    Fate's beautiful haiku:
    Lost in reverie
    So calm like the sea

I thought it was a British programme haha.

My TFF Family

Then how would Dodie know about it?

Oh, and doesn't it have American actors and stuff in it. I'm sure it's over there, too.

My things:

My TFF Family!:

My Fatey!:

Fate's beautiful haiku:
    Lost in reverie
    So calm like the sea

I got no idea what so ever what actors are in it or anything else. Never had it on, Never paid attention to it, the only thing I know about it is that people sing and they killed an awesome song.

And I don't actually know where Dodie lives either, sorry Dodie

My TFF Family

I've never had it on but it's like a disease in school. Thank God that some of us are immune! I saw the advert and I noticed the woman from The 40 Year Old Virgin in the thing and I cried a little inside. ='(

She lives in America. That's all I can say! xD

My things:

My TFF Family!:

My Fatey!:

Fate's beautiful haiku:
    Lost in reverie
    So calm like the sea

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Glee: A craze or something else? ZantetsukeN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ViviMasterMage View Post
    As for the rest of you, I noticed that it was mostly British people that have commented on this so far. I think it's because we're getting a pandemic over here and it's good to know it's not just me suffering from it.
    Yeah, we really are getting bombarded with it over here it's rediculous. Everytime I turn to E4 it's frickin on! And it seems we are getting a new CD of rubbish every week. I can't take it anymore!

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Shit like that makes you turn into a scene kid, and we all know there's trouble when that happens. Clothes become public eye sores, attract bugs, and the hair goes all emo. But they're happy. I. Don't. Get. It.

*shudder*

I've never watched it, and I don't plan to. It's too... happy. I'm not a huge fan of corny musicals. Nuh-uh. It's the latest craze, just like what High School Musical and Hairspray was when those came out. When it ends, I hope it stays that way.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Glee: A craze or something else? SSJ4 Goku's Avatar
    Somewhere with no stealing...no killing...Eden

Yes, it's an American show, and yes I like it. I'll admit that it's not the biggest innovation in the television world that many people proclaim it to be, but, speaking as a fan of musicals, it's certainly a far cry from "High School Musical." The plot can get somewhat cliché at times, but, at the same time, they're trying to give it some moral substance to separate it from all of the other mindless shows our country shamelessly puts out.

Am I annoyed with their version of "Don't Stop Believing?" Somewhat, though I think there were worse travesties than that. "You Can't Always Get What You Want" and "Jump" I thought were some of the worst of the bunch, but, as many of the singers on the show come from a Broadway background, they really shine with a lot of those songs. "Don't Rain on My Parade" I thought was well-done, "I Dreamed a Dream" (from Les Mis) is one of my favourite songs ever and I think it was admirably done on the show, and their duet of "Defying Gravity" earlier on in the season, aside from fitting into a beautiful and poignant episode, was superb in my opinion.

Is the show everyone's cup of tea? No, but I think it's good for what it is and what it's trying to do...plus it's better than a lot of the other stuff we're putting out there nowadays. Furthermore, if it's getting kids around the world to start up clubs in school, get involved in their communities (with shows and performances) and do something worth while with their time, I think the show could have worse consequences than that, so yes, Glee gets my vote of confidence at least.

Ellipsis Glee: A craze or something else? Meigumi's Avatar
    Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Uhm, Glee? Never heard or seen it, and I don't think anyone at school is talking about it, since it's already infected with Justin Bieber and horror movies, like the midnight commercials for it(if there are any). I'm pretty sure it's nothing big where I live. :\

But now that I think about it, every face I know don't like weird shows and a few don't watch TV at all.
    .....And I also stole that cupcake.

TFF Family~:

Ice-cream loving brother Fate
    The great benevolent dark lord Elyon Demidias
    Lovable doll ViviMasterMage
    Soul Stealing, Chaos-loving, Pom-pom eating older brother Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    The Awesome and Dashing Thief, ethan
    The Stealthy Swordsman of Poetic Power, genome's blade

forever alone in hell Glee: A craze or something else? final fantacy_tifa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well for my opin I hate it and will never whatche it

**1 tequila,2 tequila,3 tequila,floor**

time your wasting just your do to better anything have you don't this reading you r why <-- read backwards,

DO NOT HURT MY PET LEMON lemons have feelings to you know !!

Registered User Glee: A craze or something else? Halie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I find it really funny when people compare it to High School Musical. The only similarities are that it's set in a high school, and it is a musical. However, High School Musical is a pile of crap for 5 year olds, and Glee isn't. It's for everyone. And they don't just randomly start standing on the tables at lunchtime and sing songs either, unlike that Disney shit.

Jane Lynch as Sue Sylvester is one of the funniest characters produced on TV. Even my dad enjoys Glee, and that's saying something. And the fact that it's inspiring kids to be more confident is amazing. The number of people in my school who have started joining choir this past year is off the charts, they never had the confidence to before.

Judging from the amount of people who hate Glee on this site, I can expect a bit of bad rep for this, but I'm not really bothered. Glee is a great show, and those who have been ignorant and scaled up an impression of it without actually watching it should give it a try. I particularly recommend the episodes "Wheels", "Ballad", and "Preggers".

Glee? Something that people did a long time ago brought back to our generation as a TV show musical.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Crash Boom Bang Glee: A craze or something else? Lily's Avatar

I watched one episode of this

My then bf loves it, and when I went to stay with him for a week, I had to watch it. I was about ready to kill myself. I think it's god awful, and I can't stand the voice of whoever that girl is with the dark hair

I think I just spent the whole episode cringing. It's just a big pile of shit

Blog Entries

I've heard from friends that it's actually pretty good/funny in places. A bunch of female friends really liked it, and a male friend got roped into watching it, and he's the one who told me. Particularly the Sue Sylvester character, and clips like this. "Pretty sneaky, gay." I might actually have to check it out after this development.

Furthermore, I'm glad you don't have the power to condemn people to hell, ViviMasterMage, as per it sounds like you'd make some rash decisions using that power Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

EDIT: Just watched this, lol:
    "I will go to the animal shelter and buy you a kitty cat. I will let you fall in love with that kitty cat. And then on some dark cold night, I will steal away into your home and PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE." lolwut?

This ain't no place for no hero Glee: A craze or something else? Tiffany's Avatar

I love Glee!

I also totally heart Sue. She totally makes the series for me, her lines are by far the best in the show! Bwahahaha

"I keep expecting racist animated Disney characters to pop our of your hair and start singing Living on the Bayou."