So recently I bought "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid," finally. Seen it years ago, and remembered it fondly. Has a combination of cool and charm, probably owing a lot to actors Robert Redford and Paul Newman. Then tonight for the first time, I saw "The Sting," and I feel pretty much the same way. Great movies! I don't know if they'd hold the attention span of a lot of kids today, but they were both fairly cleverly written, and they kept me intrigued, when probably any other movie had similar pacing, I'd consider it "slow."

Robert and Paul are (was, in Paul's case) great actors, but what about George Roy Hill? I'm interested in seeing more of his films, like his adaptation of "Slaughterhouse Five," and sports comedy movie that I think I've heard my brother make reference to (also, I want to see more Paul Newman movies. He's awesome; loved him in the poker scene in "The Sting.")

I realize that these are both really old movies, and the last movie George Roy Hill did was in 1988 ("Funny Farm") so he's probably far before most TFFer's times (mine too, heh.) Any old members (or members that've seen his movies) want to recommend any of his other movies to me, though? Also, if you've never seen "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid..." I think that's required viewing for everybody. (Not the recent remake, though I haven't seen that. It may be good...) Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom