Thread: Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog

Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog

So after years of this compilation of shorts being on the Internet it came to my attention that all three acts are currently available on Netflix. (Woo hoo for Netflix still running even though PSN is down and out for now)

I sat down last night an rewatched all the acts in the span of 43ish minutes and finished the series in its entiretly.

For reference to how the film came to be:

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog is a 2008 musical tragicomedy miniseries in three acts, produced exclusively for Internet distribution. Filmed and set in Los Angeles, the show tells the story of Dr. Horrible, an aspiring supervillain; Captain Hammer, his nemesis; and Penny, their shared love interest.

The movie was written by writer/director Joss Whedon, his brothers Zack Whedon (a television writer) and Jed Whedon (a composer), and actress Maurissa Tancharoen. The team wrote the musical during the 2007–2008 Writers Guild of America strike. The idea was to create something small and inexpensive, yet professionally done, in a way that would circumvent the issues that were being protested during the strike. On October 31, 2008, Time magazine named it #15 in Time's Top 50 Inventions of 2008. It also won the People's Choice Award for "Favorite Online Sensation", and the 2009 Hugo Award for Best Dramatic Presentation, Short Form. In the inaugural 2009 Streamy Awards for web television, Dr. Horrible won seven awards: Audience Choice Award for Best Web Series, Best Directing for a Comedy Web Series, Best Writing for a Comedy Web Series, Best Male Actor in a Comedy Web Series (Harris), Best Editing, Best Cinematography, and Best Original Music. It also won a 2009 Creative Arts Emmy Award for Outstanding Special Class – Short-format Live-Action Entertainment Programs.
    (thanks wiki)

I was wondering who else had seen this masterpiece of comical genius and hopefully will inspire others to check it out. Also if you have seen it; what are your thoughts on it?

I loved it the first time I watched it and even after last night still found it to be really amusing. Would I say it is the best film in the world but it is indeed damn well worth the watch.

I convinced the woman I am seeing to watch it today and she was actually surprised at how a low budget film such as DHSAB could be so entertaining.

Then again with all the catchy tunes I found myself singing over and over and over and over again today I should probably hate it but don't haha.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

The Bad Boy of TFF Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog Block's Avatar

Re: Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog

I have seen it! It is amazing! I am also not biased due to a love for Joss Whedon. In fact, this is the only thing I've seen him do that I liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisyn
    I can tell by looking at you right at this moment from the angle of through your window that you have nothing to be ashamed of
    CPC8: Makin' it happen.

My couch pulls out but I don't. Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog midgetbob's Avatar

Love Dr. Horrible... NPH and Joss Whedon together? Yes, please! Now if you'll excuse me...

Love it... I have the songs burned on disc for my car. Ha.
    mel 1:32 AM
    Hahah I'm like penis penis penis lalala <3
    [10/30/2012 10:46:16 PM] Mel (GypsyElder): I love Virgins haha

If you have yet to see this show please do not watch this video. If you have seen it, please enjoy. I do every time.

SPOILER!!:

I can tell by looking at you right at this moment from the angle of through your window that you have nothing to be ashamed of

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries

I Have Never Seen This Before, But I Might Check It Out Sometime Whenever I Get My Net Back. This Could Be Interesting. Thanks Meier For Something New To Watch...Hehe

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

I recommend it Ryu. Its pretty rad.

Block that has to be one of the best songs of the series. Love the bright new Australia line. And the end of that song is fricken amazing haha.

This would have to be one of my favorite songs from it:

Last edited by Meier Link; 05-04-2011 at 12:15 PM.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

The intro to this song is amazing. I laugh every time at that vacant stare of his.

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries

Okay, Just From The Songs, I Can Tell This Shit Is Hilarious...LMFAO Another Reason Is Cause I Know Who That Guy Is, And He Is Actually Pretty Funny. Again, Thanks For Showing Me This Meier

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

Sir Prize Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog Sinister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'll be honest, I've seen it on Netflix for EVER. And I subconsciously confused it with Nick and Norah's Endless Playlist or w/e, just plain put off watching it. Then I saw this thread and watched it the other night.

I like Joss Whedon's stuff. Buffy was awesome...etc. He's a bit pesimistic for me about life and how it differs from the idealistically optimistic(Penny).

But I like this... It's good. Matter of fact, if they were to put out a sequel I would look forward to it. Actually I have trouble getting some of the songs out of my head and I kind of wish the whole thing had been about twenty minutes longer.

Anyway, thanks for the thread. Prolly wouldn't have watched it were it not for see this on the forums.

-Sin

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

.............. Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog smurphy's Avatar

Funnily enough I just finished up watching it today. Not usually a fan of anything that includes elements of a musical but really enjoyed it. I mean, Joss Whedon, Nathan Fillion and Neil Patrick Harris all together! Whats not to like? Shame it was so short.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    Winston S.Churchill