View Poll Results: do you think vampires are real?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

3 15.00%
  • no

13 65.00%
  • maybe (no prove to convince me yet)

4 20.00%

Thread: are vampires real?

are vampires real?

i've been surfing on the internet the other day and i came across this question.
    are vampires real?

theres has been a lot of debates over centuries about the human body that can actually transform into some other form of life. they believe its a type of disease or something that affects the virus in the human body and over time the human that actually got affected started to get more and more vampire symptoms.

personally i dont believe in these "mythical" creatures whether its vampire, zombies, or anything thing that has a human form but not technically human, and never even thought about it having to do or relate in any way with the real world. so what do you think?

http://www.vampirewebsite.net/index.html
    Last edited by LIGHTNING_71013; 03-23-2010 at 04:42 PM.

Boredness rules us all are vampires real? Midnight Panda's Avatar

Re: are vampires real?

the closest thing to them are vampire bats, but they only suck cow blood
    Been gone a long while but im back now and not as annoying. promise

THANKS TO ANDROMEDA

Memento Rhapso are vampires real? Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeXtadi View Post
    the closest thing to them are vampire bats, but they only suck cow blood
    Sorry but they have a point lol
    As for me, I dono. There may be a possibility, providing we go with the virus theory. The virus requires a certain blood type you don't have, extreme sensitivity to U.V. rays, and sdverse reactions to garlic lol
    It'd kinda fit in with the other diseases mankind suffers from.

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

.............. are vampires real? smurphy's Avatar

Why would anyone believe that vampires are real. They are just another mythological creature to appear from the 18th/19th century era, just like the Golum or any of its kind, except the church twisted the stories to scare people and bring them closer to the church. I mean, isnt it convenient that these "creatures" are affected by the crucifix. I suppose the notion of vampirism is just as viable as the notion of any religion which exploits the myths.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    Winston S.Churchill

for now, all i believe in is the infection with the human virus but other than that i dont think theres vampires in this world...unless some scientist can prove it. but who knows after a century or so?

Memento Rhapso are vampires real? Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh right, I forgot that point. Well, I voted maybe. There's a lot we don't know and do know, if a Vampir virus (vampirus ) Does exist then we are unaware of it, but we do know that people will make a comparison to something, it be skewed out of proportion, then religion uses it to aid it.

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

Registered User are vampires real? Megatron0000's Avatar

I really don't believe vampires exist only loony tunes who think they are vampires.

No, but apparently people believe in leprechauns these days.

EDIT: O.o this is an ID topic !? I didn't even realize.

erm......... -_-;
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 03-23-2010 at 08:53 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The fictional types of vampire? No.

However, there are subculture vampires - people who enjoy the taste of blood. Vlad The Impaler is said to be one of the first "vampires", because of his obsession with bloodthirsty battles. Very sick dude.

The vampire subculture includes "sanguinarian vampirism", which does involve blood consumption. Some people drink others blood as a way of connecting, and becoming closer with someone they love, and is only shared with people they trust. I guess you could think of it like sex in the emotional sense. Others drink it for the taste.

At least they're not cannibals.
    Last edited by Unknown Entity; 03-23-2010 at 06:33 PM.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Gingersnap are vampires real? OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You guys, this topic is in Intellectual Discussion, not General Chat. The rules are different in here, and your posts need to have more thought put into them than what you would put into a GC post (so... more than one sentence). Please keep that in mind while you respond to this topic
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Thank you for adressing that Ocean. I have already issued one warning in this thread tonight and now I have issued numbers 2 and 3. If anyone is unfamiliar with the rules of the ID or have a question as to why they received a warning please refer back to this thread:
    The Final Fantasy Forums - Announcements in Forum : Intellectual Discussion

Also I am not sure how it ended up in GC seeing that the thread is dediceated to the ID forum BUT here another useful link to more additional rules to the ID forum:

http://thefinalfantasy.net/forums/ge...les-forum.html

I will be trying to get this thread restickied back into ID but keep in mind that it is still in affect.

Also I kept this thread in ID for a reason, there is actual debatable descussion to be had here. So in short I will not be moving this thread to ID.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Entity View Post
    The fictional types of vampire? No.

However, there are subculture vampires - people who enjoy the taste of blood. Vlad The Impaler is said to be one of the first "vampires", because of his obsession with bloodthirsty battles. Very sick dude.

The vampire subculture includes "sanguinarian vampirism", which does involve blood consumption. Some people drink others blood as a way of connecting, and becoming closer with someone they love, and is only shared with people they trust. I guess you could think of it like sex in the emotional sense. Others drink it for the taste.

At least they're not cannibals.
    yah...maybe there arent actual vampires out there but its possible that humans can have certain symptoms that are really similar to characteristics of vampires. like bloodsucking, pale looking... so even if anyone has any of these symptoms its still kind of freaky let alone real vampires.lol

My couch pulls out but I don't. are vampires real? midgetbob's Avatar

Most Myths and Folk Legends are said to be based on some truths.

As for vampires only being affected by crucifixes, this wouldn't be the first time the church has taken a legend or myth and molded it to benefit themselves... Christmas? Pagan holiday. Easter? Pagan holiday. etc etc etc.

As for vampires? hrmm... who knows? that leads around all kinds of questions of other myths though. Ghosts? Magic? lycanthropes? Loch Ness? the list goes on and on... you could even add in a much more "up to date" myth of UFOs (though they've been dated as far back as the ancient era of mankind's history).

I'd have to venture to say if you believe in any of the other myths, it's not far off for you to almost have to accept it's possible for the others. Therefor, I'm game for vampires being real.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LIGHTNING_71013 View Post
    yah...maybe there arent actual vampires out there but its possible that humans can have certain symptoms that are really similar to characteristics of vampires. like bloodsucking, pale looking... so even if anyone has any of these symptoms its still kind of freaky let alone real vampires.lol
    "Symptoms"? I... don't think that there is such thing as a vampire virus or disease going by previous posts. Vampirism is a lifestyle/culture. It's possible to have pale skin by not exposing oneself to the sun. You don't have to be a vampire to have pale skin.

I think "characteristics" was the right word there. There are people who take it seriously, and purposefully make themselves to look and behave like fictional vampires; not going out in sunlight, wearing fake fangs, drinking the blood of humans, etc. However, not all of them do - some people just enjoy the taste of blood.

When I say "drink", I don't mean guzzle from a glass like water. It's more like sucking from a cut in the flesh. The human stomach and digestive system doesn't like blood, and can irritate the lining. So... "guzzling" blood would make someone sick.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Che

Quote Originally Posted by OceanEyes28 View Post
    You guys, this topic is in Intellectual Discussion, not General Chat. The rules are different in here, and your posts need to have more thought put into them than what you would put into a GC post (so... more than one sentence). Please keep that in mind while you respond to this topic
    Are vampires real: an intellectual discussion brought to you by TFF Intellectual Discussion.

Does it take some form of intelligence to be able to discuss if a fictional creature is real or not?

My proposition to the moderators of TFF: move this thread into Gen Chat, and stop having to moderate so hard on the members who are posting in this thread the things that they want to say about it. It's where this thread is located on the forums that's the problem. Not the content of some of the people posting in it.
    Last edited by Che; 03-23-2010 at 07:59 PM.

Blog Entries

Che, that post was completely off topic and could have been sent in a PM. Yes, there is some humor to be found in this thread and its location, but that doesn't invalidate the topic.

Everyone please disregard Che's post and continue talking about vampires.
    Last edited by OceanEyes28; 03-23-2010 at 08:19 PM.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

LISTEN HERE!

Che

Sorry to all of you mods, but you're breaking your own rules. None of the posts you've made in this thread are on topic, however, my post was related to the "intellectual discussion of vampires", which is what this thread is about.

And no, I don't believe vampires are real, for the record.

Blog Entries

Now you're just lashing out.

Mods are appointed to enforce rules. It would be ridiculous to formulate a complete argument for or against an ID topic every time we needed to remind posters of what the rules are.

Now talk about vampires or stop posting in this thread. I know you're a Twilight fan, Che. So. Would a vampire virus make you sparkle?
    Last edited by OceanEyes28; 03-23-2010 at 08:33 PM.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

LISTEN HERE!

Che

Quote Originally Posted by OceanEyes28 View Post
    I know you're a Twilight fan, Che. So? Would a vampire virus make you sparkle?
    Oh my god, AM I ever!

If you were a vampire and gave me a virus, I'd wish I had worn a neck condom. Yeah, they make those. The thing is, you can't wear them all the time or people will look at you funny and ask you questions.

"Why are you wearing that on your neck?"\

"It's a vampire condom."

"HAHA, vampires aren't real idiot!"

And my feelings get hurt way too easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Entity View Post
    "Symptoms"? I... don't think that there is such thing as a vampire virus or disease going by previous posts. Vampirism is a lifestyle/culture. It's possible to have pale skin by not exposing oneself to the sun. You don't have to be a vampire to have pale skin.

I think "characteristics" was the right word there. There are people who take it seriously, and purposefully make themselves to look and behave like fictional vampires; not going out in sunlight, wearing fake fangs, drinking the blood of humans, etc. However, not all of them do - some people just enjoy the taste of blood.

When I say "drink", I don't mean guzzle from a glass like water. It's more like sucking from a cut in the flesh. The human stomach and digestive system doesn't like blood, and can irritate the lining. So... "guzzling" blood would make someone sick.
    wow? theres actually a "culture" in vamparism...wow i've learned something today. sorry you've mentioned it before on your previous post but i missed out on the big idea. and now after you've pointed out some "actions" that these people do for their own culture you reminded me of something i watched on TV. Theres this person that publicly sucked the blood out of a chicken's neck ALIVE. it was still fidgeting while this retarded man used his sick mouth to sucked every single drop of blood out of the poor chicken. it almost seemed like he lost his spirit and was possessed by some kind of unknown specie, then after he put the chicken down, he grabbed one of the audiences hand and didnt let go of her. she was FREAKED. her boyfriend smacked him then he let go of her...it was disgusting and devastating...if he was a vampire it would have been better. lol. at least vampires look better and a lot cleaner. lol

oh and by the way i'm quite surprised that 3 people voted "yes".
    Last edited by LIGHTNING_71013; 03-23-2010 at 08:59 PM.

Vampires obviously don't exist. Well, that's a bit strong but the existence of vampires is illogical and highly improbable. It's just old folklore from a couple hundred years ago. In this modern age, you have to be gullibe or stupid to think they exist. The belief that vampires exist have probably increased in the last coupl of years because of films and tv shows like twilight and true blood(is that what it's called?) which sho vampires and other mythical creatures living and remaining undetected in a modern and 'normal' society.

Air from my lungs. are vampires real? Violet's Avatar

Actually, the vampires are known to society in True Blood.. it's not a secret.

Anyways, the only kind of vampire I'm aware of in real life are wannabes. They actually think they are vampires. They get fangs installed at the dentist, they drink blood, and they're sensitive to sunlight(pale skin). But as far as I'm concerned, they're still missing the powers that make a vampire 'a vampire'. They don't fly in the air.. they don't levitate.. they don't jump off buildings and survive the fall with a clean landing. They don't transform into a bat.

They can go ahead and pretend they're a vampire or a werewolf, or some other fantasy creature, go right ahead, I aint stopping them. But as far as I'm concerned, fictional vampires don't exist.

This ain't no place for no hero are vampires real? Tiffany's Avatar

I don't believe the media portrayed versions of Vampires exist.

So no. I don't believe that out in some cave, there are bats hanging around waiting for the moment that some poor unsuspecting sap wanders around (at night, mind you) and then transforms into a vampire and sucks their blood.

The only thing I see remotely happening is some sort of virus like what other people have mentioned, kind of like in the movie 28 Days Later. Although those were more zombies than vampires. Zombies seem like mindless idiots who run around killing things to eat their brains, and I've always considered vampires to be suave, sophisticated and uh... proper? Well as proper as you can be towards someone who is about to die, I guess.

I will say though that I was surprised to see this in ID. I don't personally see how this is actually a debatable subject either, but that's just me and my limited views I guess.

The only reason I left it in ID is because there is debatable content pertaining to vampires not as the media protrays them but in the lore and the negated fact that there are some people that think they are vampires and certain types of religions are based on the vampire culture.

The only reason that this thread has become more of a GC style thread is because you guys (the posters) chose to make it that way instead of looking more into the debatable intelectual content.

So as of now I will not be moving this thread to GC, instead I will be closing it and leaving it in ID as a reminder of how a perfectly good thread can be derailed and trashed.

With that said; thread closed.

:edit:

Ok so I figured I would come back in here and post a little more. Not everyone was off of topic and I would like to state that, the few that were, you know who you are, should not of been.

Also I am going to quote myself from a PM as to part of the reason I thought this thread should stay in the ID forum.

Anyways, I am not saying that there is any solid debate as to if vampires are real or not. I tend to let conversations in ID evolve from the OP which I was hoping this thread would. Gemma had it moving in the right direction speaking more on how some people believe that they are vampires and that certain sects of people have set up religions based apon their beliefs.

There are plenty of people who practice blood letting and have adapted to a vampiric stlye of life which is completely up for discussion.

The OP made mention of how the media has hyped vampires and that they are no longer the horrifying characters they use to be (in not so many words), this thread could of been used as basis for a conversation on how the tradional vampire has evolved since the initial conception of vampires.

Many people seem to think just because the thread title asked if vampires where real that it limited the topic down soley to that.

Also the whole play on christianity could of been used to further the conversation / debate.

There was plenty of ground to cover and most of it could of been intelectual conversation and debate but people decided that they wanted to take advantage of having the ability to voice their opinions and ran the thread into the ground.
    Hopefully this clarifies things a bit. If not PM me and we can discuss further.
    Last edited by Meier Link; 03-24-2010 at 09:47 AM.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards: