Thread: Love

Saransoah

Love

I read that other topic on True Love...And since it was closed I couldn't reply so i made another topic. To me love is something that people have for their family and friends, and everything good in their life. It is the definition of what they desire. Like playing video games on a lazy sunday, or loving the taste of food. Or loving your mother for bringing you into the world and making your life easier and possible.

I'm at a point in my life now (I'm 17 and about to go off to college in three months) where I want a companion in my life. Do I believe in "true love" between a man and a woman? (Or man and man or woman and woman, but niether of these apply to me.) Not exactly. I believe that most of us want one person they can trust completly, look at as an equal and who will be by their side in times of need. Another reason why people want true love is to have someone to satisify his or her sexual, physical, and egotistical needs. I truly want to believe in a different and powerful love between a man and a woman because I think it would feel better to be in that relationship than just a companionship one (as good as that is), but I don't know if this is real. Obviously, I have never fallen "in love" with another woman, and allthough I do hope to if it is possible I see it as a slim possibility. I believe that I will find a companion someday who I will "love", but not someone I will feel the intense emotions that so many people say that have for one person.

My brain is very conflicted on this and for some reason I feel that I would be 10000000x happier if I was in love with a girl. (I guess this is obvious for most people)

What are your thoughts?

(Edit: It occurred to me that this topic may also be closed for it is similiar to the other one. But I am not pondering about the many different things that can be loved, I am instead wondering if that "true love" that I hear about so often is really true!)
    Last edited by Saransoah; 06-05-2008 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Tried to make it more clear.

Genocide Unfolds, I Forgive All Chez Daja's Avatar
    Nah, I won't close this. I mean, the other one was so long winded, and this one is fresh, so no problem.

Love.

Love. Hm. Well, there are different types. Love for a parent or sibling, love for a pet, a child, for a partner...

I'm nineteen right now. And I only just began believe in love at all. My boyfriend is twenty-three in a week, and he's just the best match I have ever met for me. I've dated guys and had close shaves with girls, and I'm quite content in being in a longterm and committed relationship.

I think love is about being content in love and having somebody you can rely on if something ****s up. It's good that like, love can usually help pick you up when you're really in need. Love isn't something to depend on, it's just something that's there to help, and there to love you.

I also think it's hard to come by love, because I see so many kids these days getting into relationships and most of them can't even tell their "partner" anything.

Being in love is having a new best friend, but a best friend you can kiss and cuddle and have sex with.

Love is true in some cases and casual in others. And now I'm hungry, so I'm going to eat. >_>;

Hope this helped in some small way.

The person in my avatar is me.

THIS SIGNATURE IS VERY DISTRACTINGS

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

Blog Entries
    You know, I've always hated it when people say "Love hurts", because I think it's totally invalid. Yes, of course, there can be pain along the way. But in the end, love is actually an amazing feeling. You'd be really lucky to find it.

I'm still young myself, and I have seen other young people make the mistake of being in love, even I have, but they're usually not like Chez said. I guess you just have to get out there and find it. Or let it find you, I guess...heh.

But of course, the above is mainly about when you're actually in love with a person of some sort. But we can all love other stuff, too...*cough, peanut butter, cough* .

Also, true love usually lasts. It's like with Ramen...I've loved Ramen for years. Haha. But in all seriousness, it lasts. You can't go out with someone and break up with them a few days later and say "Oh, but we were in love" because obviously you weren't. If you were, you would've tried to make it work. But if that relationship lasted for years or even forever, and the two involved were still happy together, then that must be true love.

Well love the only person in my life that I love is my mom other then that I don't really believe in love I just believe that people like us because we have knologe they need or something they need. I use to be in love with this girl but after I moved she said she would still love me. But I guess she was just lieing. i have to go now by.

True Love is not something that you can define. Being in 'love' is felt in the heart, and when it is what is called 'being in love', words cannot describe in any way what it really feels like. What you might 'think' is love, may not be so. Your heart will tell you when it is 'true love'. That feeling you will never forget, nor will you ever be able to deny it. If you are truely 'in love' with someone, regardless if you stay together or not, you will love them forever. I'm not a young person, so I am speaking from experience. There is someone that I would have given my life for, and no we are not together anymore, but I would still give my life for him if he needed me. And I will love him until the day that I die. That is how you know if you are in love.

This word...love...
    Love has SO many meanings, it has so many definitions... how could I explain.

Love can hurt, but can feel like an angels warmth. Love can forget, but remember what the world forgot. Love can be simple, but be more complex than a riddle of riddles. Love will leave, and love will be there when you most need it.

When I was in High school I was what I can honestly say in true love. I met an angel...there was nothing about her that I didn't love and cherish. Even in her imperfections my love was found. She gave me love that came from the very core of my soul and heart. It was the most amazing feeling, like that of a thousand angels dancing around me. Life felt as if it were this puzzle put completely together before my eyes. It was exactly what I looked for in life...but time took it's toll.

We were childhood friends, neighbors on the farm, she was just 2 miles from my house, and I would ride my bike to her house and we spend the whole day together, sometimes falling asleep in the barn watching the stars. It was like the perfect story, I was homecoming king, she was the queen, my queen. We went to the Prom together and spent the whole night together...

WHen I got out of highschool I moved to a bigger city, and so did she, but we still stayed together regardless of the distance. We were set, and I wanted to ask her to marry me on the following Christmas...

The time was near, I could see the snow from my window, and my time to go back home for Christmas break was near, as was hers. She called me and said she was coming home, but I knew this because I was already at her house. I knew her dad, for I worked with him on the farm, and I asked him for her hand, and he agreed. IT was 5 days before Christmas and I wanted to give her the best present I could ever give her.

That night it was a snow storm, and it was getting worse. As I waited for her, she called the house and said to her mother that she was going to be home in 20 minutes.
    20 minutes passed, as me and Roger (her father) waited, we had everything ready, from her mom's homemade pizza and hot chocalate, to the ambience in the air, the letters I had for her, the new mixtapes, the welcome, and the ring. Her dad tried calling her after 40 minutes passed but there was no answer, and we kept trying to call her every few minutes. Finally Roger and Tony (her brother) decided to take his truck out and I waited with her mother back at the house.

We waited in the living room for about 6 hours into the night and he came back...tears in his eyes, and Tony wasn't with him. I went to him but he passed me and went to his room, and her mother went. I heard a slight scream and a wail of cries come from the room, and then Roger came out, grabbed my shoulder, and calmly he said, "I'm sorry, I cannot give you what you ask for, she is no longer with me."

Alexia wrecked on a country road about 14 miles outside her house. A drunk driver hit her in the snow storm and it sent her sliding and rolling down the hill she was on. None made the wreck.

The older I get, the more love affects me. I will never take anything for granted, I wake up in the morning and love the very air that I breathe.

Ever since the wreck, I lost many other people. I became a very bad alcoholic, dropped out of college, and lost the will to live...
    I worked at Target overnight stock, and during the day I worked at a landscape company, because regardless, I never slept much. Most of the time I was drunk, I carried vodka everywhere. Alot of people thought I was just quiet, but I was drunk under depression and just did my job. About 4 months went by and I don't remember much of it, but I woke up one morning and something deep within me hit me. I was in the middle of a cornfield and I didn't remember how I got there, but I looked up to the sky and it was the first time in a long time that I felt peace.
    I joined the Army to become a Combat Medic, to save lives, and that's what I became.
    I lost some members in our family, and since then I love more and more everyday everything that I hold to me. My mother has never been more close, and my father too. I have learned to love more that of a man, and not a boy.
    “And you learn that love, true love, Always has joys and sorrow, Seems ever present, Yet is never quite the same, Becoming more than love and less than love, So difficult to define. And you learn that through it all, You really can endure, That you really are strong, That you do have value.”
    So now you’re suffering the fallacy of what you said
    When you uncover the depression from where you’ve tread
    Breathe over the glass you wrote on
    Swallow all that you waste your throat on
    You wear the mark and wave the banner they made with sin
    Revealing every single lie that you’ve been breeding within
    Wash over the skin you’ve broken
    Think over the tone you spoke in

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Love to me is... complicated... Its a feeling I feel for all my friends and family, my pets and non-pets, my hobbies and places to hang out. But when is love for a partner LOVE? I have had partners, but... I don't think I ever felt LOVE for them. I felt something, but was it love for a friend, or a partner? Even my ex said he felt the same - he didn't know what it was we felt, but we both knew it wasn't love. I think I fell for the whole "looks" thing... Looks don't usually mean anything to me - if I like a person, its about their personality, NOT their looks...

I'm still young, and I have the rest of my life to work out what love for me is in the partner aspect. But I know what I love and value most, and thats the important thing right now. I love my family more than anything. I hate my brothers guts, but if anything happens to him, I'd be sad, or even angry! I love my nan, no matter how many arguments she starts at home, and I love my mum, even though I don't get to tell her that often.

Then there are my friends, that I would put first before any partner I have for the rest of my life. I love my friends to bits, but... I often feel maybe... Like if we haven't seen eachother for a long time, I feel I try to make an effort to see them, and they don't seem to bothered about it. Thats hurts. I made arrangements to have one of my friends come around my house a few weeks ago, and the day they were supposed to come, they didn't show. I sent them a mail, and it turns out she was ill after eatting out at Nandos. IF that really happened, then fair enough, but deep down, I know its not true.

Love for the stuff I enjoy: Playing games, learning, chatting, laughing, going out, music, walking, swimming... The list is enddless! A lot of this stuff I can live without, but I love it too much to give up - if you get what I'm saying. This stuff comes after family, friends and partners.

Like I said, I'm only 16. I have the rest of my life to work out what love to me is. At the moment, I try to keep open minded. For all I know, I could wake up tomorrow with a whole different look on love and life and stuff.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.