Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach Club

Morning Always Comes Bleach Club Xeim's Avatar
    Well, yes, that would be true that Ichigo would be quite large--if he was dead. However, since his soul still inhabits a living body, it still feels a connection to that body, even when it is not within it. Therefore, he's still at a human size. His ability not to control or sense spirit energy may also have something to do with the fact that he is not completely "dead." Aka, that he still belongs in the real world.

But, you still may be correct on it not being based on spirit energy. Perhaps you are projected the way you wish to be in Soul Society. After all, we don't know what any of the shinigami looked like when they were alive. The only insight we have is that young cockatoo (or parakeet or whatever) boy from the beginning. He was projected in Soul Society the same way he was when he died--but, he's only one person. Unless we could cross-reference it could be assumed that he wanted to remain that way because that's the way his mother remembered him.

"A promised land where fairies wait, with room just enough for two. So deliver me, help me to forget the tribulations of the day and to stay in this dream of night, where I can be thinking of you forever- take me to my bliss." - Ora and Sue's "Clover"

Only the Greatest Stuffs:

Honored to be 2008's Best Roleplayer alongside Dragonheart.

Image of Tsubasa's Fay from the Infinity arc colored and cleaned by moi. Sig by moi, aussi.

Lady Rika is my Sacrifice Echoless

My TFF Family
    Froggie, Nick, Lady Rika, Darkwolf, Sinister,
    Flash, Craven, Ann, CLOUD, Kaos_Dragon,
    Mistress Sheena, Silver, Tiger Lily, Yuuki, Halie, Rocco
    Jenova33,
    Dark Rider, Fishie, Refieth

A Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation
    Xeilie Peanut Butter, now featuring sitting ducks and deformed monkeys!

Evenesca, Halie and my home planet.
    It is a wonderful world ruled by Reno, where rainbow skin is a common sight.
    Odd numbers are illegal, hence the even number of words in this paragraph.

Member of FF Cult

The Quiet One Bleach Club Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I would imagine with enough concentration, if it was just a projection, then one could convincibly change their appearance, not speaking on size. I would imagine that the way someone looks is probably somewhat hard coded into the soul on a subconscious level. But there is probably a method to altering that so that you appear different than you are. Though that would create a whole host of new problem. Not to mentiont that it would be rough on the artist to be creating double the number of characters.

But I guess Ichigo's link to the living world could affect him. He can still go back to his body, so the chain of fate is still attached. Though didn't they like cut his chain of fate so that he could become a soul reaper again. So wouldn't that mean that he really is physically dead or departed from his body. I know that they removed him from his body and then cut the chain. And I guess he still puts himself in his body, as he would need something for people to see him still. It is a fuzzy area with that what happened during their training session before going to the Soul Society.

I am pretty sure that would make him dead and unable to return to his body the chain being broke. But Ichigo is unique in a lot of ways and while they do not have to explain things, it a littel sketchy. I mean Orihime was in danger of dying because her brother was beating up on her soul and chain if I remember. But her chain was still attached so she could return to her body.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Once the chain is severed, you die, and cannot return to your body. You actually become a hollow at that point.

They did sever Ichigo's chain, but since he was able to regain himself afterwards, his soul is still with the living. After all, the body he uses isn't a gigai, which is what he'd HAVE to use if his soul was completely separated from it's body.

And yeah, Ichigo's got the "main character syndrome." He's always doing things that shouldn't be possible and messing up theories that hold true for everyone but him. He's the special one that rules bend for, just so he can stand out. We could come up with an amazing theory that seems to be able to be proved for every single person in Soul society, but when you take it to Ichigo, it'll be knocked out of the water. I suppose if Ichigo's our only road block, then our theories may prove to be ture, but if there's still fuzzy areas then we may want to look more, or give up on it.

"A promised land where fairies wait, with room just enough for two. So deliver me, help me to forget the tribulations of the day and to stay in this dream of night, where I can be thinking of you forever- take me to my bliss." - Ora and Sue's "Clover"

Image of Tsubasa's Fay from the Infinity arc colored and cleaned by moi. Sig by moi, aussi.

My TFF Family
    Jenova33,

Member of FF Cult

Blog Entries
    Yeah, it is obvious that he does not have a Gigai like Rukia. However, they really did cut his chain. And he nearly became a hollow, and he has part of that in himself. Though he is primarily a Soul Reaper. However, you can't mend the chain once it is broke. Ichigo is not connected to his body. He has to be dead like the other Soul Reapers. I mean he still has his body. So maybe they are just using it as his Gigai replacement. Because by all of the that we have seen, he did go through all of the processes. At highly accelerated rate.

I mean that guy at the hospital for Don Konochi, Rukia said that it takes months for someone to become a hollow unless you do something to accelerate the process. And I do not really thing that they did anything to accelerate the process. All they did was cut the chain and bind him, they let time to the rest of the work. But there was something unique about Ichigo.

I still have to say that he is really dead and he is just using his body. He is still doing the same thing as before, except I am pretty sure he is all Soul Reaper at this point. He only had one choice become a Hollow or become a Soul Reaper. Both mean that you are no longer using your body. There was no middle ground. Though in the case of Ichigo he did both and is a Soul Reaper and a Hollow. But yeah, he is still dead I am pretty sure.

I do not think that is any connection left to his body other than he can enter it like Rukia can enter her Gigai.

No, cutting the chain IS accelerating the process. Usually, if a soul doesn't get one of those "Soul Burial" things then the chain just begins to erode. Once it erodes completely you become a hollow. Cutting it speads up the process to a few days rather than months.

Well, that may be true, but he still has SOME ties to his body, but I do see what you mean by him having to choose between Soul Reaper and Hollow. It would definately mean that he's dead now. But, the thing is, Ichigo still needs help getting out of his body. I don't really want to spoil much for you, but Soul Reapers seem to be able to just jump out of their gigais, while Ichigo still needs something to force him out. Though, it may just be because he's using a real body and not a fake one, I think it's because his soul is still hanging onto some sort of connection.

My TFF Family
    Jenova33,

Member of FF Cult

It could also be because Ichigo isn't your conventional shinigami. Keep in mind that he was given his shinigami powers through Rukia while he was alive. He didn't die, go to the Soul Society and develop his powers there, you know?

Blog Entries
    Yeah, he was not trained and it has been made clear through the episodes I have seen that Ichigo is very inexperienced on a lot of things. So ripping yourself out of your own body probably takes a little concentration. It is something that I would imagine that Ichigo does not have figured out. He is more about the muscle and overwhelming strength than being smart and refined. He is still very rough around the edges and just all raw power that is slowly becoming controlled. I would imagine if he practiced it he could get out of his body, but it is usually an emergency that he has. So I doubt concentrating for him would be the first thing that he would do.

He is pretty scattered brained at times too. He cannot remember names I think and forgot that Soul Reaper spirit ribbons are red. There were other things, but that is what I can recall at the moment. Ichigo is smart in a battle, usually, but that is about where his intelligence seems to end. Though he is surprisingly good in school and taking tests. But even in battle Ichigo is not always intelligence.

Cutting the chain accelerates the process. But that one spirit already had lost his chain. He was starting to develop a hole in his chest, that is representative of becoming a hollow. Rukia said that it would be months before the tear was completely open. Death would be the same as cutting your chain though. And that guy already had lost his chain completely. But with Ichigo the last link in the chain meant that he was going to become a hollow pretty much immediately. The chain eating itself is accelerated I guess, but I don't know. I just do not see the tear being accelerated. It was completely skipped in Ichigo's case. Chain gone he started the transformation on the spot. Still seems a little strange.

I don't know I guess unnatural causes outside of death the results in the chain being cut accelerates it. Even though death of the body cuts the chain all the same. I guess that works, but seems a little wierd to me. And there as a girl that I thought only had one link, but was still a long way from being in pain and everything. I don't know just seems like there is a lot of inconsistency.

I think it means that once the hole starts to appear it can't be stopped, and the person will undoubtedly become a hollow, and you can't be saved by even a Soul Burial. So, even if Ichigo didn't become a hollow on the spot, he WOULD become one eventually, hence the "if it eats all the way to your body you'll become a hollow" thing.

Yeah, it does seem to be inconsistant, but one thing you have wrong is death doesn't sever the chain of fate. You can travel a long way from your body, and it's just drawn as a few links, which can create confusion. However, the chain can be easily cut by a spirit, or Soul reaper, or even just erode.

Also, the RP's now up and open to posting. Remember the criteria for the first post, and get to it. (*cough* Holocaust *cough*)

My TFF Family
    Jenova33,

Member of FF Cult

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I know the chain if quite long. I mean, Orihime was a good 50 feet or more away from her body in the third episode or whichever it was that he was seperated. However, the hole just means that they are going to be a hollow. It does not mean that they are one just yet. As I understood it, many hollows are forcibly made hollows, but were good people when they were living. As such they are returned to the Soul Society. Which I think was something that the Quincy had an issue with.

However, if you were a murder and then were a hollow. Like that one guy with child spirit that he was tricking, he got sent to the other place. Because the Zanpukto can only cleanse crimes commited as a hollow and not crimes commited as a living person. Those people that die at Soul Reaper hands are cleanse and sent to the Soul Society. At least that was my understanding of it as Rukia was explaining what was happening to that murder when Ichigo saw the gate appear to take him away.

Didn't Orihime's brother get cleansed as well. I don't think we ever see him in the Soul Society. But if they are not going to the other place and they are not being destroyed. Then they are either going to the Soul Society or being re-encarnated. At least that it what I would figure the options are. Because Soul Reapers are not destroying souls, but killing hollows and purifying the soul. Right?

Quincy's they destroy the hollow and the soul, or something like that. Because they could have destroyed the balance of the souls being cycled or something from the way they went about fighting hollows. Quincy's kill while Soul Reapers cleanse, so you get two different results.

Yes, that's exactly right.

And yeah, Orihime's brother should be in Soul Society now. He definately didn't go to the other place. We would have seen its gates come for him if he did. But your right that we never saw him. I wonder why that is? Perhaps he'll come back into the story later when the focus is on Orihime again?

Wow, this post is insanely short...Must add something on...

I find it weird that two people who appear to be doing the same thing can actually be doing things so differently. Quincy's steal the chance at a new life from souls while shinigami give them that chance. And yet, from the eye of someone who has no idea what's going on, you'd think it was the same thing happening.

The fight between Ishida and Ichigo was terrible. Think about how many souls Ishida stole futures from!

My TFF Family
    Jenova33,

Member of FF Cult

Blog Entries
    Yeah, Ishida destroyed a lot of souls during that contest of theirs. Not to mention his hands were bleeding by the end. He pretty much used up all of his spirit energy I would imagine or at the very least, his endurance. Fingers could not take the energy anymore or something like that.

But I would imagine that the kids with Urahara did the same thing. Soul Reapers are the only one that can do the cleansing, so they killed souls as well. But I guess they realize that and just know there is no other choice in the matter. Though we also do not know how many hollows that they killed. I do not even remember the number that Ishida got up to. I think they were counting into the twenties maybe higher. Though I think that Mendos Grandai probably counts for like a few hundred on Ichigo's tally. Since it is a ton of hollows crushed and folded to make one nasty large hollow.

Though looking at the thing it did not seem that scary. I would imagine that it is probably a nasty thing in a fight. But Ichigo was able to injury it slightly. So I would imagine that Renji or a captain could have done the same. Probably some of the higher seated Soul Reapers as well. But who knows how much spirit energy Ichigo released at that point.

Though his sword was going crazy along with his energy. Ishida had to far off a lot of arrows hands bleeding. Ichigo's power was probably too much to stand for Ishida. I did not completely follow everything that happened there. It was like a huge release of energy and made him unstable or something. So then everything just came rushing out or something like that. The result would have been Ichigo's death if nothing was done. It was a very curious moment, but it was a bonding moment for the two of them as well.

Yeah, the hollows aren't that creepy. They make up what the lack in appearance through size. Well, some hollows at least. Some are small, or human size, which I suppose makes them even creepier!

I'm not quite sure what happened there either to tell the truth. I just got the Ichigo wasn't very good at controlling spirit energy, and Ishida knew how to help. I'm glad they end up on the same side though. Ishida's really cool. In fact, if the Quincy didn't destroy souls, I'd say I wished he was used in the series more. Ichigo's REALLY the main character. The other characters get their chance to shine, but we're mostly focused on him. The supporting characters can't beat the guy, so Ichigo can. I kinda dislike the way they make some of the other characters seem weak when they're really not. I'm not just talking about Rukia either.

My TFF Family
    Jenova33,

Member of FF Cult

I know what you mean. Chad, Orihime, and a few others have more potential than meets the eye. One thing that creeps me out is Ururu. What's with her being a crybaby but then when she's in a fight, she repsonds like a machine and kicks arse?

It's scary that those little kids who work in the Urahara Shop are pretty much stronger than Chad and Orihime as of now. Uryuu, I know he will be like one of them ost powerful characters in Bleach yet with alot of different weapons in his arsenal. A thing I've also noticed is that Uryuu didn't have his Sanrei gloves on when he was doing that little "contest" with Ichigo.

Before they fully introduced Ishida, he was more of a serious gut, but now, he's just corny, funny, and protective at the same time. I see signs of Uryuu taking liking to Orihime

Blog Entries
    Yeah, Ishida did have more control over spirit energy. I would imagine that he would have to if he uses that spirit bow of his. I am not sure how much concentration it requires, but it is a hard to do than swinging a sword. Ichigo did that a lot, until he found out how to control his spirit energy more.

I would definitely like to see more with Chad and Orihime, since I have only seen Ishida fight besides Ichigo. I know Chad has his arm thing, but I would like to see what sort of abilities it gives him besides a lot of strength. And Orihime's fairies seem really straight forward with only one ability. But I doubt that to be case. She also needs to learn to kill rather than wound or disable. She will be a lot stronger when she gets to that point, though I am not sure if she can. She seems more like the white mage of the party, the support so that you do not hurt or can heal you when needed.

It seems a little cheap to playing that off on the girl of the party, but there is are definitely strong female characters in the show. Orihime is just one of the main cast, so it is a little disappoint that she is not as strong as the others in the way that she fights. But she is very new to it still, so she needs experience. Ichigo had to learn by trial through fire and Ishida had training. So they are both at an advantage. But Ishida is pretty cool being able to fire a series of arrows as once.

Orihime is just, well, how can I put this... She's afraid to kill. She's only pretty much killed one hollow with her Tsubaki thing and that was in the beginning latter when a weak hollow was attacking Tatsuki. Her powers are quite unique. Her healing techniques doesn't necissarily "heal" thay actually reverse time.

What I mean is, a little orange barrier that surrounds the target's arms are being reversed back to the time before they got sliced or wounded. It may look as if it is healing but it is more of a rewind or regeneration process more than "healing." It's very unique.

Chad just seems to be left out, alot. Even Orihime is more important (to my point of view). His arm sort of represents Mexican colors and the stripe along with it too. His arm is powerful yet he fully can't see hollows, but rather trying to sense spirit energy or take random guesses. We've seen this before when he was trying to protect Ichigo's sister, Karin.

At first, I did not like the idea of some of Ichigo's friends that are main characters to have powers but then be left on the sidelines. Come on, we can clearly see that Uryuu is the strongest next to Ichigo in the group. Also, Orihime's friend Tatsuki can see hollows, but what is the point? She can't even fend them off let alone does she even have any powers at all.

That is one hting I can't figure out why the author made Tatsuki able to see hollows but not have any powers. I could even imagine the strain Uryuu's hands feel after firing shots like that consecutively without some rest. Maybe it has so much spiritual energy, that it can cut flesh? hmmmm... Like you;ve said, it looks harder or seems more difficult to use a spirit bow rather than a zanapakuto. Though, I like the Quincy bow's.

Blog Entries
    Well I think Chad got the ability to fully see Hollows when he got his arm. Before he did not have the power that he had in his arm, so he just saw a haze and was surprisingly powerful for a human. But during that fight in saving Karin, he got his arm also the power to see the Hollow. I figure that he probably can see Hollow pretty easily now, unless that has changed in the later episodes.

It might be a bad example, but Ichigo could see hollows. He could do nothing about it, but he could see them. That was mostly due to him having a lot of spirit awareness and energy. But the others around him I think developed that ability to see hollows as well from being around Ichigo. At least that is one of the ways it was explained. Though it does seem strange, I would imagine that Tatsuki has some spirit energy, nothing compared to the others. But she has enough to be aware. Aside from Chad's blindness to hollows, I think it is probably nature to see hollows and have awareness before developing powers or never developing powers. You would probably just need to be willing to see what might seem frightening as well as have some amount of spiritual power.

Even Ichigo's sisters can see hollows. Though that is probably more because of Ichigo and his family than anything else. Does King Fisher reappear later on in the series? He was pulling the strings during the first part of the first season, but with Ishida and the other Soul Reapers appearing he got push to the side. At this point he probably would slaughter the thing without putting up much of a fight. Unless King Fisher has a lot more power than he was showing in the first fight.

Well, to put it bluntly, King Fisher does appear later but in a more powerful form. You could even say he has some
    Spoiler:
    Shinigami Powers and his own Zanpakuto

. I recall Tatsuki pretty much seeing like the outline of the hollow but didn't know what would happen and seconds later, she found herself bleeding near death.

Ichigo is horrible controlling his spiritual energy so he is not aware that he is exerting it to his friends which allowed them to get powers unique to their own except Ishida (duh). This is the reason why hollow activity is going on as well. They thirst for spirit energy and can find where it is by scent or atleast that is what I think.

In Uryuu's contest, I'm thinking that Quincy chip thing he broke had alot of Spirit Energy that made it irresistable for hollows to come or it forced them out of Hueco Mundo due to sound? Quite strange they don't fully explain what happens but that is what a good author does I guess. (I think Uryuu just said it attracts hollows and then left out some details)

Blog Entries
    Yeah, he did not go into the details about how it worked. All he said pretty much was that it attracted hollows and I guess would do so for about 24 hours, since that was their contest's duration. But they also do not say why Ninos Grandai appeared either, Ishida was pretty sure the little about that he used did not called it. The only other reason would probably be Ichigo, as you said he radiates a lot of spiritual energy. Which Hollows definitely enjoy.

But most of them can only see an outline at times or feel something strange nearby. Which is more than what normal people can tell, which is completely nothing. Though with all of the strange explosions and things, you would think that people would realize that there is something strange going on. They might not be able to see anything, but this is has been going on for centuries. You would think that people would have figured some part of it out by now. But it is all just chalked up to random events that appear to be completely unrelated.

I guess that is why there are people of like Ishida and Orihime, people who can see them and fight them. But it still seems pretty strange no one has really asked about what is going on. Though with them being invisible, it does make things difficult.

Actually, to correct something said above, only Karin can actually see hollows, but, oh man, I'm forgetting her name now...Ichigo's other sister can only feel them.

But, I agree with Andromeda. If I was walking down the street and saw buildings get ripped apart, I'd probably wonder what was going on...though, perhaps Soul Reapers used those little devices to erase as many memories as possible, so only a few people remember encounters with "Invisble monsters," and those they missed are to scared or uspet by the encounter, or too weirded out that no one else remembers it to tell about it.

They don't really go into much detail on the Soul Reapers' duty in the real world, or to how many are deployed there. They must have Soul Reapers all over the world fighting off hollows, but there's never any mention of it. Like Andromeda said before, the attention goes to Japan. But even then, we only see the happening within Karakura Town. Not even major cities like Tokyo are mentioned.

Also, a strange thought. Do think there's any "aquatic" hollows, or are they all adapted to land?

My TFF Family
    Jenova33,

Member of FF Cult

Ichigo's other sister's name is Yuzu. Anyways, aquatic hollows eh? Well, to put it bluntly, no. There are no other hollows who so far I have seen to even go near water. There are a few who can fly but none have I ever seen go into water. Think about it... every single hollow or arrancar for that matter, haven't touched the water.

Hollows like Acidwire and Fishbone D... wait the freaking minute!!! It hit me, there is an aquatic hollow. It's so obvious... the hamster hollow, none other than fat man himself, Grand Fisher! How could I possibly forget about Grandfisher? He was an aquatic hollow and capable of being on land too.

Oh, another thought came into my head, doesn't that giant halberd thing used for execution seem like Genryusai's Initial Release of his Zanpakuto's Ryuujen Jakka? I mean, it's a fire element and it looks sort of like it. Oh yeah, you've pretty much noticed that Soifon's Squad is the only squad who pretty much uses Hand-to-Hand Combat techniques. Have you seen anyother Squad who is capable of doing that?

Each squad, I think, has it's each own little speciality. Soifon's squad must specialize with Hand-to-Hand. Like Squad 6(I think) specializes in Healing.

With land Hollows and aquatic Hollows, I wouldn't think that there should be a difference, I mean, what is stoping them? From going into the water and stuff. Also, did you notice: Fishbone D, Grand Fisher. I have no doubt that there are others like this.

lol, Fish... Bone D got killed by Ichigo in a heartbeat. hmmmmm... yeah, 4th Division speicalizes healing. I think Hantaro is one of the people who has a Zanpakuto who can both heal and attack with, but a gauge has to be filled first. Isane and Unohana have both a Zanpakuto but I see Isane's as offense and Unohana's a defensive healing.

I think Hantaro can fight but he is not bloodthirsty and he's just not too confident with himself, but he is determined to save Rukia at any cost. I guess that is how he found his way to Ichigo and Ganju. Also, doesn't it seem that Yumichika does not sound that "gay" in the English version rather than the Japan version? They made him seem like a woman.

Oh yeah, when Ichigo and Ganju first met Ikkakku and Yumichika, it was pretty funny how Ikkaku was doing his "Lucky" Dance. rofl, I was laughing when I saw that part. One other thing I question is that guy who works in the Urahara shop with the glasses and moustache. He knew Lvl 99 Binding Art Spells! I wonder if he ever was a Shinigami or even assigned to a Division.

But alright, so there are some that are adapted for water, but I mean ones that can ONLY be in water. Ones that look like fish or eels or something, and even have gills. They'd attack ships and such as they sail by, perhaps even being responsible for "disappearances at sea." I don;t know if such a hollow DOES exist, but I think it'd be prety cool. What about you guys? Possible? Probably? Crackpot idea?

I'm not sure I quite understand your question about Yumichika. Yes, it's quite possible he's homosexual, and it seems he has a thing for Ikkaku, but why do you bring this up? The love life of the characters isn't really the main theme of the show. I mean sure, there's a thing between Ichigo and Rukia, but other than that they don't really go into much detail, givng me the impression that the author says "Not your buisness at the moment." Personally, I could care less about the sexuality of a character. They can love whoever they want. That's not the theme I look for in an anime.
    Last edited by Xeim; 05-10-2007 at 06:57 PM.

My TFF Family
    Jenova33,

Member of FF Cult

Well, it might be a cool idea but then again... eh I've ran out of things to say. Everything that I could probably say is... it's not that bad but wouldn't be much of a difference if they ever added a hollow like that in the series. If they ever did, we mught just deem it weak just like that flying hollow with the exploding leech things.

Anyways, I'm interested how they came up with the name, Zanpakuto or the many Kidou spells and even how they came up with its abilities and incantations. An example of that is Renji's Zabimaru. It seems very powerful and yet only his Initial Release. You see how it destroyed the spirit particled buildings when fighting against Ichigo? Some initial releases get to me like Ichigo's and Kenpachi's. Kenpachi doesn't even know the name of his Zanpakuto but it is constantly in its released form just like Ichigo's.

It can never revert back to a regular Zanpakuto. I don't even know what Kenpachi's Zanpakuto's abilities are but he's so strong that he's even able to
    Spoiler:
    wound 2 Shinigami captains even when they used their Bankai.

Blog Entries
    I don't know seems like he could just be commenting on how things were altered in the English version. Which happens frequently. I don't know if it was intentional that they wanted to remove that aspect or if the actor just did not do a good job.

But yeah Grand Fisher was hiding the river. Though if a Hollow could only be in water, he would be a little limited in what he could do. I don't know how many people die at sea, but there are not a lot souls out there I would imagine. And unless it stuck to the shipping lanes there would be fewer living people as well. There is not a lot of practicality about being soling in the water. The game is significantly reduced to the land, so they would not have as much prey. It might be easier, but there are fewer people. It is also probably more noticable when a ship disappears or someone dies than in a city.

And I doubt Soul Reapers can be everywhere all the time to cover all of the Hollows that are roaming around. There are no doubt cases where Hollows ran around on their own without a Soul Reaper stopping them. And so there would not be anyone to erase the memories or cover them up. And needless to say if you are hunting or chasing a hollow, you cannot exactly get everyone that it passes by. The fact that Rukia was never seen when they were fighting that hollow with the explosive larva or whatever is surprising to me. I mean the fight dragged on for a while until Ichigo got back and no one at all shows up or crosses their path. Seems unlikely to me, looked like they were in a residental area as well.

Before the Arrancar starting showing there seemed to be hardly any soul reapers in the Living Realm at all. Which I thought was kind of weird. Im not sure if the squads handle certain types of Hollows. Except Menos Grande. I think I remember Rukia saying something like "We need the special squad to take care of him." Or something like that. So I guess thats half true.

Like Holocaust said. I wonder where the came up with the names Espada, Arrancar, Vaizard, and like whats really diffrence im still a little foggy in that area of Bleach.
    (Sorry for being absent.)
    2nd Squad 5th Seat BLEACH CLUB

Blog Entries
    I haven't seen the newest episodes that you are referring to, so I do not have as much in sight. Though a lot of the hollows that were in the Living World did not seem to be powerful. Ichigo was beating them up pretty easily and he had no training at all. So I doubt that they would need to send a lot of Soul Reaper to keep the hollows from damaging the real world.

Though it could also be like how it was in Yu yu Hakusho. There was a barrier that prevented higher class demons from entering the living world. So you would only end up with weaker and medium level demons. There is always plenty of them for fodder. So you have a lot of weak hollows roaming around because all of the big ones remain in the shadows either uninterested or unable to enter the living world. So the need to send a lot or even really strong Soul Reapers is probably not necessary.

Ichigo and Rukia were doing a pretty good job on their own keeping things in order in the city. Though that it is just one city. I would hope that there are more Soul Reapers in other parts. Though it sounds like they do not like to stay in the living world for a long time. So there would not be someone stationed in a city. I guess if there is a hollow problem, they just send someone out. Or they do scouting and recon groups that go out on a periodic basis just to make sure things are going smoothly and killing the hollows that do pop up.

Though they never expand why Rukia was in the living world. At the time she was hunting a hollow. But we don't know if she was there for a while and was on an extended assignment, or if she was just giving the task to hunt down a specific hollow or something.

Bleach Club Members Important Announcement

I tohught I should tell you ahead of time about this.

I will be disconnected from here (in other words my internet) for about a month so I'll be back around June 28th. I am sorry to leave. I don't know what will happen to the RP or what sudden activities are going to happen but I'll miss all. (Will be moved to member business comings and goings) Edit: I'll be disconnected on May 28th.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Back to Bleach Discussion: Andromeda, you're right. They really did never explain why but I think she was sent (or did that out of curiousity) to find out how life was like in the real world. I've been wondering about Ichigo's inability to control his spiritual pressure since its constantly leaking out. I know we've went to this discussion before, but I was curious.

How does one control their spiritual pressure form leaking out? This is the reason why hollows have been appearing due to Ichigo's or any other person's high amount of spiritual energy. Though Ichiugo can pretty much kill off the hollows in one shot, how come some others are more powerful?

For example is the Grand Fisher. They made him seem so tough saying he's escaped Soul Reapers for 50 years. I'm sure they've had more powerful ones than this. Not only that but how do the Shinigami "get" Zanpakuto's? i mean when you become an Academy Student, do they give you one or does it come to you by itself being made out of thin air? I haven't seen how Ichigo got his Zanpakuto so I'm not sure.
    Last edited by Mr. Sandman; 05-14-2007 at 06:14 PM.

Actually, that question about the zanpukto's is a good one. They never really covered that. I think that a the zanpukto is created from one's spiritual energy when they are ready to unlock them. They're living beings, and it would only make sense for them to project their owner's soul.

As for the spirit energy control thing, Soul Reapers have to do constantly, I'd assume it'd be something of a reflex. And since some people are born without certain reflexes, I'd assume Ichigo would've been born without that reflex.

My TFF Family
    Jenova33,

Member of FF Cult

When someone becomes a Soul Reaper, a zanpaktou is created at the same time that has its own soul. Not necessarily "living" but close enough. The zanpaktou has its own name and when the Soul Reaper learns it, he/she gains their shikai. When Rukia gave Ichigo her Soul Reaper powers, he is made one and thus is given a zanpaktou.

Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast