Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: ALIENS!! Real or Not??

Quote Originally Posted by RagnaToad View Post
    Me.

Man is only one little but insanely complex species of all species we have on our fart of a planet.

The chances of
    1. a planet exactly on the same distance from her own sun.
    2. that planet rotating at more or less the same speed
    3. that planet cooling down at the same time as planet Earth
    4. that planet having exactly the same gases around it, and substances in/on it.
    5. the evolution of 'life' on that planet going exactly the same as on planet earth.
    6. all this exactly at the same time as planet earth, because Man isn't really old, in Galaxy terms. Two planets having 'man' at the same time, that would be unimaginably coincidental.

The chances for that are, I'd say, pretty much non-existent.

I'm not saying there's no 'life' out there, or ever was, or ever will be.
    I'm saying that there is no chance that there is a human civilization out there.
    Yeeaah. I suppose, I guess there is only a teeeney weeenwey chance. Just brought it up for converstion sake in the thread because it has crossed my mind before.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Shake it like a polaroid picture ALIENS!! Real or Not?? RagnaToad's Avatar
    Haha. At first I was thinking 'God, what fucker has made this thread come alive again?'.

But it turned out to be quite decent.

I think anyone that believes there is absolutely no chance of life out there, is pretty ignorant. In our solar system alone (as in: Mars) we found traces of what looks like water, which is the perfect habitat for many organisms.

But people who claim they saw a big-headed guy crawling up their window, anal probing them and taking pieces of their skin? Yeah. That's just pop culture.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Che
    I'm just going to post this, because it's fairly relevant, and it's a great watch. Feel free as **** to discuss.

YouTube - From Universe to Multiverse. Are You Ready? (Dr. Michio Kaku)

btw it seems boring at first, but it doesn't really get good until halfway+. But watch it all to understand.
    Last edited by Che; 08-28-2009 at 12:32 AM. Reason: ^

Registered User ALIENS!! Real or Not?? Locke4God's Avatar
    Yeah, they exist. There are billions of billions of stars and most with a set of planets, and it only takes one of those that is the approximate distance away as we are from a similar sized sun as we have to qualify. There must be a billion such planets, and I'd bet nearly all of them have life of some sort. Intelligent life is another question.

If you look at the relationship of a star to its planets you'll know that the star is burning because it is fuzing atoms together, essentially burning until its built it's atoms into the next element on the periodic table. So it burns Hydrogen until it turns to Helium, and so on and so forth. When the process is completed, once the naturally occuring periodic table of elements have been formed, the star supernovas.

Before that however, when the star was born, it shot out elements into the space surrounding it. Those congregated at certain distances based on density, just as elements would in a centrifuge. That's why Mercury, Venus, Earth, & Mars are similiar, and then Jupiter, Uranus, & Neptune are gas planets. The elements spread out.

So it's just a matter of physics. Every star system would undergo a similar pattern, and those most similar to us would have an earth or two at an approximate distance as we are from the sun, and thus would be highly likely to contain life.

The problem is, we're 10's of millions of light years away from that next closet system.
    Last edited by Locke4God; 09-01-2009 at 07:25 PM.

Death Before Dishonor ALIENS!! Real or Not?? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RagnaToad View Post
    I think anyone that believes there is absolutely no chance of life out there, is pretty ignorant. In our solar system alone (as in: Mars) we found traces of what looks like water, which is the perfect habitat for many organisms.

This is true the water found on Mars shows that it is capable of sustaining life so saying that there is no way there is life out there is ignorant...Mars cannot be the only place capable of sustaining life..

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Waiting for your sister to turn 18 ALIENS!! Real or Not?? chrono's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke4God View Post
    Yeah, they exist. There are billions of billions of stars and most with a set of planets, and it only takes one of those that is the approximate distance away as we are from a similar sized sun as we have to qualify. There must be a billion such planets, and I'd bet nearly all of them have life of some sort. Intelligent life is another question.

If you look at the relationship of a star to its planets you'll know that the star is burning because it is fuzing atoms together, essentially burning until its built it's atoms into the next element on the periodic table. So it burns Hydrogen until it turns to Helium, and so on and so forth. When the process is completed, once the naturally occuring periodic table of elements have been formed, the star supernovas.

Before that however, when the star was born, it shot out elements into the space surrounding it. Those congregated at certain distances based on density, just as elements would in a centrifuge. That's why Mercury, Venus, Earth, & Mars are similiar, and then Jupiter, Uranus, & Neptune are gas planets. The elements spread out.

So it's just a matter of physics. Every star system would undergo a similar pattern, and those most similar to us would have an earth or two at an approximate distance as we are from the sun, and thus would be highly likely to contain life.

The problem is, we're 10's of millions of light years away from that next closet system.

you sir are correct! the real question is not if there is other life because life can be anything from an amoeba to a microorganism or insect. i am pretty sure there are some kinds of microorganisms floating in some goo on another planet.

the real question lies in whether or not there is intelligent life similar or more advanced than ours. this is the only answer i am interested in. did some of these other life forms evolve into the problem solving logic using beings that we are today.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\bit torrents\jiu jitsu\helio.jpg

Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch a movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." -Marcelo Garcia

To fight is a man's instinct; if men have nothing else to fight over they will fight over words, fancies, or women, or they will fight because they dislike each other's looks, or because they have met walking in opposite directions” - George Santayana

So there's a new movie coming out called "The Fourth Kind" and I really hate these types of movies. I for one as a child suffered from extreme night terrors involving these type of things. I don't know what influenced it and it didn't go away until my late teens. Hell even now I still have to toss the lights on sometimes and I'm in my mid 20's. This lead to a great fascination with the discovery of extraterrestrial life.

So movies like this really piss me off. If a life form is capable of interstellar exploration and mastering technology that overcomes difficulties presented by simple physics and distances, I can't help but think that they've come to a point where they've overcame primal aggressive behaviors and have a true respect for life. I don't believe they'd come here and terrorize individuals in an attempt to learn from us, especially when it's very obvious that we're actively searching for such intelligent civilizations. They could learn so much more from us by observing from a distance. Hell even something as simple as picking up all the information we unknowingly beam into space in the form of radio waves could tell them everything they need to know about us.

So why terrorize us, do they simply not regard us as beings worthy of respect? Perhaps they look at us as we look at ants. Why worry about the well being of something so inferior? Again I can't help but think that if a civilization progresses so far in their technological evolution they need to have long since given up barbaric and moved on to truly appreciating how amazing life is.

*this of course goes against my beliefs that no other civilizations have even stumbled upon us yet*

I believe. Just not the movie-style aliens, like E.T. or some little green thing. There is more planets and stars in our Universe than grains of sand on our Earth, and the likelyhood of Earth being the ONLY planet with life? Nil. It is out of the question, and you're ignorant to think otherwise. In fact, didn't they already find bacteria (living organisms) on Mars? Aliens. Effectively.

The Mad God ALIENS!! Real or Not?? Heartless Angel's Avatar

Re: ALIENS!! Real or Not??

Depends on someone's definition of Aliens i suppose. If you're talking about the freakish grey things with heads that size of watermelons that abduct us in our sleep, no. If you simply mean extraterrestrial life, absolutely. It is completely idiotic to assume that in the ENTIRE universe that only a single planet had conditions that could support life. Just because we don't see planets that resemble Earth closely, doesn't mean there's not life. For all we know there could be some sentient rock things looking at earth from Mars saying there's no way there's life on that wierd blue planet (I'm not seriously suggesting this, but I'm open to the unlikely possibility <.<).
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5