Thread: 9/11 and the U.S.A

9/11 and the U.S.A

9/11 and the U.S.A

It’s been 7 years since 9/11 happened… It seems like people have forgotten what that day meant what it did to us as a country.. What I mean by these is that when the plans hit we came together as a country everyone was their for one another now it seems that we have forgotten we are like a family... people are going back to the old ways crime is going back up and a lot of other things are happening out country is falling apart in my eyes… Life is a funny thing you live and die… But what im asking is meant to cover is have people forgotten what happened 7 years ago… Does it mean that our country does not care about the past or for that fact the future… Is your government falling apart.. Anyways I just hope who ever is elected to run this country for the next 4 years knows what he is doing…Because I think if we keep going the way we are going we will end up in world war 3 … Anyways plz voice your opinion

Registered User 9/11 and the U.S.A winterborn86's Avatar
    wow, has it really been 7 years already??
    I don't really know anything about the American government, so i cant say much on that, but as for 9/11, it was a terrible day for everyone in the US and it effected alot of people and their lives in many different way, but i don't think people have forgotten about it, something as major a that can never be truly forgotten, i just think that maybe people are just trying to carry in life as normal, and unfortunately crime was one of the ways of life.
    As for the world war 3, no matter how great a countries government is, there will always be a chance there will be a world war 3, there is so much chaos in the world, so many different views and beliefs, that war is unavoidable, it might happen in a few months or a few years or even 150 years from now but a world war 3 will unfortunately happen.

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

I personally don't think people have forgot about this. And in the future this even will be taught in American History. There are still tens of thousands of people that are affected by this not only on this day but on a daily basis. Sure people are trying to put it behind them and move on but the events of that day will haunt us all for rest of our lives. Do you really think the firemen, surviors, police officers, armed servicemen that where there on ground zero would ever be able to truly not think about this day, every year for the rest of their lives, and in turn tell their children, grand children and great grand childeren about the events that took place on that horrid day. It was not just a day that affected the U.S. but the world in a whole, and it has never been the same since. We are still at conflict with Iraq, we are still combing the deserts trying to find the mastermind of this terrible plot.

I work in the aviation field and it to this day is not the same as what it was before that dreadful day. Many other mechanics are still out of their old jobs working at Burger king, wal-mart, bars just to try and make ends meet. I too think they haven't forgot how 9/11 changed their lives.

Just because people are not talking about what happened does not mean that anyone has forgotten, sure the fires have died down and the rage has died out some but all in all we are still geared twards the future. Which hopefully will prevent something like this from ever happening again. Hell watch T.V. tonight I promise you will see something that is related to the subject at hand on almost every U.S. T.V. station.

This is still a very touchy subject and I am sorry if I come across as an ass, that is not my intentions.

I have friends that ran off and joined the military just to take out their vengance on the terrorists. And since a couple have been stop-lossed a few times, and where shipped back off to Iraq and other areas of the world. Luckily nothing has happened to them. There are alot of family's that to this day still get the "knock" letting them know their a member of their family has passed. All this just to stop terrorism and try to secure a safe place for our kids to grow up in.

I have been up for a while today and have been listening to the radio, every caller that has called in has had something to say about this, every program has touched on the subject. Even on T.V. at 4 a.m. they where talking about 7 years ago this day and the after affects on the world and the economy.

So as I said above yes people are not talking as much about what happened, but I don't think we will ever forget. Life moves on and all we can do is learn from it and grow from it, that is what I see America doing right now, we have licked out wounds and are trying to pick ourselves back up again. But remember that we can't move forwards with out atleast looking back to see where we came from.....

As for WWIII I think that we are still very far from it, everyone thought that after 9/11 that WWIII would break out and the world was doomed but it hasn't happened yet. The over all world economics is not to that point yet and most of the countries of the world have been working together quite well to stop anything like that from happening. With NATO still together I really don't see anything of the sorts happening for a really long time. But then again it only takes one mans hatered to start an all out war of the world so don't quote me on this subject haha.
    Last edited by Meier Link; 09-11-2008 at 06:10 AM.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Registered User 9/11 and the U.S.A HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    9/11 is here and it is one of the saddest times in American history for me.... during 9/11 i was in the 3rd grade and my mom took me out of school and was really scared,I had no idea why.

9/11 is a very sad time and i personally said many prayers for the victims during our schools moment of silence...Never Forget.

On this day seven years ago, I was going down the stairs getting ready to go to the airport in Denver, Colorado...destination...Chicago, Illinois. Needless to say, as I watched the second plane fly into the WTC, I knew I wasn't going anywhere that day. The horrific actions of just a few in exactly one hour and twenty minutes, have changed all of our lives. We are guarded by those that believe differently, look differently, speak differently, and live differently than ourselves. So many lives lost that day, and every American ready to go to the ends of the earth to find the mastermind of the plan. To attack and kill those that took so many away. No we haven't forgotten....and we never will. There is still a great big hole in the ground in NYC to remind us, and the one that put the whole plan into effect is still wandering in the mountains of Afghanistan.
    We as American's still stand proud and united. United We Stand, Divided We Fall. Nothing could be more true.
    My prayers to those left behind, and to the ones that were lost 7 years ago today, as well as to those who have fought and still fight to protect us and our land.

And let's also not forget those that lost their lives in the Oklahoma City bombing. When was the last time you were reminded of that? Terrorism doesn't always mean they are from another country. Our own have destroyed many families and lives as well.

May they all Rest In Peace, and may their families find the strength each and every day to get through the next.

(And if ever captured, killed, or dies, may Bin Laden forever burn in hell!!!)
    Last edited by Koda; 09-11-2008 at 02:06 PM. Reason: left some words out in last sentence.

Bananarama 9/11 and the U.S.A Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    How can you forget it?

It was probably the scariest day of my entire life. I honestly feel the chills right now as I reminisce.

I was in 10th grade. We had a class assembly at about 9am, where we were to go over our student handbooks (rule books, essentially). The principal told us that a plane had crashed into the first tower. Nobody thought much of it, thinking it was a small commuter plane or a little bi-plane like the one that hit the Empire State Building decades ago.

After the assembly, we had Global History II. Our teacher told us some words I'll never forget.

"The World Trade Center doesn't exist anymore. It's just a pile of steel, concrete and bodies."

The rest of the day was dragged out. Our school wouldn't allow for us to listen to the radio or watch TV. I guess it was because kids had parents working there, and didn't want to scare the shit out of them. Regardless, we were scared shitless. My aunt worked in the second tower hit, 95th floor. Somehow she made it out. I don't know how, but she did. She was a wreck after that. Her friend shoved her in the last elevator to go down to the lobby.

My dad was working a few blocks away, and saw the second tower get hit, from maybe a few hundred feet away. He hasn't been right since. He talks about it every now and then, but there's something missing.

The strangest thing about that day, was that it was so beautiful. The weather was immaculate, low 70s and not a single cloud in the sky. It was such an eerie calm in the morning, I actually remember saying that the day was too perfect, as I walked to school in the morning, before anything had happened.

I remember my dad coming home later, since he drove home from the city that day. I think I gave him the biggest hug I ever have, and we just watched the news like zombies, unable to completely fathom what had happened.

That night I went up to the roof of my apartment and watched the smoke billowing from the skyline that night. I downed an entire water bottle's worth of vodka, but it did nothing. It was still so real.

We all lost something on that day; innocence. However, that alone is nothing compared to what the victims and their families lost. My heart and all of my sympathies go out to those who lost loved ones on that day. May they all rest in peace. As for Bin Laden and his cronies, there is no physical punishment that man can issue for them, that will do justice.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

I invented Go-Gurt. 9/11 and the U.S.A Clint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark One View Post
    people are going back to the old ways crime is going back up and a lot of other things are happening out country is falling apart in my eyes…
    The crime rate depends on the amount of people in poverty. It's not that they don't care, it's that America's entire surplus was spend on the war effort. The surplus was quickly used up, and America resorted to borrowing money from other countries. They owe a few billion to England, a few billion to France, and God knows how much to China. Because of the debt, the economy suffered. Jobs were lost, and prices of everything skyrocketed (i.e., gasoline).

Quote Originally Posted by Dark One View Post
    Because I think if we keep going the way we are going we will end up in world war 3 …
    The World Wars are definitely over. Most of Europe is in alliance with each other (i.e., the creation of the euro), Japan is an ally, and communism only exists in five countries (China, Cuba, Korea, Vietnam, Laos). Russia and the Czech Republic recently got more nuclear weapons, but they aren't making any alliances, so that shouldn't be a problem. Even if they do start making alliances, they can't do anything behind the back of the United Nations.

If anything should happen, it wouldn't be a world war, because most major countries have a good supply of nuclear weapons. It would be another Mexican standoff like the Cold War.
    Last edited by Clint; 09-11-2008 at 04:14 PM.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It was a horrible day that day. I was about... 9 years old, and even being on the other side of the world, I was scared. I woke up, and put my morning program's on while getting ready for school. On the way to school, I went into the newsagents for some sweets to sneak in, and the pictures of the planes and towers were all over the front covers of the papers. Terrible pictures of people jumping from windows, fire and smoke.

After the events, I found myself wondering why there are people in the world who would do such a thing. Its a horrible world we live in. I wouldn't be surprised if another World War starts tomorrow, over two world leaders wearing the same suit to a conference. -_-

When th events of 7/7 happened over here, I felt the same sence of panic in everyone, even years down the line. The rumors that when around... It was the day after we got the Olympic bid, and everyone was saying it was the French bombing us because they were pissed that they didn't get it, some were saying WW3 was going on... It all happened on the one day I forgot to bring my phone into school too. People were running around the school crying, trying to find a phone to see if everyone they knew as ok.

Obviously, 9/11 was much bigger (sorry for going off topic back then) than what happened here, but I think it was the same kind of boat we were all in. Everyone seemed to be working together, helping eachother, sticking together, being a team. You know, its funny how it takes something horrific to happen for us all to unite, and help someone you wouldn't normally help when put in this position.

If we all worked as a team before disaster strikes, there would never be a disaster.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Duragon
    Even 7 years on I still have a niggling suspicion in the back of my mind that the entire thing was just a conspiracy pre-planned and executed by the US government. It’s not inconceivable to think that the US government attacked itself in order to give themselves a reason to invade Iraq and steal their millions upon millions of dollars of oil supplies. At any rate, whether it was caused by terrorists or the US government one thing remains the same – it was an unbelievably tragic even of biblical proportions. God bless them all and may it never happen again.
    Last edited by Duragon; 09-25-2008 at 11:43 AM.

Well, this is a subject well discussed over the past several years. I for one believe that many people have forgotten, yes, but it is well-remembered by those physically affected by it. The same thing with the developments in the Middle East. For those who have lost something personally(i.e. family members or dear friends), then they will never forget. I have found myself at times forgetting. I live in Utah. I am 3/4s of the country away. I don't know anyone who lives in New York. My closest friend to that area lives in Maryland, and I only just got to know her about three years ago. So, not a big thing there. I didn't know her then and I don't even know if she lived there at the time.

Someone else has mentioned the other "terrorist" experiences this nation has gone through. Those are well to be remembered, although again, for the most part, I wasn't affected by those either. The Oklahoma City bombing. Columbine. There are so many others. Those ought to be MORE than remembered. It doesn't do to just reminisce about different things. We ought to make a plan, at least within ourselves, to always remember what we can learn from. That is all linked to what we can do in the future. Yes, if we all stand against something, then no little force can stand against it. I'm not here to dis the pain that everyone has gone through, but we are all people who have the power to change as well.

Personally, I think there is another issue at hand. For the most part, I think the American news glosses over world news at large. I haven't heard much of the goings-on world-wide for quite some time and I don't like having the feeling of being held in ignorance of something.

I believe that World War III is coming and it might happen at any time. Like with the previous world wars, the situations everywhere were bound by endless tensions and just a spark of something beginning would throw everything out of balance.

But whether it is going to be a war of dynamic proportions that will shake the very foundations upon which we live or whether it's going to be a war between just one or two countries in some unknown part of the world, there is always going to be some type of war going on until people at large learn to work within what they have, work together, and all agree that they have something to work towards in a common goal.

Lol. There's a lot more to talk about on this subject. One incident isn't going to define all the rest of history, but something that happens tomorrow may change the rest of our lives. We each have the power to work with that as well. Tomorrow holds infinite possibilities.

*stops typing lol*
    "No matter how dark the night, morning always comes, and our journey begins anew." -Lulu, FFX
    I don't believe in luck because God doesn't gamble.

No, I don't think anyone has literally forgotten. Some people may be trying to move on and some people may have become a bit numb to it all. rather then the tragedy itself, people seem to be more concerned with how poorly the actions taken against it were. This is probably the most logical reason as to why there are so many conspiracy theories about the incident, couple that with the fact that somehow bush got re-elected with such a poor approval rating. How can a superpower country and it's leader do as bad as they did on such a sensitive and major incident? Then continue to do such a shitty job on the real problem (Bin laden) and get totally sidetracked and misplace all its focus with another problem (Iraq)

So its not so much people have forgotten but the fact that the situation has evolved and people are either tired of it or have lost focus themselves...
    Playstaion ID: Setzer_All-in

- "Phoenix Downs are your friends. But remember Cloud they don't always work. I'm looking at yooou Aeris"

-"Immortal maybe... but not invincible!" -Prince (of Persia)

Sir Prize 9/11 and the U.S.A Sinister's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It was a rude awakening for a complacent country. I'm hoping that it taught us something...I'm not sure what though. In the end, it may have been just a grotesque loss of life that served no greater purpose. But I don't believe that.

But...*sigh* Not much good came of it that I can see. But then I've always leaned more to the pessimistic side. As far as it being forgotten...Not likely.

There hasn't been an incident like that in several decades, and hopefully there won't come another one anytime soon. But that was a bad year...

I was just telling Pablo Honey today, that I had been trout fishing near the Cumberland River and had been camped out there for several days, when a withered maniacal woman on a motorized wheelchair came screaming about planes bringing buildings down. My parents and I, thought that she was absolutely mad. Until we had gotten back to camp where we could hear the radio.

They stayed up all night, listening to the radio, never sleeping. I slept. For the rest of that year, my parents never watched anything but news broadcasts..

-Sin

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."