Thread: Bloodlust

Asking all the personal questions. Bloodlust RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries

Bloodlust

I was up on the hill watching the pitch black clouds travel towards our small farm the thunder rumbled in the distance and the black clouds would light up with flash of lightning, it was late afternoon and the chill of the strong winds that precede the summer storms was welcoming after the sticky, hot day that had just passed. I was rounding up the animals and stock to get them into the stables safe from the storm. The dog was rounding up the last of the sheep towards the gate that led down the fenced lane way to the stables, as the last animal went through I headed for the gate and quickly closed it behind the last sheep before he could attempt a charge at the opening, it saw that it wouldn’t have a chance and gave a little buck in agitation and ran off towards the stable. I latched the gate and noticed Lucky sitting beside me. He was looking at me for appreciation and attention I gave him a pat on the head and rubbed his ears playfully “Come on boy lets go inside before the storm hits” I said.

Lucky was only young when he wandered into or small farm injured from a fight, we healed him and took care of him and he has been loyal to us ever since.
    Mother was cooking a sweet smelling soup when I got home “Your back dear so soon dear, are all the animals in the stable” she asked me “Yes mother I replied, that storm looks bad I might check them later on tonight” I replied. We ate dinner in silence.
    I never knew my father mother said he died in a great war before I was born but some how I thought she was hiding the truth I never did ask my mother who or what my father really did it always pained her to talk about him so I left the topic alone.

The storm had reached the farm and it was loud, thunder cracked after each consecutive bolt of lightning and it was pouring down rain.
    “Thank you mother the soup was delicious I think I might go check on the animals”
    “Ok dear well I am going to go to bed, be careful dear”
    “Yes mother good night, here boy I called to Lucky”

I grabbed a lantern off the wall and lit it. Lucky and I went to the stables, I could hear the animals making distressed noises over the storm, I could also hear another vivid sound in between the thunder claps, it was a low rumble and it wasn’t thunder. I shrugged it off and entered the stables I tried to settle the animals down while Lucky played in the hay “Geez thanks for the help boy” I said jokingly to him. I managed to settle the animals down and they were a little bit calmer. I suddenly heard yelling it was a mans voice more to the point it was a group of men I could hear, I heard my mother scream a ran out of the stables into the pelting rain, the rain was cold against my skin as I looked towards the house and saw a large group of soldiers all on horse with one at the front of the group, he was dressed fancier than the others as though he was their leader. They were facing the door of the house and then the door slammed outwards kicked by a soldier he looked like he was struggling to get out of the house until I realised he was trying to drag my mother out with the help of another soldier who followed. “Leave her alone” I yelled unheard by the soldiers of the steady rain I bolted down to commotion Lucky overtook me barking and growling, he reached the first soldier and latched onto his leg the soldier yelled out in pain and another soldier hit lucky over the head with the hilt of his sword Lucky went limp obviously knocked out by the force the man used. Lucy’s attack had turned their attention my way I looked at my mother “Run” she yelled, but before I could think about it two soldiers had charged at me. I tried to run but I slipped in the mud, the soldiers caught me and held me with ease despite my attempts to struggle free I bit one on the hand he yelped and then hit me on the head, a jar of pain went through my head and neck, the blow half dazed me, they dragged me over to the circle that had now surrounded my mother.

“So this is him.” said the fancy dressed man, he had a moustache and his hair was done in a samurai pony tail he was drenching wet as we all were standing in the torrential down pour. I looked at my mother, she was staring into space her eyes closed I could see by the subtle movement of her lips that she was praying. Looked at her and than to the man again. “Give me the incantation” he said, mother continued praying “Give me the incantation” he shouted this time, mother stopped praying “No” she said in a calm, steel voice “You will never learn the secrets of his power” se said forcefully.
    “Fine he said, kill her we’ve no need for you, we have the boy that’s all we need”

One of the soldiers drew his sword, “NO!, leave her alone” just as his sword pierced her flesh she gasped in pain and then she fell to the mud, I jerked free of the soldiers hold and ran towards the soldier that had murdered my mother and started to hit him, he knocked me down with ease, I fell next to my mother who lay in the mud clutching her wound she reached out to me “I love you dear” she whispered “Mother..” I said as the tears started to flow, and the she closed her eyes and went limp. I cried and laid on my mother. I could feel the grief leave my body as a new more powerful feeling took over my body. I could feel the anger well up inside me, I had never felt this before one of the soldiers tried to pull me up and all of a sudden the power that was building up inside me was released.. Everything was blank………

I woke with a start also waking Shadow who flew up with fright. “Its okay Shadow, just a nightmare” in fact it wasn’t just a nightmare.

It has been 17 years since my mother was killed that dark night the last thing I could remember was everything going black and when I came to all the soldiers were dead in a mangled mess and Nobunaga had lost two limbs but was still alive. My mothers body had disappeared so I ran far away and as fast as I could.
    I vowed that i would find Nobunaga when i was strong enough and get revenge for my mother.
    I was never welcome in any village as a young lad because of my appearance, because of my cursed red eyes. I was often shunned as the spawn of the devil. I ended up being chased away from every village I came across. As a young boy I would sneak in and steal food and then sleep in the stables and arise before the owners would come to milk the cows and set off to the next village. One night I made the mistake of stealing some sake and getting drunk, I slept in to long and was discovered and beaten badly, I was thrown out onto the road by the owner and left for dead. If it wasn’t for Shadow I would have been carrion food, Shadow had chassed off the scavengers that wanted to feast on my flesh, for what reason was unknown to me at the time but I was grateful.

I was found shortly later by a wandering mercenary his name was Jubei Yagu he took me in and brought me before his clan elders, I over heard them talking about a dark power and it landing into the wrong hands, I heard them say I was bad fortune so my tutelage was bestowed upon Jubei’s conscious and any ill omen would smite him alone.
    Jubei called me Raven because of the raven that followed me everywhere, he taught me everything I needed to survive, the ways of a warrior mastery of the sword and the quill and the secret arts of the Ida ninja clan that he himself had learnt many yeas ago in his travels. I was often asked to have practice duals with the other boys of the clan, they also began to despise me as I was never bested in a dual, they would often jeer at me and call me a demon, one boy hated me more than the others he was a few years younger than me his name was Saito he never talked and never crossed my path and he would always stare at me in contempt.
    I would often run away for days at a time but Jubei without fail would find me and bring me back.
    He continued t teach me everything he knew and even taught me the secrets of the Yagu clan that he had learnt from his father. We became close and I looked up to him I eventually started calling him father, and then the time of my boyhood was to come to a end and the last part of my training was to begin my transition into man hood. This included leaving the clan for years at a time, I saw several of the older boys leave and come back a year or two later, I would be jealous and wish I could travel and now that I had reached the age it was my time.
    Jubei wished me well on my travels but the rest of the clan seemed glad to see me off.

I said good bye to Jubei and walked away with my pack of rations on my back and a flask of water on my sash.
    I didn’t look back and only thought of my vow to revenge my mother...

I grabbed my sword with blinding speed as I heard a rustle in the bushes, I drew my sword slightly and saw the familiar green glow the blade gave off , my sight adjusted to the night the moon was full so it was a clear and bright night, Shadow squawked quietly, questionally “Shhh,” I whispered softly to him, I leaped to my feet and drew my sword completely with a swoosh just as the ginger cat slinked out of the bushes it looked at me inquisitively and then to Shadow, but it had already caught a meal and was satisfied and tired and strode off towards the nearby village to fall asleep at its masters feet.
    “I am to paranoid Shadow” I said to him as I sheathed Jato back into its home the glowing ceased as it clipped into place. I laid back down under the willow tree, its hanging branches swaying softly in the cool night air. Shadow settled back onto his perch on a nearby bush and squawked in satisfaction and fell silent.
    I could hear the faint noise and rabble of the local Inn as drunkards fought and laughed as I fell back to sleep thinking of what tomorrow will have in store.
    Last edited by RamesesII; 03-08-2009 at 07:53 AM.

Blog Entries
    (OOC: when i mentioned i was from a continent far north I was refering to the england/europe area...Ill add it to my ooc)

Andrew looked out to sea. Across the sea and over the horizon he would be in the territory known as Japan. Compared to Great Britin this country was a very small area. It was Andrew's task to find a leader among the Jappanees people named Nobunaga, he was supposed to be a large threat to the United Kingdom's economy and it was a known fact that this Nobunga was raising an army...but that was all Andrew knew.
    "Ah im sure he will have a castle or somthing, he should not be too hard to find."
    Ever since Andrew was a small boy he had been training to become a Knight. He had been obsesed with Weapons,armor and the ways of fighting. He was also very excited to have a chance to observe the ways of the great warriors known as the "Samurai" and the "Ninja", he hoped mabey he could learn somthing from them.
    Disuised as a normal trade ship, Andrew set sail for the Land of the Rising sun. He was going to reach the shore within a few days. As Andrew was lost in thought he lay in his bed in the ships cabin and let the soothing sounds of the sea calm his mind. He soon drifted off into a deep sleep.
    Last edited by HUNK; 03-19-2009 at 03:25 PM. Reason: horid spelling

He walked as silent as death like an assassin stalking his prey. Saito however did not know who his prey was exactly. He suspected a man with crimson eyes was behind his clan demise, but he couldn't be sure for all the man knew it could have been his hatred for Raven which guided his mind to that conclusion. Saito's code demanded he be sure of the villain before he killed them. His been walking for longer than he could remember looking for information on survivors of his clan, and for what happened to his clan.

Saito remembered that a lot of his friends didn't like Raven too much. Some he knew because they weren't his match in battle, others because he had garnered the attention of master Jubei. Saito didn't hate the youth for that, Saito's hate came from what he felt was inside the lad. Inside Raven was darkness. Saito knew this some how may be it was the uneasy feeling he felt when the warrior was near him, or may be it was the way his body got colder when they crossed paths, whatever it was it led to Saito not trusting him and later to hating him.

In fact it was his hate for Raven which is why he took two years training with the elements. Saito wanted to make sure he was one with the elements and his sword before he returned to the clan. Now he wished he would have returned sooner, may be he could have prevented his clan from falling. Saito sighed and came to a stop he was a day or two away from a town, so he decided to make camp under the stars.

“I shall find the truth, I shall punish the wrong doer and avenge my clan. I swear this to all who would hear me.” he said before he went to sleep.

Blog Entries
    I heard them before i saw them. There was two of them waiting in the edge of the forest, waiting for the right moment to launch their attack on me.
    I was not alarmed i hoped up and stretched, i made out as if i didn't notice them, i listened to their breath and their beating hearts race, the adrenaline running through their veins and then with lightening speed they attacked. Everything slowed down i could see them clearly in the fading moonlight, one behind one in front i had enough time to study the first one he was in black ninja garments and his face was not young but it wasn't wrinkled with age he also had a scar running across his right cheek.
    He rushed at me with a short katana, darting side to side almost like a blur, in an effort to confuse me, while his partner had jumped in the air ready to strike me in the back. I side stepped the second assassins attack from behind he landed crouched inches from where i was standing, before he had time to react i drew Jato from its resting place and sliced upwards under him he dodged just in time to save his life but caught the blade on his arm slashing his arm open it spurted blood he screamed in pain and tried to stop the blood, the first attacker had materialised behind me like a shadow he went for my throat, i spun out of the line of attack his blade missing by millimeters, i was standing right beside him i slashed Jato in a sweeping slice my sword went straight through his image as if it was mist and then dissapeared "Shit,the Tribe" i said as i heard the whizz of the shuriken flying towards me i summoned a tornado from Jato around me negating the effect of the shuriken which fell to the ground at my feet. He paused out of swords reach from me. "What affairs does the Tribe have" i asked him.

The Tribe are a group of highly skilled assassins with special skills running through their blood skills only the Tribe posses. The Tribe consist of five family's the Kikuta, Muto, Kuroda, Kudo and Imai the deadliest being the Kakuta who were the better assassins they could create second images of themselves like my assailant they could also go invisible for short amounts of time and hear exceptionally well among other talents. The other families didn't have as many talents and were mainly used for spyng and information collecting.

He stood silent studying me, his partner had presumably lost consciousness due to loss of blood he was clearly not from the Tribe.
    "Who sent you" of course i knew i was not going to get an answer.
    He went invisible "Shit" i could hear his foot steps. I could feel the hunger from Shinigami "Ok, ok just be patient" I summoned her from her clip and sent her off spinning into the shadows
    "Go find you victim" i said.
    "You missed" I heard the assassin say as he re-appeared to my side striking at me quickly, i just dodged his attack.
    "Or did i" i said to him just as Shinigami came flying out of the shadows and thudded into the back of his neck. The force of her hitting him threw him to the ground. He died instantly. I could feel her satisfy her hunger as she returned to her place on my back.
    I walked over to the second assassin, i checked his pulse, he was dead as well either from loss of blood or ingesting a poison capsule.
    I sheathed Jato back into place, the roosters were starting to **** to the rising sun the village stired to the begining of the day.
    "Thanks for your help" i sarcastically thought spoke to Shadow.
    "I knew you could handle them yourself, so why should i have to get my feathers dirty" he spoke mockingly in my head.

My plan to reach Nobunaga was to to work my way through his loyal retainers one by one, that way I would get his attention, enough to draw him out. I had a informant in the village that i was going to visit, but i didn't like sleeping in the villages. I would rather the company of the stars and the moon to that of drunken men so i usally slept on the outskirts of town.
    "Ok lets go" i said to shadow and headed into town.

Blog Entries
    Andrew's shp had pulled into a small town in the heart of japan and Andrew was going to take a look around before moving out to find Nobunaga.

Andrew looked around and saw no stone castles like the ones he was used to seeing but saw small houses built of wood and straw roofs. "Wow this place is so wierd..."

Just then Andrew was attacked by a man with a dagger. "Alright now kid give me all your money and I wont have to hurt you."
    "hmmm....You wouldn't happen to be a ninja would you? No? Alright then there would be no honnor in killing you..."

The man leaped at Andrew and Andrew quickly sidesteped and put one hand on the mans dagger and stuck his foot out tripping the man and taking his weapon. The man saw that Andrew had his weapon and knew he couldn't take him without it so Andrew threw his dagger on the roof of a nearby house.

"You lose ser."
    Andrew turned and walked around to the nearby forest deciding that it was time to leave before he was attacked agiain.

Saito woke before the sun was up. He was ready again to continue his journey for the truth. He had heard rumors about a war being wage in Japan for power, as of yet he hadn't heard who was behind this war.

Saito knew if the country was going to be under the attack be one of the lords, then he would have to abadon his search for revenge when summoned by the lord of his clan. Saito heart grew heavier as he thought about this, his fist clench around the hilt of his blade, his pace quickened. Saito sped into the nearest village. He would have answers.

Blog Entries
    Raven and Shadow headed into town to source out the where abouts of one of Nobunagas retainers.
    The plan was to starve Nobunaga of his followers until he had no one to help him then he would fight one on one with Nobunaga and seek revenge for his mother.

Raven strode into the nearest tavern and walked up to the bar.
    The tavern went silent at the sight of him. Raven didn't care he walked up to the tavern master "I am looking for Matsamori Saki, i hear he is the lord in these regions. Where can i find him?" he asked the tavern master.
    "You are not welcome here devil!" spat the tavern master back "Leave or i shall summon the patrol"
    "Come on old chap control your anger and we will leave and find information somewhere else" Shadow commented to Raven.

"I guess i will have to use force to get my anwsers, oh well" raven grabbed the man by his greasy shirt and pulled him onto the bar "Tell me where i can find him or i shall beat it out of you!"
    By now two of the patrons had run outside, most likely to fetch the guards, never mind i will deal with them Raven thought to himself.
    Terrified the man stammered "I wont tell you anything scum" just as two guards stormed through the doors.
    "LET HIM GO!" one of them shouted.
    The people in the tavern started to evacuate the area sensing a fight about to break out.
    "Oh no here we go again" said Shadow.
    "Shush, you know you love it" Raven told Shadow.
    Raven let the man go who scuttled off into the backroom like a wounded puppy.
    "A word of advice don't waste your lives, go home to your families you are no match for me."
    One of the guards spat on the ground in disgust "Don't be stupid scum we have the advantage of number, plus we have back up, all you have is that stupid bird."
    "Stupid bird! I will have you know that the Raven is one of the smartest species there is!" said Shadow as he squawked in protest.
    "You know they can't hear you" Raven said.

Two more guards had entered the room itching for a fight thankful for the break from the monotonous patrolling.
    The guards had their swords drawn and started to circle Raven and surround him.
    "So if its a fight you want it is a fight you will get"

Baal
    The assassin had just waked from his slumber. He did not dream and when he did he did not care to remember what he dreamed about. YoungBlood preferred to sleep during the day because he was best at his skill at night. He was sleeping on the roof of the tavern but he woke when he heard the door open and people run out. It was unusual for people to do that so he decided to check out what was happening.

He crouched by the door looking in to see four guys surrounding another guy that he did not recognize. He did know the four guys as the village’s guards. They had their swords drawn and were circling him. This had nothing to do with him so he decided to leave and find another roof to sleep on.

As he started walking he saw a thief in the ally waiting for him to cross so he could ambush him and YoungBlood was ready for this. When he crossed, and before the thief could attack the assassin had already threw a throwing knife at him and now it was in the thieves’ neck. He knew that some one would find the body soon so he had to get out of town as fast as possible. YoungBlood was gone before the body ever hit the floor.

Blog Entries
    Now with the guards circling him he had no choice but to fight his way out.

Th guards made their move simultaneously lunging at Raven swords raised striking head high.

*Clang* the swords of the guards all met in the middle, but the guards were all now looking at each other Raven wasn't at the end of their swords.

Raven had ducked at exactly the right moment and was now crouching on the ground in the centre of the guards attack, Raven withdrew his sword and spun slashing at the guards hands, the guards yelled in pain and dropped their swords.

Despite their injuries two of the guards lunged at Raven bare handed.
    The first guards struck Raven in the stomach with a well placed blow, Raven doubled over in pain not expecting a quick attack from the injured men, the second blow met it's mark on Raven's chin, Raven fell back shocked by the blow. The guards retrieved their swords ready to deliver the final blow but Raven was ready, the guards strik donwards towards him Rven raised his sword and blocked both swords in mid strike, he then parried their swords to the one side using the weight of their blow to over balance them giving him his opportunity, Raven struck at both guards with two consecutive slashes to the mid section openning up deep slashing wounds on their stomachs, both guards fell to the floor dead from loss of blood.

Raven stood up and noticed the other two guards who had been watching they stared at him frightened and made a dash for the door fleeing with their lives.

"Now wheres my informant?" Raven said?
    "Last i saw hw ran into the back" came Shadow's voice in his head.
    "Right let us get what we came for then get out of here before more guards come."

Blog Entries
    Andrew walked out of the town he was in for he did not want to go around getting into trouble. Even though he was a thief, the man Andrew defeated was surely going to tell the guards or whoever is in charge around here. "Im still not to sure how these people act, they may just kill me if I meddel in their affairs and get caught." As a matter of fact all Andrew knew about the Japanese was their language and a few things about their warriors...its all he found to be important.

Andrew walked through the nearby forest for what seemed like hours...night was already approaching and he really needed to find a place to stay. Thankfully Andrew found a small town inn, in which he decided would be a good place to rest for the night. Andrew went up to the counter and payed for a nights stay, but he was not quite ready for bed just yet, somthing was calling him to the inn's tavern.

Andrew went on in and saw only a few people, just the regular crowd he assumed, so he didn't think anyone would care if he sat down for a drink. He ordered a drink and sipped on it as he sat down and thought of his mission. "If I am to ever find Lord Nobunaga then I must first find and defeat his retainers and other...perhaps generals.
    As he thought, a man walked into the tavern. Andrew glanced at the man through the corner of his eye the man was dressed strangly and carried weapons. Andrew herd him mutter somthing about an informant, apparently this man was on a mission...Andrew figured he had best avoid getting into a fight but at the same time wondered if perhaps this man was working for Lord Nobunaga...

"Excuse me ser. I see you carry weapons, mind if I ask you a few questions about them? I am studying fighting styles across the world and wanted to find out about japanese warriors."

Blog Entries
    (OOC- sorry about the wait HUNK, by the way i have edited my character as well there was something i thought was silly so i got rid of it, check it out in the ooc)

Raven headed for the back room where he last remembered seeing the tavern keeper flee too when he heard a voice in a dark corner of the tavern.

"Excuse me ser. I see you carry weapons, mind if I ask you a few questions about them? I am studying fighting styles across the world and wanted to find out about Japanese warriors." the strange warrior said to him.

Raven was quite taken aback and did not realize the man was there, he thought everyone had evacuated before the fight.
    Raven edged closer to this stranger and noticed the foreign attire and weapon, he did not carry a Katana or any local weapon at all instead he carried a two edged straight sword similar to the swords of the neighbouring country but more ridgid and longer. very alien to the weapons he himself used. Even though Raven was walking closer to the stranger he still had too squint to make out his apperance from the shadows.

"Do you mind if i ask you the same question stranger, what manner of weapons and Armour do you accustom to?"

Blog Entries
    "Oh well I do suppose I may look a tad strange...compared to the normal types of armor around here. This is called Chainmail, it can offer someprotection from arrows and crossbow bolts and is easy to wear under my other sets of armor. My real armor is in my room here at the inn, its made of full plated steel, simalar metal to the kind your swords are made of...but then again japanese steel is rumored to be the strongest."

Andrew looked and noticed Raven eyeing his sword.
    "As for my sword, its just a straight blade. Much like the kattana, but to me is a bit more realiable. You see its long enough that I can use it with both hands but its short enough that I can use it with one hand and pair it with a shield."

"Of cource I bable now, please tell me a bit about your weapons." Andrew glanced off twords the door of the inn's pub and saw a very well dressed samurai.
    Hmm, Mayhap he is one of the retainers to Lord Nobunaga. Is he after the very warrior with whom I speek! I best be ready for anything.

Blog Entries
    Raven listened to the stranger as he told him of his foreign weapons and strange plate mail amour, how could you produce exquisite swordsmanship with amour like that Raven thought to himself, after he had finished he had once again asked him about his own weapons to which he replied
    "My weapons are.. how can you say it... special, i personally made my sword but my shuriken found me and drew me towards it to which it then connected to me and has become a part of me but that's all i can divulge at this moment because i am on an important quest and i don't have the time to chat."
    "I was after some information but my informant seems to have fled while i was distracted with those guards and now i have to chase him down, and thanks to you delaying me he will have got further away now so if you will excuse me i must be on my way"

With that he walked for the back room full well knowing that the bar tender would have fled through the back door to escape his questioning, but just as Raven went to walk around the bar a dark and tall figure emerged in the door way of the inn.
    Raven stopped and turned to inspect the new stranger.
    "Ah that is one of Nobunaga's retainers" said Shadow in thought speak.
    Raven cocked his head towards Shadow "How do you know this my friend"
    "See what he wears, imperial military attire, it shows his ranking in Nobunagas army it means he is high up and see there he is flanked by his gaurds which means he has too be a retainer"

That was enough information for Raven he turned slowly not to attract to much attention and strode slowly towards the warrior, in response the two guards jumped forward and blocked his path towards the warrior.
    " How dare you approach the lord, halt right where you are do not come any closer" said one of the tensed guards.
    "Bow before my lord now you insolent fool" the other guard demanded

Raven purposefully kept up his slow pace towards the guards and noticed they they were getting very tense to his approach.
    "I am deeply apologetic for my insolence how shall i address the lord" Raven asked sarcastically.

"You will address him as Lord Tenako you commoner now bow"

'I prefer to stand" Raven answered all the while Lord Tenako stood calmly watching the commotion with a smug smile on his face.

"So you are one of Nobunagas retainers are you?" Raven demanded of Lord Tenako.

"Of cours.." one of the guards started before Raven cut him off.
    "What your Lord can not speak for himself?"

Raven rested his hand on the hilt of sword waiting for Lord Tenako's answer.

Blog Entries
    Andrew listened to the native warrior and was a bit offended by his rudness but at the same time realised he was in a hurry. "Well Lord rest his soul..." Andrew muttered under his breath.

As the well dressed samurai walked into the room he was quickly accompanied by two lower-class guards. The warrior Andrew decided was a ninja walked straight forward twords the retainer of Lord Nobunaga and was seeming to challenge him.

"Ill wait and see if this is really a threat, hey if not mabey I can head home." Andrew watched closely but stayed at his seat holding his drink.