Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Americans of TFF

Yup you fit the build, so as second in command I accept your application and welcome you to the Americans of TFF!
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Blog Entries
    heh, one of the kids that I work with is in absolute adoration for Brett Favre, so much that he has a DVD collection of his whole life basically and I normally watch it with him every single morning at 8AM when I worked with him over the summer. With that in mind, the Jets lost pretty badly the other night, so that gives me a chance to tease him now!

As for you Meier Link, why not do the Mr and Mrs Smith setup? Telling by your pics you can pull off a Brad Pitt pretty easily, which is a talent in itself. But Halloween reminds me of this one year when I was so sick with allergies, my mom drugged me up with some medicine which caused me to fall asleep, missing the whole halloween night entirely! I think that dropped me to a permanent all time low;the life of a 7 year old can't get much worse when you miss all the free candy you can get because you're sleepy and sick.

Speaking of Brad Pitt, what about the fall movies? anyone see Burn after Reading? And for the record, dispite that Rolling Stone gave Righteous Kill low ratings, I thought it was an ok flick. I'll warn you though, if you've seen one Pacino movie, you've seen them all. The one with Samuel L Jackson looked pretty good too, forgot what it was called.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Such activity! School has been taking all of my free time. I took on a double major, and I regret it already.

As for football, my Miami Dolphins destroyed the New England Patriots on Sunday. Amazing time, indeed. They won't be a playoff team, but they are getting better.

I am excited for Halloween. I just like the atmosphere, and an excuse to wear a costume and drink.

Welcome Sasquatch!

Gingersnap Americans of TFF OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I was wondering when Sasquatch would join. It seems only right.

Halloween! I'm going shopping this weekend! I already have a costume in mind that I am so pleased with. And I'm getting window shit and hanging up purple lights. And... making pumpkin pie. I'm so excited! I love October. What a good month.

And even if it IS commercialized, I love me some Christmas. I make so many ginger cookies. And so much fudge. Mmmm. That, and I actually really like my family.
    Last edited by OceanEyes28; 09-23-2008 at 09:30 PM.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Registered User Americans of TFF Dimi's Avatar
    Seems I haven't posted in a while either. I am ready to represent being an AMERICAN!!!

As for the holidays, they're coming up pretty fast. I'm definitely looking forward to Halloween this year. For some reason, I'm definitely in the mood to help out decorate the house, have this insane costume, and go hang out with friends and have a great time. This year, I might however go to L.A. to this Halloween festival they have. My friends told me that it's really fun and stuff. BUT, I NEED TO DEFINITELY GO TO A HAUNTED HOUSE THIS YEAR. And not those amusement parks one but like an actual one if that's possible. ><

And I love Thanksgiving. The food's good. That's like the only day in my life where I can just have a great time with my family and not have things be chaotic. Maybe it's the food that causes it. Who knows. But I love my turkey, my ham, my mash potatos, and my pumpkin die.

Registered User Americans of TFF HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah its halloween. I am going to the haunted house my aunt runs. I went last year and i really liked it.

As for costumes ill probebly do a HUNK costume beacuse i finally have found the stuff needed to pull that kind of costume off.

I only did a check of the last three pages of posts in this thread, and I haven't seen any discussion some something kind of major going on here in the states. There were the major drops in the stock market after I think AIG and Washington Mutual went down. Then there's also the whole $700 dollar bailout plan that was rejected by the House. I'm just kind of curious to see that that subject hasn't been brought up here yet.

Anyone's thoughts on how this could be managed? On what actually happened? AIG went to research what went wrong, and I don't know about Washington Mutual.

Just wondering since this is kind of important to all U.S. citizens.

Sir Prize Americans of TFF Sinister's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well...we could all leave the country. I kid...but. I'm not horribly economically savvy, but I had really expected people to go for the bailout. Now that they've shot that down and burned our economy a little. I've no idea. *shrugs* But I'm not totally ignorant... I know what this situation implies and It's not pretty.

-Sin

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

I do what you can't. Americans of TFF Sasquatch's Avatar
    The biggest cause of the current economic problems is simple -- subprime mortgages. In a simple explanation ... banks were forced to make loans to people who they knew wouldn't pay them back. Turns out, whaddya know, they didn't get paid back. Now, some people would expect you and I to fork out part of $700,000,000,000, because some others were too irresponsible not to take out loans that they couldn't pay back.

Letting the government control more is always a bad thing.

Sig courtesy of Plastik Assassin.

Greater love hath no man than this; that he lay down his life for his friends.
    John 15:13

Blog Entries
    Yeah i just realised that this could lead to a depression. My Parents are freaking out and i did not know very much about it until now. It seems that Bush dug us into a hole and it will take awhile to get out.

What do this really mean?

First of all, American club! I live there, so I suppose that qualifies me for joining, ne?

Lol, and NEXT. About the bailout plan...yeahhhh. I really expected people to go for it, but I guess it's too much to expect for people to actually think about the good of the country above their own prides. 9_9 I'm for it if it keeps the economy going, even if it came from a ton of people who just didn't know what they could do in the first place, didn't know what they could properly handle.

I'm surprised that this type of conversation hasn't started more discussion all around. I don't hear about it from anyone really...most of them just don't want to talk about it at all. This is shaping up to be the worst economic depression Americans have ever seen, if something isn't done NOW. And then, what are we to expect? Who is going to bail US out? I'm worried at what the extreme decisions will end up being. *shakes head* I don't think this is going to be a pretty next couple of years. <.<
    "No matter how dark the night, morning always comes, and our journey begins anew." -Lulu, FFX
    I don't believe in luck because God doesn't gamble.

Bass Player Extraordinaire Americans of TFF Joe's Avatar
    Ha, I can't believe I haven't joined yet! I've been meaning too, but I guess it's laziness >.<

I live in Eastern NC, about 45mins-and hour east of Raleigh. There's not much to do out here, which is why high speed interenet is such an awesome thing. about 90mins to 2 hours south there's an awesome live band. and Raleigh occasionally gets good concerts

The Bailout, and the economy slump? This has been brewing for ages now. Mostly because all this money is coming out of thin air. Our money isn't backed with anything. It's impossible to get credit now-a-days, and I'm glad that Congress didn't pass the bailout.

You can't solve a lack of money problem, by pulling more money out of thin air. The stock market will probably crash as well, but overall this won't affect most of the middle class' daily lives. A complete economic overhaul and change is necessary, else sooner or later, we'll be right back in the same boat.

Yeah, times are gonna get rough, but that's what happens when you let a select few credit/loan agencies controll the economy. and the Federal Reserve isn't helping. The Federal Reserve isn't a government agency. it's a private company. What it's doing, with it's constant printing of money. which is spent. is really just causing our economy to spiral further.
    (TFF Family):

My TFF Family:
    My Anime Addicted sister Athna Loveil
    My Unspoken Scabbia Loving Bro Fishie
    My Godsmack addicted brother Omega Weapon
    My Kooky Soap opera addicted sister Rikkuffx
    My Kinky Chipmunk Cousin Unknown Entity, because, you know, cousins can still do stuff in certain states.
    My Twin-like bro Ruin_Tumult
    Craven
    Slots still available, PM to join!

Quote Originally Posted by H.U.N.K View Post
    It seems that Bush dug us into a hole and it will take awhile to get out.
    Actually ... no. The hole was dug by Carter and Clinton. (Both Democrats, by the way.)

Carter created the CRA, which, as I mentioned, forced banks to give out high-risk loans. Loans they probably wouldn't get back. Loans that the banks knew they probably wouldn't get back -- but their choices were to make the high risk loans or to pay huge fines.

Enter Clinton, 1995. (I know, he didn't get into office in '95, but that's when the following events took place.) Greatly expanded the CRA, and created multiple other synonymous programs -- different names, same purpose. So at that point, we had multiple programs designed solely to force banks to make loans to people who they knew probably wouldn't pay them back.

I don't know if anybody else realizes this, but loaning money you won't get back ... it's kind of bad for business, you know?

Enter Bush. In '03 and '05, Bush tried to fix the CRA and other programs (read: tried to correct Clinton's bad policies), because some people saw this coming. Many warned of it -- including John McCain. Bush tries to overhaul the programs, and fails -- the concept had no support among Congressional Democrats. And let's face it, a majority of one or two in Congress doesn't make too much difference.

Democrat (Carter) started digging. Democrat (Clinton) decided to dig faster. Republican (Bush) tried to stop digging -- Democrats (Congress) wouldn't let him.

Now, I'm not a big fan of Bush. He's done plenty that I disagree with. I just wait until he actually does something wrong to blame him. And the fault for the current situation is none of Bush's.

Quote Originally Posted by musicrocksgbv View Post
    About the bailout plan...yeahhhh. I really expected people to go for it, but I guess it's too much to expect for people to actually think about the good of the country above their own prides.
    First, it's not our pride that we're trying to save, it's our money.

I'm not up for paying any part of $700,000,000,000 because people weren't responsible with their own money.

And second ... a bailout would not only teach corporations that they don't have to be responsible because Uncle Sam (i.e. American taxpayers) will cover their asses -- and lead every failing company to expect the same -- it would also let the government control more and more of our economy. Private business and industry is what has driven America's economy for more than two hundred years, and it's proven, tested, and found true.
    I'm for it if it keeps the economy going, even if it came from a ton of people who just didn't know what they could do in the first place, didn't know what they could properly handle.
    So you're perfectly fine having your money taken away to be given to support less responsible people?
    This is shaping up to be the worst economic depression Americans have ever seen, if something isn't done NOW.
    Far from it. The stock market will dive a bit, there will be more investing in "safer" industries, the economy's growth will slow, the CRA and it's sister organizations will be overhauled (finally), large private corporations will no longer be forced to lose money, and we'll climb back out of it.

You know all this liberal talk about how we've let the "Wall Street party" go on, let it all go "unchecked", and how more government control and oversight is the only way to solve this problem? No way. Government control is what caused the problem. The sooner we realize that, the better.

This wasn't a bailout of the banks. It was a bailout of the people. People borrowed money, didn't pay it back, and the banks went broke -- so the idea was to take money from even more (and more responsible) people -- emphasis on the word take, by force if necessary -- and give it to the banks instead of the people who should be giving their money (back) to the banks. It would be like me borrowing twenty bucks from you, you falling on hard times, and instead of me paying you back, somebody else gives you money and tells you to forget about me.

(Or, more accurately, somebody else takes a dollar each from twenty other people and gives it to you, then tells you that he now gets to decide what you do with your money. Oh, and let's not forget the fact that this same person told you that if you didn't give me twenty dollars in the first place, he would make you pay him twenty-five dollars.)
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 09-30-2008 at 10:44 AM.

Dont have time to properly respond to this thread right now but I just wated to say, welcome to the club musicrocksgbv on behalf of me and wrey. I will add more to this later.

United, we move as one

My awards:

Welcome, music! I will add you to the roster.

Nice to see such activity, and I hope it lasts. I know what political talk can lead to, so I am going to try and change it up.

The summer is for blockbusters, but the fall and winter are for great films. Anyone looking forward to a particular movie?

I just saw Burn After Reading, and I thought it was a great film. Go see it if you like comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by musicrocksgbv
    I'm surprised that this type of conversation hasn't started more discussion all around. I don't hear about it from anyone really...most of them just don't want to talk about it at all.
    Kind of what I was thinking. The forums haven't even touched this, and when I went into the club and saw no discussion on it, I was kind of weirded out. It's actually funny that I hear talk about it all over my school though.

Quote Originally Posted by Joesteel
    You can't solve a lack of money problem, by pulling more money out of thin air. The stock market will probably crash as well, but overall this won't affect most of the middle class' daily lives. A complete economic overhaul and change is necessary, else sooner or later, we'll be right back in the same boat.
    The House is meeting up again on Thursday to retalk it. It's not anything of a long term solution, but it'll work for a short term one. Then, it'll crash and burn, leaving people mad and without any money. I guess that's why it was voted against (though barely more than half did so). I just wonder what they all think now after the third dip in the Dow. That might push a few more reps into voting for it, and then we'll have some fun.

Oh, let it stay a while longer. There are no other places where this is talked about on the forums. It is something important going on in the country at the moment, and I thought that was why the club was started. To discuss the going-ons of America.

I am cool with as long as the facts are talked about, not political slander. And you know what I am talking about. Lets keep this conversation peaceful and respectful and remember most of all try not to slander other peoples political stances or what they beleive. Any hostile posts, flamming or flamebaiting and I will redirect the conversation out the door.

I like wrey have seen what political conversations can bring about and it is not pretty for the most part. Remember that peoples opinions are their own, even if you do not agree with them.

I will say this one more time and stress it, play nice! If this does not go well, it will be a very lonnnnggg time before I will think to permit it again.

::edit:: I would also like to add since I am approving this with out being able to talk to wrey, I am going to read every post more then once, and if I deem it offencive or if someone reports it to me we will end the topic, agreed? If not oh well that is how it is going to be.

:edit 2:
    Please remember that wrey has the option to veto me on this and if so his words are final.
    Last edited by Meier Link; 09-30-2008 at 07:58 PM.

United, we move as one

My awards:

Meier and I are in agreement.

We can talk about politics, as long as it is done in a civil manner. Personally, I don't think most people can, as it always becomes a left versus right argument, but we can try.

Just remember, we are all Americans. Unlike those pesky Australians.

Blog Entries
    Indeed lets change the conversation....

Im not really looking forward to any movies but there are a few out that i would like to see. Im waiting for the next Resident Evil Movie but im not sure when it will come out.

Anyone watch the debate tonight? What are your thoughts?

United, we move as one

My awards:

I think Palin did a good job of holding her own, and shrugged off quite a few of the accusations that she's stupid or unprepared.

The Republicans are finally doing something I appreciate now, which is going aft Obama/Biden for focusing on Bush. McCain isn't Bush, there's no need to focus on the past, especially when they claim to be a party of change for the future. McCain is trying to take Bush's place, and Obama and Biden can only bitch about how bad Bush was.

It's good to see, on the other hand, that Biden didn't attack Palin, like he's got a reputation of, on the idea that Palin "would be a heartbeat away from the Presidency". Sure, McCain's old -- though there's nothing to say that he would or wouldn't die in office. You know what else? Barack Obama is a 47-year-old black smoker -- if he dies (whether it be of natural causes, or he's assassinated, like so many liberals claim has a high probability of happening), Biden would take office. If Obama -- a middle-aged black smoker -- died, and Biden -- who is 65, with his own health problems -- died, you know who would take office? Nancy Pelosi.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 10-02-2008 at 10:37 PM.

Blog Entries
    Im sorry to say that i did'nt watch the debate but i have heard that they have decided to pass the goverment bailout plan. Do you think this is a good thing or a bad thing, beacuse there are mixed feeling around having this plan put into action?

To me the first bail out plan was a huge joke, lets had someone in politics a signed blank check for 700,000,000,000. But this one seems more thought out. And the concept is a good one of implimented properly which is where the second bail out plan comes into effect. If things are done the way they should be then I can see it being a benifit for all lower class/ middle class tax payers in the end. The down fall is they are saying that it will take about 6 months to notice the affects of this bill. but hopefully this will truly "bail" all of us out.

United, we move as one

My awards:

I kind of addressed the VP debate already, although apparently we shouldn't talk politics here. I'd be glad to discuss it more, but it ain't up to me.

As far as anything else ... I learned about a group called G.W. Exotic the other day -- they're an animal rescue type program, mainly with big cats (tigers, lions, etc.). They are having a show in the local mall ... they do a little magic show, etc. The awesome thing is that they have cats there to play with. Two five-month-old ligers, a four-month-old white Bengal tiger, two nine-week-old Siberian tigers, and three four-week-old ligers. And fo a few bucks ($15), somebody can go into the big cage-thing and play with some of them for eight minutes. (They're kept seperate -- the older three in one section, the two middle in another, and the three young ones in another.) Friday (I think), when I saw them, I sat with the three young ligers and played with them ... it was incredible. Honestly, I've always loved big cats, and I'll probably never have an opportunity to come that close to one again, even a young one like that. I get into the cage, the guy closes the gate, I sit down Indian-style, and two little ligers immediately crawl into my lap. One kept trying to gnaw on me -- they're teething -- but the guy that was in there kept shooing him away.

So I figured today I'd go back and do it again. And today, they let me in with the two Siberian tigers. One slept for most of the time, until she woke up and realized her brother was in my lap, then she wanted to be in my lap, too. And once she got there, she immediately resumed trying to fall asleep again.

It was ... indescribable. Really, I don't know how I would describe it. It's a high. Amazing.

Other than that ... the Bears beat the hell out of the Lions today, which was awesome, and the Falcons -- my second favorite team -- beat the Packers, in Green Bay. (I really am a Falcons fan, and not just because I'm a fan of anybody playing the Packers.) The Cubs lost last night, which means they're out of the playoffs ... but the Brewers lost today, which means they're out, and even though the White Sox are ahead, they're behind two games to none, or two games to one if they win today. It would have been great to have a Chicago World Series (you KNOW there would have been huge riots, no matter who won), but now that the Cubs are out, screw the Sux. I'd kind of like to see the Dodgers take it all -- they knocked the Cubs out, and it'd be a way for Joe Torres to flip the bird to the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I kind of addressed the VP debate already, although apparently we shouldn't talk politics here. I'd be glad to discuss it more, but it ain't up to me.
    Actually if you read my post and James' post that where posted on 9/30/08 we have decided to let political conversations go on here unless they are uncivil. so if you feel like talking politics then go right ahead.

So I figured today I'd go back and do it again. And today, they let me in with the two Siberian tigers. One slept for most of the time, until she woke up and realized her brother was in my lap, then she wanted to be in my lap, too. And once she got there, she immediately resumed trying to fall asleep again.

It was ... indescribable. Really, I don't know how I would describe it. It's a high. Amazing.
    That is fricken awsome man, I bet it was a total trip. Seems like one heck of a rescue program.

United, we move as one

My awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Meier Link View Post
    Actually if you read my post and James' post that where posted on 9/30/08 we have decided to let political conversations go on here unless they are uncivil. so if you feel like talking politics then go right ahead.
    Political discussions can easily turn to bickering. I'll stay somewhat out of it, so at least I'm not the one to start.
    That is fricken awsome man, I bet it was a total trip. Seems like one heck of a rescue program.
    If I wasn't in the Army and didn't need to be back every month, I would be working for them right now. They travel 52 weeks a year, though, and it's not like I could come back whenever I felt like it. But for somebody without much to hold them down -- no relationship, family nearby, school, anything like that -- it'd be awesome.

My club, forgive me. School will not let up.

How about Wall Street? It fell to the lowest point since 2003. Ouch. About a week ago I was going to put some money in because I thought it had hit the bottom and that the bailout would help. I am sure glad I didn't.

If it keeps going down, we could be looking at a Depression. Scary thought.

Even with the bail out it was predicted to take 3-6 months before the effects could be felt on wall street. With stocks being at a low it would be a good time to invest for the bounce back, but then again who really knows if the 700,000,000,000 dollar bail out plan will really have that much of an impact on the economy.

United, we move as one

My awards:

Courage, Character, Confidence. Americans of TFF Lunasa's Avatar
    I know it's a bit late, but WHATEVER. I'm American and damn proud! That's a requirement OVERLOAD. May I join your club, despite it all?

"Let oneself make oneself a fool. Blind. Senseless. Confused."
    ~Anonymous

Lunasa I will glady accept you into our club. Welcome to the Americans of TFF! If you want to comment on any of our past conversations feel free to.

United, we move as one

My awards:

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast