Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Americans of TFF

Welcome Lunasa!

Well, we are getting close to Halloween. We talked about it a bit, but it hasn't been on my mind much until now.

What are you going to be? Will you be partying, trick-or-treating, or just handing out candy?

I need a good costume this year. Two years ago, I was a penguin - and then I went to a party with 15 people that somehow managed to have someone with the exact same penguin outfit. Last year, I was Jesus, and I didn't wear any underwear under my robe and lost my wig. This year needs to be better.

Registered User Americans of TFF HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Im going to be HUNK from Resident Evil....(big surprise)

Im not really sure what you should be but im normally a game charecter and no one recongnizes me and I just laugh about it. I love Halloween.

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Americans of TFF Polk's Avatar
    The only real thing I have planned is that I'm going to see GWAR the night of Halloween, though Trick or Treating beforehand would be awesome. The rest of that weekend, I'll be working, and at 10 o'clock at night, I don't feel like going out after working a long shift.

My next costume is going to be awesome when I actually get around to doing it. What is it? Green Man of course.

http://a174.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...d82147e9fd.gif

If you don't know, he's from "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia". And shame on you for not knowing.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Me and the wife are still unsure of what we are going to go as, or where we are going for that matter. We are suppose to go sometime this weekend and pick out my sons costume. We will probably take him to someplace like hallowzooween at the local zoo earlier in the day. And then ship him off to his grandpas for the eavining.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Blog Entries
    My teacher and I were discussing this in class and I wanted to know what everyone else thought sence it applies to all of us. We feel that most countries hate us here in America. I would not say hate us but i do agree with the fact that many countries dislike America.

Quote Originally Posted by H.U.N.K View Post
    My teacher and I were discussing this in class and I wanted to know what everyone else thought sence it applies to all of us. We feel that most countries hate us here in America. I would not say hate us but i do agree with the fact that many countries dislike America.
    From my understanding, it isn't that they hate us, it is that they hate our interventionist foreign policy. They are not happy that we involve ourselves in matters that they feel should be solved by themselves. In general, though, they like Americans and the money they used to spend on vacation, although with the falling dollar value that has declined dramatically.
    Last edited by Walter Sobchak; 10-21-2008 at 07:35 AM.

Gingersnap Americans of TFF OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm sure there are those that hate us or resent us, but I don't think it's everybody. I think more people feel that way about Bush and his administration than they do about all Americans. And I think they make fun of Americans more than they wish us dead.

You know what I resent, though? Finding out my absentee ballot application never got faxed because it never got through. AWESOME. I want to vote, damnit!
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Blog Entries
    Im not able to vote yet but i did take a online voting and I had to say I stand behind Barrak Obama a little bit more than I do John Mccain. I think that Obama will win the election but im not really to sure if either of them know what they are talking about....Im almost glad I cant vote.

I am not sure that I will be partisipating in the votes this year, how patriotic is that? Actually I am registered but I am not sure where haha. That is the delima I have.. Also I dilly dallied around and didn't get the voter registration card for my wife so she won't be able to vote either.

Any which way it goes I will support our resident completely.

So who if anyone went to Ocktoberfest? It is a huge thing here in Oklahoma and rated in the top 10 Ocktoberfest in the nation (I think it was placed at 6).

::edit::

From James D
    You, and Dimarik, should reveal your real names. Americans don't use no formalities (or usernames)!
    I dont know how I missed this oh so many pages ago, but I was reviewing some of the past conversations and saw it, as few already know my name is Westley, that is one of the few times I will post it on TFF and I really don't want it used outside of this club.
    Last edited by Meier Link; 10-24-2008 at 06:16 PM.

United, we move as one

My awards:

There is virtually no Oktoberfest where I live. It really is a foreign concept to most Floridians. Part of that is because it is still too hot to spend a large portion of the day outside.

Is it just an excuse to drink? Because I just call those Thursdays.

Yes here it is, there is also alot of German heritage that goes into it also though. There is a pretty interesting history that goes into the festival and it is put on by the German American Society. Basicly here it is a giant carnival that is more for adults.

Here is some info:
    2008 Tulsa Oktoberfest

I was really supprised when I woke up on Saturday and found that 85% of the hotel that we where staying in was occupied by Germans flown in just for the event. They where merchants, vendors, and bands.

woops I just realized I typoed in my prvious post and I am glad you caught it, it is Oktoberfest.

United, we move as one

My awards:

Blog Entries
    Well its Halloween!

My school has alowed everyone to dress up in their costumes but no one dose. I have decided to change my costume to that of a 1930s gangster. Our school Band is going to do a show with Batman and the Phantom of the Opera as some off our music. I am going to where my costume while I play in the show.

Happy Halloween!

Well so far here there hasn't been many people dress up but maybe because I am at work. We have had safety Joanne, a spartan, a pirate, a bag of bones and a few want to be buisnessmen. Other then that it wsa quite the let down this year, more people usually dress up.

But tonight will hopefully be more fun, a trunk or treat is in store for my son and a little bit of trick or treating through some of the more profitable areas of claremore.

Happy Halloween!

United, we move as one

My awards:

I didn't get to do anything for Halloween because I am just getting over the flu.

Good news, though. The election will finally be over in about 24 hours! It has been a marathon, and I am exhausted. No matter who you support, we have to root for our next President, because there are a lot of problems to clean up.

You know what I hate about our country? Bike lanes. There are not a lot in my town.

Air from my lungs. Americans of TFF Violet's Avatar
    A little late at this topic, but did anyone else have a pretty crappy Halloween compared to previous ones? My house only got 8 trick or treaters and we live in a suburbs on a busy road. I'm a little surprised. It's sorta sad that the tradition is dying. Damn people and their razors in the candy.. rargh.

Anyway, as for the elections.. I'm curious as to who's going to win. The polls are closer than I thought.

Blog Entries
    I cant say that Im too surprised with the elections and so far I could not be happier. I personally would vote for anyone who will bring our troops home and cut the bush taxes. Im glad that the elections will over soon. I am sick of political adds.

I do what you can't. Americans of TFF Sasquatch's Avatar
    You can never trust the polls anyway, they always have a liberal bias. And I'm serious about that, it's not just some conservative nut claiming bias on everything. According to the polls, Kerry should have won in '04, Gore should have won in '00, Clinton should have gotten the majority of the popular vote in both '92 and '96, Dukakis should have won in '88, and Reagan should have barely won in '84. Obviously, Kerry and Gore lost, Clinton didn't win the majority of the popular vote in either election, Dukakis lost, and Reagan won by a landslide.

I'm in Wisconsin, so my vote probably won't matter too much, because Madison is extremely liberal, and usually the state goes blue. Obama has been running ads 6/1 against McCain here, too.

Being a taxpayer and a soldier, I'm concerned -- you could say worried -- about the outcome of this election. Unfortunately, McCain is no conservative, so whoever wins, America loses. (Please don't start talking about Bush, conservatives know that Bush is no conservative either.)

But I do look forward to tomorrow, when I don't have to watch the political commercials anymore. Next is February, when those damn DTV commercials will be obsolete.

Sig courtesy of Plastik Assassin.

Greater love hath no man than this; that he lay down his life for his friends.
    John 15:13

I do what you can't. Americans of TFF Sasquatch's Avatar
    Looks like Obama won. Sad day for Americans who work for their paycheck instead of vote for it.

Sig courtesy of Plastik Assassin.

Greater love hath no man than this; that he lay down his life for his friends.
    John 15:13

Sir Prize Americans of TFF Sinister's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Skipping a few steps Sassy? The rule is...Don't squeal until you're hurt. Give Obama a few chances to fail. Keep the optimism and hope alive.

-Sin

Gingersnap Americans of TFF OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Haha you sourpuss. I'm glad he won. I can't wait to see him prove himself, and it's kind of amazing to feel so much from one event.

How did you guys spend election night?

I stayed home, Daniel came over, and we had spinach feta quesadillas, Thai iced tea, pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, and a glass each of pineapple juice and leftover peach schnapps (tasty). And then I cleaned my kitchen. I had a good night.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Well pretty much I spent the night day at work and then came home to care for my son, had dinner with the wife. Pretty much ignoring the TV for the most part of the night, I did watch for about 30 minutes got bored with the election coverage. Then decided to hop onto TFF and spend sometime chating on MSN about random, came up with a new term that night to, Crao porr **** 8! And it was from that point eleceted a frat for the elite. You know who you are.

I honed in on the background noise of the TV to hear that Obama was up and had won.

But on a lighter note my choice for President was not on the ballot, damn you Chralie Chaplin! And my choice for the people on the ballot did not win the bid.

But anyways as I have always said as a true blue american, I don't care who is president I will support them whole hartedly, so for now I am anticipating to see this "change" that Obama promises. Anywhich way it goes I don't think the economy can sink much further with out going into a depression.

I see reform on the horizon and I have heard all of Obama's plausible promises, which for any canidate to promise anything seems rediculous seeing the President is not the only person making the calls. Any which way it goes I hope it heads twards the upside...

Honestly I was shocked that our new president has never spent time in the armed forces, even Bush had that under his belt just like the majority of the former Presidents

I will say that the anti-Obama jokes are getting a little old already.

:edit:

Also Sassy please try to refrain from double posting in this club, regular forum rules still apply here.
    Last edited by Meier Link; 11-08-2008 at 07:57 PM.

United, we move as one

My awards:

Blog Entries
    I got off work around 7pm, so I drove straight home and went to vote with my mom that night. There was kind of a humorous scene at the precinct, as my mom's phone kept calling mine for some odd reason, so all of my precinct got to hear some sweet Eiffel 65 blast through the room, lol. After that, I got home, where I occupied myself with the news in the background while I logged on to MSN, where Meier Link and myself found ourselves the "Godfathers" of the new frat, Crao Porr **** 8! It was exciting times indeed and we will be taking applicants from people such as yourselves in the near future, stay tuned. I also realized how cushy of a job being a political forecaster is. You get to go on national TV, and you have 4 years to study about various states and explain why my homestate Iowa became a flipped state between this election and the last. Then you get paid a lot of money to read books and sleep, until the next election. The best part about the job? It doesn't even matter if you are right or not, whether you sound like a total loony or whatever, because people aren't going to remember what you say, they will be too focused on who will become the next leader of the Executive Branch. This sounds like a job that is suitable to me.

I think either way the election went, I wouldn't be too upset. I am happy to see how things swung, and now with the Democrats in control of the House, Senate, and the White House, it will be interesting to see what kind of changes will be made to our country. Interesting, to say the least.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

ShoShinjo666 Americans of TFF shodemon666's Avatar
    Texas, but really i'm in your attic that you never knew you had...
    OK. so i'm, like, wanting to join your awesome social gathering O_O AAAANNNNNNNDDDDDDDDD....... I'm from america, originally.

I live in texas, in a small city called Corpus Christi. I live on the west side of town, on the other side of the train tracks where our city tries to cut us off from the major markets and events.

I live in a 4 bedroom house with my mother, and my cat.

I work as an IT at a local college with all my favorite people.

I have over 1,000 unusual talents, and I make balloon animals for kidz on the side ( for extra cash $_$ ).

Hola, I'm damian...
    If there where anything else in the world that mattered most; It's right here, right now...

Welcome to the Americans of TFF, glad to see a new face. As James' second in command I will accept your application and put my seal of approval on it haha.

Feel free to back track and hit some of our previous conversations up.

United, we move as one

My awards:

The Ace Pilot and Cap'n Americans of TFF FF Ace Cid's Avatar
    Well, it's about time that I posted in here again. Wow. Obama president. I kind of had it figured that that would be the case. Let's see if Obama can do it. It's a lot of work, it will at least take a whole term.

I didn't do anything too special on election day... I voted, then went to a concert. Buckethead, and it was pretty good. The dude played for two hours straight, shredding the whole time. A friend of mine got a text that said Obama won.

Hello to our newest member too, hope you enjoy the club.
    My TFF Family
    My Yaoi crazed sister Bleachfangirl. My evil vampiric sister Anathematized Anachronism. My random exchange student staying with my family, Xeim. . My Bot slicing brother Novacrash. My ever changing niece Athna Loveil.. My insane Gaara fanatic niece Tiger Lily. My loving sister Ekimeinna. My Quincy Co-Pilot Storm. My son, Savior of the Damned.
    My airship flying man in the air utd fan cousin, Sir Alex Ferguson. My sort of insane, out of his mind cousin, Silver. My Queen-obsessed Zico-loving cousin FF Guru. My FF crazed brother Flash. My disturbed and distraught brother Fishie. My Godsmack addicted brother Demon Hunter. My ickle sister xXViviXx. My old school free styling cousin, Pablo Honey. My Cousin most likely to get their hand replaced by a pen, Aerif. My highwind 'barkeep' friend, Unknown Entity. My fighting game loving cousin, Rocky. My FFVII Matey on starboard brother, SecretWeapon. My Pokémon-obsessed sister, Refieth. My FF trivia master cousin, Phantom. My FF VIII obsessed cousin, Craven.

PM me if you want to become part of my airship riding family, The Red Wings.

Welcome, shodemon666. Stick around!

We are coming up on Thanksgiving, the holiday that explains America perfectly: Eating until you throw up with people you don't like.

What are your plans? Going to see family? Having them come to you? Luckily, my father has alienated all secondary family, so we can eat in peace. And watch a boring Lions game.

Definitely not 6:10:50 Americans of TFF Kaiser Dragoon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by James D. View Post
    We are coming up on Thanksgiving, the holiday that explains America perfectly: Eating until you throw up with people you don't like.
    Haha, priceless. Anywho, I figure since, I happen to be American, and happen to be on TFF, that I might happen, to join the American's of TFF.

Anywho, I live in Missouri, Cassville Missouri to be specific, the closest big cities are Springfield, Kansas City, and Springdale (Arkansas). I live somewhere in the middle of those, so, basically, in the middle of nowhere in specific.

Anywho, my name's Robert, and... *lost train of thought*

~Kaiser Dragoon
    XBLA:

You're most active in: Cleft of Dimension · 452 Posts

YES, I Have obtained the power of "Lurker Status"!

Bass Player Extraordinaire Americans of TFF Joe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FF Ace Cid View Post
    Well, it's about time that I posted in here again. Wow. Obama president. I kind of had it figured that that would be the case. Let's see if Obama can do it. It's a lot of work, it will at least take a whole term.

I didn't do anything too special on election day... I voted, then went to a concert. Buckethead, and it was pretty good. The dude played for two hours straight, shredding the whole time. A friend of mine got a text that said Obama won.

Hello to our newest member too, hope you enjoy the club.
    Haha Nice! You enjoy the concert? I saw him on Oct. 15th in raleigh, NC. Freakin' Awesome show.

As for Thanksgiving, my mom and sister (maybe my sis, she may go to my stepdad's), but at least my mom and I are going to Golden corral or someplace similar to eat. the food's better than anything my family is capable of cooking, there's no limit to the food, and there's no clean up. easy-peezy, lemon...squeezy

So how about those Bankruptcies? Circuit City is going under, and GM and Ford are looming on the edge of it. Scary times, eh? Though I guess that explains why I didn't get the job at circuit city. I'm qualified, so they would've had to pay me, and they're...bankrupt, haha
    (TFF Family):

My TFF Family:
    My Anime Addicted sister Athna Loveil
    My Unspoken Scabbia Loving Bro Fishie
    My Godsmack addicted brother Omega Weapon
    My Kooky Soap opera addicted sister Rikkuffx
    My Kinky Chipmunk Cousin Unknown Entity, because, you know, cousins can still do stuff in certain states.
    My Twin-like bro Ruin_Tumult
    Craven
    Slots still available, PM to join!

Welcome, Kaiser Dragoon! I will add you to the roster.

Yeah, these bankruptcies are getting ridiculous. It is only going to get worse before it gets better, it seems. I certainly will be trying to save whatever money I can.

Blog Entries
    Now that banks are going bankrupt, this is having a serious effect on getting loans for people, me in particular for college. I remember two years ago I could sign on my own gigantic loan without a co-signer, now apperantly the same people are requiring everyone to have a co-signer for their loans too. This is making me have second thoughts about going to college in the status quo of the economy right now. Anyone else feel the same way? What other ways are banks limiting your available resources?
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast