Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What's for dinner?

Memento RK What's for dinner? Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What's for dinner?

I have been wondering a lot lately, what do you guys usually have for dinner? Does what you eat come out of a box? Do you get creative and cook? If so, what do you cook? Are you a vegetarian? Vegan? Meat only? WhateverthehellIcanfindinthefridge kind of guy? What do you make for yourselves?

I used to eat boxed meals a lot. Chicken strips, fries, rice, frozen veggies. Things like that. Since I moved in with the guys, I found that they like to cook. Tonight we made sushi together and it turned out really well. Other nights we eat fresh veggies and different meats cooked in different ways. We get creative sometimes. It's really fun and it brings us together as housemates I find. Really enjoyable. Do you guys do things like that? When you're living with others, do you make dinner together or do you make your own dinner? Does everyone fend for themselves? I'm curious tonight.
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

G'day What's for dinner? NikkiLinkle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: What's for dinner?

Well this is sad, but my mum makes my dinner at the moment. Haha. She just likes to be a mother to me. SO yeah, I haven't cooked for a while now.

But when I was with my ex, I used to do all the cooking. Mainly because I am a woman and that is my place, in the kitchen

Anyway, I am a terrible cook. But I did try. My specialty was roast dinners. Usually chicken and roast vegetables, with gravy. It's all about the gravy you see.

I liked to make beef stew/casserole in the slow cooker. Just chunks of beef and vegetables, I just used this meal base thing from the grocery store for the 'flavour'. Had it with mashed potato. I really like that. BUT I really SUCK at making mashed potato. Haha. I usually put too much milk or not enough milk.

I really really SUCK at making, spaghetti bolognese. Like, I'm never even going to bother making that EVER again in my life.

I made curried sausages twice, again using a meal base thing. The first time, was a DISASTER. Haha. But the second time was a SUCCESS I was quite proud of myself.

I also used to make burritos Which wasn't too bad, but yeah I would only eat my own cooking. I'm not going out of my way to cook for anyone, to avoid the disappointment, of it tasting really horrible or possibly killing someone.

I have never cooked with anyone. But if I did, I'd help out if I could. I'd just cut stuff up or something that has nothing to do with the cooking process. Like eating it.

Happy eating people.

the night man cometh What's for dinner? Joxsjua's Avatar

Lol, I was actually thinking about a thread like this tonight as well. I love to cook, usually I make up recipes with any veggies, meats, spices but my ingredient of choice is ginger no clue why(I used to dislike ginger.) Tonight was a sorta stir-fry combo with rice, ginger-chicken, peppers, water chestnuts, pea pods, a couple mushrooms(I get so weirded out by the texture) and a few other spices to give it a kick.

I've been in love with cooking for about a year but have made everything from "soup nazi" soups to strawberry ribs and I only hope my repertoire broadens.

Registered Goober What's for dinner? Order's Avatar

I'm a pretty good cook. I can pan sear a steak that would make you question the meaning of life.

But, normally I've been eating McDonalds, Tai Pei frozen dinners and crap like that. I don't go out of my way to cook for myself.
    When I'm with family and friends, I can have fun with it and I really like to put together a meal.
    Living alone, its a chore and the the dishes. Bane of my existance.
    I use plastic plates, forks and cups as much as possible (sorry, dolphins and squirrels, you are destined to be victims of my convenience).

Anyway,
    One of my favorite things about cooking is seeing how to change the flavor of common dishes without going near the spice cabinet. Last time, I simply changed up the order I put ingedients in a stirfry, kept the green beans almost fresh and added bacon.
    Felt like a friggin hero.

Blog Entries

Why not spices? Spices don't make you fat like salad dressing does. Feel free!

Bananarama What's for dinner? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can cook a bunch of things. I usually try to stick with healthier options with lots of vegetables and grilled or pan seared chicken. I make some delicious fajitas, with peppers and onions. I make pretty good chili with ground turkey, two types of beans and corn, and probably a whole lot more things. I generally try to make things where I can just reheat and alternate meals to save time during the week,

I don't bother with trying to make my own sauces or marinates, but when I get my own place it may be something I dabble with. It's kinda hard to have a good bbq going when you dont have your own yard.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I can cook a bunch of things. I usually try to stick with healthier options with lots of vegetables and grilled or pan seared chicken. I make some delicious fajitas, with peppers and onions. I make pretty good chili with ground turkey, two types of beans and corn, and probably a whole lot more things. I generally try to make things where I can just reheat and alternate meals to save time during the week,

I don't bother with trying to make my own sauces or marinates, but when I get my own place it may be something I dabble with. It's kinda hard to have a good bbq going when you dont have your own yard.
    Invite.

Hewerya love...? What's for dinner? seanb's Avatar

I always cook ice cream with gravy and im a vegertarioon

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seanb View Post
    I always cook ice cream with gravy and im a vegertarioon
    Somehow, this doesn't go together.

I am in no way a top notch chef but I do know my way around the kitchen. My mom taught me how to cook when I was little and after working in a few resteraunts when I was in my mid teens I figured out that I love cooking for other people and that I am pretty damn good at it.

I can cook a wide variety of things and it ranges from grilling to baking, simplistic to gormet. I try to avoid box meals and cook from scratch. This is generally a little healthier if you want to call it that ande keeps me in practice. Every so often though I cook from a box. It happens more specially when I am tired, broke or both hahahaa.

Tonight I am the man on the grill and looks like the menu will consist of boneless chicken breast, cajun sausage, buttered galric pork chops, beer bauts, hot dogs and grilled steamed veggies. Also will be making pulled pork. Cooking for aout 15 people tonight using 2 grills. Also this is our memorial day celebration.

Most of my favorite recipies I concocked myself and all are unique.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Asking all the personal questions. What's for dinner? RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries

I don't live to cook, I cook to live.

We don't have anything fancy it is to impractical, expensive and yields little leftovers.

We rarely cook from a cook book, but instead like to make our own variations of traditional home style favourites.

At the moment I am cooking Spaghetti Bolognaise, not traditional Italian style, In Australia it has been adapted with heaps of meat usually mince and or beef cuts.
    I always make my own sauce, I never have a Spag Bog that is exactly the same as another.
    This time I am shaking it up a bit and using Bay leaves, I can smell them from here, I have also added basil and salt and pepper. For a bit of a kick I added some medium chilli sauce because the kids can't eat it too hot.
    If it is for an adult only I would add szechuan pepper and chilli flakes or ground chilli.

I like fettuccine instead of round spaghetti.

Any way we very very rarely have take away food and haven't had since we moved out of town.
    I love leftovers to take to work and quite often freeze small portions of big meals so I can just grab it out when I feel like it for work lunches. It depresses me when we don't have leftovers.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

iron gamer What's for dinner? saio's Avatar

ah interesting subject
    i do a lot of cooking
    i like to make a variety of meals
    I've made American. Asian. Mexican. a brief stint in europeon but i pulled out of there as fast as possible
    my choice of meals usually depends on what i feel like cooking
    sometime when i'm in the middle of cooking one meal i suddenly change my mind and
    make something different using the incomplete meal for a base
    this makes for some very......odd meals
    though some of them turned out pretty good
    case in point,
    ladys and gentlemen i present to you my masterpiece.......the vaguely chicken curry like substince
    i gave it this name because its unusual preparation (instead of using a pot i use a wok)
    trust me its so good you'd max out your credit cards just to get ahold of the recipe
    i guess that's enough boasting
    though whats interesting is that this recipe was the result of one of my
    random experiments believe it or not it started out as a (you guessed it)
    stir fry

(if your wondering about the meals that didn't make it out of the experiments don't
    some doors are better left closed)
    "How can you face the future if you can't even face yourself" me.
    "A man who won't die for something is not fit to live" martin luther king jr.

Lord Deity of Harmony What's for dinner? Elyon Seraphim's Avatar

If one is gonna cook, Its going to be something delicious and healthy spread out, Im a fairly good chef, But what i cook always varies by quite a deal, I most likely just cook for whatever i feel like and experiment making it better.

Usually, Its sauces which i experiment most with, Anyway, What i usually cook most of the time... Is Chicken, Soup, or etc, Pasta is also cooked quite often, But i often result in making a sandwich for dinner... A big one that is.
    My Reaction of People That Points The Obvious

This is my Daily Day in 2Fort
    My TFF Family:
    Still working on rewamping this, Just give a shout if you wanna join!

Registered User What's for dinner? sayian's Avatar
    Blog Entries

im definitely not a kitchen person. im too impatient and always on the go. im a fast food freak and i cant live with out my microwave.. I live alone in a 2br townhouse(really nice) and im never really doing anything important but im ALWAYS busy and on the go.

Hadnt really thought about it, but , i havnt really been grocery shopping in 4-6 months.. guess if i ever have financial issues id be forced to change but chinese food sounds good right about now so im out......

i know i could save at least 50 bux a paycheck but i try not to think about it.
    ok keep on, its all shits n giggles until sombody giggles n shits....

TFF's Resident Messenger What's for dinner? Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like to cook. I used to prefer cooking for myself, but so much anymore. And I don't like experimenting in the kitchen, I'd much rather just follow the recipe.

But for me, what I actually cook/eat depends on the weather. Since it is hot out, I won't cook as much. The house gets hot enough naturally, I don't want to make it hotter because turning the stove or oven on. I will save big cooking/baking projects for cooler or rainy days. For instance, it is supposed to rain tomorrow, so I will be making pizza steak hoagies if it does.

And since it is just me here, I won't make too much. I don't like leaving leftovers, so I will only make enough for myself at that time. If my sister is visiting, I'll make enough for the meal and leftovers.

And spices are something I don't use often. I don't even like to use salt or pepper. If what I make is not to someone's liking, then they are free to add spices/extra ingredients to their portions.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Chief Inspiring Officer What's for dinner? Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A thread after my own heart. I make dinner every single night and I try really hard not to make repeats. Tonight's was lasagna.
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html

The Mad God What's for dinner? Heartless Angel's Avatar

I'm mostly carnivorous. I eat things that aren't meat of course, but if there isn't some piece of a dead animal on my plate, it is not a meal. I do eat a lot more frozen dinner type things than I'd like, but often i just don't have time to cook. Which is lame, because I like cooking, and am pretty good at it. I do a lot of grilling and smoking (**** yeah barbecue season, best part of summer). I have friends over for barbecue a lot. I smoke a turkey for Thanksgiving every year. I love me some barbecue. That's not all I cook though, I'm good with Italian and Mexican foods as well, some Cajun food. Made some jambalaya couple nights back that was ****in awesome. I also make myself breakfast whenever I have the time. Omelets, sausage, bacon, whatever. I love breakfast food. I'm also notorious for my obscenely hot chilli and salsa. I love spicy foods, and enjoy making them. If something I make isn't already spicy, I usually make it so for myself. Usually with either habenero peppers, or dehydrated habenero seasoning I make myself. My salsa is particularly evil, only reason any of my friends eat it is to show off.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

~*Moogle! Kupo!*~ What's for dinner? pixergirl's Avatar

usually i don't eat dinner, rather i eat something really weird and unhealthy in the early afternoon and get so tired by dinner time that i end up not having any unless other person who has prepared it comes along with a bowl....
    i used to love cooking...but i just don't seem to ever fee like it anymore. don't ask. :}
    This is bananas! B. A. N. A. N. A. S.! I said this ...Is bananas, B! A! N! A! N! A! S!

Hooah!

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth What's for dinner? Xanatos's Avatar

My mother and sister are usually in charge of making dinner, I do pitch in if needed. I myself am a decent cook, I usually prepare simple meals such as pasta, rice, fish, potato salad and such. As for what I eat at dinner, I'm not really a picky person when it comes to food, anything half decent will do.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Registered User What's for dinner? Halie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

To quote Jenna Marbles...

I love my microwave.

No but really, I do use the microwave to cook a lot of food. Mainly because I don't really know how to cook that much. I do, however, enjoy learning how to cook. When I do cook the things that I know how to cook, it's actually a lot of fun. My mum never taught me how to cook and they never taught us in school either. My mum has been teaching me a few things over the last year, though. I can make a nice stir fry... but that's pretty easy. Still, I can honestly say my stir fry tastes delicious. And this is coming from someone who isn't big on Chinese food. I like cooking Sunday dinners but I haven't cooked one all by myself yet. I'm almost an expert at home-made gravy... a bit more practise and I will be perfect at it I think.

I was actually thinking of making a share your recipes thread(still might!), because now that I'm on my own I've come to appreciate the culinary arts. I'm definitely not an expert but I really like to experiment. It's kinda funny because most of my family was willing to teach me when I was growing up but I was like 'Screw that I'm going to live on KD suckas.' Thankfully they have still be willing to share some things with me.

Stir frys are pretty common, and different pastas. I'm actually in a competition with a girl from work about making the best meatloaf. We just haven't decided on a date to cook it and bring it in.
    EBG

Mystyrion

Quote Originally Posted by Imposter View Post
    I was actually thinking of making a share your recipes thread(still might!)
    Don't see why you don't.
    It would be interesting to see the things people make.
    I'd pitch in a recipe or two.

Kiss with a fist. What's for dinner? Dranzer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Halie View Post
    To quote Jenna Marbles...

I love my microwave.
    You for seriously are a woman after my own heart. Most of my dinner comes from my microwave, lean cuisine stuff has been my brand of choice lately. However, there are a few things I can cook, my favorite is eggplant parmesan. My grandmother's been teaching me a few things, but my current schedule has me interacting with my microwave and coffee pot more than any other kitchen appliances, except maybe the the fridge/freezer of course.

soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur
    happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr.
    PRK9 ♥ Prestige+ ♥ GDEAA

Crash Boom Bang What's for dinner? Lily's Avatar

Urghh I have all the good intentions to cook something for tea every night, and it very rarely happens. I totally blame work for hogging all my time ): Maybe if i was a bit more organised it'd help, but I don't do organised.. It's not even that I can't cook, I just lack the ability to sit and plan tea, so I know what food I need in. Its always the fresh stuff like the meat and the veg I never seem to have, because if I dont know what I want to make when Im shopping, I dont buy it becasue it'll just go off... its a vicious circle

It doesnt help that the boy works stupid hours as well, so its not like we can even all eat at the same time some times. Woe is me

We tend to just end up foraging what we can out of the kitchen, or il grab something quick from Asda on my dinner at work that i can just lob in the oven when i get home and not have to think about it til its done. Need to get out of the habit of eating the same old shit... and takeaways too... we should be fat bastards by now really.

Registered User What's for dinner? Squall's Avatar

My cooking abilities are frying eggs and making PB&J sandwiches. I'd like to learn how to make more sophisticated meals in the future but for now my parents handle the cooking duties.

Signature courtesy of Elise
    My TFF Family:

My brother from down under: The_Dream_Recluse
    The coolest sister I could ask for: Chocobo_Lover17
    My nameless hero of a brother: Hero without a Name
    My Gunblade Wielding sister: R.Kyra
    My Brother, The Legendary Bad-Ass Ninja-Samurai War God Soul Reaper: Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima
    My supernatural obesssing sister: LadyWinchester
    My wonderful sister: eternity
    My brother and FFVIII loving Adopter: Robbo
    My one-of-a-kind sister: Bailax
    My awesome sister: angelmarie190515

I will finish the hunt What's for dinner? Cheesevixen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I cook almost every meal in my house. Some days are just the basic pasta with some kind of meat. I, however, get creative at least 1-2 times a week and makes a dinner so big and wild it ends up being left overs for lunch for at least 2 days. I like to experiment with stuff.

My favorite dishes to make are white chicken chili, meat loaf with home made mashed potatoes, sausage rotini skillet, and I haven't found a fish recipe I haven't loved cooking, and I like to grill steak.

My latest recipe to try was fried green tomatoes. They turned out so awesome !

If I don't cook a meal it's usually a frozen pizza night or a night we go out to eat which isn't very often. I also like hot pockets, and when I'm being a horribly bad person ramen & frozen burritos <3 My sin are those frozen burritos....so bad for you, but so damn good !
    "Some men just want to watch the world burn"

Blog Entries

Dinner for me is usually leftovers. The curse of working night shifts; I rarely get hot, fresh from the pan dinner anymore. It makes me sad. But since I am learning how to cook something beyond frozen pizzas in the oven, I've been getting a nice meal for lunch more often, then just bringing a salad or something to work.
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

I will finish the hunt What's for dinner? Cheesevixen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For all the U.S. peeps out there I thought I would share a bit of info. It is cow appreciation day. So if you have a Chick Fil A near by go up there dressed as a cow and get some free dinner :-) I had it for lunch.

For dinner I am probably gonna have a glass of wine. IDK what I'm cooking for the family yet, but it will probably be something easy like sausage dogs and baked beans. It's Friday after all. Don't we SAHMs need a break too? hehehehe

P.s. for those of you who asked about the marinade here it is :

salt
    pepper
    greek seasoning
    seasoned salt
    steak seasoning
    worchester sauce
    chipotle marinade

Put the seasoning on each side and then lightly tenderize the meat. Then put it in a container with the sauce and marinades over night. Grill. If you are doing this with burgers add some chopped onions to mix in with your ground beef and do not leave in fridge over night. *onions keep the flavor and moisture in your burger longer.

I can also make Whataburgers :-) but saving that for Saturdays dinner. Yum !
    "Some men just want to watch the world burn"

Death Before Dishonor What's for dinner? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I used to cook alot, but lately it has been nothing but ramen noodles, or ham and cheese sandwiches for me. TO much work, and not alot of time to enjoy things like cooking a yummy meal.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Registered User What's for dinner? Squall's Avatar

My family and I are on a tight budget at the moment, but we usually eat some sort of meat 2-3 a week. We like to have leftovers so we're not spending money every day on a new meal. Sunday is the traditional "Italian Pasta Sunday" so we have some kind of dish whether it's a simple Ziti w/ gravy & meatballs or Shrimp Marinara. A few times a month we'll buy a nice Salmon Filet or Tilapia on a Friday night too.

Signature courtesy of Elise
    My TFF Family:

My brother from down under: The_Dream_Recluse
    The coolest sister I could ask for: Chocobo_Lover17
    My nameless hero of a brother: Hero without a Name
    My Gunblade Wielding sister: R.Kyra
    My Brother, The Legendary Bad-Ass Ninja-Samurai War God Soul Reaper: Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima
    My supernatural obesssing sister: LadyWinchester
    My wonderful sister: eternity
    My brother and FFVIII loving Adopter: Robbo
    My one-of-a-kind sister: Bailax
    My awesome sister: angelmarie190515

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast