Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What's for dinner?

Queen What's for dinner? Crescent's Avatar

Re: What's for dinner?

I love to cook. I'd just made myself a greek salad without the fetta and the dressing always consists of extra virgin olive oil, oregano and a lil pinch of sea salt and black pepper. I hate eating out but if I feel pressured to by friends, my choices of cuisines are strictly Italian and/or Japanese and they've got great desserts as well, my favourite being non-dairy green tea ice cream. I pretty much drink green tea with every meal can't get enough of it. For dinner I usually cook myself a stir fry and mix up my sauces every now and again then if I have room for dessert I whip up my usual coconut cream with raspberries/blueberries.

Registered Uber What's for dinner? Hobaginator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiLinkle View Post
    ...when I was with my ex, I used to do all the cooking. Mainly because I am a woman and that is my place, in the kitchen
    And he broke up with you WHY?

Hell, yesterday a fat old lady working at the grocery store deli asked me if I was hungry and gave me a slice of ham and I was ready to propose! Some people just don't know what they got. Then again, I'm easy to please... if someone gives me a sandwich then we're instantly friends for life.

My dad and I take turns making dinner, sometimes we come up with ideas together. With his cooking, honestly, it's hit or miss. Sometimes he just likes to throw random meat and vegatables together in a sort of prisoner-of-war casserole using bacon fat instead of butter, which turns the whole deal a sickly greenish gray. Other times, thank god, he just gets some steaks and lets me grill 'em up, or makes burgers or hot dogs. He likes his meat almost raw. I concur, with a high end steak... but one time we got sushi grade tuna steaks and he seared the outside and left the inside raw. I took one bite and threw it back in the pan until it was cooked through to a light pink with a caramelized pepper crust on the outside. It was much better that way. With burgers, when he doesn't buy ground chuck (oh god no), then it's good eating. We're the grilling type. Truth be told, besides grilling up any kind of meat any way you can imagine, I have two specialties: Surf and turf, and macaroni and cheese. The surf and turf is pretty easy. I get a thick cut ribeye, at least an inch and a half in thickness. Marinade it in my super secret special blend, pan sear it with a pepper crust and then throw it in the oven leaving a good inch of dark pink on the inside, then I steam or boil a lobster and it goes good with baked potatoes and grilled asparagus. With the mac and cheese I use cubed prociutto, lots of butter and a four cheese blend. If I'm feeling extra hungry I might even through in pan seared salted pork fat. It will make you put on some weight fast. Actually, I'm gonna see if I can talk my dad into buying the ingredients for me to make a pot of it this week! I've been feeling kind of peckish... @.@
    OG RPer of TFF forseriously

~~Jet Pack Soldiers: Never forget those who failed~~

Proudly wearing my ban rating since 1/1/12.

I'm just here to pad my post count.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I helped my mum cook macaroni cheese last night. As an experiment, we added mustard, which made it a little thicker and gave it a nice kick. It was ****ing delicious. Would have gone even better with some steamed broccoli.

I eat out and get boxed food a lot, much to my mother's dismay. Eh. I'd cook more, but then I have to buy a million ingredients, put it all in one pot, stand around in the kitchen for little under an hour watching it and adding to it, and then just to get ridiculed by your brother because: 1) you're actually cooking instead of getting take out, and 2) it's not how he'd have cooked it, or 3) your cooking sucks (...usually in HIS opinion). He's a real ass, thinking he's all Jamie Oliver and shit...

Also, cooking in my house is a pain in the ass. I live with my mum, brother and nan, with my step dad and boyfriend as regular guests. So that's usually six people to cook for, or six people who need to cook. And I'm the only ****er who washes up what I use RIGHT after I use it. So I find myself washing up before AND after cooking for myself. So it's just easier to get take out; one plate and one fork to wash up.

I like experimenting too. I make pasta in spicy tomato sauce with grated cheese. I made it once when drunk on red wine, and I poured some of it in too. It's my best dish out of everything I can cook. I can cook chicken curry, cottage pie, spaghetti, pesto pasta, koftee balls in wraps, mac and cheese, and my special pasta.

In all honesty, I don't really eat dinner. Most of the time, I work late shifts, so I'm never around for dinner prep, so I practically live off what I buy for lunch before work. Which is usually a £2.50 meal deal from Tesco, or the £3 one from Subway (ONLY if I have the patience to deal with someone making my sandwich wrong). If I'm in the mood to really splash out on lunch, I grab a chicken curry from Wasabi.

Only time I really eat dinner, or a resemblance of, is on weekends when David stays over. Friday night, we usually grab chinese food or a kebab, Saturday we have whatever we didn't have last night from that option or frozen pizza, and Sunday we mix it up with anything (but not what we've already had).

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Boxer of the Galaxy What's for dinner? Rowan's Avatar

I usually eat tins of tuna, I have a variety of flavours that I use which changes things up a bit. My favourites are zesty vinigrette and garlic oil tuna. I make burgers with lettuce in place of the bun and fill it with kangaroo meat (yes, you can eat kangaroo) so its sort of like a sang choy bow in a way. I have vegetables for dinner almost every night as they tend to satisfy your hunger for the duration until you sleep and theyre good for you in general. I dont drink anything other than water, unless its an ocassion where say alcohol is more readily available.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2