Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Weird Habits?

G'day Weird Habits? NikkiLinkle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Weird Habits?

Anyone have any weird habits?

I have an obsession with touching my earlobes. Haha. I do it everywhere. I've done it for ages and strangely enough, I get a nice feeling when I do it. I think my earlobes are my happy place. Now I've just embarrassed myself Oh well.

Re: Weird Habits?

I have an obsession of trolling.

I tend to troll IRL like all the time, it's become a way of life.

and I'm not even trolling right now.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Registered User Weird Habits? Halie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I tend to fold things a lot. Like, when I'm in McDonalds or something, I can't screw up the packaging into a ball or crush it, or even just chuck it straight in the bin... I have to fold it. I always buy happy meals there (yes, I'm like a four year old child, but they're bloody cheap) and after I'm finished I fold the little paper bags the fries and burger come in into triangular shapes, stuff them in the little fold at the bottom of the happy meal box, then split the sides of the box and fold them down, then I chuck it away. Just a routine, I suppose.

I bite my nails when I'm nervous or upset, but that's not really out of the ordinary.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Weird Habits? Xanatos's Avatar

People hate it when I'm using their PC, first of all I refresh a lot, secondly, before posting be it a small message on Facebook or something on forums I open a notepad, write it there than do a copy-paste, it's strange habit of mine, I can't seem to get rid of it.

I also adjust glasses with my middle finger, I mean no offense really, in most cases I'm not even aware of it...

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Passing fair judgement Weird Habits? Judge Magistrate's Avatar

I bite my nails, but that's not very weird. Something that might be weird though is I shake my armswhile I'm waiting. I'm convinced that it's because it limbers me up, but everyone else thinks it's weird .
    None shall escape judgement, all shall fall by my blade.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla
    Firefly-The Greatest Little Sister Ever
    Ruin-My bro working in the military
    Nickness89-My brother from another mother
    angelmarie190515-My mentor and greatest older sister
    A Hero without a Name- My brother in arms
    Raven Zecht-Herald of what is to come
    LadyWinchester-The mistress of light and dark

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

I tend to carry a folded napkin or tissue paper, started to do so in high school when we would eat pizza and nobody had any napkins. I started to carry one in my pocket for when that kind of stuff happaned, and it's a habit that stuck. Most of the time I never used them, but occassionally I do find myself in the need of one and that's enough to keep me doing this.

Not sure if that is weird or if I'm not the only one to do something like that.

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! Weird Habits? Tallulah's Avatar

I'm very ritualistic when I get up in the morning. I will NOT get in the bath unless the taps are running. One day my boyfriend had to use the bathroom whilst I was running my bath, so I turned the taps off, and when the bathroom was free I turned the taps on before I got in the bath, then turned the taps back off again once I was in.

Also, I put my socks on before anything else when I'm dressing. This stems from a book I read as a kid: 'The Secret Diary Of Adrian Mole', where the protagonist (called Adrian, funnily enough!) wears red socks to school, and gets sent home for flouting school uniform regulations. His girlfriend, Pandora, gets together a petition against the school's decision, and they organise a march to school in red socks. When Adrian gets ready for this, he puts on his red socks first, for luck. So that's where I get it from.

EDIT: Oh, I also pull at my eyebrows and eyelashes when I'm bored, upset or nervous. Not to any great extent, though.
    "...For the stronger we our houses do build,
    The less chance we have of being killed." ~ William Topaz McGonagall (1830-1902)

I invented Go-Gurt. Weird Habits? Clint's Avatar

For some strange reason, I wear shoes whenever I leave the house. It's not as if I need shoes to survive outside the house, it just comforts me to know that I can walk around out there without stepping on something sharp, puncturing the skin on my foot, and getting ringworm.

I've been wearing shoes outside for quite some time now, and I know it's strange, but I can't seem to break the habit.

Blog Entries

I pull out my eyelashes too! Lol. I like it when I pull out like 4 lashes

I have naturally wavy hair, which I straighten all the time. When it's straight, I like to search through my hair until I find a wavy hair, it feels bumpy to touch, I make sure I've got the one piece of hair, then I run my finger as close to the root as possible, then I pull it out root and all. If I don't pull the root out, I feel disappointed.

Hewerya love...? Weird Habits? seanb's Avatar

I have developed a terrible habit of hiding in fridges.
    I usually clear the fridge out, turn it off then curl my body up inside it. I wait patiently for a poor unfortunate snack hunter to discover me and fall to their death with shear fright.

and I bite my nails

Quote Originally Posted by seanb View Post
    I have developed a terrible habit of hiding in fridges.
    I usually clear the fridge out, turn it off then curl my body up inside it. I wait patiently for a poor unfortunate snack hunter to discover me and fall to their death with shear fright.

and I bite my nails
    Okay, if you are serious about that fridge bit than you are hilarious man.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

The Mad God Weird Habits? Heartless Angel's Avatar

I do all kinds of wierd shit.

• I always have to be doing something with my hands, when nothing is required of them, I usually twirl a pen around or toss random small objects and catch them. I usually don't even pay attention to myself when I do this, I just do it without thinking.
    • In my free time, I sometimes like measure mundaine objects I'm likely to be carrying with me in the future, such as my wallet or car keys, so I can use them as measuring devices at a later date if I ever need to measure something and don't have a ruler or tape measure or something handy. Also measured and memorized various lengths on my hand for the same reason.
    • I alphabetize things that I have no reason whatsoever to alphabetize, such as my medicine cabinet, the refridgerator, my guitars, my closet, and other such useless things, meanwhile I refuse to alphabetize things which alphabetizing might help with, like my video games, movies, or books. Don't know why, don't even think about it half the time.
    • If I notice somebody staring at me for too long, I'll mentally yell, "STOP READING MY MIND YOU <insert word that would be censored here>!". Hey, you never know...
    • I like rewatching Star trek: The Next Generation episodes and counting the times Data accidentally uses contractions, or catching science and math errors. For example in one episode I caught them saying the surface temperature of a planet they found was about 17 degrees below absolute zero.
    • I have to break everything before I throw it away. Paper must be torn up, plastic must be mangled, cds have to be snapped in half, electronics that no longer function must be smahed... etc. I never throw away anything intact.
    • I block out the lights on my electronics with random crap laying around so they don't annoy me when I'm trying to get to sleep. I usually throw a T-shirt over the shelf with all my gaming consoles on it, if I don't I'll sit there staring at the lights all night.
    • Whenever I wake up in the middle of a dream, I won't actually get out of bed until I imagine an appropriate conclusion for it.
    • I calculate random physics related crap when bored. Like I'll just sit there calculating the ammount of joules in my breakfast, then converting it to megatons and figuring out how many of whatever I'm eating I'd have to eat to consume the energy of the bomb dropped on Hiroshima, or calculating the exact momentum of my car when traffic is moving slow, just random utterly useless crap like that. Just for the fun of it.
    I'm sure there's a bunch of other crap I do I'm sure people would consider a wierd habbit, bit that's all that's really coming to mind right now, I'll keep thinking on it.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Registered User Weird Habits? EveVanilla's Avatar

I always look around my room randomly feeling like i'm being watched O.O
    Ask alot to ppl "You alright?"

Hewerya love...? Weird Habits? seanb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel View Post
    I do all kinds of wierd shit.

• I always have to be doing something with my hands, when nothing is required of them, I usually twirl a pen around or toss random small objects and catch them. I usually don't even pay attention to myself when I do this, I just do it without thinking.
    • In my free time, I sometimes like measure mundaine objects I'm likely to be carrying with me in the future, such as my wallet or car keys, so I can use them as measuring devices at a later date if I ever need to measure something and don't have a ruler or tape measure or something handy. Also measured and memorized various lengths on my hand for the same reason.
    • I alphabetize things that I have no reason whatsoever to alphabetize, such as my medicine cabinet, the refridgerator, my guitars, my closet, and other such useless things, meanwhile I refuse to alphabetize things which alphabetizing might help with, like my video games, movies, or books. Don't know why, don't even think about it half the time.
    • If I notice somebody staring at me for too long, I'll mentally yell, "STOP READING MY MIND YOU <insert word that would be censored here>!". Hey, you never know...
    • I like rewatching Star trek: The Next Generation episodes and counting the times Data accidentally uses contractions, or catching science and math errors. For example in one episode I caught them saying the surface temperature of a planet they found was about 17 degrees below absolute zero.
    • I have to break everything before I throw it away. Paper must be torn up, plastic must be mangled, cds have to be snapped in half, electronics that no longer function must be smahed... etc. I never throw away anything intact.
    • I block out the lights on my electronics with random crap laying around so they don't annoy me when I'm trying to get to sleep. I usually throw a T-shirt over the shelf with all my gaming consoles on it, if I don't I'll sit there staring at the lights all night.
    • Whenever I wake up in the middle of a dream, I won't actually get out of bed until I imagine an appropriate conclusion for it.
    • I calculate random physics related crap when bored. Like I'll just sit there calculating the ammount of joules in my breakfast, then converting it to megatons and figuring out how many of whatever I'm eating I'd have to eat to consume the energy of the bomb dropped on Hiroshima, or calculating the exact momentum of my car when traffic is moving slow, just random utterly useless crap like that. Just for the fun of it.
    I'm sure there's a bunch of other crap I do I'm sure people would consider a wierd habbit, bit that's all that's really coming to mind right now, I'll keep thinking on it.
    That's really cool, very unusual.
    its like ocd, but in an interesting way

I'll find you, no matter what. Weird Habits? FeyLenne13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can't sit still, at all. I always have to be more something, whether I'm tapping my foot, moving my knee, swinging my legs, i always have to be moving. Also, I can't just sit down and watch TV. I have to constantly be multitasking or I feel like I don't get anything done at all. And I'm always looking around feeling like I'm being watched. It's not that I'm doing anything wrong but I just have to know where everyone is in a room and where all the exits are or I get nervous.

Trust Me.

742617000027 Weird Habits? driftrunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EveVanilla View Post
    I always look around my room randomly feeling like i'm being watched O.O
    Ask alot to ppl "You alright?"
    me too.
    Last edited by driftrunner; 06-28-2011 at 05:38 AM.

Do you think you can handle me maggot? Try this

Sir Prize Weird Habits? Sinister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I tend to walk with my hands crossed behind my back.
    I usually wear a hat, wherever I go.
    I take apart pens and line their pieces up on my desk, according to height, when I'm bored.
    I usually keep a tin of licorice Altoids with me.

I randomly scream out loud the time of day depending on if the time is a product of any of the numbers contained in the date, and is prime...

I also try to lie at least once every time I talk or type.

I also laugh at you, for trying to figure out how often I scream out the time per day.

-Sin

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I bite my lip a lot. It's not so much a nervous thing, it's just one of those things are are just is.

I don't bite my nails any more when I noticed they looked much better longer, and after I've used some clippers. But I still chew them when I'm nervous - just not to the "biting/ripping off" stage.

I always fold up my headphones when I'm done with them. I can't just take them off and chuck them in my bag or anywhere without me folding them up neatly. I hate having to untangle them, and this does prevent it from happening 95% of the time.

I also wear shoes in the house, but I never wear the shoes outside. This is more of a recent thing in the last two years, I guess. This comes after my dog, who'd obviously chewed up something he probably shouldn't have chewed up, puked right outside my room and ran off... I didn't notice until it was between my toes.

I also feel weird about posting this with the shortest sentence at the top, and a paragraph at the bottom. I also had to include an even number of spaces between this, and the before mentioned paragraph.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

I just realised I eat sandwiches weird if they're cut diagonally in half, I always bite the corners off first before biting the middle.

Also I alsolutely must have my earphones in the correct ears. Sometimes I have to double check. :/
    The less chance we have of being killed." ~ William Topaz McGonagall (1830-1902)

is not a douche Weird Habits? Bubble Boy's Avatar

Scratch my chin a lot. Is that considered weird?

Arachnie Suicide Weird Habits? ChloChloAriadne's Avatar

Like a few people here, I'm a folder. I fold things before I put them in the garbage.

Also, I eat in a spiral. As in, I eat INTO the middle of the food. Almost no matter what it is. I will bite off the outsides and continue biting off the outsides until there is nothing left.
    I've been on this site since 2006 woah

Juppiter Adept Weird Habits? TheNiteAngel's Avatar

Other than the usual nail-biting, I also bite the edges of my fingers themselves like if the skin is uneven on either side of the nail. Kinda gross and trying to stop...

I scratch my chin a lot when I'm nervous about anything.

I guess I also eat kinda funny. I used to be worse about it but often I will eat the meal in portions. Say I have a piece of chicken, mac n cheese, and green beans. I pick one of the three and eat it entirely before I allow myself to touch either of the other two. I will drink if I get really thirsty but generally I only take a drink between 2 items of food. But I normally drink a lot once I'm finished
    Own: Origins (I&II), III (DS), Chronicles (IV), Anthology (V&VI), VII, 7-DoC, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, Tactics, TA

Looking to Buy: TA2, and XII-RW

Haven't played: XIII, 7-CC, XIIRW, TA2

Complete: I, II, III, IV, VII, VIII, X, MQ

-I am something of a perfectionist in that I don't consider a run through to the end a complete game. I have to complete everything possible.

Favorite non-FF RPG: Legend of Dragoon (Total Complete 8 times)

Current Goal: Bit of a break from Final Fantasy and into Kingdom Hearts. I've beaten Kh, Re:CoM, and I'm halfway through both KH2 and Days

Blog Entries

I just noticed I do something weird. I eat most of my food with a fork. I will not eat with a spoon unless it's soup or cereal with milk. Last night when my roommate made dinner, she gave out spoons instead of forks. I was like, what is this? I need a fork.

If there isn't a fork available, I will usually wash one.
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

Genocide Unfolds, I Forgive All Chez Daja's Avatar

After reading this thread, I have come to the conclusion that I don't have any weird habits. Although I do crack my joints a lot if that counts; knuckles, neck, back. I do it once or twice a day; I can't help it. If I don't do it, my joints really ache.

The person in my avatar is me.

THIS SIGNATURE IS VERY DISTRACTINGS

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

All is One.One is All. Weird Habits? Firefly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrLeonhart View Post
    Say I have a piece of chicken, mac n cheese, and green beans. I pick one of the three and eat it entirely before I allow myself to touch either of the other two.
    I do this,too. Not on purpose,but because I do it without realizing it. My other habit is popping my fingers,I don't do it all the time,but I pop my fingers at least twice a day. Its a weird habit ^^"
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Blog Entries

I sleep with the fan on all year round. Even in winter. I think the sound soothes me and I like for there to be air circulating in the room, while I sleep.

Also according to my boyfriend, I vacuum in a funny way. Lol. He said to me one day, 'Did you know women vacuum all over the place and men vacuum in a straight line?'

I said to him, 'Well maybe you should vacuum then, Mister I'm a man, I vacuum in a straight line. Not that you vacuum anyway!' Hahaha.

Whether I am feeling nervous or just want to move, I tend to either rock back and forth or bounce one of my legs (or both) when sitting in a typical chair.

I don't really have any other odd habits.

I like the sound of a fan, ac, or air purifier always there. It blocks out the sound of traffic, I also bite my nails, and eat one food before the next. Nothing to weird acept maybe keeping my arms moving when I'm bored.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla

Registered User Weird Habits? Vogue Star's Avatar

Wow, there are quite a few people with similar habits to me.

* I check the time loads. If I'm meeting someone at a certain time, I will check the time at least one a minute.
    * I can't mix food on my plate. I have to eat the main thing first, and everything else separately.
    * I like to chew the hard skin on the edge of my fingernails.
    * I like the feel of headphones in my ears, and sometimes get the bus and go into town with them in, but without music on...
    * I daydream an awful lot and often find myself daydreaming AT people by accident
    * If I'm eating small things, which are round, like grapes or malteasers (yum) I HAVE to eat them in twos.
    * I also like to pull my eyelashes out and rub my eyebrows

The worst thing, however, is probably my obsessive fridge organizing. Everything MUST be on the correct shelf in the correct place, or I get really, really annoyed. And, all food has to be circulated, with the fresher things further back.
    I'm like a fridge Monica!
    There are probably loads of others that I'm unaware of

A few more...

I've noticed that I go slightly cross-eyed when I take a drag on a cigarette. I don't know why I'm fascinated by the cig smouldering away when I do so, or whether it's the effect of the nicotine (I don't smoke that often, so I'm not exactly used to them).

Also, at work, I must have all my notes/bills exactly the same way up, and get very grumpy and paranoid, and if I notice a note placed wrongly, I rectify it immediately. One of my managers thought I had OCD; I told him not at all, my house is a mess!

I hate having the TV off, even if I'm not watching it. It's better company than the other half has been, of late...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast