Thread: Turn things around!

The Bad Boy of TFF Turn things around! Block's Avatar

Turn things around!

One of my favorite threads (of my own) to read had to have been Worst Day Ever, but it left me feeling a little down and out. Then Che posted and I thought to myself, "I should make a thread about your best day ever!"

Then I got high... forgot about it for a couple of days and remembered it just now. So here's the deal. Best day!

My best day took place during my worst job at McDonald's as a manager. I was working a 1 to 9 (pm) and was about 10 minutes from heading out the door. I was approached by Antonia with a wallet she had found. I took the wallet and placed it in the safe in the office then headed out the door. Outside on the pavement I noticed a white envelope and picked it up. Inside? $600. I was in complete shock. I went home, changed, and rolled out to Wal-Mart to pick up gifts for my friends and family (Christmas was about 3 weeks out I believe). That day was awesome.

Unfortunately I later found out that the wallet that was handed to me was also where that $600 belonged...

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This will be the most gheeeeyest post that will be made here.

The day I joined here. I've met some of the most wonderful folks since that day, I've made some lifelong friends, and the person I care deeply about and love. There has been a shit ton of drama, which wasn't the parts I liked most - rowing with mods because of warnings, rowing with members in some TFF war thing, rowing with some more members about multi-accounts, and then even losing one of my first closest friends on here because of the word "love".

So wondering in here on a day that I was heartbroken turned out to be one of the coolest choices I've ever made. Even through the bad, there is some good, and I feel at my best yet!

So before you're all thinking wtf, I'll pick some more highlights - because that wasn't the best day on its own.

My mum took me and my brother to the Millennium Dome when it was first constructed (waaay before it became the football place (which I went to on a school trip) or the O2 Arena (which I went to when I saw the Body Worlds thingy)(hey, I've been there loads!). Having a day that was so full of activities, and running around and taking pictures of everything.

And finally, my NRA (leaving party at school). It was the first time anyone had seen me wear a dress in the five years I'd been at the school. The after party sucked with the chav scum and ghetto kids giving it on the dance floor, and the chocolate fountain that tasted like shit. So, my mum drove me home, making a stop at a Off Licence on the way home, bought some drinks, and we had a little party at my house. Sure, it was a sad day because I'd never get to go to that school again, or see some of the people any more, but having a day to put everything behind you and look to the future made it all that little bit worth while.
    Last edited by Unknown Entity; 01-25-2010 at 07:23 AM.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

When I read NRA Charlton Heston came to mind immediately. Then of course "Damn dirty apes!" right after that. I'm glad to see you're filled with optimism UE!

.............. Turn things around! smurphy's Avatar
    Best day of my life(so far)? Finding out me and my classmates(9 of us, not a HUGE class) would be going to Strasbourg for 5 days at the expense of the E.U. As well as this, the trip was on short notice and it was at the end of the year so we were exempt from summer exams because of it. Talk about a run of luck. The trip itself wasnt that bad.

Like unknown entity i would like to see my equivalent of the NRA as a high point for the same reasons. Similarly mine was actually sh*t. Scratch that. The low point of my life( lets just say my date, who i was REALLY infatuated with for a few years, decided then to show me she was actually a b*tch. Oh and some of my closest friends showed me their bad side as well). I could have lived with that if i knew i wouldnt see any of them again. Well i would. Why? Because my graduation(ceremony and after party) was in f*cking Febuary, 4 months before my final exams. Trust the Irish to do things awkwardly..............
    Last edited by smurphy; 01-25-2010 at 02:21 PM. Reason: punctuation

OK, so what is the
    NRA
    you guys are talking about? Obviously not the National Rifle Association (effing America ). So what is it exactly?

Well dont quote me on this but i imagine its the equivalent of your high school graduation. Except wholly meretricious.

Quote Originally Posted by smurphy View Post
    Except wholly meretricious.
    LOL! That doesn't surprise me at all. I think it's harder to not graduate high school in America than it is to graduate. And that is just sad.

From what i hear the British system is worse. One of my acquaintences from the time i lived in london told me that in some of his subjects all he needed to get an "a" was around 40%. The exams(A levels) from what ive seen anyway are designed for toddlers. They only have to do 4 subjects as well. So its probably easier to get an "a" than it isnt.

Compare it to the Irish system and us Irish will start looking like masochists. Which is sorta true.

Death Before Dishonor Turn things around! Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Best day ever was enlisting in the marines. It changed my life, get to go to school for free. All my bills are taken care of by the government. All is well for me. Real good choice for me.

A close second would be winning my first ever MMA fight. Knock him the f*ck out now I have a shot at some pro fights. Apparently I am the shit...

Quote Originally Posted by Block View Post
    LOL! That doesn't surprise me at all. I think it's harder to not graduate high school in America than it is to graduate. And that is just sad.
    High school I graduated from in Kentucky sucked. Half of my graduating class couldn't even f*cking read. Stupid ass rednecks...

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Registered User Turn things around!
    Best day, eh?

Hmmm... I suppose it would have to be the day that I got my braces off my teeth. I hated those things with a passion, but I needed them, and now I have a pretty-pretty smile. I wish I would have remembered to wear my retainer though. Anyway, once I got my braces off, I gained a lot of confidence that I didn't have before and felt really good about my appearance.

Hooray for my own vanity!
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Good day? Last good day I had was when I got a letter from the hospital saying my account was closed. Pretty much the 30k + I would have owed them for staying there for 5 days was taken care of.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    Good day? Last good day I had was when I got a letter from the hospital saying my account was closed. Pretty much the 30k + I would have owed them for staying there for 5 days was taken care of.
    Hospitals are like the most expensive hotels in the world...

Registered User Turn things around! Yesha's Avatar
    The best day was.. when I had my very own computer to use on my bedroom.. without even asking it..

originaLLy, we have two computers.. and my dad just decided to give me the other one! :-)
    CLICK IT! TO SEE MY STUFFS:

Quote for the month:
    “Try harder to succeed.”

What am I Loving right now?:
    YOU!

My Art Thread: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...ngs-lol-3.html

"HELLO GUYS!"

Quote Originally Posted by *Yesha* View Post
    The best day was.. when I had my very own computer to use on my bedroom..
    that was probably a best day for every member of this forum. Your own computer is empowering and fantastic. Every time you get a new computer even excitement is in the seat of your pants when you turn it on.

Good Day Yesha!

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    I have had too many awesome days (and I have too shit a memory) to pick out one as being the best.

Recently though it was Block coming onto the forums. Also that vegetarian thread. We need more threads like that for when I'm bored at work and needing a laugh.
    victoria aut mors

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    Recently though it was Block coming onto the forums. Also that vegetarian thread. We need more threads like that for when I'm bored at work and needing a laugh.
    Silver! You are way too nice my man! That vegetarian thread was pretty great. There was some good info hidden amongst the posts in there.

Asking all the personal questions. Turn things around! RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries
    This is a piece of cake the best day or days would be my wedding day and of course my childrens birth days.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III