Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Things That Go Bump in the Night...

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Eastwood
    Mannequins freak me out, and the reason for this is because when I was a kid, I had a nightmare (not really, but that's how I see it) that a mannequin came to life.
    That makes me think of the first episode of Doctor Who, when all the mannequins came to life while Rose was closing up. That is pretty scary. Especially when you're in the storeroom of one of those huge clothing stores that have dozens of mannequins lined up.

So let's see, things that creep me out.....well, first would have to be being alone at night. Indoors isn't so bad, but if I'm outdoors when it's dark and no one else is on the street with me, I just get really freaked out and run home as fast as I can. It's just paranoia mixed with those movies I used to watch when I was a kid where people would be walking the street by themselves and some guy in a mask would come up and stab them in the chest. >.> Indoors, I feel more secure, but if I'm alone at night, I still feel a little nervous.

Another thing that scares me to death are spiders. The bigger it is, the more likely I am to scream and run away. They're just so creepy! I was sitting there one time, doing my homework in the dining room, and when I looked up to check the time, this monster spider was dangling in front of my face from the chandelier. ;_; It made me fall backwards in my chair and break my pencil.

#LOCKE4GOD Things That Go Bump in the Night... Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, I live in quite an old house, 1930s. Apart from the wiring being a little bit sh*t, it's all good. But, it does creak.. a lot.

There's something about creaks that you notice more when you are alone. This makes no sense, as surely creaky bits would creak more when people are around. One time, however, I was home alone, and I heard a series of cracks that seemed just... too... strange...

So, I went into my cupboard, and pulled out some old toy $2 Shop guns. With both guns pointed firmly out, I crept around the house, jumping around corners to gain an initiative on them (if there's one thing Valkyrie Profile has taught me, it's to throw photons at enemied first... but I can't use photons... so I've got to strike first).

Turns out no one was there.

I like to think that they could smell my awesome (I hadn't washed yet).

I don't know what I would've done if I had actually encountered an intruder, but those plastic guns with orange tips sure made me feel secure...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2