Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Problems people are having with TFF.

Bananarama Problems people are having with TFF. Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anathematised Anachronism View Post
    I haven't got any 'new thing' going. And I know I'm being hypocritical. I realised that when I posted it. I was sharing an opinion, that you can do all the shit that you want but in the end you're not going to improve the place. Change what you like, the personality of this place hasn't ever changed, and never will.
    It's times like these when I wish I had a really big buzzer like on those game shows just to show how wrong you are.

This place actually used to be a lot of fun with some incredibly chill people. It used to be more lax and people were more free to talk about what they wanted without so much of the spam and regulatory bullshit. The word game forum never existed, and was a part of gen chat. Granted, as more members came, there was a need for a distinction, cause real topics and stupid fun topics would clog each other up now, fo sho.

Newbies also had a backbone and wouldn't breakdown, cry and leave after Mike dropped an obligatory bus on them. This is mostly cause it's the internet and for the most part, nothing that happens on it can really do you any serious harm. Plus, everything was taken in jest. It wasn't like Mike actually wished death upon anyone, it was just his way of saying hey. Plus, I don't think there's anything wrong with ribbing newbies, as long as it's not malicious.

Also, when those muppets collectively known as the Brotherhood of Doom showed up, this place took a downward spiral. The general mood god almost brooding and had a real "living in your mothers basement" vibe to it. Personally I'm glad that shit's over, so it's more chill.

Nowadays, it looks like the whole "wah wah, I'm broken and so emo" trend is more dominant, though I'm hoping that craps over soon too. Before, it was splitting time with the whole rape nuns and kill Christians deal. Now it's the whole "nobody loves me" spiel.

Eventually, it'll be like it was, back in the day, with mostly well-adjusted kids who come here as a means of entertainment and community. Just a chill place where people can BS and kill some time when they've got nothin better to do.
    Last edited by Pete; 08-05-2008 at 10:32 PM.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Entity View Post
    Erm, maybe a problem with this site is that not enough is being done for people to get to know eachother. Maybe the place needs a new sence of community?
    Maybe not quite what you had in mind, but before, we had a decently active TFF chat. That's where I met the majority of the people I still talk to today on here, and others who have left I still talk to. Personally, I find it's a better way to get to know people, as you can talk to each other in real time. Sure, you can IM specific people, but actually approaching a person can be a little more intimidating, or you might have less reason to actually do so. Visitor Messages are probably the closest thing we have, but that's still quite far from chat. And in my opinion, you have to go a little too out of your way to PM someone, so I, for one, rarely do it.

I know a group of people on here have those MSN chats, but aren't those by invitation? The AIM TFF chat, anyone who had AIM could join.

AIM isn't quite part of TFF, but it could be used as an extension of the community. Even better if you could get something like that going on the forum itself, but I don't know how possible that'd be.

To be honest, though, I don't expect it'd be popular enough to revive it. I think I saw a few attempts to do so here and there, and it didn't seem to get anywhere. But I suppose it could happen.

As for problems with this place, nah, I don't really have any. It seems some people are having problems, and I'm honestly not sure what it's about. Maybe because I've been pretty inactive as of late. I guess I missed it.

Anyway, I really agree that people not knowing each other is probably a major contributor to the problems. From casual observation, I'd describe the general atmosphere around here as "cold". This includes the way I am around here as well. I don't know many of the active posters. People would need to know each other to change the atmosphere, I think.

Just my opinion there. It's not even so serious of a suggestion.
    Last edited by Fluffy; 08-06-2008 at 01:10 AM.

Banned Problems people are having with TFF. Jesus Christ's Avatar
    In the hearts of the little boys and girls
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    Newbies also had a backbone and wouldn't breakdown, cry and leave after Mike dropped an obligatory bus on them. This is mostly cause it's the internet and for the most part, nothing that happens on it can really do you any serious harm.
    This idea here is lost on a lot of people and that's sad. The internet is not really serious business. Everyone is so ****ing dramatic about things like their forum "not being like it used to". It's the internet, does no harm, and shouldn't be harming you. If it is, maybe you have a problem.

Go with me, Exkaizer~ Problems people are having with TFF. Treize's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda
    I don't know if my post was ignored or just not read completely, but I did offer a possible solution to ease future tensions. I suggested the revival of the mentoring with the newbies. Loco knows what I'm talking about. I know that the TFF Family tries to help link people together, but it is usually just friends. This actually puts people together and in some ways gives you someone to talk to and someone you are responsible for. It is an idea.
    If there is a problem between older and newer members, I think we should bring this back. I thought that the adopt a newbie foundation was really nice when I joined. If I would have participated in this I wouldn't have been such a newb when I first joined. I don't think that TFF Family really does much for helping newer members.

Also I think that people should stop complaining about the rules and the mods. From what I can tell the mods are very fair and the rules are pretty easy to follow. I've never gotten a warning, but if anyone does, it isn't that big of a deal seeing as they expire after 90 days. If anything I think the mods could be a little stricter sometimes. I see a lot of spam and it sometimes gets on my nerves. Also I see there are some threads that have served their purpose and could just be closed. I still remember that Anima's gender thread. There were over 50 people who posted the exact same thing.

I don't really see why people are having problems with TFF. It seems the same as it has been to me. I'm still confused as to why so many people are leaving at once. I think that if anyone is just having problems with a specific people then you should just ignore them. You can stop them from sending you PMs and VMs. If it gets out of hand, you can just report it. I don't see it as that big of a deal. As for the forums as a whole, I don't really see a problem. I would just like to see the members who left to come back.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall333 View Post
    Also I think that people should stop complaining about the rules and the mods. From what I can tell the mods are very fair and the rules are pretty easy to follow.
    I completely agree, I know of only one instance where a mod was accused of being unfair which was the B.O.D. exodus and in my eyes the mods where right in their actions. The mods here are not bad people and they have what most mods on other sites do not have, common sence! I really don't get why people are saying anything bad about the mods or site admins. If anything thing compaired to other forums I have been on the mods are more lax.

I don't really see why people are having problems with TFF. It seems the same as it has been to me. I'm still confused as to why so many people are leaving at once.
    I really don't see any differences either, I have seen a change in some of the newer memebers. I still love coming here.

I think that if anyone is just having problems with a specific people then you should just ignore them. You can stop them from sending you PMs and VMs. If it gets out of hand, you can just report it. I don't see it as that big of a deal.
    I know if someone has that big of a problem there is always the ignore list in user CP that would solve part of thier problem, but then again some of the newer members probably don't know about that feature. But then again how would they know if they don't ask.

As for the forums as a whole, I don't really see a problem. I would just like to see the members who left to come back.
    Once again agreed, and I hope this comes to be.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Air from my lungs. Problems people are having with TFF. Violet's Avatar
    You know. There really is no problem here. The only problem I can think of is how everyone was mad at each other in that one thread.. and it was resolved, was it not? So why is everyone over-reacting? By leaving TFF, you're just plunging it further down the hole. You're not helping anything. I'm proud of the members that stay here and try to help restore whatever "problem" is the issue at hand.

Au revoir. Problems people are having with TFF. Doc Rocco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Violet View Post
    You know. There really is no problem here. The only problem I can think of is how everyone was mad at each other in that one thread.. and it was resolved, was it not? So why is everyone over-reacting? By leaving TFF, you're just plunging it further down the hole. You're not helping anything. I'm proud of the members that stay here and try to help restore whatever "problem" is the issue at hand.
    I agree 100%. Granted, the was a bit of furore a week or two back which I was a part of. But it was resolved. Everyone involved is over it, so we shouldn't need to bring it up any more.

Leaving will only worsen the situation. If you think TFF is going down the hole, stay and try to help address the issues you feel are worsening the situation. Being all cryptic and saying "TFF is going badly" doesn't help those who stay improve the place. If you're going to leave, tell us why. We who remain will try and improve on it and maybe welcome you back. Even better, post here and get it out into the open. Then everyone will be able to tackle the problem.

|Rocco's LiveJournal| = |SPSGE| = |Request Avatars and Banners|

"I can't disappear yet..."
    Banner and avatar by myself.

TFF Family, Awards and random lunacy:

=TFF Family=

Lily, Craven, Froggie, Bleachfangirl, Priscilla,
    Hyzenthlay, Xeim, Crazy Chocobo, Halie, Refieth, Rikkuffx, Martin,
    FF Ace Cid, winterborn86, L Lawliet and T.G. Oskar.

PM/VM me to adopt me or join!

Because we're clones and stuff.

Memorable Quotes:
    Rachel : I hear you're advanced in twittery. =D
    Rocco : PhD level. =D
    Rachel : And beyond. =D

Ann: It's like asking someone "How do you brush your teeth?"
    "What's your methods of toenail cutting?" "How do you get rid of nosehairs?"

Jules: Bullshit. She thought it happened.
    Rocco: It was that quick huh?

Cilla: Closets are so hot.

TFF vs. World's Biggest Idiots:
    Matt :
    y = X x T
    -----
    C x V
    y= -6
    Rachel : For what, may I ask? Your intelligence?
    Let X, T, C and V all equal zero.
    Rachel : And you'd still come up with -6, because, let's face it, you're not the brightest spark.

TOM: thought id take a pic of mine [his penis] and show u's
    TOM: its nice aye
    George: i wanan touch it

TOM: i will go ****ing hulk on your ass ok
    .::.Sammy.::. : ill go like super sayian 5

Quotes of Lily's:

Hayden says:
    r u sure theres not a man standing behind u with a knife
    Rachel says:
    Quite sure.
    Hayden says:
    maybe its me
    Rachel says:
    I seriously doubt that your IQ is high enough for it to occur to you that you cannot walk through solid objects.

=Lily on Freema Agyeman [Slightly paraphrased]=
    Lily says: Freema is so pretty.
    Lily says: I wish I was her.
    Lily says: She is mind-bogglingly sexy.
    Lily says: Seriously, if I had to choose between her and David Tennant, I'd SO choose her.
    Lily says: *glomps Freema to death and rips her clothes off*

Member of FF Cult

TFF's Token Imp Problems people are having with TFF. Martin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ok then... arguably crisis over?

My problem was the members leaving, so if that's the case and it's down to something that happened which has been resolved then that's fine. My only concern is members leaving at the moment, but the more I think about it that's life really. It's more the amount leaving in the timeframe that has happened. That I think is a worry. Perhaps things have been over-dramatised and I should take some of the blame for that - but with what's been happening recently I don't think that anyone could really blame me.
    Spoiler:

Care to have a look at my WordPress Journal?

Air from my lungs. Problems people are having with TFF. Violet's Avatar
    The thing is, people are trying to find something to be upset at.. and making MORE drama in the mean time. It's disturbing a lot of the members. But like I said, leaving wont help that. It might selfishly help themselves, but they're basically leaving all the hard work for the few of us that want to stay and make things better..

And one question is.. "How to get the lost members back?" Well, first, things need to settle down here. And in order to do that, any hard feelings need to be put aside.

Registered User Problems people are having with TFF. Dimi's Avatar
    Originally posted by Violet
    Along with Rocco, I too agree with what Ann said. Everything seemed fine with other members until the whole Gunslinger (And I don't mean to single you out.) drama occured as well with the VM's.

And somewhere along the way, the whole "Mods/Admins vs. Members" issue was being brought up by other members in here. When I first joined TFF, I wasn't a well established member. I'm not going to lie. I couldn't stand Toph at first because of her bluntness. But if you actually get to know members apart from their persona on here, you can see that she's just doing what's she supposed to do as a mod. So she's blunt. So she can be a bitch at times. But it doesn't mean that she's heartless and has no spine.

And it's always been that way with mods. Since the day I joined, I've noticed that there's always certain members that feel singled out by mods. And some advice for the newer members, look at being warned or being directed about certain things as advice on here instead of thinking, "Oh. He/She hates me. That's why I'm getting warned."

A majority of us are nice and respectful. But if you're going to cause drama and act disrespectful to people on here, don't be expected to be handed with hugs and kisses.

As for members leaving...It's a sad thing. I like all the people that have left this far. But as forum regulars, it would be even better if you guys stood here and try to move forward and put everything behind. If you guys are having issues with real life issues, it's completely fine. But as have other people mentioned, the best thing to resolve all of this is to give noobs some sort of guidance, spark up some new activities and revive old activities that older members from TFF would know.

But in order for all of this to work, people on here just need to let this drama go and try to resolve things instead of running away or creating more.

Blog Entries
    Believe it or not, this isn't the first time we've had an exodus of regular members. It probably won't be the last, either. Just give it time, things will settle down, and new members will become regulars. It seems to be something of a normal cycle, nothing to worry about. Some members will show up a few months or even a year down the road, and some will never return. That's just how it goes. TFF isn't withering away or anything, the community is just shifting a bit.

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

I invented Go-Gurt. Problems people are having with TFF. Clint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Arcano View Post
    Everything seemed fine with other members until the whole Gunslinger (And I don't mean to single you out.) drama occured as well with the VM's.
    You know, I had nothing to do with the whole "Mods/Admins vs. Members" argument going on here. The scuffle that I was in was about something completely different. So anyway, I figured that everybody was pissed at me, so I took it upon myself and left. Well, it didn't help at all. After I left, about four other people left, so I figured that I don't really have anything to do with the reason why people are leaving.

Registered User Problems people are having with TFF. Dimi's Avatar
    Originally posted by Gunslinger
    You know, I had nothing to do with the whole "Mods/Admins vs. Members" argument going on here. The scuffle that I was in was about something completely different. So anyway, I figured that everybody was pissed at me, so I took it upon myself and left. Well, it didn't help at all. After I left, about four other people left, so I figured that I don't really have anything to do with the reason why people are leaving.
    I know you didn't. I said in my previous posts that other members in here were mentioning about mods treating them unfairly.

And it's good that you're back and here to stay. Everyone deserves a second chance. I just think that aside from this, there's many issues taking place on TFF. It's just amazing how little things here and there sparked up something so big.

But eventually and hopefully, everyone will come back once things cool off and things will be okay again. Personally, I don't blame anyone on anything on the issues here. I just think that there is this huge misunderstanding between noobs to normal members to mod/admins which is why I think getting to know other people would be good instead of having pre conceived notions of someone.

Genocide Unfolds, I Forgive All Chez Daja's Avatar
    I haven't got any 'new thing' going. And I know I'm being hypocritical. I realised that when I posted it. I was sharing an opinion, that you can do all the shit that you want but in the end you're not going to improve the place. Change what you like, the personality of this place hasn't ever changed, and never will.
    Says the silly girl who's only been here for two years.
    It was way different when it started. In fact, it was even different back when I joined. I can see a massive change. TFF was great once upon a time, and was probably even better before.
    New groups showed up and we lost older members. Ones that provided the novelty of the forums. Those days are gone, so now we're trying to make it a better place again.

I hear stories of before I was even a member and they sounded ****ing fun.
    Last edited by Chez Daja; 08-06-2008 at 07:48 AM.

The person in my avatar is me.

THIS SIGNATURE IS VERY DISTRACTINGS

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

Pete comes in for the win.

I hear the same things now that I hear six years ago. The mods are corrupt, the mods play favorites, old members are condescending to new members. While all of that is true to a degree, you figure that out after two weeks or so of being here. You can try to change it, or take it, or leave.

The truth is TFF is better moderated than it has been for some time. There are still some staff members who play favorites and such, but it is all around better. Cain Highwind and Cesar are probably the best administrators this forum has seen, and are actually active enough to help people with their problems. Also, the BoD is gone, so how can you not enjoy this place?

Ok, after reading through ALL the posts, I'm going to put my two cents worth in. I've not been a member for that long, but I have quietly noticed a few things myself.
    First of all I just checked, and there are 48 pages, yes I said 48 pages of General Chat in this forum. They date clear back to 2006, and obviously have been brought up again and again. Are they kept there for future references, or lack of ability to either delete them or send them to a vault (not literally but you know what I mean)
    I've also noticed over a bit of time, that the same threads are started by different members. Personally, I would think that once was enough, and I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but seriously, how many times does the same topic have to come up before it's noticed? I think over 2 years of threads is a little much. Someone, I can't remember who, told me just recently, if it's almost to the second page, leave it alone. So I think some of the back up needs to be cleared out.

As for the Mods, I've personally not had any problem with them. When I first became a member I did get a warning.....I tried to post to someone from their journal....baby got her hand smacked. And that's okay. There was no big war over it. We all learn from our mistakes. So I don't think that any new member should feel like they are being attacked if they get a warning in the beginning. Like many have already said, read the rules.

Personally, I enjoy coming on here, reading through and participating in the General Chat and Intellectual Discussions. But here lately, it's been slow. I don't want this to sound predjudice, I don't mean for it to be like that, but don't you think that some of the area's of the forums should be limited to certain ages? I mean, I know there are some on here under 14 or 15. And then you have someone ten years older or more, that try to start an intelligent subject, and it spirals downhill quickly. And some of it has to do with the age differences.

There's nothing wrong with having fun on the forum, it's TFF like others have said, but when you start having some go in and basically starting arguments or simply being fools because they are young and want to piss someone off, that can sometimes make a few question sticking around. I know you aren't babysitters, but honestly, there are a few on here with high warnings that should really show a little more respect to all members.

This is suppose to be a place for everyone to be able to come to and chat with friends, make new friends, and feel comfortable doing so. And anyone that is here for other reasons, meaning unfriendly or otherwise, well...................I guess they don't need to be here. But the question is, how are you going to monitor that?

Kudo's to the Mod's. You're doing a great job, and best of luck to you on this thread. It's a great thread with lots of input. I hope all sides will work together in any solutions found.

That One Guy Problems people are having with TFF. dimmufan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall333 View Post
    If there is a problem between older and newer members, I think we should bring this back. I thought that the adopt a newbie foundation was really nice when I joined. If I would have participated in this I wouldn't have been such a newb when I first joined. I don't think that TFF Family really does much for helping newer members.
    Agreed. TFF is the very first forum I ever joined. I didn't even know what half of the rules meant. I recieved a couple of warnings in my first month because of that. I even got a few neg reps from the noobishness of my posts. Even though I've been here over a year, and am a member of a few other forums, I barely learned what trolling was from reading the revised rules. Anyways, I think verbal warnings would be more appropriate for noobs as well as a "TFF Adopt A Noobie Foundation" so that forum "beginners" can learn what the hell is going on.
    2% of teens haven't tried smoking pot or drinking, if you're one of the 98% who has, then post this in your signature.

Arachnie Suicide Problems people are having with TFF. ChloChloAriadne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chez Daja View Post
    Says the silly girl who's only been here for two years.
    It was way different when it started. In fact, it was even different back when I joined. I can see a massive change. TFF was great once upon a time, and was probably even better before.
    New groups showed up and we lost older members. Ones that provided the novelty of the forums. Those days are gone, so now we're trying to make it a better place again.

I hear stories of before I was even a member and they sounded ****ing fun.
    I was at school and not well described. But ever since I've been here, it's just been going around in circles. Every now and then a bunch of members leave and everybody thinks TFF's dying. THAT isn't going to change. I think it's silly looking to create a problem that isn't really there. Can't change time.
    I've been on this site since 2006 woah

Quote Originally Posted by Koda View Post
    I can't remember who, told me just recently, if it's almost to the second page, leave it alone.
    I think that person you where refering to was me, I have said something of that sort in the past but I think you took my words out of context. What I have said in the past is that if it makes it to page 2 it is more then likely a dead thread and theres not really a point in posting into it. That is not the case for all of the threads. The main point I was getting at was that usualy when a thread hits page 2 nobody goes to look at them anymore.

But not thats a "problem with TFF" or anything but there has been a lot of simular post come up as of late.

I have also noticed alot of threads popping up that should just be a post in the help threads but once again this comes from lack of experiance for the newer memebers.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Synthesized Ascension Problems people are having with TFF. Zardoch's Avatar
    You know, one of the first things I learned when creating a forum is how too many forums can be unhealthy for the site as a whole. Sure, there are your basic forums you need, but there are some that are obviously not going to get that much attention, so why create a forum when you can create a thread or two on the same subject?

An example? How about the digital forum? Sure, it's somewhat needed, but quite often you either have someone asking about some computer-related issue or something as simple as "firefox vs. this or that". Honestly, those things don't matter and are typically spam, though the questions regarding such things as computers or whatever can be created in the "How Do I" forum.

I think what we need to do is scale down the amount of forums we have and focus on the ones that get the most activity or SHOULD get the most activity, or at least we should put together a list of what forums we want to be ACTIVE.

The problem is that there are so many forums that, in a way, it's "overwhelming" for some people. It's like stretching people out and expecting them to post in EVERYTHING to keep it active. We know people want to have an active "Art" forum where they can post pictures, graphics, and other similar subjects, but these are only a handful of people. If the site were more geared towards such things, it probably would be the most active.

So my suggestion is to merely scale-down somethings and try to focus on what we want rather than just letting people run around doing anything and everything. We need to get people involved and create a tighter community so that everyone gets a chance to do something. It's like an old RPing forum I use to go too. It survived for YEARS because there was only like 4-10 people you would ALWAYS see continue to stay active and work together. That's what we want, but on a larger scale. In this case, as Xeim would put it in my TFF academy, simplicity is the way to go. Make it simple, fun, and interactive.

But ever since I've been here, it's just been going around in circles. Every now and then a bunch of members leave and everybody thinks TFF's dying. THAT isn't going to change. I think it's silly looking to create a problem that isn't really there. Can't change time.
    News flash, you've only been here two years, it's not that long when you're looking at a forum that's been here for a decade. TFF has changed before and it can change again.
    Nobody thinks TFF's dying. We're just losing productive members lately. New members will come, but we'd rather keep some of the older ones if we can.

And there IS a problem here, little as it could be. There have been members who feel like they've been poorly treated by us, hence why we're trying to put rectification to our problems. I'm not saying everybodies' always going to be happy, but we all admit there are somethings that either could've been avoided, or could've been treated in a possible fairer manner in the past.
    There problem may not be a big one, but somebody had it in their minds when they made this thread that people weren't always fairly treated and they'd like to help to combat against that kind of thing.

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

Quote Originally Posted by Chez Daja View Post
    News flash, you've only been here two years, it's not that long when you're looking at a forum that's been here for a decade. TFF has changed before and it can change again.
    Nobody thinks TFF's dying. We're just losing productive members lately. New members will come, but we'd rather keep some of the older ones if we can.

And there IS a problem here, little as it could be. There have been members who feel like they've been poorly treated by us, hence why we're trying to put rectification to our problems. I'm not saying everybodies' always going to be happy, but we all admit there are somethings that either could've been avoided, or could've been treated in a possible fairer manner in the past.
    There problem may not be a big one, but somebody had it in their minds when they made this thread that people weren't always fairly treated and they'd like to help to combat against that kind of thing.

You're seemingly not replying to anywhere else I ask, so albiet this being spam I'll ask here -

What is N/A thread rep and what shit am I spreading?

Lady Succubus Problems people are having with TFF. Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    N/A means either the post you've been repped on or the thread has been deleted.
    And the stuff you're spreading is the whole atmosphere of "Hi. This place sucks, go away."

Which isn't very good.. (Notice I said atmosphere, not the actual words.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Sheena View Post
    N/A means either the post you've been repped on or the thread has been deleted.
    And the stuff you're spreading is the whole atmosphere of "Hi. This place sucks, go away."

Which isn't very good.. (Notice I said atmosphere, not the actual words.)
    =/ I've never said or implied anything like that. Point out three posts where I do? Because I'm seriously ****ing clueless right now. Also, what was deleted in that case?

The Old Skool Warrior Problems people are having with TFF. LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    =D

Hey, welcome, yadda yadda.

And yep, you'll probably leave.

In fact, within a few days you'll probably piss off due to "zomg dramazz."
    I believe this is one of those examples they're referencing.

It may be glaringly sarcastic to you, but not everyone may see it that way.

I think TFF is just sad.

If you don't like it and aren't prepared to put up with what you don't like, don't post having a bloody sook about it, go find a forum elsewhere =/.

You're not going to make it any better. Give up. Find something better to do.
    That one's right here in this thread.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

You're seemingly not replying to anywhere else I ask, so albiet this being spam I'll ask here -

What is N/A thread rep and what shit am I spreading?
    Lolz, I'm not here constantly like some, you know. And I don't always reply to messages until the next day. I'm a pretty busy person lately. And Cesar is correct. Your new-found sense of sarcasm is more annoying than the emo phase. But I disgress. I don't want to have an arguement with you about this new you, because that's your personal choice and I don't want to appear as though I'm pestering you about it because I think we could all really care less about each others' leaf-turning, etc. I'm just saying, expect a little confusion and expect to receive many rolling eyes over the posts depicting the so-called drama. Now, to attempt at making this more about the original subject, I'll quote some other posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly
    So my suggestion is to merely scale-down somethings and try to focus on what we want rather than just letting people run around doing anything and everything. We need to get people involved and create a tighter community so that everyone gets a chance to do something. It's like an old RPing forum I use to go too. It survived for YEARS because there was only like 4-10 people you would ALWAYS see continue to stay active and work together. That's what we want, but on a larger scale. In this case, as Xeim would put it in my TFF academy, simplicity is the way to go. Make it simple, fun, and interactive.
    I agree. Scaling down is a wise decision. Actually, I think we might've done this once before? Am I right or wrong? In any case, I don't remember, but it's a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Koda
    As for the Mods, I've personally not had any problem with them. When I first became a member I did get a warning.....I tried to post to someone from their journal....baby got her hand smacked. And that's okay. There was no big war over it. We all learn from our mistakes. So I don't think that any new member should feel like they are being attacked if they get a warning in the beginning. Like many have already said, read the rules.
    I'm glad you posted this. I don't know, I just think it's good when there's no big arguement over "I DIDN'T DESERVE THIS WARNING", whether they did or didn't.

Oh my.

Four year members are pulling seniority on two year members, and insanity ensues. I patiently await Whitney or one of the super-veterans to educate the both of you. On what, you may ask? I don't know. I just don't like seeing women fighting.

Grizzly has a point. I scratch my head over the fact that Final Fantasy III has its own forum, while I and II share one. Do they really need to be separated? And don't get me started on Animation Corner.

I only bring up about a half dozen forums when I come on here, so I may miss something I would be interested in, like a feature film being in Animation Corner. It seems like a waste.

Lady Succubus Problems people are having with TFF. Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, Wall-E technically -is- animation.

Though to be on topic, I agree with Cesar. And as a sarcastic person, I have to say... Froggie, you're not doing it very well. Can you stop? ^^; Thanks. (Not to be taken literally or personally. "I'm just sayin'.")

Seriously, though. I don't think all the FF forums need to have their own either. Maybe two forums at most. I-VI and VII-XIII. Old and then New Skool FF's. I think we used to have it like that at one point, as an experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Sheena View Post
    Well, Wall-E technically -is- animation.
    I was referring to Aqua Teen from a year back, but that works too.

When people see Animation Corner, they think anime, or at least I do. The topics that usually show up as the latest tend to be anime, as well. While most of our members are likely interested in anime via playing Final Fantasy, I think other members ultimately don't check it.

I don't have a solution, though. While some in animation is on television, others aren't. I don't know what I am talking about. I think I am dying.

Maridia
    I would think we'de need some certain ones for their own. Like the newest ones such as XII and XIII tend to have alot of banter going on not to mention a new thread all the time about VII and how people can't stop their love for it. It could be good but might also get messy.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast