Thread: Hair!

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. Hair! noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hair!

Can we discuss this?

While I love my hair, right now, it's ridiculously long and the ends are split all to hell - at least 6 inches up. It's driving me insane.

Also, for whatever reason, during the Summer the last couple of years, my hair has decided it wants to stay dried out really bad. And even though I should know better than to buy any Garnier products (aside from their hair color) 'cuz it always effs up my hair, I bought this deep conditioner... Who in the hell puts exfoliating type beads in a -conditioner-? That seems so contradictory to me. As well as doesn't help one bit to make my hair not dry.

On the flip side of the coin, as dried out as my hair stays nowadays, if I don't wash it within 24 hrs of the previous washing, my roots start looking hella greasy. I think my hair is dried out, but I have an oily scalp.

Also, I really like John Freida's Radiantly Red shampoo + conditioner, but they only sell that junk at Walgreen's and it's nearly $10 for each one. I've been using Herbal Essences Hydralicious stuff, but sadly, I haven't been able to find the one that I normally use lately.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Hair! Xanatos's Avatar
    I have sharp, medium long, usually dry, hair, and I ****ing hate it sometimes. I use lots of gel which is of no good if I don't wash my hair specifically prior to that and not a moment sooner. As for my hairstyle, I tend to do the lazy version of Jin Kazama or something spikey if I'm in a hurry.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Death Before Dishonor Hair! Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I keep my head shaved as far as my trimmer will take it with no guard. I have thought about letting it grow out, but the first stage of my hairs growth is stupid cause it poofs out to the side before it sits correctly. So I just shave it down.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Blog Entries
    Oh. Yeah. My hair is ridiculously stick straight. I try curling it, but it just won't go. It'll be back to straight within like 10 minutes. On the other hand, if I tie it in a knot like I usually do right after I wash & blow dry it, it'll be somewhat wavy after I take it down.

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 Hair! Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries
    Okay, well, my hair is naturally curly. Every time I let it grow it starts to curl, and I end with a crazy curly afro, that I can legit turn into a regular afro, no lie, true story. I honestly would rather have straight hair so I could maybe have the same look as some cool Japanese guys or some Anime character's hair. Seriously, I would love to have hair like Cloud or Noctis, or just some awesome medium-short hair. It ticks me off so much, grrr >_< Some people like my curls, but some prefer it short, clean and slick lookin', especially during the summer time, and I agree with them wholeheartedly. I do like hair though as its own subject. I try to do some awesome female FF hairstyles on my mom, and she loves them. I don't always do it, but hey, it is good practice for when I have my own daughter, so I can make her hair nice until she learns how to do it herself.

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima View Post
    Okay, well, my hair is naturally curly. Every time I let it grow it starts to curl, and I end with a crazy curly afro, that I can legit turn into a regular afro, no lie, true story. I honestly would rather have straight hair so I could maybe have the same look as some cool Japanese guys or some Anime character's hair. Seriously, I would love to have hair like Cloud or Noctis, or just some awesome medium-short hair. It ticks me off so much, grrr >_< Some people like my curls, but some prefer it short, clean and slick lookin', especially during the summer time, and I agree with them wholeheartedly. I do like hair though as its own subject. I try to do some awesome female FF hairstyles on my mom, and she loves them. I don't always do it, but hey, it is good practice for when I have my own daughter, so I can make her hair nice until she learns how to do it herself.
    Can vouch for this. Have seen pics, and this man has the fiercest jew fro in all the land.

Mystyrion
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh_R View Post
    I keep my head shaved as far as my trimmer will take it with no guard. I have thought about letting it grow out, but the first stage of my hairs growth is stupid cause it poofs out to the side before it sits correctly. So I just shave it down.
    I do this about every 9 months or so. Depends on my mood with my hair.
    The longest I've let my hair grow is about mid way down my eyes.

Right now its about an inch long.

Blog Entries
    I wash my hair every 2 or 3 days with great success. I stopped using synthetics and started using clean - albeit more expensive - products (but with me washing my hair less often, a bottle of shampoo will last me a several months). Sometimes I'll even do a ACV rinse instead of conditioner. It leaves my hair soft, but clean. And I can go longer without a wash. My hair cooperates better now than it ever has, and it's gotten pretty long. It has good body without being frizzy and shine without being oily. I've been using Intelligent Nutrients shampoo/conditioner, and Rahua is incredible too.

I've never dyed my hair because it's a pretty red that I like... but when I start to really go gray or white, I'm going to play with some dyes. Like purple.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Boxer of the Galaxy Hair! Rowan's Avatar
    My hair is 30 percent grey. No jokes.
    By the time im 30, I expect my hair to be at least 45 percent grey. I've earned my silver fox badge.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    My hair is 30 percent grey. No jokes.
    By the time im 30, I expect my hair to be at least 45 percent grey. I've earned my silver fox badge.
    Nice try, but you are not a fox yet.

Okay, hmm. Now I wonder. I'd say mine is...not 30%. Or is it? I'd say 20% or less, but more than 10% for sure. Stress, like me?

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Blog Entries
    What? Seriously? cheboots, I'm only a year or two younger than you and I still look like such a baby. Nevermind gray hairs. You need to calm down.

EDIT: Also I think I'm older than Rowan. Am I? I think so. Someone tried to give me a kids menu a few weeks ago. I'm 25. Am I immortal?
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Nice try, but you are not a fox yet.

Okay, hmm. Now I wonder. I'd say mine is...not 30%. Or is it? I'd say 20% or less, but more than 10% for sure. Stress, like me?
    I think might be a combination of stress and genetics. My sister has greys as well, but nowhere near as much as me. Its never really bothered me though. Does it bother you?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanEyes28 View Post
    What? Seriously? cheboots, I'm only a year or two younger than you and I still look like such a baby. Nevermind gray hairs. You need to calm down.

EDIT: Also I think I'm older than Rowan. Am I? I think so. Someone tried to give me a kids menu a few weeks ago. I'm 25. Am I immortal?
    I think it's more genetic. At least I have sexy ass hair and I'm not bald. (oh please oh please oh please. <3<3<3 ILY HAIR GODS dont keel me)

I think might be a combination of stress and genetics. My sister has greys as well, but nowhere near as much as me. Its never really bothered me though. Does it bother you?
    It doesn't bother me one bit, tbh. It kinda looks cool. If it turns out anything like Dr. Drew or Anderson Cooper I think we're still in buisness. At the very least, if it ever does bother me, you can dye hair. I've never once dyed my hair, but that 's an option. Bald dudes don't have that option.

It doesn't bother me one bit, tbh. It kinda looks cool. If it turns out anything like Dr. Drew or Anderson Cooper I think we're still in buisness. At the very least, if it ever does bother me, you can dye hair. I've never once dyed my hair, but that 's an option. Bald dudes don't have that option.
    The colour of your hair doesn't bother you, but being bald/balding would. So does that mean you would consider getting hair growth treatment in future? or that transplant stuff? I really dont know much about it, but ive always wondered about that if I was to go bald in future.

Blog Entries
    The colour of your hair doesn't bother you, but being bald/balding would. So does that mean you would consider getting hair growth treatment in future? or that transplant stuff? I really dont know much about it, but ive always wondered about that if I was to go bald in future.
    Yes. If I ever was going bald I would definitely consider it. My hairline has looked the same since I was 15 though. I don't see it going anywhere. Though, it's possible. It scares the living shit out of me.

edit: I wasn't going to write this but **** it. I have this ridiculous idea in my head that men's biological clocks tick sometimes (at least for men similar to me with hair) saying "you better find a mate before your hair is gone and you can't attract the ideal one anymore", just as women are like "I'm approaching 30 or 40 (depending on who they are), I better find an ideal mate before my child birthing prime is gone". Maybe that's shallow as ****. Maybe that isn't what everyone thinks. I do not hold that as a thought set in stone. I guess a real, actual fear of mine is losing my hair. I've always been known for having "bed hair", or a faux hawk, or long hair (for a guy). I take pride in it and I'm very thankful for it. Maybe thats too narcissistic. My real, deep down hope is that one day, no matter what my hair looks like, I find a girl that I care for more than anything and she wouldn't mind if my hair started to disappear.

Yes. If I ever was going bald I would definitely consider it. My hairline has looked the same since I was 15 though. I don't see it going anywhere. Though, it's possible. It scares the living shit out of me.
    haha, same here (in reference to hairline). If you pop over to the 'clothes' thread, i have a picture in there where you can see my hairline, its always been slightly receated ever since I was a kid. hopefully our time never comes. No use stressing about it though!

Blog Entries
    haha, same here (in reference to hairline). If you pop over to the 'clothes' thread, i have a picture in there where you can see my hairline, its always been slightly receated ever since I was a kid. hopefully our time never comes. No use stressing about it though!
    Can't even see the grey in your hair in that pic. But you can't see the grey in mine either. You have to be up-close.

Here's my senior pic. I was 16 in this picture.
    [edited]

And here's me a few months ago.
    [edited]

Seems the same to me.
    Last edited by che; 07-19-2013 at 11:49 AM.

Blog Entries
    Can't even see the grey in your hair in that pic. But you can't see the grey in mine either. You have to be up-close.

Here's my senior pic. I was 16 in this picture.

And here's me a few months ago.

Seems the same to me.
    Holy shit you are a sexy man.

I have come to terms with the fact that I will eventually start going bald. As all the men in my family do. When that happens I will break out the razor, and go full clean shaven badly.

I appreciate your stubble che. I once had that gift of the stub, but now im going barren with alopecia barbae

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by noxious.sunshine View Post
    Oh. Yeah. My hair is ridiculously stick straight. I try curling it, but it just won't go. It'll be back to straight within like 10 minutes. On the other hand, if I tie it in a knot like I usually do right after I wash & blow dry it, it'll be somewhat wavy after I take it down.
    Let's swap! My hair is the opposite yet I straighten it all the time and goes wavy when it's rainy weather. I dislike my hair wavy. THIS is my hair wavy. THIS is my hair straight. I like my hair to be all chopped up like that with layers. THIS is the best side fringe I've ever had. I have a cow lick which means I can't have the fringe I'd like and I don't like using hair spray which hairdressers tell me I have to use to get the fringe I want. I'm not a fan of using hair products. I use heat protection for straightening and shampoo/conditioner.

I'm really digging my current hair colour. I used to have black hair for like 10 years. I have contemplated dying my hair light purple/lilac. But I think it'd dry my hair/scalp out too much, so better not.

Blog Entries
    Ooooo yeh! I'll totes trade with you Nikk! Have you tried one of those straightening treatments that only last for like a week or so? I hear they work pretty well.

My dad went totally grey by 34 or 35. I've only seen his "old" hair color in pictures. Homeboy looks straight up like Drunk Redneck Santa - all chillin' out on the couch with his Budweiser, watchin' Nascar. Yeah buddy. I mean when I was little, I guess it was more of that Salt & Pepper whatever they call it, but there was no mas brown left. He's always had a good head of hair, but it's finally starting to thin out some. My mom is mostly grey now, but she's almost 70.

I -still- get mistaken for like 20. It's pretty awesome. The last Mex spot I worked at, this new girl thought I was like 16 or 17. I haven't heard -that- in years. I color my hair like "more" auburn/red to make it more saturated/brighter. The downside is that since my hair is already red, the dye will stick like a fly on paper, so if I manage to screw it up, I'm stuck for a looong time. I am not allowed to color my hair any other color. My parents and Jay will murder me dead. I've had it blonde, black/purple (trying to dye it blue haha), and dread locks. They wanted to kill me back then. I was a major goth. XDD

Also, awwww cheee. Yer so kewt. haha

Blog Entries
    Nikki, your wavy hair looks really gorgeous.

My hair goes wavy/curly if I don't blow dry after I wash, otherwise it goes quite straight. I think it's gotten curlier as I've gotten older because when I was a little girl it was always stick straight and blondie brown. My hair is really thick and long so it can be kind of hard to manage. I dye it a lot so I don't really know what my exact hair colour is anymore, I haven't had my natural hair colour since I was 11. I'm pretty sure it's darkened since then though. I found like one thick, pure white hair coming through when I went to touch up my roots not too long ago, and yeah, I freaked out a bit haha. I don't want to go grey yet

I've dyed it a lot of colours, including red, black, purple, blue, pink, green, ginger, blonde, different shades of browns. My favourite was when I used to dye it red when I was about 12 or 13, but then everybody in my school started to dye it red and I dunno, I guess I wanted to be different or something so I changed it, something silly like that.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I get one or two grey hairs now and then. They just appear - it's crazy! I think its stress induced... an tey tell you not to pluck them as more will grow in their place. I think that's an old wives tale though, right?

My hair isn't as long as it used to be. I had it cut the other month to just below my shoulders, but it springs back up so looked shorter. I can't do really short hair - long hair is always more attractive. Maybe it's because I don't think I could pull it off, haha. I say it need washing every two or three days - it's naturally thick hair, so it doesn't get oily fast. I last washed it on Tuesday, so I could probably chance another evening with it as is without looking like I don't wash.

I've been thinking about hair dyes lately. I'd like to go red. My natural hair is brown/red, but it only goes golden in the sunlight. I'm thinking a nice, deep red. Purple is on my list too, but I'm waiting to go even greyer. ;-;

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Blog Entries
    Yep. My shit needs to be cut. Like 5 yrs ago. It's at the point where it's stringy. I told the BF last night about this and he flipped out on me and was all "NO! You can't do that!" and I'm like "But it's annoying!" and he's all "I forbid you!" and I'm like "Hahahahaha. Nice try. Don't you realize that since you said that, I'm -really- gonna do it now? God you're stupid."