Thread: Could you... Do me a favour?

Could you... Do me a favour?

I'd really appreciate it if you guys here on TFF could do me this big favour...

NOT xD Sorry, I was just trying to attempt a catchy thread title to make you click it. If you're reading this now.. you must have clicked! So I win!!!!

So the actual point of this (=^~=) is about persuasion and the asking of favours.
    Many a time in my life have I heard the phrase "Could you do me a favour?". And most of the time I will agree and do it. So I was wondering...

What is your approach to asking for a favour?
    Do you accept favours?
    What are your powers of persuasion? Share tips with me! *Cackles*
    Ever been in a sticky spot when someone asked you to do something and you agreed?
    Have you made an art of 'Persuasion'?

I also found this really random site:

The Art Of Persuasion

It's worth a look just for the laugh. Here are some snippets:

6. Reward humans with attention when they seem to be moving in the right direction

16. Use colourful language. Play on all the senses.

19. If an argument is not working, no matter how logical it is, try something else. Humans are rarely persuaded by logic.

You're probably fed up with my threads... ~^ Oh well... ;3

So now, share your hot tips of persuasion! Even if it's just eyelash fluttering...

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.

I will always ask, what is it you need. I go from there. Depends on what it is they want me to do, how cool I am with them, and honestly how much I trust the person. The only people who ever ask me for a favor I will usually do it. Last time someone I was "eh" with asked me, I was cool with it just because of what they wanted me to do.

Asking all the personal questions. Could you... Do me a favour? RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries
    I just say it straight and ask outright if they say no then they say no don't they i generally don't believe in the evil art of persuasion, i manipulate people instead, i get into their head and get them to make decisions that will benefit me mwhaha. No seriously i do i used to be able to manipulate my old boss in to doing things especial when i wanted to go home early i would just feed him heaps of crap and then he would change his mind and we would finish work early, i don't use my manipulation powers much anymore.
    Do you accept favours?
    Yes i am a nice guy and usually if someone asks me to do a favour then i can't resist i just have to do it, not because i want to be nice just because i am a sucker for people in a pickle i suppose. I once dropped a work collegue home to a set of flats and as i was pulling out of the drive way an old lady came up to the side of the car and asked if i could drop her down at the pub which was only like a block away, but of course being the nice guy i did and then we got there and she asked me to go inside an get some wine for her while she waited in the car, and that is where i drew the line i was not going to leave and old lady in my car alone noooo way so i said no i don't know what it is that you want so you will have to come in with me to pick it out, mind you she had already told me what she wanted hence i had to use my manipulation skills mwhaha anyway she did and i dropped her back where i found her haha she offered me money but i didn't know where it had been so i thought it was better that i didn't. and she smelt like bread yeast!
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't like asking for them all that much, but sometimes it just slips off the tongue. I ask "Could you do me a favour, and...".

I always tell someone what I'd like them to do before they accept. If they choose not to accept, I'll always go: "Pfft, whatever. I could do it myself anyways...".

Do you accept favours?
    Nymmm... depends what it is. But pretty much all the time. I get asked to do one or two everyday. "Gemma, could you do me a favour and pre-heat the oven?""Gemma, favour please?""Hun, I need a favour: could you..."

I use stuff against people. "If you don't help me wash up, I'll tell mum you broke that vase!"

Ever been in a sticky spot when someone asked you to do something and you agreed?
    Kinda. When I was in Year 7 at school, I'd just ran 800m for sports day. I was tired... then someone dropped out of the relay team, and I had like... 20 seconds to decide to run for them too! I really didn't want to but endded up doing it anyway - everyone gave me the puppy dogs eyes. -___-;;

I can't talk to large groups of people, and got asked to speak in assembly for someone who had pulled a sicky that morning. I really didn't want to, but like me with a heart of goldnot wanting to let anyone down, I did it. And... was really bad at it. But at least I did right?

1. Ask nicely and politely. Say please and thankyou.
    2. Give the puppy dog eyes.
    3. Use teh colourful language, making something seem greater than it usually is.
    4. Give a reward, may a pat on the back and say thankyou.
    5. If all else fails, threaten them with something they know.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Genocide Unfolds, I Forgive All Chez Daja's Avatar
    Usually I say yes, but if it's something beyond my abilities then I'll help them to find somebody else I know who can help them effectively.

I don't usually get asked impossible favours, though, and I'm fairly laid back so I usually just do as they ask if I know it'll help them out.

I ask for favours, but they're usually nothing big whatsoever.

The person in my avatar is me.

THIS SIGNATURE IS VERY DISTRACTINGS

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

Warrior Ninja Could you... Do me a favour? Led Zeppelin's Avatar
    Well when I ask someone for a favour I usually just tell them what it is that I want to do and why I'd like them to help me...I never ask hard things to do and people accept and help :] People these days are very willing to help ^^

Do you accept favours?
    I always accept favours because it gives me a sense of accomplishment when I help others out...Unless they were asking me to do something bad for them though then I'd have to say no... If you ever have spare time it's always a nice thing to favours so you're not so bored :]

Well I help others out so they're more then willing to help me..But some people do the puppy dog face to get others to do them favours...That's all I've got >.>...

I've never been stuck in a sticky situation but one time a friend asked if I could help them study so I said yes and it end up that the test was the next day and they didn't know anything about it >.>... It was a little hard but after it was done I felt cheery ^^

No I haven't yet but maybe someday I will....Just incase =P

KrisCloud

i just say straight up

no point in hiding true intentions, just ask once or twice depends on the person or favour. no is no yes is great. if i really need it i play on peoples sympathy or if it is dire need i will use thier pity

Dr.McCoy

If its a friend: "Can you gimme that please" or "Could you do me a favour"
    Family: "Ummm *says something suttle hoping they get the hint*

Do you accept favours?
    Girls: Just can't say no.
    Family: A majority of the time
    Friends: Depending if it involves an expensive item of mine that Im too poor to get again. Or if its worth getting in trouble for or something.

What are your powers of persuasion?
    Just ask openly, if they refuse tell them why, if they still refuse say two words that have helped me all my life "f**k you" Or just give them a long story why you need this favor to be carried out.

ALL THE TIME!!
    I usually get off the recieving end though.

?? Dont know.
    Last edited by Dr.McCoy; 05-31-2009 at 11:11 AM.

I invented Go-Gurt. Could you... Do me a favour? Clint's Avatar
    I don't really ask for favors that much. The last time I did, I had a shattered toe and couldn't walk due to the swelling, so I had to ask people to bring my food to me. Only for the first few days, though, until the swelling went down.

Do you accept favours?
    Only if I have the time, if I want to do it, and if it doesn't exceed my limits. Otherwise, I will decline.

What are your powers of persuasion?
    None, whatsoever.

No. If I'm in a sticky situation, then that obviously means that I can't be bothered doing favors for anybody, so if somebody were to ask me, I'd decline. Nothing I can do about it.

No.

Tsuna Feesh Could you... Do me a favour? Fate's Avatar
    My approach for asking a favor is just to ask people casually. For example: "Hey, can you get that for me?" But I'm smart enough to only ask people who I know are nice to me. It it's someone I've never met, chances are, they'll agree to do it. However, if it's someone who I dislike and constantly annoy with my unique ways, I know for a fact that they'll refuse.

Do you accept favours?
    I only accept favors for two reason: People and amount. The amount means that if the favor is too big, I'll maybe refuse, depending on the person. However, if it's a small favor, such as: "Will you get me that plate behind you, please?" then I'll easily do it. The people obviously refers to who's asking it. If it's a friend of mine, of course. It's a best friend of mine, I'll climb down a cliff in order to get something he dropped if he asked me to! but if it's someone I absolutely dislike, no way! And if it's someone I've never met before, sure!

My powers of persuasion, huh? I always keep on annoying and bugging people over and over again until they agree to help me. Often times, I just go "Please? Please? Please? Please? Please? Please? Please?" over and over and over again until they say "Okay, fine!" And it works about 90% of the time!

Nope! I know which favors to accpet and which ones to ignore. But again, it depends on the person. If it's something stupid like: "Can you get me my cellphone on that cliff?" then of course the answer is no. however, if a really close friend asked me that question, I'll risk my life to do it!

Here is a list of methods for persuading someone to do your bidding:
    1 - Ask them very politely at first.
    2 - Keep on asking until the clocks ticks 120 times.
    3 - Start saying "Please?" over and over and over.
    4 - Shake them on their shoulder and turn their face around if you have to.
    5 - Take away all the distractions that they have.
    6 - They should agree!

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

Govinda
    If I can do something for you and you're not a twat, I will. I expect the favour returned.

As for persuasion, well. I am a saleswoman by trade at the moment, and I hate it. I'm there to exchange currency, but along the way I am required to make you take extras. My persuasion technique is all distraction, and will be based mostly upon your gender, followed by your age. I have morals, you know. If you're a kid, I play the nice exchange lady and don't bother with the extras.

With men, especially the middle aged ones, leaning is the most important part. When offering the rip-off extras, I lean a little over the counter, and suddenly they're not looking at my face anymore. I say my bit, then jump back and nod vigourously, and then they start nodding vigourously too. It is clockwork, so much so that it makes you doubt in humanity after a while. If they look like they might be difficult, ask them beforehand if they're away on business; when they respond with the inevitable 'yes,' smile a lot while telling them how busy they must be. Do you get much family time? Oh no, me neither, my dad's an executive for a car company, he's in India all the time. In those cases they project their own children onto you, and take the extras they know they don't need out of sympathy.

With women, I try to let them know that I'm either their equal, or smarter than them, pretty early on. It's the only way to get them to trust me. Our male salespeople have to do the same with men.

When you're buying something that isn't just groceries - be it a phone, currency, a computer, a book, anything - know that the salesperson will have you sized up. If they're really good you'll leave feeling something - happiness at the good deal, impressed by their acumen or intelligence, sympathetic to their cause or situation. People like to think that they're immune to salespeople. I hear it all the time. 'Oh, ha, that'd never work on me.' It would, and it does, and until you've worked in it you can't really be prepared to combat all the trouble a good salesperson will give you. Their pay depends on convincing you to take the shit you don't need, and they will get there. I do it all the time, and it makes me feel bad, to fleece people with a smile, a nod, a lean, and a conversation.

There's only one way to deal with them, and it sucks - but be rude, be brusque. If they can't raise a smile from you they'll give in extremely quickly and leave you be, but not without trying to make you feel slightly guilty about it. Don't give in. Let it be known that you're just there for business. Doing that is a lot harder than it sounds unless you're a twat.

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Could you... Do me a favour? Polk's Avatar
    What is your approach to asking for a favor?

I put on a thick Irish accent and start off every request with "Would ya kindly..."

Do you accept favors?

Like people doing stuff for me? Yeah, if it's not something too big. I like to make sure that I can easily pay someone back for a favor.

I'm remarkably handsome, so people just naturally do stuff for me.

There have been a couple of times when I promised two different people that I'd be in two places at once. It always sucks to disappoint people, but sometimes it just happens.

I don't know, you tell me.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.