Thread: Close Encounters of the Famous Kind

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. Close Encounters of the Famous Kind noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Close Encounters of the Famous Kind

Have y'all met anyone famous? Who?

- Loretta Lynne was my Grandmother's cousin
    - I met the original Black Ranger (Zack) @ a car show
    - Saw Hank Jr & Kid Rock filming the video for "Naked Women & Beer" on top of a strip club in downtown Nashville
    - Met the lead singer of El Trono de Mexico & Diana Reyes (My ex took me to see El Trono, Diana Reyes came and ate
    at the Mex Restaurant my ex & I worked at together. I didn't bug her 'cuz I knew the guys were flipping out, but she insisted on taking a picture with me when they were leaving)

- I've also met Yoshiki's ex, Marie Matteucci (who was in the PV for "Dahlia" - X Japan, clearly) online. We were pretty good friends for a short while
    - annnd Krystal Yang, who used to manage the Chinese V-K band Silver Ash & I were good friends for awhile 'till we lost touch in 2005. Silver Ash broke up not long after she and I lost contact, I think. She's not famous, but the band was pretty popular for a bit.

TFF's Resident Messenger Close Encounters of the Famous Kind Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Kinda. I allegedly punched John Force in the face when I was a toddler. I have no recollection of the event, but my parents and several of their friends swear up and down that it happened. We went to the races, and got to meet him. I don't remember it, along with falling out of our RV at Lake Havasu and getting the scar above my eye, or how I nearly drowned in our pool in 2006. It's amazing what the brain chooses to remember.

Oh, I have sent messages to Clint Eastwood several times, and he has replied to them.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

#LOCKE4GOD Close Encounters of the Famous Kind Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I met John Paul Jones on the Wellington waterfront when he was in town with Them Crooked Vultures (super group of Josh Homme, Dave Grohl and JPJ). JPJ was the bassist of Led Zeppelin. He was just sauntering around and no one seemed to be recognising him. I just gawped, said hi, shook his hand and said I was looking forward to tonight. Sadly no backstage pass.

When I went to the Flight of the Con chords live gig last year, Billy Connolly sat a few rows in front of me. During the intermission, I went and talked to him. My girlfriend took my photo with him. The camera was kinda crap and had to think for a bit before it took the photo. He swore at her to hurry up, but she was actually quite happy to have been sworn at by Billy Connolly.

After that same show, in the foyer, various Hobbit stars were about (this was during peak Hobbit filming). Saw Ian Mckellan, Martin Freeman et al. Outside, Billy Connolly asked my brother and I for directions. Then we overheard him discussing FOTC with his wife. He didn't like them.

Also went to the Hobbit premiere red carpet. Peter Jackson etc, but not an intimate encounter. Andy Serkis (Gollum) did give me a high five though.

Blog Entries
    I yelled at Pete Carroll at an Oregon State/USC game so much that he turned around and gave me this weird smile. It was my proudest heckling moment ever. I've also met Reese, Leanor, Brad, Keith, and Sonny from Five Iron Frenzy, I think. Don't think I met any of the others. Keith slept on my floor, and I slept through a scrabble championship game between my brother and him because I was sick. Also had a backstage pass at a DC Talk show, where Michael called me "brother" and Toby yelled at me for standing in the hallway. Also, my brother is in the W's, and I've met them all. Been to their family get togethers and such. Bret is really funny. Those ones probably aren't famous outside the Alternative Christian Rock scene though.

Seems like there have been other famous encounters, but I don't remember who. I think Chad "Ocho Cinco" Johnson stood next to me at a Fred Meyer, and I was too shy to say anything. Also, I've spoken a bit to OSU coaches Mike Riley and Dennis Erickson (who have also coached on the pro level, with limited success...) Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

The Mad God Close Encounters of the Famous Kind Heartless Angel's Avatar
    I've also met John Force, and his daughter Ashley. My family and I frequent NHRA races, I've met several of the racers over the years.

I got to talk with Michael Angelo Batio for a while at a free clinic he did here in Omaha, pretty cool guy.

Dunno if it really counts as a meeting, but I was close enough to Ozzy Osbourne in a concert to get a high five along with the rest of the front row. Same goes for ZP Theart (former singer of Dragonforce).

Also I'm apparently distantly related to Evel Knievel, though I've never actually met him.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Mystyrion
    I've mostly just met sports icons.

John Stockton
    Karl Malone
    Charles Barkley

I did meet the guys from "Haste The Day", the were at a In N Out after the show.

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) Close Encounters of the Famous Kind che's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've met George Brett. Ummmm...and a bunch of the KC Attack (one of them was my coach also for a couple years). It's a professional indoor soccer team (yes they have that. or did. and do again, or something. cool story bro).

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

I invented Go-Gurt. Close Encounters of the Famous Kind Clint's Avatar
    I met Matt Damon while I had him filming my films Invictus and Hereafter. I'm pretty sure I met Morgan Freeman and Gene Hackman a few times as well, but I'm getting really old, and my memory seems to be fading.

Also, back in the 1940's, I met Joseph Goebbles. He was probably the most famous person of the mid-20th century. A great entrepreneur, a very keen sense of debonair fashion, and had an enormous collection of ovens.

Also, I do have Clint Eastwood's autograph in my checkbook. I don't remember meeting him, nor do I remember getting his autograph, but I have it. It could be a forgery, but I'd like to think that it's the real deal.

Registered User Close Encounters of the Famous Kind
    So anyways, I was standing in line waiting to use to payphone, and this guy who was on the phone turns around and tips his hat, like this:

And who do you think that guy was? Emilio Estevez! The Mighty Duck man, I swear to God! I was all like, "EMILIOOOOOO!!!"
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. Close Encounters of the Famous Kind noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ooooh I met Don Garlitz when I was little and got his autograph.

My dad used to race Sprint Cars back before World of Outlaws was a thing.. He raced with Dave Blaney's dad, Kenny Schrader, & annnnnd Steve Kinser. He's google-able. My dad I mean.

Forgot... I saw Blink 182 front row. Got Mark Hoppus's bottle of water. He laughed at me.

And.. My sister & I were seat fillers @ the CMAs in 06. Josh Turner walkwd right by me as he was performing. Saw Rascal Flatts up close too along w a few other ppl.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by noxious.sunshine View Post

Forgot... I saw Blink 182 front row. Got Mark Hoppus's bottle of water. He laughed at me.
    Omg you made him smile. That smile is gorgeous. So jelly.

Blog Entries
    Well.. Cuz my friend was on one side of me (obviously) and another kid was on the other side and they tried to get it from me and I kinda elbowed both of 'em away and hugged it like a foozeball player in the final seconds of the Super Bowl .. or something.

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! Close Encounters of the Famous Kind Tallulah's Avatar
    I met Bobby Charlton, who was part of England's last football (soccer) World Cup winning squad in 1966. (I met him in 1993 when there was an inter-schools football training day at the local athletics track; I didn't meet him in 1966. I'm not that old!)

I saw Lorraine Chase, an actress and soap star, at Ye Olde Swan, a pub in Thames Ditton (my dad, who was a relief bar manager for a time, trained there). At the time who had no clue who she was, then a few months later, she took a role in Emmerdale (a soap on British TV)

Sticking with Emmerdale, Patrick Mower, who plays Rodney Blackstock in the soap, came through my drive-thru once, I swear! I didn't realise until I was half way home. Chloe, the girl who was on presentation window at the time, is a big Emmerdale fan; I wonder if she noticed... He only wanted ketchup with his Chicken Selects, so I thought he was boring.

Also I have served assorted footballers from the local team, especially during breakfast (they come through in their LCFC tracksuits), but I don't really know them from Adam; I don't follow Lincoln City, they always lose anyway!
    "...For the stronger we our houses do build,
    The less chance we have of being killed." ~ William Topaz McGonagall (1830-1902)

I met the Amazing Johnathon Friday afternoon. He wasn't that cool.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    I met the Amazing Johnathon Friday afternoon. He wasn't that cool.
    But was he amazing?

(30charlimitsukmahdik)

Boxer of the Galaxy Close Encounters of the Famous Kind Rowan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    But was he amazing?

(30charlimitsukmahdik)

nub .

Blog Entries
    I'm curious as to how you did that. I think I saw it in another thread. I prefer boycotting the rule in my own way. Draws attention to the fact that it's stupid.

All Hail me .

The Mad God Close Encounters of the Famous Kind Heartless Angel's Avatar
    Lots of spaces .
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Bastardo !

Chett, he wasn't that amazing.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Blog Entries
    Well he should rename himself to The Amazing Liar Liar Pants on Fire Johnathon.

I don't think he was getting paid.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Blog Entries
    I guess it depends on your definition of famous. I'm friends/coworkers with a guy who's a little bit internet famous as a Counter Strike/League of Legends player.

Lived down the street from Brad Delp, the lead singer of Boston. Sadly I didn't know where he lived until after he died--my bus used to drive right by his house every day. He also got his prescriptions filled at the store I work at and was pretty good friends with one of the pharmacists.

What else...oh, I've conversed a bit with a number of authors, some more well known than others. Not that surprising though since many of them frequent the writing forum I am also a member of. And I follow many of them on Twitter and such.
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn