Thread: Encounters with the Paranormal/Supernatural

Blog Entries

Encounters with the Paranormal/Supernatural

Had any or know anyone who has?

Whether or not you believe in this sort of thing, weird things do happen occasionally. Maybe it is something explainable, maybe it isn't. All I can say is, I've had a couple of experiences in the past and while I'm not a True Believer or anything, it was definitely creepy. While I can rationalize it away as well as any scientist, some part of me does kind of want it to be real. I could debate theories and explanations all day but it's not half as interesting as the stories, which is why this is here and not in ID.

So, first experience. I was in first or second grade I think. I do remember it was at a birthday sleepover party for a friend. Everyone was asleep except for me and one other girl. I seem to remember sleeping on a bunkbed or something next to a window. It was winter or early spring perhaps. The edge of the window was frosted. It wasn't completely dark out, the moonlight was fairly bright. Or there may have been an outside light on, I can't say either way.

The other girl was on the top bunk. It's a really really vague memory but I remember this glowing green sphere outside the window. Not blindingly bright, just a soft, flashlighty shine. I don't think it stayed around for too long but we both saw it and there was a whispered "what is that?" kind of conversation. The whole thing was just...weird. I don't remember being frightened at all; in fact, I managed to fall asleep afterwards at some point.

We never told the other girls about it and I don't think we ever talked about what we saw. Just one of those things you kept secret in case people started thinking you're crazy. This was well before the paranormal went mainstream (Ghost Hunters, etc). Would have been early 90s, maybe '93 or '94.

I've long since forgotten any relevant details other than that, but the image of it has always remained in my mind.

The second encounter was more a coworker's, I was working that night though so I did see the encounter in question. Sort of. I was too far away to witness the full event.

My coworker rang out a vampire. True story. I don't mean a costume, I mean the real thing. I was working in the photo lab so I didn't see any particular details, I just remember what he looked like. He was black and had dreadlocks. That's literally all I saw, but if Teeg said he was a vampire, then he was a vampire. I'll have to try and pry the full story out of him someday; even now reminding him of that night creeps him out big time. It was a couple of years ago, but things like that you just don't forget.

Just for reference, Teeg is not someone who is easily creeped out or intimidated. He had a kid come up to his register and try to rob him and he literally laughed at the kid and told him to "get out of here". I was there for that, too.

There was also a guy who came in with a dead wolverine on his head, but that was an entirely different dimension of weird.

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

Death Before Dishonor Encounters with the Paranormal/Supernatural Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am not a true believer. Mostly because there is no concrete evidence to suggest that it is real, but I have known people who has had experiances.

In high school I was staying at a friend of mines house. He lived in an older house that was built in the 1800's. Along with its age it creaked quiet often. He told me all this shit that has happened to him since he lived there, and all the things he had seen. He told me that while in the basement he saw a man walking down the steps, and he had a chain wrapped around his hand. I called BS, so we slept in the basement.

All night we heard noises, and he would say it was the ghost. I stated that it was obviously his old ass house, but he didn't listen. Later tha night after I had fallen asleep I heard him screaming saying he saw it, I looked and there wasn't anything. He took off to a corner of the room, I laughed and called him a *****. I skipped over to the area he claimed to have seen it, now I don't believe in ghost and shit but as I stood there I could of swore that I felt someone watching me, and even touching me. It was weird so I left.

Nothing like seeing ghost, or hearing them speak has ever happened to me. When I was little however my mom owned a older home, I would hear creaking and snapping all night. I now know it was due to the wood of the house heating up, and many other things that are naturally occuring.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Registered User Encounters with the Paranormal/Supernatural Yesha's Avatar
    I haven't yet encountered any of those supernaturaL/paranormaL things.. though, I don't think I shouLd.. so, I'm quite torn if it's true or not.. but according to some peopLe who they say they did experienced it, it is much true..

I do sometimes.. hear something spooky at night.. but I think, it is just the work of my imagination..
    CLICK IT! TO SEE MY STUFFS:

Quote for the month:
    “Try harder to succeed.”

What am I Loving right now?:
    YOU!

My Art Thread: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...ngs-lol-3.html

"HELLO GUYS!"

Registered User Encounters with the Paranormal/Supernatural
    I wish to never to come into contact with a ghost. I would probably faint if I did. I had to cover my eyes when I watched the Celebrity Paranormal Project that came on a couple of years ago. That show was freaky.

I have (more like had) a friend who believed in this stuff. I'm not saying it's real or it isn't, but she was obsessed with it.

She wanted so badly to come in contact with ghosts that she would do séances, and go to places that were supposedly haunted. She tried to get me to go along with her to a haunted cemetary that's in Oklahoma (I forget which one exactly). Needless to say, I didn't go. Also, when she got married, she stayed at the Crescent Moon Hotel that's in Eureka Springs. There's a room there that's supposed to be haunted, but they didn't stay there. She was bummed. I thought she was crazy for wanting to even go there, but she insisted that's where she wanted to spend her honeymoon.

Oh, and before she got married, she was dating this guy who swore that he lived in a haunted house. She loved hearing all the stories he would tell her about how the people died in the house and what they do now that they are ghosts. It was a crazy kind of love, I suppose.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

The only freaky things that have happened to me are this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder View Post
    Here's a freaky story for ya,

This probably was the creepiest experience of my life, I don't know why I didn't mention this earlier..

So there's this hill/cliff thing where my friend used to live by that supposedly, a school bus crashed and all the kids died. I thought "oh just another silly story to scare kids" well, a group of us decided to go out there one night because someone else from our school made a big deal out of it saying the ghost were pushing the car. What you're supposed to do is park in the hill and put the car in neutral, to make sure you know that no one in the car is actually moving it, or it's not moving itself.

So, we took our happy selves down there and did what they said, car in neutral and we all sat with our legs up on the seat, with hands in the air, so everyone could see them. It was all quiet and giggles until the car started shaking Violently, Im not talking a little nudge here. Like a group of people on either side of the car rocking it back and forth. I almost peed myself. We all freaked out, then it actually started , very slowly moving forward. I s*** you not. We broke out and went to a near by gas station. We were all pretty scared and started coming up with possibilities for it.

But then, this is why I couldn't sleep that night. Someone noticed that on the bumper there were like tiny smudged hand prints!! I know you don't believe me but they were there, and we know no one made them because they were way too small. They were smudged downward as if someone was pushing really hard. Like the finger part streaked down. O_O I like to think it was all a coincidence....that was a long time ago anyway haha.

still not enough to convince me completely for some reason, probably because it was so long ago. I'm not asking you to believe me.
    And once, I was standing by the door, leaning against the back of the couch, my dad was sitting watching the game across from me. We had a screen door, that squeaked really loud every time you opened it. Now, keep in mind I was lierally right next to the door. There was a knock, me and my dad both heard it. As soon as I heard it, it took me less that two seconds to open the door, and when I did the screen door was shut tight, and there was absolutely no one there. The knock was clearly the sound of knocking on the door itself and not the screen door. There was no time for anyone to quickly run away or anything. I even checked around the corner, but there was nothing....

Also I was falling asleep once, laying on my back. I was dozing off, and just as soon as I passed out completely, I felt someone put their hand on my forehead. Kind of like what someone would do if they were checking your temperature. I thought that maybe it was my brother messing around with me so I got up and quickly ran to this room, but he wasn't even home....

the only one there was my dad and he was asleep snoring in the living room O_O
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 12-22-2009 at 08:11 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Waiting for your sister to turn 18 Encounters with the Paranormal/Supernatural chrono's Avatar
    I am not superstitious in the least bit.

there is always an explanation(you might not know it) for so called ghosts and goblins. hallucinations happen all the time.

if you notice more often than not the ghost in question are the remnants of humans. No one complains that the ghost of a cockroach is haunting them.

The whole ghost thing is a byproduct of religious belief and indoctrination. The belief that humans are special beings and live forever in one form or another while every other life form is second rate and when they die that just it.

but very strange things do happen from time to time........YouTube - Theme Song to The Twilight Zone
    Last edited by chrono; 12-23-2009 at 06:05 PM.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\bit torrents\jiu jitsu\helio.jpg

Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch a movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." -Marcelo Garcia

To fight is a man's instinct; if men have nothing else to fight over they will fight over words, fancies, or women, or they will fight because they dislike each other's looks, or because they have met walking in opposite directions” - George Santayana

I remember seeing a glowing round blue/greenish small object hovering in my room by the door as soon as i tried to get near it, it would vanish i saw it at least twice. I believe there is always a presence or someone with me. Maybe thats just me, either way its creepy. The second time, it was early this year at night, i was laying on my bed and saw my sister's shadow walk in i assumed it was her, no big deal and i just started talking and talking but she didn't say anything i sat up and nobody was there i know i saw somebody walk in but apparently it wasn't her. and of course i have heard footsteps..
    ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Blog Entries
    I think that sometimes life is like the Matrix and there are occasionally "glitches" in the system that we may or may not pick up on at times.

Like one time I was picking two of my friends up and we were on our way to church. We were already running a couple minutes late, but we were on our way up the last hill before we got to the church. On our way up, we saw a car driving down the hill that passed us, and inside the car, a dog was driving it, like it was on a casual sunday drive or something. All three of us were like "???" and then finally one of my friends said "We don't have time." To this day I still think about that mysterious dog car driver, and it boggles my mind.

There was also another time I was sleeping but I kept hearing this scratching sound from downstairs. This was like at 4am, so I got up and investigated the situation. Turns out my friend was pushing around this chair in like a circular motion or something. I look at him and ask him "what the **** are you doing?" He just smiled at me and shook his head, so I went back to bed. To this day he still wont tell me what he was doing, but I don't think that had anything to do with the paranormal, I think that was just him being really Vietnamise or some shit.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2