Thread: Black Friday

Mystyrion Black Friday C:/Dille.Run's Avatar

Black Friday

Are you going?
    Are you eying anything in particular?
    Would you rather just stay home and sleep?

I picked up the Surface RT already for $199 on the microsoft store
    I plan on going to Best Buy at Midnight, a few movies I wanna pick up for cheap.
    Other than that I don't plan on doing much.

TFF's Resident Messenger Black Friday Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Who needs Black Friday sales when the Square Enix store is selling all kinds of games for sale at 75% off!? I sure don't.

I wish all those that do go to those sales the best of luck and that they come home having spent more money on items than medical bills costs as a result of being injured during the sale.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

In my area things usually don't get too hectic. I did happen to see a kid almost get trampled at Walmart trying to get a video game. Luckily cops were there and had the mob dispersed before any serious damage was done.

Death Before Dishonor Black Friday Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I never go anywhere cause I always have to work. I have to go in at midnight, and start pulling internet orders. Cause people are to ****ing lazy to come into lowes in the morning so they place an internet order to make sure everything they want is held for them.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. Black Friday noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Jay wants to go pick up Assassin's Creed tomorrow, I need shirts still, and we're taking Parker to the movies to see Frozen I think.

Well the wife picked up some stuff for herself and the house, got me a nice milwaukee drill/driver, impact drill, and sawzall for cheap mostly so I can do things around the house . Next year I think will be the year for goodies.

I didn't pick up a lot this Black Friday.

Alien Anthology - $22
    The Newsroom Season 1 - $22
    Community Season 4 - $7
    Donnie Darko - $4
    Star Trek: Into Darkness - $7
    Microsoft Surface - $199

Still a good selection. It'll be nice to have a final fantasy black friday extravaganza one of these years where whether it's on sale or not I just get a bunch of final fantasy stuff i've been wanting lol

This ain't no place for no hero Black Friday Tiffany's Avatar
    I worked. Black Friday has only recently become a thing here, in the past few years. It wasn't horribly bad, most stores had really good sales from 7am until Noon and door crashers. I grabbed some stuff from my work as with my employee discount and the actual store discount it was a good 70% off kids clothes. Yay!

Blog Entries
    Doesn't Black Friday just ruin the togetherness-ness of thanksgiving? Kinda like what I imagine would happen if stores opened on Christmas day.

It hasn't been picked up here, so it's just a day of ridiculous online sales for me. I didn't actually buy anything though, although a week of so ago I imported a new bike helmet from the USA. Industry, yeah! Take that, China.

I read an article today about how in many places in the States, new strip malls have the size of their parking lots determined by estimates of how many people are likely to turn up on Black Friday, supposedly the biggest shopping day of the year. Except those estimates are really poor, and the article I was reading was about this thing on Twitter. People had tweeted pictures of the parking malls on Black Friday showing that they were still only like half full, so all this "pro-business" minimum parking policy is doing is forcing strip malls to buy more land than is optimal for them or for society, cover it in tarmac and force people to drive to the store. Kinda weird; the idea that it should never be hard to find a parking space. But interesting. #transportnerd

My Black Friday was spent at work sitting at a computer monitor talking to people about their hosting. Then I went home and had Danksgiving and basically partied with all my friends. Better then trampling people for a toaster that cost 2 dollars.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games