Thread: God/Religion. Why?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: God/Religion. Why?

That was quite the long winded rant about an argument you've proposed before which I have also addressed before. Your truck has always been there in the past and nothing is out of the ordinary to suggest anything has changed. Yes there are alternate potentials, but your inclusion of faith in your description of your beliefs is completely unnecessary. Faith is not required for the example you've given as you can utilize past experiences as evidence to support your conclusion, patterns can and are used as evidence in scientific theories. Faith is used when proof is absent.

I also get it, you think you're thinking rationally in regards to your beliefs. That's fine, you're entitled to think that but as soon as you choose to share your beliefs in a discussion forum expect to have them questioned. Quit getting your panties in a knot that I question such bold claims as miracles without so much as an example. Claims of "knowledge" when such knowledge cannot be reasonably known should be questioned, especially when the person making the claim poorly articulates their thoughts. Not to be too condescending, but I do question the ability of someone to think rationally when they have a difficult time conveying relatively simplistic thoughts or when the posts they present are lacking in intellectual quality. Call me arrogant all you like, I don't claim intellectual superiority over people for their beliefs in god. I listen to what they have to say and reserve my verdict until after and if they show me the religious bias they have in their logic, or their total lack of modern science through ignorance or arrogance.

So get the **** over it. As much as Atheists bitch and moan about having religion "shoved down their throats", here they are, insulting the religions of others. Obviously, you won't believe the same things as I do, because you haven't seen the same things.
    Questioning someone's beliefs is not not synonymous with insulting their beliefs, if that is your take on what the non-theists do in this thread then that's unfortunate. Why should we feel the need to dull the words we use to question beliefs in a book which we believe to be an insult to us?

You're right I won't, I asked the previous poster to cite examples and you go off on a childish tirade? The discussion doesn't end when you think it ends, if you wish to not be a part of it feel free to hit the back button and find another thread.
    Last edited by OnOneRyder; 03-05-2012 at 08:26 PM.