Thread: anyone got children and had pnd?

anyone got children and had pnd?

the thing is my daughters 9 weeks and shes my 1st child... problem is i think im failing as a mother... I have an amazing boyfriend whos 5 yrs older than me and i love him to bits... I have lack of seflf confidence as i find myself unattractive to my bf but he keeps saying 'Lisa your not ugly' but i just think i am... My baby looks alot like myself and my bf which is great as people will then know that shes my baby girl. I love her to bits but I get really upset when I dunno whats wrong with her... I got alot of support from my bf and my mom and mom in law etc... but I just wanna learn how to do it myself...

Re: anyone got children and had pnd?

Learning to read your baby is the hardest thing to do when they are that age. Everyone goes through that frustration of not knowing what's wrong, specially with your first child. I found myself really agrivated at myself because I figured being a dad would come natural and instead of feeling like a hero I felt like a zero.

Good news is that it does get easier. Right now its tough because all you get is a cry. Do you have set feeding times? The only thing I knew what to do was put my kids on strict schedules. Whic in the long run really helped out and narrowwed down the possibilites of what could be wrong.

I want to say more but my lunch breaks over. Will get back to this though.

yes we got set feeding times and after all shes 9 weeks now and in a routine. its still hard to even read my child... also want to teach her baby sign language which she has been doing for a while (fist in her mouth means bottle)

Asking all the personal questions. anyone got children and had pnd? RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries

My wife had pnd with our twins, she had a cesarean with them and the drugs they gave her knocked her clean out and she missed or was to out of it to be there for the first few hours for them. It has been 5 years and everything has changed we have another child and she now has me and she is more calm with the kids than I am and I commend her for that because sometimes it can be really hard.

When the twins were young we didn't have a strict routine and they were feeding at separate times sleeping at separate times, that's when they did sleep Bella our eldest daughter was a terrible sleeper when she was younger and is still very restless now that she is 5. Once we got them on a good pattern things got easier.
    I actually find it harder now that they are 5 and 3 to understand their needs than I did when the were babies, when you think about it when they are babies its either, hungry, in pain, wet or uncomfortable and sometimes they just want to be close to you.

Now that they are older there are so many more things that they want some of these they can tell you which are easy but some you still have to read especially when they are upset.
    There is a parenting course I did that I highly recommend and parent it is an excellent course it helps you read your childs needs and fill their emotional cup accordingly.
    The motto is Bigger,Stronger,Kinder,Wiser and it helps you to be either one of these depending on their emotional need, I could go into it in more depth but I would be here for ages.

Anyway I still find it hard to fill my kids emotional needs it takes patience(which I lack).
    Remember no parent is perfect all you have to be is good enough.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III