Thread: Avatar: The Last Airbender

Registered User Avatar: The Last Airbender Darth Ultor's Avatar

How many of you have watched this one? I got into it really late in 2008. I was amazed by the deep storyline and the animation itself. Even the acting was good. My favorite character would have to be either Iroh or Zuko.

Set made by Snows of Yester-Year of KF

Registered User Avatar: The Last Airbender
    Me! I watched this show like CRAZY!!! I still do when it shows on the Nicktoons channel. I have been a fan ever since I watched the series premiere back in 2005.

It's a really wonderful show. The story is definately a well-written one. I think it has a perfect mix of light-hearted humor and dramatic story-telling that makes me wish it would keep going. Too bad it only lasted for 3 seasons. Hopefully, the movie will have the same appeal for me that the show did.

I agree that the animation is really great as well. A lot of the action scenes are just so fluid that you really appreciate the amount of work that the animators put in to making it look so good! I love the "anime look" that the characters have, and they also do some of the quirks as well, like really expressive faces and body gestures.

Sokka is my absolute favorite in the series. I like him because he is so lively and funny, and even though he's sometimes a "comic-relief" character, he has times where he is serious and show himself to be a true leader. I like Iroh as well. He's a perfect character to balance out Zuko and teach him to be more controlled.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

This ain't no place for no hero Avatar: The Last Airbender Tiffany's Avatar
    I FRIGGIN LOVE THIS SHOW!!!

I'm right up there with Sokka, and Appa. Total comedic relief. I've been getting my BF to watch it as well, we're still on Book One. I've seen them all but gotta start at the beginning! I reasoned he might as well watch it because I'll be dragging his butt to the theater to see it when it comes to the big screen.

Curious:

I saw that Jason Rathborn (of Twilight's "Jasper" fame) has been cast to play Sokka. I'm not sure how that's going to go down. I really don't want them to lose his goofy, quirky nature... IMO its what makes the show. If they make him all serious I'm going to be very disappointed!

Yeah, a serious Sokka is like a happy-go-lucky Zuko. That's just...no. But he can be serious at times. The kid playing Aang in Shayamalan's edition hasn't smiled once. Right now, I finished watching Crossroads of Destiny and I'm up to Book 3. God, with Azula, you both love and hate her at the same time. It's difficult to create a sociopath character and make him/her believable, but Mike and Bryan managed big time.

I don't see a very convincing Sokka. He'll really have to deliver a stunning performance in order for me to buy that he is supposed to be playing Sokka, and he better have his sweet boomerang too!

I haven't seen him in anything, and I don't plan on watching any Twilight films, but he definately has some big shoes to fill since Jack DeSena did a wonderful job voicing the character.

I'm still going to go see the movie. Hopefully, ol' M. Night Shyamalan doesn't do a cheesy "What a twist!" thing.... I will cry if that happens...
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Don't get me started on Twilight -_-. Yeah, not a very convincing Sokka.

Death Before Dishonor Avatar: The Last Airbender Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Avatar was f*cking amazing I spent most of my time in high school at home watching it. If I could find during my day in between football and shit, you would find me in my room watching it. Toph was my favorite, but then I love earth bending so any earth bender f*cking rulez...

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

SHUT-UP!, SHUT-UP!, SHUT-UP! Avatar: The Last Airbender ~FANTASY-ENDER~'s Avatar
    Currently enjoying life after a long deployment

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender

I'm a huge fan to the Avatar: The Last Airbender series, its sad to see the series end though. I own all three boxsets. I got into the series about half way into season one, when the series first came out I was surprised that it was going to be aired on Nick. I have heard that there is suppose to be a new avatar the last airbender series coming soon in the future.
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER][/U][/B]
    I FINALLY DEFEATED TERRA IN KINGDOM HEARTS 2 FINAL MIX+
    I give everyone permission to call me Endy, and by the way I got that nickname from FATE, sounds cool
    RPGs THAT I'VE BEATEN.....
    FINAL FANTASY VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII KINGDOM HEARTS II ~FINAL MIX~+ KINGDOM HEARTS I, II, Re:Chain of Memories (Sora's Story), KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 DAYS STAR OCEAN III: TIL THE END OF TIME DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 1: REBIRTH DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 2: REMINISCE DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 3: REDEMPTION ROGUE GALAXY WILD ARMS 4 BLUE DRAGON

MY ANIMES THAT I OWN.....
    KARIN (Complete Series 1-24), INUYASHA (Episodes 1-167), SCHOOL RUMBLE (Episodes 1-26),SHAKUGAN NO SHANA (Complete 1st Season 1-24), BLEACH (Episodes 1-92), MY HiME (Complete Series 1-26), MY OTOME (Complete Series 1-26), PLEASE TWINS (Complete Series 1-13), ELFEN LIED (Complete Series 1-13), NARUTO (Episodes 1-28), THE MELANCHOLY OF HARUHI SUZUMIYA (Complete Series 1-13)

Stream Crosser Avatar: The Last Airbender Ann's Avatar

Oh this one is driving me crazy! Have you seen the ending of Book 3 when Zuko and Katara fight against Azula? AWESOME! I hope Nickelodeon will make another chapter of Avatar, or maybe the fandisc or something great..

レイール★レイヴン Avatar: The Last Airbender SacredAngel13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ann View Post
    Oh this one is driving me crazy! Have you seen the ending of Book 3 when Zuko and Katara fight against Azula? AWESOME! I hope Nickelodeon will make another chapter of Avatar, or maybe the fandisc or something great..
    yea! i agreed with you! ^^

my fave character on The Last Airbender is Zuko.
    i dunno why, but i think he is 'cool' (that's expalin it) lol
    BLACK★ROCK SHOOTER 初音ミク

B.A.U:

BANNER ARTIST UNITED

Stream Crosser Avatar: The Last Airbender Ann's Avatar

So do I. I'm a big fan of him, in spite of the scar on his face

There's one part that I still can't understand. When Azula's gettin insane, she saw a reflection of her mother on the mirror. I thought it was just an illution, but at the ending of story, Zuko asked 'where is my mother' to Ozai. That means his mother still alive, right?

^ I think that she is alive, but she was just banished to a far away land when the situation happened with the former Fire Lord (Ozai's dad).
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Registered User Avatar: The Last Airbender Kaiden's Avatar

I have netflix's and they put this on streaming so I have been watching it. I really like the story, but sadly the characters seem under developed and I only have the last episode (atleast on netflix) to go. It is an hour and a half long so Im hopefull they use the time wisely. I just think they tried to add too much humor to such a short anime. That all said I have watched like 5 episodes a night for 2 weeks.

edit:Since other people talked about it, Momo is my favorite character. I end up laughing most of the time he is on the screen.

Edit #2: I did get to watch the final episode, I really enjoyed the story and it kept me watching, but as I am 10-15 years out the target demographic there were a lot of things I would change. More story and less comedy was the only real gripe I had with it. The ending was... good, there are a lot of things that didnt get tied up as nicely as I would have liked. That said people keep talking about new episodes starting sometime soon.

Edit #3: Iroh's voice change really bothered me, it took me till the last episode of the show to figure it out but... The original Iroh was much better at switching from wise old man to carefree old man.
    Last edited by Kaiden; 06-03-2010 at 07:12 AM.

Scene from a movie.
    SPOILER!!:
    [Having pulled over a speeding driver.]
    Mac: All right, how about Cat Game?
    Foster: Cat Game? What's the record?
    Mac: Thorny did six, but I think you can do ten.
    Foster: Ten? Starting right meow?
    [They go up to the car.]
    Driver: Sorry about the...
    Foster: All right meow. Hand over your license and registration.
    [The man gives him his license.]
    Foster: Your registration? Hurry up meow.
    Driver: [laughing] Sorry.
    Foster: Is there something funny here boy?
    Driver: Oh, no.
    Foster: Then why you laughing, Mister... Larry Johnson?
    [Foster stares at him.]
    Foster: All right meow, where were we?
    Driver: Excuse me, are you saying meow?
    Foster: Am I saying meow?
    Driver: I thought...
    Foster: Don't think boy. Meow, do you know how fast you were going?
    [The man laughs.]
    Foster: Meow. What is so damn funny?
    Driver: I could have sworn you said meow.
    Foster: Do I look like a cat to you, boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly-bimbly from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer? DO YOU SEE ME EATING MICE?
    [The man is uncontrollably laughing.]
    Foster: You stop laughing right meow!
    Driver: [Stops and swallows hard.] Yes sir.
    Foster: Meow, I'm gonna have to give you a ticket on this one. No buts meow. It's the law.
    [Rips off the ticket and hands it to the man.]
    Foster: Not so funny meow, is it?
    [Foster gets up to leave, but Mac shakes his hands at him, indicating only nine meows.]
    Foster: Meow!

i have ears :) Avatar: The Last Airbender Full Life's Avatar

i watched them all and an avatar movie is coming out yippie i LOVE toff and soccar (bad spelling DUH)
    well at least its ohkay...
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG]URL=http://www.ff-fan.com][/URL][/IMG]

Come Join my chat!
    http://mainlyrp.chatango.com/

Originally Posted by Kaiden
    Edit #3: Iroh's voice change really bothered me, it took me till the last episode of the show to figure it out but... The original Iroh was much better at switching from wise old man to carefree old man.
    I loved Mako as the voice for Iroh too, but he died from throat cancer before the series was finished. There's an mini episode in the "Tales of Ba Sing Se" that's dedicated to him. It's a really good one. I'm sure you've already seen it though.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Learner Avatar: The Last Airbender CloudTide's Avatar

THIS IS THE THREAD I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR
    THIS IS BY FAR MY FIRST FAVORITE AND WILL ALWAYS BE MY MOST FAVORITE
    SHOW IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE OF EVERYTHING
    anyway that was my little chant if u will
    but my favorite characters are Sokka(freakin hilarious) and Zuko(a human version of Shadow the Hedgehog)
    yeah i got into it later like after the first season came out
    im a die hard fan
    and for the record i have seen every episode about 3 times each
    the four part ending movie i've seen more
    ok im done
    ~ Victus per Veneratio ~

I used to watch this.. Pretty cool and spunky! I like the used of the elements and the interaction between the characters within the anime.
    Think I only saw up to series 2... My friend used to give me them on a USB stick, but then I left ;;. So I lost the source O_O.

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.