Thread: X-Men: Days of Future Past

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth X-Men: Days of Future Past Xanatos's Avatar

X-Men: Days of Future Past

This could turn out to be either a huge mess ("cough"Last Stand"cough") or a pretty darn good movie, potentially the best one in X-Men series. Bryan Singer has yet to make a bad X-Men movie (no, X-Men Origins wolverine does not count, he had little to nothing to do with that piece of shit) so I should give him a lot more credit. Plus how can any movie with Michael Fassbender, Ian McKellen, and Patrick Stewart in it together be bad (I added Michael Fassbender so it's nothing like the Last Stand, nothing). I really like the premise, I just hope they don't concentrate on Wolverine too much, he overshadowed other characters enough already.

What makes me most hopeful for this movie and future X-Men projects is the prospect of Cable showing up, and with Bryan Singer announcing X-Men: Apocalypse today (hopefully it's not another joke) I'm more excited for this movie than ever. Huge fan of Age of Apocalypse, everything culminating in a huge fight against Apocalypse on a huge screen is a comic books fan (X-Men fan in particular) dream come true.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Blog Entries
    I'm really excited that Bryan Singer is back as the director for this one. I was rather pleasantly surprised by X-Men: First Class as well. Michael Fassbender was great in that, as was James Mcavoy. Both back in this one alongside Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart. I have a feeling this movie is going to be so far removed from Origins and Last Stand. Fox should've been more patient and let Singer come back when he was ready. Also excited to see sentinels, and wonder if we'll get a good Gambit in this one? Maybe we can just pretend that Origins never happened because it was shit.

Going to watch this so I can complain at what they got wrong with x-men.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth X-Men: Days of Future Past Xanatos's Avatar
    I'll use this opportunity to write down my overall opinion regarding X-Men Days of Future Past as I have nothing better to do right now, I would use that other thread but last two posts are actually mine, so yea. Be warned, posible SPOILERS up ahead.

I'll start off by saying how gorgeous Blink is, just look at her...

hr_X-Men-_Days_of_Future_Past_Character_Gallery_19_large.jpg

sadly, she, along with several other mutants I like, doesn't get much screen time. Bishop, who's kinda a major character in X-Men universe, especially when it comes to time traveling, is seriously underused. Speaking of underused, same goes for classic Sentinels. I love both Wolverine and Huge Jackman as much as the next guy but enough already, he's getting way too much screen time while other equally awesome if not better mutants are heavily overshadowed. While the character itself turned out to be okay Quicksilver looks really stupid...

19dv267ufz6b.jpg

...even for 70's and that's saying something.

It had a lot of continuity issues I feel but I stopped caring about that long time ago. Compared to some other films it was also bit low on easter eggs and references. Also, where the **** is Cable already?

Onto more positive things, Days of Future Past didn't turn out to be a mess like The Last Stand which was my main concern when they announced the type of story and how many characters they would have. Just the opposite, it's a pretty darn good film, perhaps the best one so far. As usual both the old and new cast did a pretty good job, at this point most of them in fact defined these characters.

It's packed with so many awesome scenes, especially in the second half. I in particular love that part when they have to stall future Sentinels, Storm and Magneto were simply badass there. It was a lot more emotional than previous entries, that last interaction between Magneto and Xavier in that "chapel" hits you right in the feels. Humor, most of it that is, was also spot on. Quicksilvers reference to his mother's "friend" was neat, although I wish they did something more concrete about it. One thing that stood out to me which I didn't really expect is just how creepy the future Sentinels are. Ultimatevely, what I love the most about Days of Future Past is that it completely erases both The Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine from "existence". It ended on a high note, full of pleasant surprises accompanied with that awesome X2 theme. Really glad Cyclops's back and hopefully they do him justice this time around. It also leaves room for a proper Dark Phoenix story.

The after credit scene is one of the best if not the best one so far...

...it gave me goosebumps. Huge fan of Apocalypse, Age of Apocalypse is one of my favorite comic book arcs, can't wait to see how that turns out. Those four horsemen are a nice little touch, did not notice that at first.
    Last edited by Xanatos; 05-27-2014 at 05:59 PM.

Queen X-Men: Days of Future Past Crescent's Avatar
    X-Men Days of Past Future was awesome Absolutely loved it!

I loved that all of the mutants got to use their powers on screen but whenever Quicksilver or Blink used their powers it blew me away. Blink pretty much had the coolest powers introduced in this movie. I hope they keep her around for later films. Quicksilver had the best sequence of "here's what he can do and why it's awesome" I've seen in these movies. Cocky, charming and extremely likable without it feeling like fan service. I'd say the price of admission is worth it just for that whole scene. I don't even have a problem with his costume! True to his nature. Lil quirky. I seriously can't wait to see his and Blink's character more in Apocalypse and Gambit's(Channing Tatum)- He was one of my favourites(But i have alot XD) when I was a lil girl :D Also from childhood memory, I think Apocalypse was the first mutant on earth(?). At times I felt genuinely afraid of the Sentinels of the future. Terrifying, invincible predator Sentinels. Sexy. Loved the part where Warpath pulled a frkng knife against a super-Sentinel. The balls on that guy..

Me: No wait for the cutscene after the credits! Friends: There's none. This is produced by Fox.
    So, we left. Those Bitches.

Also they pretty much confirmed that he is Magneto's son..which was really unexpected:

"My mom knew a guy like that..." -Quicksilver

And then that look she gave when Magneto during his broadcast. That was recognition.
    Magneto annoyed me when I was growing up watching the cartoon but omg Fassbender makes me fall for him.. He's sexy ^.^

I couldn't help but think about Wanted every time James McAvoy mentioned curved bullets.

"The Bullet curved! Who else could do that?"
    You James McAvoy. You.

"F**k off" - Charles Xavier

"are you gonna pick all that shit up?" lmao

Cant wait for the next one, hopefully it'll blow me away like this one did.

Channing Tatum as Gambit is a fooking disgrace, hes too bulky to play Gambit an he won't be able to pull the accent off, which leads me to believe they are gonna axe his Cajun accent which kills me a little inside. Gambit is my favourite of the X-Men, Taylor Kitsch made a mockery of him and I predict Tatum will too

But i really liked DOFP, Quicksilver being the highlight, a pity he wasn't in it for long, he was a fun character, from the Elevator scene with Magneto to the kitchen scene... i was in hysterics.. Hoping he will be in the next one more and predict he will based on everybodys reaction to his character in the movie.

I'm eager for the Age of Apocalypse and don't think it will let me down story wise as i know little to nothing about Apocalypse, hes a character i never met in any of the comics i read when i was younger, i just recalled what he looked like (which was nothing like what he looked like in the after credits scene) if it wasn't for the 4 horsemen i wouldn't have made the connection..

Also
    SPOILER!!:
    glad to see they pretty much wiped the last stand from memory with Jean and Cyclops back in the picture, what a shit movie that was

Quote Originally Posted by nix View Post
    Channing Tatum as Gambit is a fooking disgrace, hes too bulky to play Gambit an he won't be able to pull the accent off, which leads me to believe they are gonna axe his Cajun accent which kills me a little inside. Gambit is my favourite of the X-Men, Taylor Kitsch made a mockery of him and I predict Tatum will too
    When I first found out, my reaction was "Uh oh.."..the fanboys are esp not gonna like this. I dont care for Channing Tatum..My friends have crushes on real-life celebrity guys, mine are all fictional(Vergil,Sephiroth,Dante,Batmanetc). I wasnt holding out much hope anyway Ive been dissapointed one too many times before with shit casting. But I like being proved wrong.

But i really liked DOFP, Quicksilver being the highlight, a pity he wasn't in it for long, he was a fun character, from the Elevator scene with Magneto to the kitchen scene... i was in hysterics.. Hoping he will be in the next one more and predict he will based on everybodys reaction to his character in the movie.
    media/u8msY8V5ZdGlW

I'm eager for the Age of Apocalypse and don't think it will let me down story wise as i know little to nothing about Apocalypse, hes a character i never met in any of the comics i read when i was younger, i just recalled what he looked like (which was nothing like what he looked like in the after credits scene) if it wasn't for the 4 horsemen i wouldn't have made the connection..
    I dont know if half the things I remember about him are accurate tho. He's so young in that scene. Im sure APOCALYPSE is the very first mutant, worshipped like a god, very dangerous. He can change the shape of his body,some telepathic powers,fire energy blast and a biologist. He has a group of followers you saw them on horses. They are his horsemen War, Pestilence,Famine & Death. When I was a lil girl watching the cartoon every sat morning I remember I liked him (way) more than Magneto. But Fassbender as Magneto...I can't get enough of Fassbender as Magneto#inLove

Also
    SPOILER!!:
    glad to see they pretty much wiped the last stand from memory with Jean and Cyclops back in the picture, what a shit movie that was
    "We're really sorry about Xmen 3. Here, we'll take care of it for you".

The whole movie basically retconned the whole universe. It was a fantastic retcon too.

Cyclops reaction when Logan sees Jean: http://i.imgur.com/QDuY8VF.gif

Quote Originally Posted by nix View Post
    Channing Tatum as Gambit is a fooking disgrace, hes too bulky to play Gambit an he won't be able to pull the accent off, which leads me to believe they are gonna axe his Cajun accent which kills me a little inside. Gambit is my favourite of the X-Men, Taylor Kitsch made a mockery of him and I predict Tatum will too.
    Channing Tatum is the worst possible pick for Gambit, I don't mind a different take on a already established character if it's well acted and executed, Benedict Cumberbatch in Star Trek Into Darkness is a fine example of that, but he's not even a good actor.

Quote Originally Posted by Crescent View Post
    I dont know if half the things I remember about him are accurate tho. He's so young in that scene. Im sure APOCALYPSE is the very first mutant, worshipped like a god, very dangerous. He can change the shape of his body,some telepathic powers,fire energy blast and a biologist. He has a group of followers you saw them on horses. They are his horsemen War, Pestilence,Famine & Death.
    A common mistake I as well made until recently. There's a female mutant even older than Apocalypse himself, can't say I'm familiar with her though.

That's his younger self, way before he found Celestials technology and shaped himself they way you mostly know him as, a bulky robot like creature. Hopefully, Sinister will make appearance alongside Apocalypse as well.

I'm looking forward more to AOU's Quicksilver, he looks miles better, and will probably be a lot more serious, the way I know him as. That being said DOFP's Quicksilver is outstanding to say the least, save for the outfit, a great tip to DC on how to make their Flash.

I also forgot to mention, the 3D was one huge meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    Hopefully, Sinister will make appearance alongside Apocalypse as well.
    Yes plz. Sinister one of the few bad guys in Xmen/cartoons that frightened me as a lil girl.

I also forgot to mention, the 3D was one huge meh.
    I watched it too in 3D. Didn't really utilize the 3D but wasnt that big of a deal but when I get around to Godzilla it might be. Also in DoFP, whenever it cut to during the future scene with the snow, it actually looked like it was snowing in the theater :D I was SO close to lifting my hand up to flick it outta my eyes -SO CLOSE ;D

I invented Go-Gurt. X-Men: Days of Future Past Clint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    Ultimatevely, what I love the most about Days of Future Past is that it completely erases both The Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine from "existence". It ended on a high note, full of pleasant surprises accompanied with that awesome X2 theme. Really glad Cyclops's back and hopefully they do him justice this time around. It also leaves room for a proper Dark Phoenix story.
    It didn't just erase The Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine from existence. It erased the first X-Men, X2, and The Wolverine, as well. The only two that actually happened within the new timeline are First Class, and Days Of Future Past. I mean, do you seriously think that Mystique would join Magneto after what happened in Days Of Future Past? She's a good guy through and through.

And Wolverine never went through the Weapon X program, so I guess bone claws will now be the new standard. I'm a bit disappointed in that, because although bones are good for stabbing, I'm pretty sure they're not good for slashing.

I heard that the Age of Apocalypse movie will be taking place in the 1980's, so we'll get to see how some of the new X-Men history plays out, including Storm, Jean, and Cyclops in their youth. And hopefully the return of the incredible Nightcrawler.

One thing that I noticed in the movie that I was displeased with was that Anna Paquin was listed higher in the end credits than Ellen Page and Shawn Ashmore. She had a three second appearance, and no spoken dialogue, whereas, Kitty and Iceman had very essential roles in the film. That made no sense, and actually made me a bit angry. Somebody who does less work shouldn't get more credit than people who are actually featured in the film.