Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Anime You Watched 2.0

Whistling Songbird Last Anime You Watched 2.0 Asectic's Avatar
    Currently the last anime I watched was Ouran high school host club episode 19. The whole anime's funny, especially this one ^.^

"Because I obviously haven't been on here for a while"
    - Said no one ever, 02/2020

>>>:

Oh hey there, thanks for opening! Here is a little section filled with my goodies here and there.

TIMELINE - Before 2019:

The Awesome Peeps (TFF Family):

Moogable
    Bleachfangirl
    Ekimeinna
    Treize
    Rocky
    Tiger Lily
    Unknown Entity
    FF Ace Cid-Silver
    Raider
    Secret Weapon

TIMELINE - 2020 and Onwards:

Music of the Week:
    Ginzen no Kaze (English Cover) - Jayn

Links:
    My DeviantArt Account

"It was nice meeting you!"
    - Said a second nobody ever~

Last one I watched was a few days ago, Ergo Proxy. I watched the first episode and scattered bits of the other ones.... research since I'll be doing a cosplay photoshoot. Yey.

Last Anime You Watched 2.0 Rinoa.Heartilly's Avatar
    I watched this rather pervy anime called Green-Green. Hilarious, and somehow weirdly addicting. I want to watch more.

Synthesized Ascension Last Anime You Watched 2.0 Zardoch's Avatar
    Recently, I watched all 37 episodes of Death Note and by god, it is one of the best animes I have watched over a span of MANY years. Seriously, I've been searching for a good anime for so long, I've lost interest in checking out new anime and a couple days ago I felt like killing some time. The really interesting and funny thing is I'm an action lover, anime that has no action 8 times outta 10 bores me. Death Note has completely blown me away by the fact it's all about a couple genius's going at it trying to figure out who is who, all the while having great successes or failures. The characters are very interesting as well and aren't your typical high school kids with super powers that are above 9000. This anime truly goes beyond the average shit you see today that is simply rehashed stories and characters of older anime.

The other anime I've recently been watching is One Piece. So far, I hate the art, hate one or two of the characters, and a decent amount of the episodes [watched 1-30 so far]. However, I think I may be able to like it soon enough after I finally get more episodes ready to go through. Besides that, the only thing that really bugs me is some episodes that I'm sure I've seen somewhere before in other animes as being cliche as shit and the other fact that some of the characters "disappearing speed" sounds exactly like when a DBZ character vanishes to reappear a second later. Hopefully, once I get at least to the 100th episode I might come to like it, but right now I'm not so sure, especially since there are so many goddamn episodes. What is this? Pokemon with it's hundreds of episodes that are all about the same thing? I'm just glad I'm watching the Japanese dub and not the English because the English was just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    The other anime I've recently been watching is One Piece. So far, I hate the art, hate one or two of the characters, and a decent amount of the episodes [watched 1-30 so far]. However, I think I may be able to like it soon enough after I finally get more episodes ready to go through. Besides that, the only thing that really bugs me is some episodes that I'm sure I've seen somewhere before in other animes as being cliche as shit and the other fact that some of the characters "disappearing speed" sounds exactly like when a DBZ character vanishes to reappear a second later. Hopefully, once I get at least to the 100th episode I might come to like it, but right now I'm not so sure, especially since there are so many goddamn episodes. What is this? Pokemon with it's hundreds of episodes that are all about the same thing? I'm just glad I'm watching the Japanese dub and not the English because the English was just terrible.
    Well that disappearing sound you're talking about could be because both One Piece and DBZ are both done by Toei Animation (because now that I think about it, you usually don't hear it outside those two shows)

As for liking it, yeah, you just need a little more time with it. I get LOTS of people including my brother and sister who absolutely didn't get what I liked about One Piece. And I just said "stick with it". Eventually they get through episode 35 and the end of the Arlong arc (around Episode 42) and they're hooked. For someone craving originality such as yourself, One Piece is your best bet, it just starts slow.

The reason OP has so many episodes is not because it's Episodic (like say Shin Chan or Detective Conan) but because it's one long story that actually intrigues people. Yeah, you COULD compare it to Inuyasha or Pokemon, but One Piece stays surprisingly fresh even after nearly 350 episodes just because it's good at introducing unique, original characters you won't see in other Anime. When I got to Skypeia (@160), I literally stood up and and gaped in awe of what I was seeing. Really.

Oh as for what I just watched. Episode 346 of OP, LAWL. I've also been watching Bleach and Death Note on AS. I could definitely say the "coolness factor" for Death Note has worn off with me. I've posted this in my Journal, but Light annoys the hell out of me. It also doesn't help that I was somewhat spoiled by the ending thanks to AMV Hell 4.

Last Anime You Watched 2.0 Phoenix's Avatar
    Just finished watching Akira, and my God what a film! I've never seen anything like it before, and probably never will again. Before I watched it, I understood it was probably one of the most influential animes to ever come out of Japan, but it completely blew me away. Absolutely superb film!

The Quiet One Last Anime You Watched 2.0 Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The last thing I watched was Armitage: Dual Matrix. It was an alright movie, but I did not really like the CG work that they had. The only thing that was good in the movie was the characters, so many of the other things in the movie did not look so good. The English dub was not so good either, but oh well. It was a interesting story in spite of its flaws.

In addition to that I also watched Bleach and got to see Yoruichi and Son Foi battle it out and Yamamoto and the two captains stare at each other. I'm watching for the big show down with Ichigo and Byakuya.

There was also Naruto which was just more boring fillers with them ending the beetle story. It was actually interesting to see Hinata do something useful and cool. I'd like to see her technique up against Neji's technique and see which one is actually stronger.

No One Piece which really annoyed me. They put in some Yugioh/Pokemon anime in its place. I don't know what Cartoon Network is thinking, but they need to get One Piece back in the correct time, because it is far more interesting. Though whats wrong with Chopper, he's become a wimp in the Skypiea arc. He was so cool in the previous arcs. Its a shame to his character.

Dragonball Z with Goku ending his fight with Cell. Gohan is up next I know, so I'm looking forward to watching that. Gohan was always so much better than Goku.

Death Note keeps being fun and interesting to watch. They are trapping the third Kira currently. And for me I really love watching Light work. Its a shame he is not doing the evil thing anymore, but I really enjoyed that. I'm hoping that he will go back to being evil again soon. He was more fun that way.

And the last episode of Blood+ ending as about I figured it would. Though there was the only thing with Amshel and Haji that was not expected. But nothing new really happened. I actually would have preferred the other ending. But I guess you need a happy ending sometimes.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Last Anime You Watched 2.0 Hell's-sword's Avatar
    The last anime i watched was Naruto series 3.1 like yesterday it was amazeing lol.
    We have spent our time drenched in opulent splendour but when midnight chimes will gilded souls surrender.
    CRADLE OF FILTH
    DANI FILTH
    DEAD MAN SQUAWKING

Last Anime You Watched 2.0 GRIM REAPER's Avatar
    The deepest parts of Hell enslaving your pitiful soul.
    Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann is the last anime that I watched. Now this was a weird and funny anime at the same time. It had mechs like gundums but they looked like giant faces. it was a good show to past the time with and very entertaining.

The joke is far too true Last Anime You Watched 2.0 loner-kid's Avatar
    The last anime I watched was spice and wolf which is quite new, aired in march this year, and I loved every moment of it. There's practically no violence, the main character being a merchant, but the lack of violence makes it better because so much is put into the characters it just swept me up. The story is about Lawrence a humble travelling merchant who when visiting a small farming village meets up with its wolf god who wishes to go back to her home in the north as the village no longer needs her the whole thing's really sweet and there are some great moments. I'd really advise you to watch it, it's only 13 episodes so it's not going to cut out to much of your time

Read some of my stuff here
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...-snippets.html

The Gargoyle
    SPOILER!!:

The gargoyle sits, solemnly, alone
    That silent man of stone
    Here, for his deeds he must atone

Beaten eyes stare blankly
    Withered arms curved and wrinkly
    Bat-like wings spread fully

For once he was a man deceitful
    His soul decored in black so hateful
    From his despair grew pain most vengeful

With his death he was deserted
    Left condemned and desecrated
    Bound to form most understated

And now he is but a statue made of stone
    Sitting all alone

Star Gaze
    SPOILER!!:
    High in the sky, blinking down on us
    We all watch the stars
    Believing, as we do
    That friends and lovers long since moved away are staring upwards too
    Remembering us as we remember them
    Smiling in the light of an unatainable star
    And even if the star was snuffed out at that very moment
    We would never know
    We just keep smiling
    And believe the star is true

My TFF Family
    (is laughably small because 'loner' turned out to be fairly accurate)
    Unknown-Entity - loner-kid's hilarious 'friend'
    Raider - my ginger brother

I watched The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzamiya. It's a series I had been wanting to watch for quite awhile I had just heard such good things about it and finally decided to track it down. Everyone I'd heard talk about said it was like, the best anime they'd ever seen, so I had some high expectations. I was not to be disappointed.

While it's not the sort of thing I usually watch, I really enjoyed it. It's basically about this guy Kyon and how he gets dragged into the maniacal schemes of one Haruhi Suzumiya.

SPOILER!!:
    Who happens to be god. Or something to that effect. It seems that she may have dreamed this entire universe into existence. If she should become bored of this world she can simply destroy it and create one more to her liking. In other words, we must keep her entertained or she will kill us all.

And yet, she herself is completely unaware of this fact.

While the show is a comedy and thus shouldn't be taken too seriously, I found this underlying plot to be very interesting. It actually reminded me of a legend I heard once. It basically stated that there were people in the world who were put here specifically for the purpose of justifying man's continued existence in the eyes of god. If one of these people should fail in there task then the world would be destroyed.

The thought that struck me was that Kyon was one of these people. His job was to justify to the supreme goddess of the universe the continued existence of this earth. If he should fail, then She would simply start again. That would be bad.

I'm pretty sure the artist had this legend (and possibly some others) in mind when he wrote this. I believe it's an old Jewish legend if anyone's interested though I may be mistaken.

Anyway, she drags him (and others) into her schemes and ends up starting a club who's alleged purpose is to locate aliens, time travelers, espers, and anything else along those lines which might be running around. In reality it's really more of a "do whatever crazy thing just popped into Haruhi's head or she'll kill us all," kind of club.

Hilarity ensues.

Find it. Watch it. You won't be sorry.
    Last edited by Morik the Rogue; 04-28-2008 at 10:42 AM.
    "You taught me language, and my profit on't is I know how to curse." - The Tempest

Go with me, Exkaizer~ Last Anime You Watched 2.0 Treize's Avatar
    I recently watched Shakugan no Shana and the movie. I really liked the series. I heard that it was good, but it was better than I expected. I thought the whole plot was great. I can't wait to see Shakugan no Shana II. I'm sure it will be just as good. The movie on the other hand wasn't as good. I liked it, but it was just the first few episodes of the season and then kind of ended like the season did. I was hoping for a side story, new enemy, or something different, but it was just a recap of the first season.

Also I'm watching Hayate the Combat Butler. I've only seen the first 5 episodes, but I think it is really funny. I'm also reading the manga, so I pretty much know what is going to happen. I kind of feel sorry for Hayate. It is going to take him like 40 years to pay of all his debt. I can't wait to see some more episodes. There is going to be a second season too, so there are going to be many more episodes to watch.

Another anime I started watching was Ichigo 100%. I read the manga and I thought that it was really good, but I'm kind of disappointed with the anime. It is so short. Pretty much the first 20 or 30 chapters is covered in like 4 or 5 episodes. It just rushes through everything. This anime should have been at least 26 episodes. I hope that the anime gets better, but I don't know how the rest of the story will be covered in less than ten episodes.

Finally I'm watching Tenjou Tenge. This anime is pretty interesting. I liked the characters and the plot, but some things seem to drag on. I think there is a seven or eight episode flashback. I like the flashback, but I think it could have been a little shorter. Also there is a lot of fanservice. I was a little surprised because I didn't think there was going to be as much when I first started watching it. I can't wait to watch the rest of it. I'm really wondering what is going to happen.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    I just watched the first episode of Galaxy Angel Z. Mainly watching it as I bought the boxset for $5. ><

Three anime dvds for $5 here is completely mind blowing, regardless of series. And this I have enjoyed so far. Quite a funny anime. I'd recommend seeing it at least once.
    victoria aut mors

Right now I'm watching Gundam Seed, the part where Athrun almost kills Kira. Basically, I'm going back since a month ago I watched the second season, Gundam Seed Destiny.

>>>:

Oh hey there, thanks for opening! Here is a little section filled with my goodies here and there.

TIMELINE - Before 2019:

Moogable
    Bleachfangirl
    Ekimeinna
    Treize
    Rocky
    Tiger Lily
    Unknown Entity
    FF Ace Cid-Silver
    Raider
    Secret Weapon

Music of the Week:

Links:
    My DeviantArt Account

Last Anime You Watched 2.0 Secret Weapon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lemme see:

Bleach-eps. 54-61
    Inuyasha- Season 1
    Naruto- I'm not really certain about this one cause I've been watching this ever since I've been living with my big mama. I've watched this before then but I can't think about #'s of the episodes. I'll say NOW I've been watching this since everybody was trying to get that urn from those people who work for Oritchimaru.
    You Are Ichigo Kurosaki....

{My Loving TFF Family}
    My Mastermind Trivia Dad: Phantom
    My FFVII Obsessed sister : Unknown Entity
    My Caring Big Sis : Crazy Chocbo
    My Most Welcoming cousin : Priscilla
    My Anime-Addicted mother: Athna Loveil
    My High Flyin and Profiling Pilot brother: Final Fantasy Cid
    My FFVII, Tifa Befriended aunt: Winterborn86
    My Kool Aid addicted cousin: Mr. Spike
    My Yaoi Raving mom: Bleachfangirl
    My Cristina Scabbing Worshipping bro: Fishie
    My Ready to Knock Your Lights Out bro: Silver

Thanks Halie for the sig pic!

RPG's currently playing: Final Fantasy VII, Pokémon Crystal, Devil May Cry Collections (1,2 and 3)

Yeah, I'm posting sooner than I thought but I just finished watch Gundam Seed. Wow, completing 20 episodes in 2 days XD Oh well.. the ending was so sad yet happy T.T

>>>:

TIMELINE - Before 2019:

Moogable
    Bleachfangirl
    Ekimeinna
    Treize
    Rocky
    Tiger Lily
    Unknown Entity
    FF Ace Cid-Silver
    Raider
    Secret Weapon

Music of the Week:

Links:
    My DeviantArt Account

Skie's Dark Lady Last Anime You Watched 2.0 SailorCallie's Avatar
    For the past two months: Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
    For the past two weeks: Season two of Shinchan

Speaking of the latter, I am looking forward to Shinchan's Season One to be released on DVD next month.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki4NUl8vbJ0

The Cringe: Empty Table AMV by SailorCallie (me)

PSN Username: SailorCallie
    Nintendo Network Username: Callie1277
    XBox Live Gamertag: SailorCallie77

ok

Macross Plus ep 1 and 2
    Inuyasha movie 3
    Outlaw Star. all 26 episodes

Last Anime You Watched 2.0 Climhazzard's Avatar
    Let's see I've been watching Gundam Seed Destiny, but I have to wait for my friend to get the first Gundam Seed to watch that. And then I've been watching Black Jack. OnDemand is so awesome.
    The more the light shines through me, I pretend to close my eyes. The more the dark consumes me, I pretend I'm burning bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Climhazzard View Post
    And then I've been watching Black Jack.
    What a coincidence. He made an interesting guest appearance in Space Firebird 2772 (aka Phoenix 2772) a movie I just saw.
    Apart from that I also just finished volume 5 of Tenjho Tenge. Not bad, not bad. Actually quite good.
    victoria aut mors

Air from my lungs. Last Anime You Watched 2.0 Violet's Avatar
    I'm currently watching Speed Grapher which is pretty graphic, but I recommend it to those who are mature enough to handle nudity(lots of sexual stuff) and violence. The music is pretty good and the story-line so far is weird..totally my cup of tea .
    Last edited by Violet; 05-02-2008 at 03:02 AM.

Tenjho Tenge, English Dub.
    Just finished volume 7. It was epic funny, especially
    Spoiler:
    when Bob and Souichiro were taking a piss next to each other and Souichiro noticed Bob's bits were monstrous. Fitting in with the stereotypical black man having a large penis thing.

What I love about this series I think is that it does some things a lot of anime seems almost scared to do. I'm glad I own it, even if I did buy the set on sale.
    victoria aut mors

BASTARD!!
    berserk
    grappler baki

TFF's Token Imp Last Anime You Watched 2.0 Martin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ooo I've been watching Outlaw Star as well...

That and Ghost in the Shell: SAC Series One and Two. Really rather good I find.
    Spoiler:

Care to have a look at my WordPress Journal?

Stage Dives, High Fives. Last Anime You Watched 2.0 Confession's Avatar
    At the moment I'm watching.

Hellsing Ultimate series -(I Had to start from the start as Ultimate 3 just came out)

FMA series- although I've seen it all im watching it again I'm up to volume 6

Ninja Scroll series - I'm up to vol 2 dangerous path.

and Gun Grave, And i'm up to the second volume.

Wu Tang Killa Bee's, We On The Storm.

Hm... I finished watching all of Mai HiME and Mai Otome +Zwei (which that was about 5 episodes ->Zwei) Right now I'm watching Elemtenal Gelade, ep 23.

>>>:

TIMELINE - Before 2019:

Moogable
    Bleachfangirl
    Ekimeinna
    Treize
    Rocky
    Tiger Lily
    Unknown Entity
    FF Ace Cid-Silver
    Raider
    Secret Weapon

Music of the Week:

Links:
    My DeviantArt Account

SHUT-UP!, SHUT-UP!, SHUT-UP! Last Anime You Watched 2.0 ~FANTASY-ENDER~'s Avatar
    Currently enjoying life after a long deployment
    The last anime I watched was Bleach Season 1, it's the first time I've ever seen this anime. It's a funny and great anime, I'm currently watching episode 8 and now I understand why people enjoy this anime so much. I haven't seen the whole season 1 yet, but so far I'm giving Bleach a perfect 10 out of 10.
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER][/U][/B]
    I FINALLY DEFEATED TERRA IN KINGDOM HEARTS 2 FINAL MIX+
    I give everyone permission to call me Endy, and by the way I got that nickname from FATE, sounds cool
    RPGs THAT I'VE BEATEN.....
    FINAL FANTASY VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII KINGDOM HEARTS II ~FINAL MIX~+ KINGDOM HEARTS I, II, Re:Chain of Memories (Sora's Story), KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 DAYS STAR OCEAN III: TIL THE END OF TIME DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 1: REBIRTH DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 2: REMINISCE DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 3: REDEMPTION ROGUE GALAXY WILD ARMS 4 BLUE DRAGON

MY ANIMES THAT I OWN.....
    KARIN (Complete Series 1-24), INUYASHA (Episodes 1-167), SCHOOL RUMBLE (Episodes 1-26),SHAKUGAN NO SHANA (Complete 1st Season 1-24), BLEACH (Episodes 1-92), MY HiME (Complete Series 1-26), MY OTOME (Complete Series 1-26), PLEASE TWINS (Complete Series 1-13), ELFEN LIED (Complete Series 1-13), NARUTO (Episodes 1-28), THE MELANCHOLY OF HARUHI SUZUMIYA (Complete Series 1-13)

Last Anime You Watched 2.0 Magick 13's Avatar
    Trigun - all the episodes!!! I got really obsessed with this when I watched it for the first time and I've kept enjoying it since!
    Bleach - episode 1 & 2, supprisingly I've only just got round to properly watching this but it's good so far so I'm going to carry on!
    Last edited by Magick 13; 06-17-2008 at 12:46 PM.

Feel the awesome power of actual words slung together in unusual combinations!

Skie's Dark Lady Last Anime You Watched 2.0 SailorCallie's Avatar
    • Two episodes of Classic Yu-Gi-Oh! (The original, not GX)
    • Speed Racer The Movie (Not the live-action version)
    • Chaotic pilot episode part one of 2 (Not anime, but the series is pretty cool)

I would've watched "Akira" on VOD, but my sister had the Parental Controls activated on her son's cablebox, so I didn't. BTW, I was in Colorado Springs, CO over the weekend for an impromptu visit, so what I've typed down is true.
    Last edited by SailorCallie; 06-17-2008 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Addition
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki4NUl8vbJ0

The Cringe: Empty Table AMV by SailorCallie (me)

PSN Username: SailorCallie
    Nintendo Network Username: Callie1277
    XBox Live Gamertag: SailorCallie77

Last Anime You Watched 2.0 SSJ4 Goku's Avatar
    Somewhere with no stealing...no killing...Eden
    Earlier this week, I made a small chunk in my PeaceMaker Kurogane DVDs (which I've had forever >_<) and I watched episodes 9-11. I also watched ep. 34 of Death Note and ep. 8 of Code Geass, both courtesy of Adult Swim's website.

If there's one thing I can say about Death Note, it's that its ability to make me wait for next week's episode is pretty much unparalleled. Only Monster filled me with so much suspense that I wanted to tear through the series as quickly as I wish I could, which is really saying something. And speaking of Code Geass, while I still maintain that its plot is a little too close to that of Gundam SEED for my liking, it still managed to capture my attention with the unique aspects of its story and it's all-star voice acting cast (seriously, they pulled out pretty much all of my favourite VAs for this one, so, while I'm in for a long run (what with its second season out there), at least it'll be a pleasant one!

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast