Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Game of Thrones Xanatos's Avatar
    Game of Thrones-37728129-jpg

...**** you R.R. Martin, **** you

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

There's alot of stuff that's happening that can weaken the Lanisters. The god of light people, the ice zombies, dragons, mind-body possession, what other supernatural things did I forget to mention? Lanisters have a cool weapon of their own as well though. The series is called the Game of Thrones for a reason, you can't just get attached to one party too much. There's alot of stuff that's gonna happen between many of them and they aren't gonna be pretty, imo. I did hope that there'd be one or 2 global events that would kind of unite them, but then it wouldn't be called Game of Thrones now. It'd be called Game of Fate or something like that.
    Last edited by Odin1199; 06-03-2013 at 04:38 PM.

This ain't no place for no hero Game of Thrones Tiffany's Avatar
    You mean wargs?

Yeah, best piece of advice is don't get attached to ANY character. You never know when they're gonna kick the bucket.

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddamn Clint Gaywood View Post
    I've been anticipating and absolutely dreading this episode for months, and I thought after having read it in the book I wouldn't have cried so much but my god I bawled my ****ing eyes out.

Spoiler:
    When Talisa was like, hey lets name our baby Eddard and you can teach him to ride and shit, I whimpered like a little bitch. And then they closed the doors and I got chills. Michelle Fairley's acting was absolutely superb, fairplay to her.

A lot of people are posting online about how they're never gonna watch the show again because the showrunners ruined it with this episode
    Spoiler:
    by killing Cat and Robb

. It happened in the book, for God's sake. Sit the **** down. I hate people like that.
    I can so relate!

SPOILER!!:
    Since its been awhile since we read the books, I forgot how much I liked Robb Stark. Everytime something would happen during the TV show with him hubby and I would be like "Its a damn shame he's gonna die".

I have such a girl crush on Daenerys. She's my fave character out of the whole books, I love how she's gone from meek and mild/timid to now making cunning decisions and leading her army. Woot!

I'm really hoping next week shows what I think its going to show. That's long overdue.

The Brave Game of Thrones
    I haven't watched the Game of Thrones recently but apparently it has some really breathtaking locales.

Asking all the personal questions. Game of Thrones RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries
    And boobs you can't forget about the boobs.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Boxer of the Galaxy Game of Thrones Rowan's Avatar
    Need confirmation. This will have a season 3 spoiler episode 7ish. So don't read on if you havnt seen it yet...

There was an actor asme who played the whore ros. She said she didn't want to be an actor known for her exquisite breasts (yet agreed to play the role of a prostitute) anyway, that is why we saw little of we and absolutely none of her fantastic breasts. I have also heard her death in the show may have been a reason for her behavior too. Does ros die in the books?

Registered User Game of Thrones Halie's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Need confirmation. This will have a season 3 spoiler episode 7ish. So don't read on if you havnt seen it yet...

There was an actor asme who played the whore ros. She said she didn't want to be an actor known for her exquisite breasts (yet agreed to play the role of a prostitute) anyway, that is why we saw little of we and absolutely none of her fantastic breasts. I have also heard her death in the show may have been a reason for her behavior too. Does ros die in the books?
    Ros wasn't in the books, her role was created entirely for the show.

Just wondering, has Martin finished writing his 7th GoT book yet? Will there be more after that?

Blog Entries
    Nope, he's writing book 6 at the moment, the Winds of Winter. Nobody really knows when he'll be finished, I wouldn't expect book 6 to be done for another 3-4 years yet tbh

I'm finishing Season 1 today.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

That's alot of waiting. GoT show might be done by then.
    Last edited by Odin1199; 06-08-2013 at 08:58 PM.

Kiss with a fist. Game of Thrones Dranzer's Avatar
    The books became pretty exhausting. I stopped reading after
    SPOILER!!:
    Catelyn was killed. I couldn't take it, and even though Joffrey's death was pretty excruciating, it wasn't gruesome enough. I wanted his head to put on a spike, only worse (I was grieving since Ned died at the end of book one!)

Honestly, they're well written, but he takes way too long to do anything and he'll probably die before he finishes the series.

That being said, they seem to have really good writers for the show, so they'll probably end up writing their own ending for it (since they've changed a few things anyway including the extra display of tits).

Also:
    SPOILER!!:
    Last edited by Victoria; 06-12-2013 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Spoiling something that should have been spoiled. From my understanding anyway.

soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur
    happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr.
    PRK9 ♥ Prestige+ ♥ GDEAA

Nah, Martin is boss and will make them stay true to the story. Also, tits and extra background environment chars is ok, since it doesn't change the story much in any way.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Game of Thrones Xanatos's Avatar
    Didn't Martin had like a successor with whom he shared with what he has in store for "A Song of Ice and Fire" in case he kicked the bucket, I could have sworn I read that somewhere.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Blog Entries
    Yeah, he told David and Dan (main show runners) how he wants to story to go and what he wants as endgame and stuff. I'm pretty sure they also know who Jon Snow's mother is, too, but I'm not -certain-.

Dranzer, the second half of A Storm of Swords gets so much better.
    Spoiler:
    Don't let the Redd Wedding dishearten you. The North Remembers!

I've heard the 4th book is the best one. Can't wait for those episodes next year...

G'day Game of Thrones NikkiLinkle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I just finished A Storm of Swords Part 2. Took me a week to read because I'm that into it. The ending made me very happy! I bought A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons today. I'm hoping my favourite character will continue on. I won't say anything but damn I was so excited! That Petyr Baelish... I'm starting like this guy but I'm sure I'll hate him at some point. And go Tyrion!! You little legend!

But yeah it is best to expect a bloody, cruel fate for everyone haha.

I won't be watching anymore of the series til I've finished the books.

Why? It's better to watch, then read. From simple to complex, not vice versa, or you'll feel the series are too shallow.

Blog Entries
    I don't have access to the series atm. But I'd rather read first, form my own idea about everything using my imagination than being shown what it is by the show. I watched the first series before I started reading and for me it put me off reading. Plus I enjoy reading a little bit more than watching. But I will watch it eventually.

All evil will see the light Game of Thrones Assassin's Avatar
    I have a question! Is jaqen h'ghar gonna come back? Coz' I haven't watched the third season yet and I also haven't read the books.

Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
    I have a question! Is jaqen h'ghar gonna come back? Coz' I haven't watched the third season yet and I also haven't read the books.
    Spoiler:
    He is thought to have been spotted in the fourth book, so if the show decides to include this then he might come back. However, even if he does, he'll likely be played by a different actor.

I like reading the books beforehand, too. Reading the books didn't make Season 3 any worse for me, I still loved it just as much. I think it just depends on you as a person really, some people are book purists and it's really ****ing annoying. In chatrooms and stuff they're always like "omfg, they changed his hair colour, HBO you suck, I am never watching this again", and I'm just like, really? Shut the **** up.

Blog Entries
    When it comes to shows and movies made from books, you have to see them as slightly separate from each other, as they are usually just an adaptation. It's to be expected that their will be differences and people shouldn't get their bloody knickers in such a twist about it.

Oh and A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons are freakin' huge! They're going to take me awhile to get through haha.

Boxer of the Galaxy Game of Thrones Rowan's Avatar
    This is a request from me to those who do not realize, but spoilers do not show as spoilers on the activity stream. So if you are to write spoilers, please make sure that they are not included in the first paragraph/sentence of your post (quotes do not show in feed either) so it does not spoil for anyone.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Or you could just shut yoir eyes and put your fingers in your ears. That works to.

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

The Old Skool Warrior Game of Thrones LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    But that doesn't help the fact that spoilers show up in the activity feed due to the spoiler tag itself being incompatible with the way the system pulls text from posts. All he's asking is that spoilers are included further down in the posts themselves to the content isn't spewed all over the post previews.

I don't think it's an unfair thing to ask. I'm still looking for a fix for this, but in the meantime, yeah... help a brotha out?
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Blog Entries
    Season 3 finally wasn't very climatic, not as much as I thought but that's just my opinion.

Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

This ain't no place for no hero Game of Thrones Tiffany's Avatar
    Its leading up to awesome stuff later on. But I find its all personal opinion. Some people loved this season, I found that it had good parts it was rather dull.

Consistently Average Game of Thrones Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I watched a couple episodes on tv. I don't really know what's happening, who's who, or what season it is, but it really looks like a series I could get into. So I was thinking about reading a few of the books first, and then watch the series once I'm done.

I know some of you are already doing this and have talked about it somewhere in this thread, but do you prefer going books then series, the other way around, or do you not care either way?

Can't really go past the fact that the books are so much cheaper though lol.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Death Before Dishonor Game of Thrones Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I haven't watched very many episodes of this show, but the ones I did watch were very good. Should probably go through, and watch all of it.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Consistently Average Game of Thrones Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah the few episodes that I've seen have been really interesting, I'd just like to know a bit more about what's going on from the beginning.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast