Thread: Goodbye

Goodbye

After taking 24 hours to download the updates, the serial code from my box is not being recognised.
    Back in the box and back to Amazon.

Blog Entries

Re: Goodbye

Did you put the key in correctly? Did you buy it used? There's usually supposed to be a reason for this..

pretty sure its case sensitive

Scene from a movie.
    SPOILER!!:
    [Having pulled over a speeding driver.]
    Mac: All right, how about Cat Game?
    Foster: Cat Game? What's the record?
    Mac: Thorny did six, but I think you can do ten.
    Foster: Ten? Starting right meow?
    [They go up to the car.]
    Driver: Sorry about the...
    Foster: All right meow. Hand over your license and registration.
    [The man gives him his license.]
    Foster: Your registration? Hurry up meow.
    Driver: [laughing] Sorry.
    Foster: Is there something funny here boy?
    Driver: Oh, no.
    Foster: Then why you laughing, Mister... Larry Johnson?
    [Foster stares at him.]
    Foster: All right meow, where were we?
    Driver: Excuse me, are you saying meow?
    Foster: Am I saying meow?
    Driver: I thought...
    Foster: Don't think boy. Meow, do you know how fast you were going?
    [The man laughs.]
    Foster: Meow. What is so damn funny?
    Driver: I could have sworn you said meow.
    Foster: Do I look like a cat to you, boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly-bimbly from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer? DO YOU SEE ME EATING MICE?
    [The man is uncontrollably laughing.]
    Foster: You stop laughing right meow!
    Driver: [Stops and swallows hard.] Yes sir.
    Foster: Meow, I'm gonna have to give you a ticket on this one. No buts meow. It's the law.
    [Rips off the ticket and hands it to the man.]
    Foster: Not so funny meow, is it?
    [Foster gets up to leave, but Mac shakes his hands at him, indicating only nine meows.]
    Foster: Meow!

Registered User Goodbye Selcopa's Avatar

You probably did something wrong, call them up and see if they can figure out the problem.

Actually better idea, dont call, send it to me, ill take it.

Magically Delicous Goodbye Merlin's Avatar

I'd like to begin by pointing out that MMOs require a great deal of time and patience. Also of note is that pretty much all of them are quite rough around the edges in the beginning. Whoever tells you differently has their rose-colored glasses on. Even the famed WoW had massive server crashes, several hour-long queue lines, getting bumped off the game shortly after FINALLY getting on, etc etc. If you are already fed up, then MMOs might not be the right genre for you.

In any case, the serial code doesn't work unless you use capital letters. Type it in EXACTLY as it is printed. Not saying you did, but claiming foul because one enters an all-caps code in lowercase would be a bit silly to say the least.

Secondly, with the update manager, setup instructions has information on how to set up your firewall to not block the ports it needs. If you don't unblock them, it runs slow as shit. Also if you have a router you might have to tweak it. Not all routers support UPnP Port Mapping, which allows your router to automatically open ports to your computer for the application. If your router does not support that you must manually open those ports on the router. Speaking of that, there is a bug in several major editions of Linksys routers where UPnP doesn't work even though it is supported. If all else fails, try opening the ports and see.
    Last edited by Merlin; 10-01-2010 at 02:21 PM.

Final Fantasy Noob! Goodbye ZenMonkey59's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    I'd like to begin by pointing out that MMOs require a great deal of time and patience. Also of note is that pretty much all of them are quite rough around the edges in the beginning. Whoever tells you differently has their rose-colored glasses on. Even the famed WoW had massive server crashes, several hour-long queue lines, getting bumped off the game shortly after FINALLY getting on, etc etc. If you are already fed up, then MMOs might not be the right genre for you.
    To be fair, even though WoW had problems...the game was fun...

FFXIV is so....terrible. It's work. It's not a game, it's work. My friend owns it. I went over to his house SO EXCITED to play it.

Let me tell you...I love MMOs...I love Final Fantasy. I am soooo prone to fanboyism.

A game has to be freaking terrible to shatter my rose colored glasses.

Mission Accomplished FFXIV.
    Final Fantasies I've Beaten: FFI, FFXIII

Currently Playing: FFIX

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMonkey59 View Post
    To be fair, even though WoW had problems...the game was fun...

FFXIV is so....terrible. It's work. It's not a game, it's work. My friend owns it. I went over to his house SO EXCITED to play it.

Let me tell you...I love MMOs...I love Final Fantasy. I am soooo prone to fanboyism.

A game has to be freaking terrible to shatter my rose colored glasses.

Mission Accomplished FFXIV.
    ^couldn't have said it better myself. GG SE!!
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Magically Delicous Goodbye Merlin's Avatar

Question: When did you actually play it? It's safe to say that if you haven't played it in a while, you might be commenting on problems that no longer exist.

The game has been overhauled since this topic came out. They are constantly fixing stuff and are about to release a bunch of new content. Is the game perfect? No, but its a lot different than it was when it came out. It's not even the same as it was a month ago... and when they come out with auto-attack a short time from now and revamp the classes it will be even better. I'd say wait for the PS3 release before giving a final opinion on the game. That's when they'll be done doing their "beta" testing... XD