Thread: best places to lvl up and earn money?

best places to lvl up and earn money?

I finally beat the game. It was hard as hell...so now I'm ready to make my characters ultimate but to do that, I need to fight foes that give me lots of CP points and gils. Where should I go?

Let's make it rain. best places to lvl up and earn money? Jonathanx221's Avatar

Re: best places to lvl up and earn money?

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysFromHell View Post
    I finally beat the game. It was hard as hell...so now I'm ready to make my characters ultimate but to do that, I need to fight foes that give me lots of CP points and gils. Where should I go?
    Well, beat mission 55 for the growth egg, use vanilles death on neochu.

Theeeen, if you want gil go back to edenhall and fight the soldiers and the tortoise for a chance of an ingot or the trape. then repeat.

As for CP preemptive strike the behemoth and the giant dog thing that fight eachother and you'll get like 13k each time with the growth egg. Or there is this place in the mines you can go to, I forget what it's called.... but you can grind off bombs and pudding for tons of CP and bomb cores you can sell.

GranFran best places to lvl up and earn money? GranFran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathanx221 View Post
    Well, beat mission 55 for the growth egg, use vanilles death on neochu.

Theeeen, if you want gil go back to edenhall and fight the soldiers and the tortoise for a chance of an ingot or the trape. then repeat.

As for CP preemptive strike the behemoth and the giant dog thing that fight eachother and you'll get like 13k each time with the growth egg. Or there is this place in the mines you can go to, I forget what it's called.... but you can grind off bombs and pudding for tons of CP and bomb cores you can sell.
    I'm concerned about the Growth Egg.. I watched carefully and do not see where it is doubling the CP for the person I have it equipped on.. In fact, I see no difference in CP gain at all from it..

I had it on Vanille (as healer, not leader) at first, but didn't see even one extra CP point, so thought maybe it has to be on the leader.. Tried that and again, no extra gain at all.. Any one notice this or have the same problem?

Soup Kitchen Jerk. best places to lvl up and earn money? Polk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GranFran View Post
    I'm concerned about the Growth Egg.. I watched carefully and do not see where it is doubling the CP for the person I have it equipped on.. In fact, I see no difference in CP gain at all from it..

I had it on Vanille (as healer, not leader) at first, but didn't see even one extra CP point, so thought maybe it has to be on the leader.. Tried that and again, no extra gain at all.. Any one notice this or have the same problem?
    The Growth Egg doubles the CP of everyone in the party, and it doesn't matter who it's equipped to.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

The Quiet One best places to lvl up and earn money? Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Growth Egg works so long as it is equipped by someone in the battle party. And everyone, all 6 of the characters, will receive double CP not just the one that has it equipped. If you're looking to a single character to be twice as far along compared to everyone else this might be why you think it is not working. Because it works on everyone, so everyone will be moving together rather than a single person.

As for CP and gil, once you're strong enough fighting the Adamantoise in Leviathan Plaze in Eden is probably the best place since it hit several things at once. They are 40k CP without a Growth Egg (thus 80k CP with) and they drop Platinum Ignot (150k gil) and Trapezohedron's (needed for creating Ultimate weapons) so they are really good farming all the way around. The downside is that the drops on the items are pretty poor even with the catalogs increases the drop rates. Still more than likely you'll have all of your Traps you need before you get the money and you will probably be maxed out on CP before both are done.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

GranFran best places to lvl up and earn money? GranFran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by James K. Polk View Post
    The Growth Egg doubles the CP of everyone in the party, and it doesn't matter who it's equipped to.
    Ah, I didn't realize that.. Thanks hon.. That's a relief to know..

I iZ CoOl =] best places to lvl up and earn money? TLO's Avatar

I have finally gotten to the point where Adamantoise's are a cake walk, but I'll tell you how I did it.

Do mission 24, it is in Taijin's tower, go to the fourth floor, take the other elevator to the 5th floor (its the only other option) and go to the statue in the room. The mission will spawn right behind the statue so the walking distance is hardly anything. Fight the enemies, aren't too hard it was taking me about 30-40 seconds, and the drops are a lot but they don't sell for much. However the price from beating them is a Moonblossom Seed, which sells for 6000 a piece, not bad right?

So you figure you will be making 6000 every minute, so that comes out to 360,000 gil every hour, but what about CP? With the growth egg you get 12,000 CP a match, or 6,000 without it.

Not only are you making decent money but you are also getting CP as well.

I would not recommend going to the Behemeth on Gran Pulse, yes it may be easy CP, but by fighting the enemies in Mission 24 along with the Adamantoise, you will have way more than enough to max out all 6.

I recently took off the growth egg because I am almost done with everyone's last Crystarium, and you can't go back once it's full so I want to enjoy it =].

If you need help with the game let me know =]

- TLO

Iconoclast012

Did you finish the quest in Oerba where you have to repair Bhakti? He gives you like 4 or 5 platinum ingots and some other stuff. The platinum ingots well net you at least 400-500 thousand gil in one shot. One of the types of adamantoise also drops platinum ingots, I don't know what else drops them throughout the game but fighting adamantoise you can farm them.

I sell a lot of components and accessories/weapons that I don't use, or if I have a lot of them, no point in letting them rot in my inventory..

Basically, kill a lot of anything that drops items that "can be sold for a preimium" in the shops.

I've managed to get about 1.5 mil gil doing this and it's sustaining itself.

I iZ CoOl =] best places to lvl up and earn money? TLO's Avatar

That works fairly well too, I also never upgraded weapons throughout the story since they kept switching and I figured it was a waste of money. You can make a lot of money, but usually it's a lot of repetative stuff that works. Adamantoise farming, go to Edenhall to do it, problem is if you kill it, you need to save and either run a long distance fighting a ton of enemies, or you have to save and reload. I choose to reload but still, you gotta sit and wait and keep doing it, and the % of drops are pretty low too.

I think the best is Mission 24 to start out, once you get decent weapons then move on to Adamantoise

Balaclavas on...let's go shopping!! best places to lvl up and earn money? nickness89's Avatar

The best means of gaining gil and CP is spamming death on the Adamantortoises, since you have completed the game once already you are able to unlock the Death ability with Vanille on Saboteur, you just have to have her as party leader, summon Hecatoncheir to disable its legs, dismiss/gestalt him, then spam death while having Hope buff you and Fang debuff him, i usually get a Death to hit every fight, and buffs and debuffs help raise the hit percentage for Death.

Hewerya love...? best places to lvl up and earn money? seanb's Avatar

My favorite place was just before the end, where you fight Jabberwocky and Bandersnatch for the last time, It may not be the best place in the entire game, but it's most definitely right up there, and its very fast,

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seanb View Post
    My favorite place was just before the end, where you fight Jabberwocky and Bandersnatch for the last time, It may not be the best place in the entire game, but it's most definitely right up there, and its very fast,
    Ah yes. The Tesseracts. That was my favourite place too before the end of the game. I spent not that long maxing everyone out by grinding in that place, and then getting the 999,999CP to carry over when the story ended. [Tip]

Tis a shame it's taken out after the story is finished though, so it's only a good place if you're at that stage.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Registered User best places to lvl up and earn money? tehmuffinmon's Avatar

Yeah, I did the spam-death-on-adamantortoises-until-it-works along with the Growth Egg when I was maxing out the crystarium. It got repetitive, but I managed to max everyone out fairly quickly, definitely faster than I would've just grinding against normal monsters.

Go to Mah-Habara Asylum from light. Head back to the place where the mission 53 stone was (Freedom from fear). Whilst heading towards it, you'll come across about 7 bombs that you can quickly kill for easy CP about 14k w/growth egg. Run back a bit to respawn them. Can also kill rust puddings on the way for extra CP.
    "My soul, corrupted by vengeance, hath endured torment to find the end of the journey, in my own salvation and your eternal slumber."

Balaclavas on...let's go shopping!! best places to lvl up and earn money? nickness89's Avatar

Titan's Trials at the Faultwarrens is another good CP spot, and it gets you lots of bomb cores, and other items from loot

plus, it's always a challenge trying to kill ALL the flowering cactoids without letting ANY run away ... plus they leave good CP and drops.

Final Fantasy Noob! best places to lvl up and earn money? ZenMonkey59's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seanb View Post
    I skipped that part. There is a secret elevator on the left that takes you to a single Wladislaus (I think that's how you spell it).

32k CP for a 2 minute fight...and he respawns. Maxed out my characters (Stage 9, not stage 10) with about 30 minutes of grinding before the final boss marathon.
    Final Fantasies I've Beaten: FFI, FFXIII

Currently Playing: FFIX

If you are using the official guide it reccomends places where you can do some power levelling but it suggests that this game does not require this much powering up until you have completed the story however I would probably reccomend doing some power levelling when suggested as it wiil help you in upcoming boss battles, also when my gf was playing it she had some real trouble defeating Hectanocheir (sorry if the spelling is wrong!) and we had to spend some time powering up before we could win this fight so power levelling will help I personally think anyways but again it is just my opinion you need to make your own mind up on this.

Final Fantasy Noob! best places to lvl up and earn money? ZenMonkey59's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markandrewkinzett View Post
    If you are using the official guide it reccomends places where you can do some power levelling but it suggests that this game does not require this much powering up until you have completed the story however I would probably reccomend doing some power levelling when suggested as it wiil help you in upcoming boss battles, also when my gf was playing it she had some real trouble defeating Hectanocheir (sorry if the spelling is wrong!) and we had to spend some time powering up before we could win this fight so power levelling will help I personally think anyways but again it is just my opinion you need to make your own mind up on this.
    That is one big sentence...

However he's right, you don't need to grind too much in this game.
    Final Fantasies I've Beaten: FFI, FFXIII

Currently Playing: FFIX

Registered User best places to lvl up and earn money?

I guarantee you that this game can be beat with no power leveling whatsoever as people have beaten the game without touching the Crystarium. It all comes down to how well you can switch and use the paradigm system. Yes leveling makes it easier. But if your real equipped and know the strategy behind the boss then every boss is beatable.

As to leveling spots. I just farmed the Adamantortoise in Eden. The one that falls through the glass. He is there walking. There are a lot of strategies to beating him. But for the weakest strategy is to just use summon to knock out legs and then either get lucky with death or try to pummel him to death.

I did very well with the drops. I got a adamantine about 1 every 2 fights which is very high drop rate than usual. It usually drops 1 in 4 if you have the catalogs equipped. My friend could barely get 1 in 8 to drop so it all depends on your luck.

Each of these sells for 120000 or 150000 cant remember.

Using this method and playing through game at decent speed. I was able to get the platinum on ps3 version in roughly 80 hours game play. The trophy guide suggests 80-120 hours to get platinum, all depends on how well you farm.

Another good place to get cp which i think might have been mentioned is where there is a King Behemoth and another large monster. looks like long dog. they are fighting each other at the end of the giant plains in Gran Pulse right before you enter cave to go to further in story. Guaranteed preemptive strike. And if you use 2 coms and a rav. me and my friend were able to beat both at fastest in 4 seconds. Then run back down towards the mission thing, turn into tunnel about 10 steps and then turn around and they will be back. Easy cp, i believe its like 13600 or so. We were doing roughly 3 fights eevry 2 minutes that way.