View Poll Results: Which is more awesome?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • VII

47 51.09%
  • XII

23 25.00%
  • Both are equally awesome

22 23.91%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Which is the greatest, VII or XII?

Banned Which is the greatest, VII or XII?

Re: Which is the greatest, VII or XII?

Quote Originally Posted by omgawd View Post
    Sorry but i have to do this.. lol go you!
    No, my lady, go YOU.

Queen Which is the greatest, VII or XII? Crescent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    Meaning, even if you have perfectly valid reasons for not liking Final Fantasy VII you're a moron and have bad taste in video games. Superb, I like how open minded you are.

Actually, it is highly flawed, or at lest my take on what highly flawed means. As far as I recall I gave you a well written post where I summed up pretty much all of it's flaws, I even offered links to cover my claims... your response was, well, childish at best, you refused to touch even one point leading me to believe it's not all hate and gibberish as you're willing to believe.

If you're willing to preach and if it is indeed the "best game eva" you should at least learn to back your words and to defend properly, you can see how response such as "omgawd, you're stupid, you don't know shit, this is the best game eva..." or plain insulting someone for nothing but having diferent opinion than you may lead to someone not liking you. As far as remake goes, this may come as shock to you, but I would actually love to see that happen, with additional content and all those flaws fixed of course.
    Oh god here we go.. Back to the topic Yes FFVII IS THE BEST GAME EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol this thread turned into teens raging on pointless facts.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Queen Which is the greatest, VII or XII? Crescent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    lol this thread turned into teens raging on pointless facts.
    again..

Boxer of the Galaxy Which is the greatest, VII or XII? Rowan's Avatar

I honestly rank XII amoung the worst ff games made. Couldnt relate to characters, story was less than engaging (if not a rip off of star wars, seriously) battle system was actually fun, but in my opinion, the only thing that felt good about it. The world map was also quote beautiful. But with a bad story and bad characters, it ranks amoungst the worst in my opinion.

FF7 had great characters, amazing music, superb production value, engaging storyline, battle system, array of monsters, side quests, balanced development and progression, great variety of weapons and side story, optional characters, mini games, bosses and pretty much everything you would expect of a great JRPG.

It also started my ongoing obsession with Tifa.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    I honestly rank XII amoung the worst ff games made. Couldnt relate to characters, story was less than engaging (if not a rip off of star wars, seriously) battle system was actually fun, but in my opinion, the only thing that felt good about it. The world map was also quote beautiful. But with a bad story and bad characters, it ranks amoungst the worst in my opinion.

FF7 had great characters, amazing music, superb production value, engaging storyline, battle system, array of monsters, side quests, balanced development and progression, great variety of weapons and side story, optional characters, mini games, bosses and pretty much everything you would expect of a great JRPG.

It also started my ongoing obsession with Tifa.
    FFXII has everything in that but better. Your opinion way different.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Name one mini-game in ffXII?
    I just found it bland. Very bland.

I want to play a game. Which is the greatest, VII or XII? Zargabaath's Avatar

Name one mini-game in ffXII?
    Fishing....

Too bad I can't leave at that. Got to add more words. Both of these games are in my top tier but right now XII reigns supreme. It offers the blandness I like. A Matsuno game just like FF Tactics or Tactics Ogre. Playing those two games plus XII I can see the style permeate.

P.S. Another mini-game - the races in Balfonheim.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Which is the greatest, VII or XII? Xanatos's Avatar

I kinda agree with Rowan about lack of mini-games, although "Chocobo Hot & Cold" and "Triple Triad" are only ones I had fun with through entire franchise so it's not really all that big deal to me... as far as everything else goes, Final Fantasy XII is vastly superior not just to VII, but other games in franchise as well, but that's just my opinion.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

You all make me want to give it another shot, maybe I'm
    Not giving it enough credit. I've only played through it once, so maybe it's worth another run through. But honestly, ff7 is by far the game that defines the final fantasy series as being what it is, not because of those cheeezy people who think its cool to like it (I've never met anyone who says they play f7 because it's cool) but because the game is genuinely fun and interesting. Despite having some grammatical errors (which i think are charming in some way) and perhaps sub par graphics, it just goes to show where it's quality lies.

I want to play a game. Which is the greatest, VII or XII? Zargabaath's Avatar

but because the game is genuinely fun and interesting. Despite having some grammatical errors (which i think are charming in some way) and perhaps sub par graphics, it just goes to show where it's quality lies.
    VII is definitely a fun game. Jam-packed with tons of content. The Gold Saucer so far has never been beaten, so much to do there it offers a change of play. Then there is Ft. Condor, the motorcycle chase, snowboarding, and the submarine mini-games. Secret characters, ultimate weapons and limits, hidden materia. There is much to do in the world of VII. I find it a complete game.

The grammatical errors shouldn't be viewed too harshly by anyone whom generally accepts the translations of IV and VI with their famous quotes. The quotes are looked back fondly so the same should apply to VII's errors.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

I think most will say VII because they don't like XII battle system or so. But I think they're both amazing, but I prefer VII
    Spoiler:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6