Thread: Why Do Mognet!

TFF's Resident Messenger Why Do Mognet! Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Why Do Mognet!

I have played through Final Fantasy IX several times, and I do my best to deliver every Mognet letter I can. But I don't seem to get any rewards for it. Like when you meet Stiltzkin in Alexandria and he's asking the letter-carrying Moogle about how many letters were delivered. How do I make sure Stiltzkin gets all 6 letters delivered? What is the deal with the special item that makes the Moogles fur so shiny? What is the chain of letters for all Mognet letters? Please, someone explain Mognet before I go Karate-Kupo all up in someone's face.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Re: Why Do Mognet!

When you speak to a moogle even after giving or receiving a letter, talk to them and select mogent again. The moogles sometimes have other letters to be delivered.

The "stuff" that makes Artemition's (I think that's how you spell it ) coat shiny is a tiny side quest, But it's really just talking to someone and they give it to you. You take it to Mogent Central after finding it and then Mogent is complete. I don't want to give it away unless you specifically want to know what to do.

Also make sure you buy Stiltzkin's item pack every time you see him.

I always figured it was just a little extra fun and more story. The kuponuts you get from delivering mail are used to get rare armor "clothes" from the moogle couple in Gizamalukes Grotto. The armor and weapons you get from them don't give you any techniques though.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 04-23-2011 at 06:57 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Blog Entries

Every time when I come back to Gaia on Disc 4 from Terra, I have a letter that goes to the Moogle in the Ice Cavern. But I can't go into the Ice Cavern because of the roots that block the entrances.

Where are the locations to buy Stilzkin's supplies. I want to know if I have passed any. I am currently at Pinnacle Rocks in my playthrough, where I am about to earn Ramuh. I bought from him in Burmecia and in Cleyra.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

TFF Adoption Agency

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Swayne View Post
    Every time when I come back to Gaia on Disc 4 from Terra, I have a letter that goes to the Moogle in the Ice Cavern. But I can't go into the Ice Cavern because of the roots that block the entrances.

Where are the locations to buy Stilzkin's supplies. I want to know if I have passed any. I am currently at Pinnacle Rocks in my playthrough, where I am about to earn Ramuh.
    Is the letter to Mois the one you get in Ipsen's Castle? I think Mois Is at Quina's Qu's Marsh. I remember getting stuck there as well. You need Quina with you I think since he's near the entrance to Fossil Roo.

Location's for Stiltzkin:
    Burmecia, Cleyra, Fossil Roo, Conde Petie, Alexandria, Oeilvert, on Terra in Bran Bal and then in Alexandria again on the last disk. ( In that order..I think)

I dont remember specifically what items he has at each location.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 04-19-2011 at 07:10 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Blog Entries

I thought Mois was at Ice Cavern, because isn't he the one Vivi unthaws (LOL). He then gives you a letter to Gumo, who is in Dali Underground, right?

I personally think that Moogles should not be allowed to move from location to location. It is just a little too confusing for me.

So, in Disc 4 Mois is at Fossil Roo? I thought that place also got closed off. I don't remember being able to get there after the time in Disc 2.

TFF Adoption Agency

Mois is at Ice Cavern lol Gumo is at the Dali Inn.

And yeah I think Mois is at the entrance of Fossil Roo. The place is closed off, but you can still enter the screen with the stone entrance inside of Qu's Marsh.

I'll load mine up in a min to make sure haha ^^;
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 04-19-2011 at 06:29 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

From The Clint Eastwood

Blog Entries

If you don't do mognet, then how are the moogles gonna get their letters?!?!!!!?!?!

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Blog Entries

Well, they could always evolve into the 21st century and do E-mail, or get special Mogphones and send Kupotext messages.

TFF Adoption Agency

Blog Entries

Well, they could always evolve into the 21st century and do E-mail, or get special Mogphones and send Kupotext messages.
    No, they can't! That's where you come in!

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Registered User Why Do Mognet! Zidane77's Avatar

Yeah he relocated to Qu's Marsh after Ice Cavern melted

I think Mognet is one of the most fun side-quests in the game, u also get a Kupo Nut each time ,which you can get items for each one, some of them are good.
    Also when you do the Artemecion side-quest you get a Protect Ring and some other things possibly after finishing, dont remember, but always think it's worth it.

The only reason I do mognet is for the reading of certain letters most of them are qutie funny to read. Also if you are like my missus who thinks Moogles are just so cute you can do a sidequest at the end of the game that allows you to enter Mognet Central which is to be honest very cute! Also later on in the game you get Kupo Nuts from delivering letters and if you then go back to Gizamalukes Grotto and give the Kupo Nut to the Moogle couple you met there the first time you were there they wil; give you an item. It is optional but entirely up to you.

Registered User Why Do Mognet! Diamond Dust's Avatar

One of the letters requires a score of 50 or more in the skipping rope mini-game in Alexandria.

Which one is that? I never did 50 skips rope and I managed to do everything there was to do with Mognet and Mognet central what did I actually miss?

I liked Mognet, I just wish they had better rewards, and you know I wished they had a mog character like Mog from FF6.

Registered User Why Do Mognet! AshNStuff's Avatar

They will stop degrading us

Quote Originally Posted by AshNStuff View Post
    I always had trouble getting all of those coins, worth it tho for the alternate ending.

Registered User Why Do Mognet! AshNStuff's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FF9isthebest View Post
    I always had trouble getting all of those coins, worth it tho for the alternate ending.
    yeah I'm playing through the game, again, now. lol. I'm trying to get all the details that I may have missed the other hundred times I played it I've never gotten to do that though.
    They will stop degrading us

Quote Originally Posted by AshNStuff View Post
    yeah I'm playing through the game, again, now. lol. I'm trying to get all the details that I may have missed the other hundred times I played it I've never gotten to do that though.
    I missed a lot of the key items, like the ship toys and stuff, I did get all the skills and special gear tho, and every card, I consider that done but I still play the game to level up and stuff, who knows I might play it again.

Killer love song what a BLAST! Why Do Mognet! TerraWham's Avatar

I have played through Final Fantasy IX several times, and I do my best to deliver every Mognet letter I can. But I don't seem to get any rewards for it. Like when you meet Stiltzkin in Alexandria and he's asking the letter-carrying Moogle about how many letters were delivered. How do I make sure Stiltzkin gets all 6 letters delivered? What is the deal with the special item that makes the Moogles fur so shiny? What is the chain of letters for all Mognet letters? Please, someone explain Mognet before I go Karate-Kupo all up in someone's face.
    i didnt wanna read all posts but a quick general answer.
    Theres a hidden moogle town (central) somewhere in the mountains and you wont find it until you deliver all letters and do all the chocobo stuff.