Thread: Jenova's origin

Jenova's origin

well well, the mystery of Jenova will maybe never be solved
    from stories bout The great calamity from the sky, to Hojo's researches, we today know Jenova is an extraterrestrial being who fell down on earth to feed on it. BUT, where does she come from herself? what do you guys think?

well i've been thinking, and since i played DoC i've made my own theory. We know the story bout Chaos and Omega, Omega awakens when the world is in need, Chaos comes and eliminates the life on earth, Omega collects the souls of the earth (lifestream) and goes to travel the universe in search for a new beginning. MAYBE, that was what happened to Jenova. I'll refer to Jenova as female, since they do in the series too (mother and stuff). Her planet, in further text X, was endangered, by mass dying, or draining it's powers by intelligent beings living on them. And like Gaia, X created it's ultimative weapon and eliminated life on it. The souls of it's dwellers travel back into the lifestream. Now, in Case of the Lifestream, Aerith, being now in it, is talking bout a dark power (sephiroth) she feels travelling through it. Lets say after the mass dying of several billions beings, many of them being full of hate, they pollute the lifestream, corrupting the weapon which collects it (Jenova) at beginning meant to save them. Corrupted she travelled the universe, maybe destroying several planets on it's way, and lands on Gaia, leaving a scar. The corrputed lifestream enters Gaia's lifestream and pollutes it. The Cetra gather to heal the wound but Gaia tells them to leave as fast as they can, but it's too late, from the open scar lifestream emerges on the outside, the Cetras not fearing it because they thought it was Gaia's, come close to it, and it pollutes them too, turning them in monsters (like in Nibelheim reactor people were made to monsters by exposing them to mako(energy drained from the lifestream)). that's why in Aerith's mother's videos (forgot her name >.>) she talked bout it as 'first it came as a friend' meaning it looked like Gaia's lifestream. And since it was part of Gaia's soul now, Jenova-her body, even if kept by shinra and marked as "biologically dead" could have revived whenever the chance is given to. That's why, even after defeating her body, she didn't 'go away'. She stayed continuin to pollute Gaia's lifestream, causing Geostigma. After the Jenova cells where gathered for the reunion, and Sephiroth (carrying the 'soul' of Jenova) defeated, Aerith, acting from the lifestream with the Healing rain was able to heal the planet and her inhabitants, and Jenova forever gone...

Registered User Jenova's origin Kaiden's Avatar

Re: Jenova's origin

As you said at the begining, we will never know the true origins of Jenova. There just isnt any information on the matter besides that "she" came from another planet. Reading through your post I did start thinking about how Sephiroth has become his own entity within the Lifestream. I just wonder if he is the only exception or can anyone with a strong will or purpose hold on to their Identity within the Lifestream. Then being reborn in some fashion with knowledge of past lives. Also using the laws of that universe, I dont think Jenova is gone for good. I think she was removed from the people living at the moment and returned to the lifestream.

Scene from a movie.
    SPOILER!!:
    [Having pulled over a speeding driver.]
    Mac: All right, how about Cat Game?
    Foster: Cat Game? What's the record?
    Mac: Thorny did six, but I think you can do ten.
    Foster: Ten? Starting right meow?
    [They go up to the car.]
    Driver: Sorry about the...
    Foster: All right meow. Hand over your license and registration.
    [The man gives him his license.]
    Foster: Your registration? Hurry up meow.
    Driver: [laughing] Sorry.
    Foster: Is there something funny here boy?
    Driver: Oh, no.
    Foster: Then why you laughing, Mister... Larry Johnson?
    [Foster stares at him.]
    Foster: All right meow, where were we?
    Driver: Excuse me, are you saying meow?
    Foster: Am I saying meow?
    Driver: I thought...
    Foster: Don't think boy. Meow, do you know how fast you were going?
    [The man laughs.]
    Foster: Meow. What is so damn funny?
    Driver: I could have sworn you said meow.
    Foster: Do I look like a cat to you, boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly-bimbly from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer? DO YOU SEE ME EATING MICE?
    [The man is uncontrollably laughing.]
    Foster: You stop laughing right meow!
    Driver: [Stops and swallows hard.] Yes sir.
    Foster: Meow, I'm gonna have to give you a ticket on this one. No buts meow. It's the law.
    [Rips off the ticket and hands it to the man.]
    Foster: Not so funny meow, is it?
    [Foster gets up to leave, but Mac shakes his hands at him, indicating only nine meows.]
    Foster: Meow!

nah she didnt return to the lifestream
    the Cetra said back then that the planet will never be able to heal as long as she is there, even if it's only on a cellular niveu. that's why geostigma appeared. everyone thought that at the end of the game, after defeating Safer Sephiroth she was gone too, but her presence in the lifestream caused geostigma. but after the final fight in AC she won't (i think at least) return. that's why finally the earth (aerith?) was able to heal itself and the it's dwellers from geostigma. if she did return to the lifestream that wouldn't be possible.
    and yes like i said we will never know, i'm aware, unless SE makes another sequel which solves it, but i opened this threat to see your OPINION not facts, its just hipothetical speak
    Last edited by DreamCatcher; 05-11-2010 at 03:09 PM.

I have a peguin on a stick! ^_^ Jenova's origin Kooky Spice's Avatar
    Being held hostage by the imaginary people that live in this fictitious reality

Hmm this is an interesting thread, I wonder how many ppl really think about that but it really does stimulate the thought process. I guess I would have to go with the fact that is stated in the game and the movie. She really didn't come from anywhere she attacks planets and destroys all life on them and then rides the dead planet to her next destination. Now on to some speculation, I believe that Jenova is more of a corruptable virus that attaches to a being on a planet that she chooses and then lays dormant inside the being until she sees fit or until the person becomes mentally "unstable" or compromised and then takes over that person's psyche.

Lawlz Sephy so Smaht!!

This is where my name comes from for anyone who cares. Btw please don't get the wrong idea. I love Final Fantasy more than any other game series in the whole world.

"Good things don't come to those who wait. Good things come to those who want it bad enough to take it."

私は。。。思い出にはならないさ Jenova's origin chaosweapon's Avatar

Jenova is actually an alien. Her cells can adapt themselves to any environment. Anyone who possesses her cells is capable of absorbing characteristics from other organisms and become even more powerful.

You can compare Jenova to a disease because her ultimate purpose is to spread across the whole universe and infest every planet with her cells. I believe that there are more Jenovas in the universe of Final Fantasy VII and most probably that's what Sephiroth meant when he said that he will never be a memory.

grandia

this is only a theory, but what if the life stream of an inhabidant of the earth leaves somebody when they die and goes to tha tplanet only and when jenova died **her** life blood went to her home planet and was there resurected with so much intent on revenge for earth that she kept coming back. only a theory again, though the original post is pretty logical when you think about it.

Controlling With Fear Jenova's origin Unlucky Rufus's Avatar

I think its a little far to say that Jenova would return to her planet of... (lol, Spira anyone?) But, you know grandia that sounds like the plot to a cheesy live-action movie of ff7.
    Last edited by Unlucky Rufus; 11-10-2010 at 01:04 PM.

Registered User Jenova's origin xXx Rikku xXx's Avatar

to be honest i think you're all looking waaaaaaaaaay to far into this, a calamity can refer to a natural made thing so yeah aye theres my opinion, too tired to ramble on =)
    Some people say Poland is like the Mexico of Europe...I don't know what that means, but I like it!! - Chris :')

I have no idea myself and I don't think any one really knows as it is not mentioned anywhere in the game or the film so it's best to leave it at that as far as I am concerned!!!