Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FFVII remake is happening.

Boxer of the Galaxy FFVII remake is happening. Rowan's Avatar

FFVII remake is happening.

According to insider 'Verendus'. Verendus is not known for giving false or misleading information, so this is a pretty powerful piece of information going around. Since only being revealed yesterday, there are already articles swarming the net on popular gaming websites about the remake. Because the source of information doesnt come directly from Square, it can only be labelled as a rumor, but for those who know Verendus, you can be sure that this rumor holds weight. Lets face it, everyone. This remake was an inevitability. Did you really think a remake with the highest demand in video game history would go unnoticed? All i can say I suppose is that its about time.

What do you think about this? Does it make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside?

What would you like to see in an FFVII remake? ill start my little list here and you can tell me why you agree or disagree with it.

-Obligatory overhall of graphics and engine.
    -Strictly nothing left out from the original version
    -Extra sidequests/possible missions board (avalanche are a mercenary group afterall)
    -Highly detailed and explorable world map
    -More towns and world map locations
    -A few more optional bosses

Thats about it. Not asking for much difference since the original was practically perfect. Then why want a remake? Purely because I want to experience the game again from a new perspective.

Truthfully I've never cared and every remake to make an old game look better sucked and I personally hated it. Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes? Disaster. This? Who knows. I'll play it but I honestly do not care for it.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Queen FFVII remake is happening. Crescent's Avatar

I saw this a few days ago but in the end decided against making a thread about it..I have an account with neogaf its a great gaming forum with very credible sources esp ones tied to the japanese gaming industry. Eh I don't think I remember one instance in which Verendus has been wrong, to be honest.

One of his many posts got me very excited for last year. He claimed that SCE are working on 2 JRPGs, that The Last Guardian is still in play and will show up(which I already an inkling of), and that GT7 is looking to be released early 2015.

oh.. and certain "blasts from the past", which I attribute to Crash Bandicoot, Shenmue and FFVII.

But back to the FFVII remake..hmm..remaking my favourite game of all time..The best game of all time..I just dont know..I dont know..I shudder at the thought of it being true n I know for a fact they will remake it eventually but they're so many things to consider with such a massive project..Im scared lol im srs. I wont know how or what to feel once SE offically announce it. And They will. But first things first I need to see what Nomura has done with FFXV which I know will be released next year. FF15 > 2015 Need to see if they still got it. I loved Crisis Core and Type-0 so I trust a select few members of SE(originals from Squaresoft) but overall I dont know..

..but what I do know is that Changing the battle system is a surefire way to make grown men around the world cry XD

Bananarama FFVII remake is happening. Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't really care either way. However, I don't really like the idea of adding more towns. I feel like by adding more stuff like that, you're taking away from the original story. The bounty board idea is cool, as well as the extra side quests (as long as they don't have any bearing on the original story line).

I also want it to have nothing with any of the newer apocrypha. I still have a hard time viewing those as canon. I don't want references to the precursor games, and I don't want new characters to be introduced to fill a plot hole that was caused by a game that wasn't even a thought when the original came out.

Hell, make it pretty, update the music to the new systems capabilities (remaster songs, etc) but don't **** it it too badly. I want the same humorous parts to be there, like Don Corneo's mansion and Cloud cross dressing. Throw in a few more bosses, and update the maps, but not to the point where the level layouts are different. Hell make it full 3D with rotating cameras, but don't streamline it like FF13.

The more I think about it, the less confident I am. And with all of the new games that have come out within the FF7 world, the more I worry that they're going to screw it up.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Consistently Average FFVII remake is happening. Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I was just thinking about what I'd like to see in a remake of VII and now there's a thread about it

Things I'd like to see:

Fix some of the bugs/glitches and tidy up the translation and text errors. VII probably has the most of the main series games, so it would be nice to see it cleaned up a bit in that area. Things like the W-Item glitch should stay, I'm talking about all the game killing ones, like the one the corrupts all the data on your memory card. And things like enemies having attacks or AI scripts that they'll never use or don't have the riduclous amount of mp needed to use it.

If we get a full graphics/etc overhaul i'd like the characters to keep their orginal designs rather than the AC ones. Cloud and Tifa looked pretty good in Dissidia, so it's possible.

I'm all for extra side quests and super bosses, like Sapphire Weapon, and maybe a side boss in the Northern Cave.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I also want it to have nothing with any of the newer apocrypha. I still have a hard time viewing those as canon. I don't want references to the precursor games, and I don't want new characters to be introduced to fill a plot hole that was caused by a game that wasn't even a thought when the original came out.
    Also this ^
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth FFVII remake is happening. Xanatos's Avatar
    I would be perfectly fine with a simple graphics overhaul, additional content in form of new items, secrets and quest would be great as well to keep things fresh and somewhat new. Add more allusions to include newer games. I'm kinda torn on voice acting. I would love to see some changes story wise but that would only piss off fans of this game. If true I see this as a great news as I feel a lot can be improved thus make me like this game more and a lot of people would finally shut up with their remake malarkey.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

I understand where you are coming from, Pete. When I mentioned more towns, I meant thinks like healin lodge, and various explorable terrains. I also share some of your concerns about keeping some of the more key things in the game. Im not sure how its going to play out playing as characters who are being portrayed as terrorists that bomb government structures out of morality. I really hope that wont be an issue. The humerous parts are what made ff7 such a complete game. It had everything. But I remain confident. They have a solid game to reference back too and im sure most of the original team should rightfully be the ones who are asked to work on it.

The issue that I see is that since Sakaguchi and Uematsu are no longer involved, how will it play out with music etc? I dont like the guy that replaced him, everything sounds so... unmemorable (not to mention fkn lazy with theme songs, just pulling them from other artists). Do Squareenix even have rights to tamper with the original compositions?

Fix some of the bugs/glitches and tidy up the translation and text errors. VII probably has the most of the main series games, so it would be nice to see it cleaned up a bit in that area. Things like the W-Item glitch should stay
    The w-item glitch was caused by a common exploit in the way the menu's were coded at the time. The glitch was not specific to ff7. I also cheated multiple items with the same method in Wild Arms 1. They dont use that coding for menu's anymore.
    Last edited by Rowan; 02-24-2014 at 04:05 PM.

Id like to see a graphical re-haul (obviously) without changing anything to the main story, i wouldnt mind seeing more backstory/character development for the likes of vincent/yuffie/hojo, hojo in particular, he is a big character which they dont explore much of

But i have no faith in square, it will be like them raising the dead, it will come back all twisted and wrong

"Tiger Hair" FFVII remake is happening. HeroZero's Avatar
    I want them to add dungeons into where you go and get, KotR, HP<>MP, Quadra MAgic, instead of just hey you made it here take an item, I think they would be decent places to add content IF they are actually planning to truly add any content. Maybe just a post game dungeon where you get to fight Genesis or something along those lines if they absolutely feel they need to tie the games more heavily together, or even something that is related to Advent Children. That being said, I agree I would not like the main game changed to accomadate the other iterations of ffVII but as additional content after the end of the game rather than shoe-horned in.
    "Evil spelled backwards is Live, and we all want to do that now don't we?"

Mystyrion FFVII remake is happening. C:/Dille.Run's Avatar
    Graphical update including cut scenes (Halo CE: Anniversary style, none of that HD remake crap)
    PC release
    Harder difficulty
    Orchestrated Music (with option for original)
    Before Crisis/ DOC/ Crisis Core HD release (something of the nature of KH REMIX)
    More content is always good, but its usually small stuff.

Im all for a higher difficulty with ff7, but I strongly hope that they keep the battle system rewarding in that scenario. Im not sugguesting a grind fest in order to best your opponents, but what I am sugguesting is a curve that will allow you to get the upper hand if you put the time and effort into making your characters stronger. This needn't be done by simply constantly fighting enemies. This could be implemented by introducing new bonus effects/passive abilities by using specific sets of materia, character weapon/accessory customizations, being able to level up weapons, levelling up weapons with certain materia equipped to enhance powers/exploiting elemental weakness, customizing limit breaks, character battle positioning (attacks hurt more from sides or behind) etc.

Queen FFVII remake is happening. Crescent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I played/watched/read all the extra VII compilation material n from a hardcore, very vocal FFVII fan, you dont need it. You aint missing out on anything apart from seeing some of the original FFVII characters in CGI. You get everything you want out of the original game. To me they're just add-ons they're arent canon to me either.

As for what I want in the remake, I feel like I dont need to go into any detail but Im very much aware of the fact that its not an halfassed task just 'updating' some assets, they are essentially re-making the whole fkng thing.

They have:
    -the setting
    -the story
    -the script

And then everything else; the environments, models, animations, possibly the sound effects etc, n I have faith in the team that they wont do anything so utterly moronic as to tamper with the ost other than remastering it. All of this will need to be completely re-done and/or edited. Goodluck!

TL DR : I just want the exact same game but with a complete graphics overhaul and maybee.. yeah I want voiceovers the japanese ones are perfect exactly how I pictured them when I was littleX) They'll include em anyway.. I still adore those classic PS1 bitmap still frame backgrounds. Like living paintings. Square games had them, Resident Evil, etc. I still love those fixed camera angles and all. The open map, the blocky Cloud, the awesome battle system etc.... Edit: Amen to a higher difficulty. Man FFVII is sooo easy. Still fun as hell but ..plz just up dat 'difficulty' thanku ^^

@Rowan to ur pm Nope. Im not telling XP

Just to give everyone a visual idea:

FFVII (1997) vs Crisis Core (2007)

The Old Skool Warrior FFVII remake is happening. LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by C:/Dille.Run View Post
    Orchestrated Music (with option for original)
    Emphasis on the parenthetical phrase. But yes, absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by C:/Dille.Run View Post
    Before Crisis/ DOC/ Crisis Core HD release
    Only if it's everything in one disc. No reason to split it like Kingdom Hearts. In fact, don't even overhaul the other stuff... put FFVII HD on a disc and include original and spinoffs in one spectacular collection.

Or bust.

~ sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

I don't believe changing how the game plays during battle would be a good idea, think they would need to keep the game mechanics the same and just upgrade it visually, same story line and all. If this rumour turns out to be truth I believe the internet would explode. Some part of my soul remains hopeful though. The part that's screaming like an adolescent schoolgirl. Bless FF7. That game is one of the best of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by ezio69 View Post
    I don't believe changing how the game plays during battle would be a good idea, think they would need to keep the game mechanics the same and just upgrade it visually, same story line and all.
    Completely agree, nothing should change with the storyline.

This could be an awesome remake, just hope it is!

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm not getting my hopes up over it.

To be honest, I love FFVII, and I'm usually the one on top of my game pile, waving a banner that has some shitty message on it that begs SE for a remake, but... I can always boot up the original on my PS3 and/or Vita, and still enjoy it.

I feel like a remake will **** up the pace the original had. I've noticed many newer games are far too short, and areas seem faster to progress than older games. It takes out a level of difficulty that should have been there in the first place. Remember when you first leave Midgar, and you eventually reach the swamp with the Midgard Serpent? First of all discovering that you can't just beat up the boss, then trying to run through it anyway (then dying, again), then getting the Chocobo Lure materia, working out how to catch one (I still maintain that the cheapest greens are the best), and running through that swamp like your life depends on it?

That was all fun the first time. And the second, third... but in a remake?

As long as the world isn't small, and towns and villages look similar but bigger, then I'm down for it. I want everything the same so that it doesn't stray too much from the original experience, but enough new to make it feel like it'll be worth buying again. I don't mind another village, but as long as you need to work to find it - like the Chocobo Sage's house can only be reached with the Airship or KOTR Island with a Black Chocobo. I don't want them in the way of the story.

I feel like a remake will take some of the magic away. I'll buy it anyway, as I'm a fan, but I want my socks blown off and still feel like I'm playing a treasured, childhood game.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Registered User FFVII remake is happening. Sheechiibii's Avatar
    FFVII is one of my least favourite FF games (second only to XIII which is ranked low, low on the scale) so I'm looking forward to a remake because I'm hoping that it could sway me to enjoy it more. Also because I didn't find the original amazing, I'm not going to mind changes at all really. So anything goes as far as I'm concerned. Other than bringing Aerith back to life, since I loath her character. Making her more likeable would definitely be a change I'd be all for though.

"Everyone was so happy. 'Great job. You did it. You saved us... all.' There were too many smiles to count.
    But now...When I look back... The people who should be here aren't.
    The ones who should be smiling with me aren't here."

Blog Entries
    I would also be maybe ok with it if they release everything as a box set. Do it up like Kojima did with MGS (well, up to 4). Remaster everything in HD, remake 7, and add advent children. I think that a remake would sell, but that it would be a better idea to release everything in one box set. That way you can have the whole thing together, telling the story that they want you to have. You can even omit the Vincent game and the cell phone game since I heard they were overwhelmingly meh.

Granted, I'm still not thrilled with the concept of this. Well, to be more honest, I like the concept of a remade FF7, but I'm afraid of the execution. And as it was mentioned before, and I didn't even think of it, fleshing out certain caves would be pretty awesome, along with maybe whatever other ideas Square had at the time, but didn't have the space or ability to put into the game.

Also, in game collectibles and achievements would be sweet. Maybe all of those freakin 1/32 Soldier dolls.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

No matter what happens, the original will always exist; untampered, untainted and untouched.

No matter what happens, the original will always exist; untampered, untainted and untouched.
    For.....ev.....er

forever.jpg

I'm pretty sure they touched up FFVII twice before this.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    I'm pretty sure they touched up FFVII twice before this.
    My ps1 version remains the same as it always has. Nothing can touch it.

It's a smart and easy move to HD all their good games. I hope they won't lose focus too much while doing it. SE needs to make new games as well. I hope they will make FF15 soon and create next ones in a new original setting without sticking with 13's mythology.

My ps1 version remains the same as it always has. Nothing can touch it.
    I hearz ya!

forever.jpg

Blog Entries
    My brother bought a used copy for a friend years ago and wound up giving them my original copy because the used one didn't have the original case art or instruction book. I'm still pissed about that. My original copy is forever unclean!

I guess that's another reason why I wouldn't completely mind a remake, but it still doesn't make it right.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

Nope. Don't want this to happen. Nope. Nope. Nope.

Just leave the original game, the way that it is.

Yes it has aged graphics, sound, and has no voices but it's the original game.

Registered User FFVII remake is happening. White Mage's Avatar
    I'd love there to be a New Game+ where you can carry over your Materia into another playthrough.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegum View Post
    Nope. Don't want this to happen. Nope. Nope. Nope.

Just leave the original game, the way that it is.

Yes it has aged graphics, sound, and has no voices but it's the original game.
    The original game is not being changed. Its not like a patched update, its a completely new game seperate from the original which is completely reworked with current gen graphics. If you dont want it dont buy it. It will be your loss though.

The original game is not being changed. Its not like a patched update, its a completely new game seperate from the original which is completely reworked with current gen graphics.
    Ah that's okay. As longs as they don't change the story too much or characters, like they did with Crisis Core, should be alrights.

Blog Entries
    I just read a somewhat interesting article that brought something to light.

Given that FF has been moving towards an immersive gameplay style, do you think that squeenix would go with the original ATB/ random encounter style, or do you think they'd go with the newer more real-time based battle system to keep the flow of a "real" encounter?

Personally, I would be livid if they changed anything but the graphics, and maybe a few small tweaks to the story. I like the idea of new dungeons for the materia caves, as that's not tweaking the story. At the same time, I'd want it done by the original designers, which probably won't happen.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast