Thread: Is this...

Is this...

Is FFVI a good game? I got it from a friend recently, and I started playing it. Im wondering everyone else's opinion on it. Is it worth playing?
    Currently Playing:
    Final Fantasy XIII (Second Run)
    Final Fantasy VI
    Need For Speed: Most Wanted
    Battlefield Bad Company

Re: Is this...

Hands down, the best Final Fantasy ever made. And I'm a FFIX fan. Every Final Fantasy fan that I know IRL says the same thing. Also a majority of fans also say the same thing. Although it is just an opinion, this game is still great nonetheless.

Still, best FF ever made in my book.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Thanks, Im gonna start playing it pretty soon. I got up to the part where you meet the king (Edgar, I think?) Then I just quick saved and shut it off.
    Currently Playing:
    Final Fantasy VI
    Battlefield Bad Company

The game gets way way way WAY better really soon. You are still at the very beginning. Once you get your fourth party member, the game/story begins to take off.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Yeah I would say that VI is a phenomenal piece of work and highly recommend playing the game through and completing all of the side missions.

This is my favorite out of all the FFs and I give it a lot of props with out all the bloat.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Im definately going to start it and beat it after I beat Orphan in FF13 (Again).
    I just dont have time for both at the moment.
    Currently Playing:
    Final Fantasy VI
    Battlefield Bad Company

Never getting back together... Is this... JillXWesker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's a really great game, and I recommend it to everyone (Even though I haven't beat it yet). And I really love the story, and each and every characters purpose in the story. So yes, play it some more! It's really fun! I'm going to try to LV up my characters right now!

Love JillXWesker

"We Are Never Getting Back Together. Like... Ever."

My Signature looked a lot prettier in photoshop... :/

Registered User Is this... Zidane77's Avatar

I think it's pretty good, not the best one but still worth playing through at least once
    The characters and music are the best part in my opinion.

Glowing Ball of Awesome Is this... Ashura's Avatar

Final Fantasy VI is a really good game. There's lots of stuff to do in the game, lots of paths to choose from, and the storyline goes on pretty far. So I'm sure you'll have a great time once you get into it.

Contact me for signature/avatar request.

It's an amazing game.

If you like characters, this game has got it. You get around 12 or so characters each with some unique or cool abilities. And you would think with so many player characters plus enemys plus support characters that some would be under-developed or forgotten about.WRONG. Each character has probably at least an hour dedicated to setting up their story or development and afterwords their presence is not entirely left out (save a few like the secret optional ones, because they don't have to be there for the game)

And while not the ultimate best villain in my opinion,
    Spoiler:
    Kefka

is certainly an amazing one with scenes that will make you both hate and love him.

Places are memorable and most are very different from each other with their own feel.

The amount of customization for battle teams and attacks they can use is/are exceptional. Without being tethered to one "main character" no character has to be a burden (maybe not 100% true,
    Spoiler:
    Gau

can be annoying for the small time you have to have him on your team.

The story is long and intense, never very confusing, and mostly captivating till the end.

There are an abundance of minigames and unique fun parts
    Spoiler:
    Like when Locke has to change/steal costumes to navigate through an occupied town

Overall great game, it's probably tied as one of the top 3 of all time for me
    Playstaion ID: Setzer_All-in

- "Phoenix Downs are your friends. But remember Cloud they don't always work. I'm looking at yooou Aeris"

-"Immortal maybe... but not invincible!" -Prince (of Persia)

Registered User Is this... xxpanzasanchoxx's Avatar

The 2nd best Final Fantasy game

I will forever be in love with the feeling i got when I first turned on Final Fantasy VII, but as for VI, it is my second favorite and a definite time investment.
    "I'm the leading man, and you know what they say about the leading man? He never dies." -Balthier

FFVI was my first and all time favorite FF game. It's also the reason why I now have trouble playing games without a storyline. To think that at 10 years old I almost completely jumped over from platformers and fighting games to RPGs because of the love I had from playing this once.
    To contemplate is to look at shadows...

My couch pulls out but I don't. Is this... midgetbob's Avatar

By far the best and my favorite FF in the entire series. It's the greatness.
    mel 1:32 AM
    Hahah I'm like penis penis penis lalala <3
    [10/30/2012 10:46:16 PM] Mel (GypsyElder): I love Virgins haha

Blog Entries

Devil's Advocate here, I liked it as a game and as an FF game, but tbh I don't think it's even in the top half of the series tbh. I'd have that initial excitement and play through it until like after Terra peaces out, and then the game just drags it's feet for me, and is significantly less fun to play

The spell system was kind of cool but it just seemed bland that you could teach everyone the same spells, it kind of defeated the purpose to have so many characters available since they could all kind of do the same thing, minus the different abilities of a few.

Also the game happened to be very broken, which made the best characters the ones who had high magic evade since they could just dodge attacks like it ain't no thang. (Terra, Celes) Not only that, but those two in particular also had access to the best weapons in the game, so it really made the game weak.

I know a lot of people swear by it, but sorry guys, I'm not drinking the same Esper flavor coolaid that ya'll are. To me, every rpg had those tedious parts of the game, but FF6 had them in the worst spots for me, which really had me not wanting to attempt nor complete it as much as I would have liked.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Registered User Is this... HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm going to agree with Rocky on something here.

The magick system on FF VI is a little broken...I mean at first you would use Terra and Celes because they have magick but once you start unlocking espers anyone can have magick and it's just like Terra and Celes are now useless for me! (Used Edgar for Ultima Weapon)

I've seen a few magick and job and weapon systems that I didn't like but in this one in particular really bugs me.

The game is great and all but the magick system bugs me.

Sadly with all the newest graphics technology-FF's
    out there, I still think ffVI is the best FF ever made.
    A remake is in order here.