• I like them

8 66.67%
  • I don't like them

2 16.67%
  • I'm not sure how I feel about them

2 16.67%

Thread: Video Game Let's Plays - Your Opinon

Post Video Game Let's Plays - Your Opinon

So, I'm a LP'er on Youtube and I've been there for almost 3-4 years now. So I wondering what you guys think of people who do commentary while making a video game walkthrough. Being an LP'er myself I like the fact that I can add my own whity commentary to the games I record, like Pokemon, FF, and or games like Megaman. So, I ask you what do you think or like about people doing Let's Plays instead of ordinary walkthroughs?
    Originally Posted by Hellfire
    Who the hell are you? .... .... .... ....well, good luck with that.

XD. This quote screams post me in your sig!

Check out my FFVII Walkthrough, by first EVER walkthrough! I'm PhantomTFF on IGN and Tairyo on Gamefaqs.

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/946/946197p1.html

Courtesy of IGN and Gamefaqs. ^^

Yugioh and Yugioh GX Fanboy <---

Check out my Youtube Homepage!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Made4542

If you like homemade Final Fantasy and Pokemon walkthrough vids with a unique flair, be sure to Subscribe to Made4542 (Me).

Re: Video Game Let's Plays - Your Opinon

I don't really like the overall idea a whole lot. Most of the time there's a lot of trying too hard to be funny and failing, at least on me.

The worst is when there's talking during a cutscene with a lot of talking. It often leads to not being able to hear neither the game nor the player.

I'd rather just view a walkthrough, or something with comments on and about the actual game.

Lady Succubus Video Game Let's Plays - Your Opinon Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Uh, if you ran into that, then those are just awful Lets Players. You still have yet to run into the good ones. I recommend Lucahjin. She's wonderful.

I never really saw the point... if it's a spot I need somekind of a walkthrough for, and I *need* to see it, I'd rather it be fast forwarded than shown in real time with someone giving commentary.

It's almost a lot like watching all the damn boss fight videos for WoW. After awhile, the people just get annoying.

Will check that one out sometime. I know I've seen at least one or two good LP's. But having gone through a lot of them, I overall have given up on actually seeking out good ones, and will only go through one for reasons than the LP itself. There's an overwhelming amount of bad ones.

I like them. To a point, it's for walkthrough purposes, but the main reason I watch them are because they can be interesting and just fun to watch. When it comes to Final Fantasy, HCBailly is my favorite LPer. With Zelda, it's NintendoCaprisun. Outside of those games, there's no one specific.

Juppiter Adept Video Game Let's Plays - Your Opinon TheNiteAngel's Avatar

I haven't watched a lot of LPs on youtube, but I have seen a few that were done well. I don't generally have any issue as long as I can hear entire cutscenes, it really doesnt matter too much to me. I don't invest much time in watching them for Final Fantasy, but for other games that I don't have a console for, it can be better than a straight walkthrough with a good LPer
    Own: Origins (I&II), III (DS), Chronicles (IV), Anthology (V&VI), VII, 7-DoC, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, Tactics, TA

Looking to Buy: TA2, and XII-RW

Haven't played: XIII, 7-CC, XIIRW, TA2

Complete: I, II, III, IV, VII, VIII, X, MQ

-I am something of a perfectionist in that I don't consider a run through to the end a complete game. I have to complete everything possible.

Favorite non-FF RPG: Legend of Dragoon (Total Complete 8 times)

Current Goal: Bit of a break from Final Fantasy and into Kingdom Hearts. I've beaten Kh, Re:CoM, and I'm halfway through both KH2 and Days

I like it, but sometimes it can get really bugging. I hate walk-throughs so I usually only watch them for a laugh anyway.

Lady Succubus Video Game Let's Plays - Your Opinon Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

LPs are not really walkthroughs so much as they are playthroughs with commentary. I really enjoyed Lucahjin's playthroughs of Chrono Cross and Shadow of the Colossus. I'm also enjoying her ICO playthrough as well, which I still have to finish.

Registered User Video Game Let's Plays - Your Opinon

Most of the ones I seen are incredibly stupid, no offense to those who make LPs. I rather see a LP with someone who has beaten game 20 times, knows it inside and out, can get through game looking like they were paid to play it, and doesn't talk a lot. Don't need to be like, "Aww. This goomba looks like a weird mushroom." That ain't why I want to watch.

I do have one LP I recommend you watch. A friend of mine did it and I can give you link.

YouTube - &#x202a;aleckermit&#39;s Channel&#x202crlm;

Passing fair judgement Video Game Let's Plays - Your Opinon Judge Magistrate's Avatar

I don't know, if I don't notice something than the commentary miht help me see it better.
    None shall escape judgement, all shall fall by my blade.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla
    Firefly-The Greatest Little Sister Ever
    Ruin-My bro working in the military
    Nickness89-My brother from another mother
    angelmarie190515-My mentor and greatest older sister
    A Hero without a Name- My brother in arms
    Raven Zecht-Herald of what is to come
    LadyWinchester-The mistress of light and dark

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

I'm not a fan of them myself. I don't DISLIKE them or anything, it's just not my cup of tea.

Now Retsuprae's of bad LP's, those can be hilarious.

Resident Saint Seiya fanboy Video Game Let's Plays - Your Opinon Leon's Avatar
    Anywhere I want to live. Wonderful, is it not?
    Blog Entries

I like them. Some can be hilarious. I forgot the username for this guy, but at the ending of FFV

SPOILER!!:
    when there's that one moogle in the castle, I forget the details

What stood out to me the most was when the guy said 'Maybe the moogle will be king.' Had a few lulz, the tone was just perfect.

My overall opinion is, as long as the LP'er doesn't try too hard at making some good commentary and the walkthrough is actually helpful, I'll stick around and watch.
    Please read the poetry from two great friends of mine. May they find peace.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    ~St. Augustine

Blog Entries

I've actually used LPs to look at games I'm interested in but maybe am not totally sold on yet. The reason for this is because it's a more accurate look at what the gameplay is like, being that it's live-ish and not necessarily a clean run like a walkthrough would be. Depends on the LPer of course.

Aside from that, the only LPs worth watching are the ones where the commentators bring something besides tired internet memes and basically scripted dialogue to the table. I don't watch them much but a solid MST3K-style LPer would be absolutely amazing, not to mention actually funny. Haven't found one yet but like I said, I don't go out of my way to seek them out without a reason.

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

is not a douche Video Game Let's Plays - Your Opinon Bubble Boy's Avatar

I only watch Let's Plays if it's a game I'll actually never play.

There are good ones...and then there are bad ones. It amazes me how so many LPers are liked on YouTube are boring as hell, least imo.