Thread: New SNES game coming in 2013! (i'm not kidding)

Certified tech, come at me! New SNES game coming in 2013! (i'm not kidding) SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

New SNES game coming in 2013! (i'm not kidding)

So I came across this interesting bit of news recently. New Super Nintendo (Yes, Super Nintendo!) Game Is in Development for 2013

Super Fighter Team is working on a game called Nightmare Busters, I have personally never played a game made by them or have any knowledge of whatever games they made but yeah i'm pretty excited as i'm a big SNES guy myself.

Thoughts anyone?
    Currently Playing:

Registered User New SNES game coming in 2013! (i'm not kidding)
    Woh! Also excited recently replaced my snes as it broke and still love it! Some great games for the snes! Will be buying this regardless wow

*merged*

Will this come to uk???
    Last edited by Taco-Calamitous; 02-29-2012 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Don't double post, man

Registered BRUISER New SNES game coming in 2013! (i'm not kidding) Nidogod's Avatar

Re: New SNES game coming in 2013! (i'm not kidding)

I just recently read about a Genesis game that was in development as well. Really interesting stuff. I wonder how much money these companies make off their product, I mean 'niche audience' could not be better defined than as a group of gamers who buy legit cartridges for new games being developed for systems that died off completely like 15 years ago (and whose best titles are for the most part available in some current disc/digital form anyway).

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み New SNES game coming in 2013! (i'm not kidding) ZantetsukeN's Avatar

I think this shows that consoles like the Mega Drive and SNES have really stood the test of time. It's amazing how far they have come, and how much in demand they are still to this day.

I still have my Mega Drive, but never owned a SNES. I would be really interested in getting one though. So many SNES games I never got to play. This new one sounds really interesting too. Would love to play it.

Blog Entries

That's pretty interesting. I have a Duo Retro and an SNES still, so I could potentially play it if I wanted to. Not sure how much of a fan I am of the run and gun genre. Although maybe I am. Contra is a run and gun, right? Did love me the SNES, too. Although if someone were making a game for the NES... Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Registered User New SNES game coming in 2013! (i'm not kidding) kierandell1409's Avatar

I'll believe it when I see it, but if it's true it's freakin' awesome.

Memento RK New SNES game coming in 2013! (i'm not kidding) Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wonder if it'll be anything like N64. That was an amazing system. I WANT STAR FOX BACK!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the info. I have something to look forward to for 2013
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) New SNES game coming in 2013! (i'm not kidding) che's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZantetsukeN View Post
    I think this shows that consoles like the Mega Drive and SNES have really stood the test of time. It's amazing how far they have come, and how much in demand they are still to this day.

I still have my Mega Drive, but never owned a SNES. I would be really interested in getting one though. So many SNES games I never got to play. This new one sounds really interesting too. Would love to play it.
    If that shows SNES standing the test of time, what does having PS3 and Xbox360s say about the SNES?

The only reason SNES is good is because its nostalgic. There is no way you can even begin to argue that SNES is a better console than the current ones, as they can do everything the SNES can and more.

I can see how you could be excited, but wouldn't it be better just to create something that looks like an SNES game for the PC? How many people still have their SNES?

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    How many people still have their SNES?
    Mine exists. I just can't find the cords or the games. : / I know this was a rhetorical question though...

My understanding was that after the Wii, Nintendo had a really hard time keeping up wit the PS3 and Xbox competition. With PS move and Kinect pretty much squashing Wii's chances of making any sort of comeback, it was back to the drawing board. I'm interested to know what they come out with. I think it was rumoured a while back they they'd be coming out with a new system, but it's nice to put truth to rumour sometimes.
    [CENTER]

Things!!:

MSN RANDOMS:
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Registered User New SNES game coming in 2013! (i'm not kidding)

Quote Originally Posted by R.Kyra View Post
    My understanding was that after the Wii, Nintendo had a really hard time keeping up wit the PS3 and Xbox competition. With PS move and Kinect pretty much squashing Wii's chances of making any sort of comeback, it was back to the drawing board.
    Not sure where you got your information, but the Wii is the highest selling console this generation:

That chart doesn't include the DS (phat, lite and DSi) sales, but Nintendo made bank with that handheld too, much more than either the PS3 and 360 made for their respective companies. Even if the PS Move and 360 Kinect have given way for their respective systems to cash in on motion controls, they still don't have the type of intellectual properties that Nintendo has (i.e. Mario, Zelda, Pokemon)

Nintendo is doing just fine.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Blog Entries

Interesting. I get a lot of my information comes from hear/say and opinions. Facts are better to have in this case. This is why I don't watch the news very often. I sometimes believe what others say even though half the time it happens to be wrong.

Interesting then. I wonder if they're going to start restocking/reselling the SNES. Considering it's kind of old and some don't even work anymore.
    [CENTER]

Things!!:

MSN RANDOMS:
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Mystyrion

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    Not sure where you got your information, but the Wii is the highest selling console this generation:

That chart doesn't include the DS (phat, lite and DSi) sales, but Nintendo made bank with that handheld too, much more than either the PS3 and 360 made for their respective companies. Even if the PS Move and 360 Kinect have given way for their respective systems to cash in on motion controls, they still don't have the type of intellectual properties that Nintendo has (i.e. Mario, Zelda, Pokemon)

Nintendo is doing just fine.
    System sales don't show everything.
    http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...unges-66-.html
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/27/n...slashes-forec/
    Nintendo releases quarterly earnings report: 61 percent drop in profit, grim forecast -- Engadget

One quarter after another, it just keeps going down.

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) New SNES game coming in 2013! (i'm not kidding) che's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That's because every freaking 5 year old has a ****ing wii, my grandma has a ****ing wii, the ****ing old lady that sells me coffee in the morning at dunk n donuts has a wii.

Those are real gamers so **** them and **** the wii.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Certified tech, come at me! New SNES game coming in 2013! (i'm not kidding) SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That's because every freaking 5 year old has a ****ing wii, my grandma has a ****ing wii, the ****ing old lady that sells me coffee in the morning at dunk n donuts has a wii.

sorry for keeping this subject off topic but....
    Xenoblade Chronicles trailer
    Currently Playing:

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み New SNES game coming in 2013! (i'm not kidding) ZantetsukeN's Avatar

If that shows SNES standing the test of time, what does having PS3 and Xbox360s say about the SNES?

The only reason SNES is good is because its nostalgic. There is no way you can even begin to argue that SNES is a better console than the current ones, as they can do everything the SNES can and more.

I can see how you could be excited, but wouldn't it be better just to create something that looks like an SNES game for the PC? How many people still have their SNES?
    I am not suggesting the current consoles are not as good as the SNES. I am just saying the fact it is made just for the SNES is the big drawing point here.

Nostalgia is something that is big at the moment and has been for quite some time. Making a game like a SNES game for, say, PSN or XBLA wouldn't be nearly as fun as if you were playing a brand new game on your SNES.

I can understand that not a lot of people probably still have their SNES, but for those people who do, this is kind of nice.

That game will be emulated within seconds of it going public. Is it still an SNES exclusive now?

Honestly? Selling an SNES game now? Wont do anything. Since this thread I have heard nothing about this new SNES game. Quite frankly a Wii Virtual Console is the best way to go. SNES was the shit because it was the only thing considered the SHIT back then.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Blog Entries
    Responding to a thread I closed a year ago because I CAN. Because I'm still a moderator for some reason, even though I don't do anything anymore, lolol. Guess what guys? This game is still on! It's for sale! ....except it's sold out right now. But it does look cool, like something I might enjoy. So yay for this! I just need my mom to send me my retro duo/get it when I go home this year...

Those are real gamers? Although I don't know what that has to do with sales. Who buys doesn't matter. $$$$ does. Pretentious gamer man. **** you, not them And hahaha, you can't respond, since this thread is closed! :3 Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom