Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: good rpg games for ps2

good rpg games for ps2

can you guys recommend me good rpgs games for ps2? I have ps3 but I got bored of playing ps3 games now. All my games are shooter type of games for ps3.

For ps2, I have played ffx, ffx-2, and .hack series. Those are the only rpgs games I've played. any recommendations? thanks

Asking all the personal questions. good rpg games for ps2 RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries
    Well you have Final Fantasy of course haha let me see i will make a list of what i have played.

-Atelier Iris
    -Stella Dues The Gate of Eternity
    -Okami
    -Buldurs Gate
    -Champions of Norath (similar to buldurs gate)
    -Grandia 1&2
    -Dragon Quest

There some of the ones i have played i can't provide details on all of them because it has been a while since i played them and some of them are on loan at the moment but nonetheless if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

radiata stories-best game ever next to FFX
    suikoden 3,5
    i dont know if they count these but
    kingdom hearts 1 and 2
    i wouldent recomend it but im sure there are some who would
    FFXII
    Titles are merely a means to control those we fear

Go with me, Exkaizer~ good rpg games for ps2 Treize's Avatar
    There are a lot of good RPGs for the PS2. I can list some for you.

.hack games (1-4 and GU 1-3): These games have a pretty good story and are fun to play, but each game is pretty short. Each game is probably only 20-30 hours long to complete and the stories are continued in the next game, so you would need to buy the first four or the three GU games in order to play through a whole story.

Xenosage 1-3: These games are also very good. I love the story and the battles are pretty fun. Again the story is carried through all three games, so you would need to buy all three to play through the whole story.

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness: This is game a pretty good strategy RPG. I don't really like the story that much, but if you like strategy RPGs, you would probably like this game.

Kingdom Hearts 1-2: These games are also pretty fun. I like the battle system because it is more interactive than most games and the story is alright. Unlike the other games I mentioned, you could play the first game without playing the second game, but you would probably want to play the first game first if you are going to play the second game.

Final Fantasy X, X-2, XII: These are all good games, but I think Final Fantasy X is the best out of them.

There are also plenty of really good Playstation games that are very good, if you are willing to get them. You can find a lot of these games at a fairly reasonable price, but some have become hard to find already.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

~☆~Muahahaha!!!~☆~ good rpg games for ps2 SilkAngel's Avatar
    A city where the traffic is slower than a fat kid in a sandbox. -__- A REALLY fat kid. >.<
    I don't know if you would count it as a RPG, but Devil May Cry is a good series. Kingdom hearts, Xenosaga, Tales of Legendia is a good one too o.o
    My TFF Family! <3

Fate, my cuddly and lovable brother-in-law.

Armageddon, my awesome, evil, chaotic younger brother.

Shake it like a polaroid picture good rpg games for ps2 RagnaToad's Avatar
    I'd go for Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX, X and XII.

Though I wouldn't know what you're doing here if you hadn't played one of them already. ^_^

And Kingdom Hearts I and II are quite alright too.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Something smells shiesty... good rpg games for ps2 IceColdPillow's Avatar
    kingdom hearts 1 and 2, Okami, Radiata Stories, Star Ocean: Till the end of time,Grandia [never played but heard good things], Dragon Quest viii, Dark Cloud,Xenosaga series... theres many more rpgs but those are the juggernauts besides FF's. Also check out a game called Nocturne[?] I think.

If you want to stray from rpgs but still want a hardcore experienxce on the ps2, god of war, devil May Cry 3, Splinter Cells etc...
    How about I wash your mouth out with a revolver?....

Lets be best friends

Shake it like a polaroid picture good rpg games for ps2 RagnaToad's Avatar
    Right, I forgot about Okami.

I'm going to try that one myself.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

SHUT-UP!, SHUT-UP!, SHUT-UP! good rpg games for ps2 ~FANTASY-ENDER~'s Avatar
    Currently enjoying life after a long deployment
    Some good RPGs for the PlayStation 2, heres some that are great to play.................

Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2
    Final Fantasy X, X-2, XII
    Star Ocean Till the End of Time
    Shadow Hearts
    Dragon Quest 8
    .Hack GU series
    Tales of Legendia
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER][/U][/B]
    I FINALLY DEFEATED TERRA IN KINGDOM HEARTS 2 FINAL MIX+
    I give everyone permission to call me Endy, and by the way I got that nickname from FATE, sounds cool
    RPGs THAT I'VE BEATEN.....
    FINAL FANTASY VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII KINGDOM HEARTS II ~FINAL MIX~+ KINGDOM HEARTS I, II, Re:Chain of Memories (Sora's Story), KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 DAYS STAR OCEAN III: TIL THE END OF TIME DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 1: REBIRTH DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 2: REMINISCE DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 3: REDEMPTION ROGUE GALAXY WILD ARMS 4 BLUE DRAGON

MY ANIMES THAT I OWN.....
    KARIN (Complete Series 1-24), INUYASHA (Episodes 1-167), SCHOOL RUMBLE (Episodes 1-26),SHAKUGAN NO SHANA (Complete 1st Season 1-24), BLEACH (Episodes 1-92), MY HiME (Complete Series 1-26), MY OTOME (Complete Series 1-26), PLEASE TWINS (Complete Series 1-13), ELFEN LIED (Complete Series 1-13), NARUTO (Episodes 1-28), THE MELANCHOLY OF HARUHI SUZUMIYA (Complete Series 1-13)

The Great Basch good rpg games for ps2 nachiket's Avatar

Thumbs up

Devil May Cry 3, Warriors Orochi 3, Final Fantasy XII these are my favourite games.

Shinryu
    Disgaea 2 is an awesome ps2 strategy rpg for ps2(funny too)
    Onimusha dawn of dreams is another awesome action rpg.
    A good turn based game is the atelier iris series... atelier iris 2 is a bit too easy...

Registered User good rpg games for ps2 Yesha's Avatar
    I recommend..

*Shadow Hearts (aLL series) - A great game!

*MS Saga; A new dawn - robot type of game

*FataL Frame (aLL series) - scary type of game! Whole lot different to Resident EviL and SiLent HiLL! I reaLLy Like this game!

*Xenosaga (aLL series) - robot type of game aLso..

*Okami - you'LL be pLaying as a woLf

*Dragon Quest 8 - it's hard to LeveL on this game!

*Grandia III - a good game aLso!

*Legaia 2; DueL Saga - currentLy pLaying.. it's cooL!
    Last edited by Yesha; 07-25-2009 at 07:01 AM.
    CLICK IT! TO SEE MY STUFFS:

Quote for the month:
    “Try harder to succeed.”

What am I Loving right now?:
    YOU!

My Art Thread: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...ngs-lol-3.html

"HELLO GUYS!"

#LOCKE4GOD good rpg games for ps2 Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Man no one has mentioned Valkyrie Profile yet! The second one (Silmeria) is superior to the first. It's a little-played game, but it's got a dedicated cult following. Try it out!

Tsuna Feesh good rpg games for ps2 Fate's Avatar
    First, off, I recommend my favorite game of all time: Star Ocean: Till the End of Time. This game has it all: great characters, a good length, lots of things to do, and item creation. I think the item creation part of it is the best. You actually get to make weapons instead of just trying to hunt them down in chests or as drop items form enemies.

And I also recommend Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria. Out of all games, both RPGs and non-RPGs, this game has the best story ever. Everything about it is enticing. Every character plays a part, and they all pursue their own goal. However, those goals intertwine with each other, weaving a giant net of an epic tale of revenge and betrayal. I played through this game numerous times to see the story again, along with the fact that it had a very interesting battle system.

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dark Cloud is very good, with a quite nice story too. Its a little slow, but is very well worth it.

I've not played Dark Chronicle (Dark Cloud II) yet, but I heard thats pretty darn good too.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Tsuna Feesh good rpg games for ps2 Fate's Avatar
    And I forgot: Tales of the Abyss. If you're a fan of the Tales series, you'll love this one. Unlike the many other of the series, this game can utilize the entire field to fight, not just left and right. It has a good challenge, good story, and I'd say it's a very good game. Not to mention that since the maximum level is 200, you won't get bored that fast.

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

How do people consider Okami an RPG? By the traditional sense of what we consider an RPG to be, it's not. It's an open worlded action adventure game. It's no more an RPG than Zelda. The arguement that "it's a role-playing game because you're playing the role of (insert main character)" doesn't work (I've heard this in the past for justifying Zelda and Okami as RPGs) because then ANY game can be classified an RPG, since you're always playing as some character or other.

For PS2 games, I'd recommend going back in time to the PSX, since they're backwards compatible. Xenogears, Legend of Dragoon, Chrono Cross, FFVII, VIII, IX are all great games, all easily on my list of best RPGs ever made.

For the actual PS2, XII wasn't bad, but wasn't good either. Xenosaga, see previous comment. Disgaea isn't my cup of tea, being a strategy/tactics based RPG.

Come to think of it... I never played an RPG I really enjoyed on the PS2. I just played throwback PSX games on it.
    Last edited by Sean; 07-24-2009 at 11:55 PM.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    I tend to lump Zelda with RPGs because of the fantasy elements and I tend to think of games like The Secret of Monkey Island when I hear 'Adventure game'.

Okami seemed more like a 3D platformer to me kind of like Mario 64, but you could potentially lump the later Zelda games in there too as the gameplay is very similar in some ways. 3D platformers with inventories and the like?

I think many games have RPG elements these days and to some of the hardcore purists the term RPG only applies to either western RPGs or in some cases Japanese RPGs though many I know refer to those as JRPGs or similar.

What I love about the PS2 is it plays PSX games and combined with PS2 RPGs there is a shit-ton of quality JRPGs (my fave variety) floating around. Games I've heard called an RPG I'd recommend include Final Fantasy I through XII (though they lost something for me at VII and then again after X), Dragon Quest games, Vagrant Story, Kingdom Hearts, Xenosaga, Xenogears, Arc the Lad, Beyond the Beyond, the Breath of Fire games, Star Ocean 2, anything beginning with 'Tales Of', the Suikoden games, Vandal Hearts, any Shin Mega Ten games, Wild Arms, Lunar Complete, The Legend of Kartia (a game I loved almost no-one seems to have played :/), Unlimited Saga (though it sucks wang if you hate mostly text and menu based games), Disgaea, Atelier Iris, Magna Carta, Rogue Galaxy, Soul Nomad & the World Eaters, the Ys games, Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel and Steambot Chronicles.

I've also found some RPGs hilarious for all the wrong reasons some of the time. Think the voices in Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure.
    victoria aut mors

#LOCKE4GOD good rpg games for ps2 Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If we're going backwards compatibility, then try and source out a copy of Jade Cocoon: The Legend of the Tamamayu (AKA Jade Cocoon I). It's a great little RPG, light on story, including the strang premise of a main character who NEVER says a SINGLE word for the ENTIRE game. Somehow, it carries a decent-enough story (it won't make you cry, but it will hold interest).

The gameplay, however, is what makes this game awesome, and affirms it's place in my top 5 games. A huge emphasis on monster capture, manipulation, and development is this game's strength. The system whereby you can 'merge' two 'minions' together to form a hybrid means there are, quite literally, millions of different combinations of monsters. No two gamers will have the same minions (although at the start they may be similar as your pool of captureable minions is fairly low). Even in late game they increase the levels of division, allowing certain minions to drop 'minion skins' so that the skin of your kick-arse minion is in your hands. The moves, elements, appearance... everything, is yours to decide. And if you don't like that, you can always get your mute lead character to fight for you!

Oh, and don't even touch the second one, it's complete rubbish. It has an improved story, but the scenery (oh the scenery in the first... better than FFVIII) is contrived, and the best elements of monster customisation have been removed.

the suikoden series, the rest of the final fantasy series, and the star ocean series. all pretty good games.

8-Bit Underling good rpg games for ps2 Reverend Red Mage's Avatar
    Nobody here mentioned Ar Tonelico: Melody of Elemia or its sequel, Ar Tonelico 2: Melody of Metafalica. I'd kinda recommend both if you like J-RPG's.

Also, Grandia 2 and Grandia 3 are masterpieces. Grandia Xtreme is worth a play for the simple fact that Dean Cain (host of Ripley's Believe It Or Not, formerly Superman on some major TV network) and Lisa Loeb (indie artist lady person) provide voice acting.

All three Shadow Hearts games are fairly decent as well.
    牧師赤魔道士

This crime called blasphemy was invented by priests for the sole purpose of defending doctrines not able to take care of themselves.
    -Robert Ingersoll

Mage Chronicles, my blog.

Little Pandemonic Carnival good rpg games for ps2 Insufficient Mage's Avatar
    Nobody's mentioned Persona! Those are great JRPGs, though I can only vouch for 1, 3 and 4, since I haven't played the second installment/s. As far as my experience goes, any games from the Shin Megami Tensei series seem to be a good choice. Persona 3/4 are not only solid RPGs with great characters, but the Social Link aspect, as well as Persona fusion in the Velvet Room is extremely addicting. Plus, these games have got serious style.

I'd delve into it more but I've got to leave for work. But seriously look into these games if they sound like something you'd like!

The Quiet One good rpg games for ps2 Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Red Mage View Post
    Nobody here mentioned Ar Tonelico: Melody of Elemia or its sequel, Ar Tonelico 2: Melody of Metafalica. I'd kinda recommend both if you like J-RPG's.
    They mainly haven't been mentioned because they are extremely niche RPGs not to mention I think they had a pretty limited release. Both are very fun games so long as you don't heavy amounts of not so subtle sexual innuendos. The second is actually better than the first I think. But they are very Japanese and extremely niche as I said. They don't really appeal well to most people I'd imagine. But if you love RPGs they are definitely worth playing because you won't really find anything else like them unless you step into H-games. The closest other game to them I'm told is Thousand Arms.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

who's been touching my materia? good rpg games for ps2 Fang's Avatar
    Shin Megami Tensei Persona 4 ones of the best games I have played on PS2, I highly recommend it to all RPG fans.

My Heath Ledger fan sister:Unknown Entity

Death Before Dishonor good rpg games for ps2 Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There is a couple of great games...

FF X
    FF XII
    Kingdom Hearts 1
    Kingdom Hearts 2

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Kuzuya Mishima good rpg games for ps2 ziroth's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think the final fansty series is good, also the skies of arcadia remake for PS2 is out in certain Black mar----opps i mean nothing here to see

SURFS UP!!!!! good rpg games for ps2 Unknownangel's Avatar
    Final Fantasy series.Kingdom Hearts 1, 2, and Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memory.
    Surfs up baby!!!

Blog Entries
    Go onto ebay and buy the shining force cause that game is old but it's so good as a RPG

"I would give you my name, but you'd just end up getting it dirty"

not really a rpg, more like a strategy game with rpg elements, but the Romance of the Three Kingdoms games and the Dynasty Warrior games are all pretty good, also.

Blog Entries
    Well dynasty warriors isn'y really a RPG it's kinda. A very good RPG is the kingdom hearts series and ff12

"I would give you my name, but you'd just end up getting it dirty"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast