Thread: Favourite Character of All Time

Favourite Character of All Time

I was searching for this thread/subject and I felt curious as to ask;
    What is your favourite character from any game?

I don't really want to know your favourite set of series characters or your top 5. Look deep down inside and decide who stands out above all.
    Any game, any era, any console.

Providing a reason would be nice

My top character of all time is... Kratos. (Yup he's a popular one alright.)

I've always had a stern interest in mythological creatures and seeing them brought to life so devilishly in the form of God of War was epic. And the fact I played as the most bad-ass motherf*cker to grace my screen made it pure perfection.
    He's bad-ass looking.
    He's got bad-ass weapons.
    He's on a bad-ass adventure.
    He beats the shit out of bad-ass gods.
    And he gets laid before or during every game by bad-ass b*tches.

Re: Favourite Character of All Time

Kratos.

Why?
    - If God of War were a movie and not a game, Kratos would be a the best actor I have ever seen. He's just perfect for his role in the game, in every way.
    - He's weapons, his moves, appereance, and above all, his personality, are just amazing.
    - Who else fights gods, mythological monsters, and ancient heroes and kicks their a*s the way he does?

There where other characters in mind, like Zack, but they just don't measure up Kratos. God of War wouldn't be what it is if the main character was any body else.

...It sounds unoriginal given the previous post, but it really is my choice.
    Last edited by Illusion; 05-15-2011 at 11:14 AM.

.............. Favourite Character of All Time smurphy's Avatar

Well, when it comes to choosing one from outside the usual suspects, I would probably have to go with Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes 1 and 2.

Why? He is an easy character to empathise with, probably. He has no success flirting with Sylvia most of the time, has an unhealthy obsession with wrestling and otaku-type things and is an arrogant moron. But on the flipside he is very capable of kicking ass, has great one liners(as well as really funny, but deep, inner monologues) and come on, he recharges his beam katana by shaking it in a pseudo-masturbatory style. Whats not to like?
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    Winston S.Churchill

Blog Entries

This guy is my fav:

Kicks ass in the Smash Bros. games, has a cocky yet heroic personality, and he's a fox. Foxes are pretty much the best animal ever. Except maybe for kangaroos. But there's no kangaroo video game character to my knowledge. At least not one I care about. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

The British Guy. Favourite Character of All Time Robbo's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I Used to really like sonic the hedgehog but since the release of the new games he is lacking a lot so either Sonic or Superman

Sonic because of his can do attitude his encouragement with Tails and he is super fast. Fastest on Smash Bros. Brawl i'll have you know.

Superman for obvious reasons i actually have a Superman t-shirt and Belt Buckle. yes he is a comic character primarily but he's had video games so screw it i'm picking him.
    CPC8... Makin' it happen

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin
    Ruin says
    someone fart in my eye
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder
    Melibooyah says:
    Uggh bbl everyone is blowing me uo and I have to do my homework -_-
    Typo's change everything ^

Mario to the win! The B.A. Italian is on a magical quest so save the princess (witch he never gets her for some reason). It takes him to go on 8 worlds to save her. And bowser is amazing! It's a turtle who breaths fire! Who doesint like than. Anyways mario shots fire balls out of his hands and he is the best guy ever. He jumpes like 50 feet in the air and he sprints forever.

Albert Wesker.

He has to be the coolest villain of all-time, or at least high up on the list. He had a cool style and badass appearance. I didn't like him as much in Resident Evil 5, though. He didn't really feel like the Wesker we had seen in the previous games. He just seemed a little TOO different.

Never getting back together... Favourite Character of All Time JillXWesker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Favorite Character of All Time

This is a very difficult subject to answer with one-hundred percent heart! I have a lot of favorite characters, including most from Resident Evil and Heavy Rain, so let me see...
    Theres Jill Valentine, of course, and I adore her because she is such a great role model, and her outfits are extremely cute . I hate the new Jill's hair, I want her short style back, CAP COM! And I know, she's blond because of her cryostat's, but theres hair dye for a reason! Also she is very fearless, going into the mansion and escaping alive with her partner and the other S.T.A.R.S members that lived, and the Raccoon City Incident.
    Then, Claire Redfield. I just became a fan of hers, because I just realized how brave she is, going into the city to find her brother like that; plus her mother-like care for Sherry Birkins, when Sherry's own parents couldn't because of their work.

That's all that I think need really mentioned, so it's a tie between Jill and Claire .

Love Jill

"We Are Never Getting Back Together. Like... Ever."

My Signature looked a lot prettier in photoshop... :/

Consistently Average Favourite Character of All Time Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This guy. I've said it more then enough times on this here forum and in real life so once more couldn't hurt. Xigbar is by favourite character of all time because he's everything that makes an epic villain all rolled into one. Just his overall attitude is awesome. He's a wisecrackin' surfer talkin' old guy with an eyepatch. His power over Space means he doesnt have to aim straight at you to hit you with his arrowguns, the projectiles curve towards you, and he spends nearly the entire battle against Sora suspended upside down in the air because, well i don't know why, maybe just because he can.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Favourite Character of All Time ZantetsukeN's Avatar

Mine would have to be Ezio Auditore Da Firenze from Assassin's Creed 2/Brotherhood.

It's the fact that we get to see his entire story. From his birth to the end of Brotherhood (which he is in his 40s) and even beyond that with the next AC game. He has a really good story behind him, which makes his character all the more compelling.

Also, he's such a badass! The skills he has are insane.

The Flying Pinky

Kinda strange, but Zack Fair from Crisis Core is probably my favourite character. I think his development throughout the game is very well done... I especially like the ending for Crisis Core... I really feel like it put me into Zack's shoes, and this really helped from an emotional standpoint. Given that most players who play Crisis Core know how it will ultimately end, Square's execution of it is pretty ingenious.
    Last edited by The Flying Pinky; 05-24-2011 at 12:24 PM.

alexis9000

- Inside Final Fantasy: All the Girls except Eiko (and Sephiroth)
    - Sonic

Why?

- About the Final Fantasy girls, I like them. Simply because I like girls, like any other guy would. I just can't stand Eiko because think she's too childish.
    - About Sephiroth I like that character too because I think he's the perfect evil. Arrogant and with some fame of invincible warrior, his long sword amazes me, I wish I could manage a long sword like that guy.
    - About Sonic, I like the hedgehog since I was 5 years old, I used to play Sega Genesis Games, and I was a fan of Sonic games, Sonic is my favourite Sega character of all time.
    Last edited by alexis9000; 06-09-2011 at 04:13 AM.

Death Before Dishonor Favourite Character of All Time Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well most of my favorite game characters come from the final fantasy series. Ramza from FFT is probably my favorite character across all of the FF series. Vincent Valentine is a very close second.

Out of the FF series is Shadow the Hedgehog. F*ck Sonic, Shadow is the shit.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lara Croft. Easy for me. She's the protagonist of my first ever video game, and dare I say it, a strong female character in the video game industry. Women can play video games, and women can be the hero of the story. The games might've been disappointing after Chronicles, but Lara as a heroine definitely isn't.

Also, I have the biggest crush ever on Alistair from Dragon Age. He is amazingly cute and funny. Steve Valentine did wonders on his voice acting. x3

Who else... I like Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy VII. A little too emo now, but dark and mysterious all the same.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Boxer of the Galaxy Favourite Character of All Time Rowan's Avatar

Tifa. Its gotta be. There have been others but she really does stand out for me. It must be her breasts and her sexuality. Its definitly not her personality, because theres been many female characters who give off the same vibe in terms of mannerisms and words. I really do favor FF7 more than any other game, so that could also play a factor in her being my favorite character.

I stay true to what I believe. She most certainly is rocking a 12GG.
    Last edited by Rowan; 06-08-2011 at 07:07 PM. Reason: friendly sugguestion

___________ Favourite Character of All Time Kyreaan's Avatar

The top of my list would be Mega Man from the first series on the warm graphics of the NES. I spent most of the time in 3, 4, and 5. A lot of enjoyment came from plundering abilities of enemy robots created by Dr. Light's former friend, Dr. Wily. Beat, Rush, and the robot trash can were great friends. Snake Man, Drill Man, Gemini Man, and Ice Man had no chance. I'll probably never forget how much time I spent in the areas you have to do just right or it's death.

Thanks, JoySmilie. I would also have to say the main character from Metroid would be a close second. I loved the endings where you get to see who the character really is. I'm really glad someone made a remake. There was also a release called the Mega Man X Collection. That was a remake of several old and later X games. I'm going to have to find any UMD for the series.
    Last edited by Kyreaan; 06-21-2011 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Image/Content Power Up

Chrono Cores:

Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyreaan View Post
    I would skip the part about it being a 100lb box set and consider the relative mass to converted energy for the staircase. The style I would first choose is to go for the Aeronaut legos and calculate relative time and distance to the axis points within the electromagnetic field that could cross over warping into a wormhole given enough density converted into energy by using the funnelled power of the sun. Enough power may be derived not from the sun, but from the mass of an artificial, contained black hole connected to a semi-quantum theorized single vacuum tube for energy wave processing. You cause youself to fold inward and then collapse in on itself, while rematerializing into another universe or within the same universe with the rest of your ship. Your reference points will be the nearby astrology of wherever you ended up, as well as the age of the nearby stars relative to your current star maps. Go ahead and give me a call or send me an email if I am considered for the position. Thanks. It was nice meeting you.
    I am slapping this thread up for an update. There was a petition set up at Petition Spot for .hack//Link (PSP). It says it is needing 50,000 signers, but it looks like they are asking for only 100 right now. This is asking for either an English patch or an English release towards both NA and Europe regions. It is the last game of the entire series.

.hack//Link English Localization- Petition Spot

The first two series, for those of you who don't read or know, were 7 volumes total and all for PS2. There was also an 8th; it was called .hack//Fragment Offline. A lot of people didn't know that I bet. Has anyone read any .hack manga? If you don't plan on getting Link and instead prefer to read, I recommend at least trying out .hack//Link Manga- Read .hack//Link Manga Online for Free at Manga Fox. Let me know what you think.

I invented Go-Gurt. Favourite Character of All Time Clint's Avatar

The best character from any game is Pitfall Harry. The guy swings across pools of crocodiles, he's constantly being attacked by rattle snakes, scorpions, logs, and fire, and he puts himself through all of this for treasure.

Somehow, Pitfall Harry manages to find the most bizarre treasure to be hidden in a wild jungle. Bars of silver and gold, diamond rings, and bags of cash. Now who keeps that kind of crap hidden in a wild jungle? People on the run and hiding from law enforcement or military. I'm guessing he's near a Vietnamese opiate production and/or distribution camp, which means that not only does he have to watch out for wild animals and logs attempting to kill him, but he's got to keep himself hidden from the Vietcong.

Perhaps Pitfall Harry was the reason the Cold War lasted so long.

___________ Favourite Character of All Time Kyreaan's Avatar

I haven't had an Atari Jaguar since I was a kid. I didn't have Pitfall, but I completely see what you mean. It reminded me of Indiana Jones. I probably should have gotten it, but I was busy with other games. I'm impressed someone here knows about Pitfall Harry. My favorite move I've seen was sinking into the bury tunnel, just to walk under the pond with the crocks.

You should find a Pitfall Harry av/sig combo. In fact, I think it would be hilarious if people in this thread changed into an av/sig combo of the character they listed.

YouTube - ‪Pitfall The Mayan Adventure Review (Atari Jaguar)&#x202crlm;

Chrono Cores:

Quotes:
    I would skip the part about it being a 100lb box set and consider the relative mass to converted energy for the staircase. The style I would first choose is to go for the Aeronaut legos and calculate relative time and distance to the axis points within the electromagnetic field that could cross over warping into a wormhole given enough density converted into energy by using the funnelled power of the sun. Enough power may be derived not from the sun, but from the mass of an artificial, contained black hole connected to a semi-quantum theorized single vacuum tube for energy wave processing. You cause youself to fold inward and then collapse in on itself, while rematerializing into another universe or within the same universe with the rest of your ship. Your reference points will be the nearby astrology of wherever you ended up, as well as the age of the nearby stars relative to your current star maps. Go ahead and give me a call or send me an email if I am considered for the position. Thanks. It was nice meeting you.
    I am slapping this thread up for an update. There was a petition set up at Petition Spot for .hack//Link (PSP). It says it is needing 50,000 signers, but it looks like they are asking for only 100 right now. This is asking for either an English patch or an English release towards both NA and Europe regions. It is the last game of the entire series.

.hack//Link English Localization- Petition Spot

The first two series, for those of you who don't read or know, were 7 volumes total and all for PS2. There was also an 8th; it was called .hack//Fragment Offline. A lot of people didn't know that I bet. Has anyone read any .hack manga? If you don't plan on getting Link and instead prefer to read, I recommend at least trying out .hack//Link Manga- Read .hack//Link Manga Online for Free at Manga Fox. Let me know what you think.

I'm really not sure. It is out of;

Akuma/Gouki/Oni - (Street Fighter)

Dante - (Devil May Cry)

Raiden - (Metal Gear Solid)

Cecil Harvey - (Final Fantasy IV)

Juppiter Adept Favourite Character of All Time TheNiteAngel's Avatar

I'm tempted to give it to Squall from FFVIII, but in this case, all games considered, I have to say Solid Snake. I've always liked the Thief/Ninja/Rogue archetype of vg characters.
    Own: Origins (I&II), III (DS), Chronicles (IV), Anthology (V&VI), VII, 7-DoC, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, Tactics, TA

Looking to Buy: TA2, and XII-RW

Haven't played: XIII, 7-CC, XIIRW, TA2

Complete: I, II, III, IV, VII, VIII, X, MQ

-I am something of a perfectionist in that I don't consider a run through to the end a complete game. I have to complete everything possible.

Favorite non-FF RPG: Legend of Dragoon (Total Complete 8 times)

Current Goal: Bit of a break from Final Fantasy and into Kingdom Hearts. I've beaten Kh, Re:CoM, and I'm halfway through both KH2 and Days

Passing fair judgement Favourite Character of All Time Judge Magistrate's Avatar

How do I pick just one, it's so hard because I like so many characters. How about Axel from KH. He was wicked cool, and guys that use fire are cool. they always end up being my favorites. I also like Yuna and Lightning though, it's so hard to choose.
    None shall escape judgement, all shall fall by my blade.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla
    Firefly-The Greatest Little Sister Ever
    Ruin-My bro working in the military
    Nickness89-My brother from another mother
    angelmarie190515-My mentor and greatest older sister
    A Hero without a Name- My brother in arms
    Raven Zecht-Herald of what is to come
    LadyWinchester-The mistress of light and dark

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Favourite Character of All Time Xanatos's Avatar

Questions like this one should be forbidden by law, it's hard, almost impossible to pick just one character. My usual choice then I guess, can't go wrong with Kuja.

Example of perfect villain, well, almost perfect. Kuja is unlike any other villain in franchise, poetic, man with manners, perfect gentleman if you will. Brilliant tactician as well, with few well chosen words he managed to threw an entire continent into chaos of war, to exploit others to do his evil bidding's. As for power, he showed quite a bit, managed to restrain Bahamuth with little to no effort, destroyed Pandemonium, summoned four fiends, he even overthrew his own creator. One of few villains who managed to accomplish his goal, and had change of heart. (God, I wrote this like million times)

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Badass Military Agent Favourite Character of All Time Linus Li Lelouch's Avatar

Favorite character of all time?

Ryu from Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter

Why?

Easy, he basically did what he want, when he wanted, and how he wanted. They told him not to do something, well he said screw that and did it anyway. Killed numerous amounts of his fellow comrades, his best friend and even his Teacher (Instructor). Punched a doctor after learning the truth about something, then threaten to kill his ass.

He learned that his actions will potentially destroy the known world, and well he didn't give a damn.

Ryu... Ryu... Ryu...

What a badass

~The will to not want anything in exchange for nothing~ *Your's truly Linus*

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.