Thread: Favorite Video Game Villain!

Little Pandemonic Carnival Favorite Video Game Villain! Insufficient Mage's Avatar

Favorite Video Game Villain!

Everybody's got one, right? Final Fantasy or otherwise, tell me why your favorite is your favorite! Are they a vicious killer? Cheesy? A maniac? Is it because of their dashing good looks?
    What did they do to make you appreciate them as a villain?

Of all the games I've played, my favorite antagonist is easy. The position definitely goes to Albedo from Xenosaga. Minor spoilers ahead possibly? Even though this is an old game...

Like plenty villains out there, this man is off his rocker. But his sort of crazy has an air of sophistication about it, casually quoting shakespeare while he dismembers himself. All to scare a little girl out of consciousness. He's a sadomasochist, so he loves harming himself as much as others, if not more so. Luckily he has a harem of artificial girls to abuse and torture to his heart's content.

I also don't think he'd be quite the same if he weren't voiced by Crispin Freeman (in English), who does an incredible job, even if the maniacal laughter sounds a bit forced at times. I can't imagine anybody conveying the guy's mental instability better than him.

Despite all of this, it becomes clear later on (more so in the second game) that Albedo still has the mind of a child, which is disturbingly most likely the reason why he's so cruel.

So that's Albedo, and that's why he's my favorite villain. Your turn, guys!

((P.S., I did a search and didn't find an already existing thread like this, but if I'm wrong, then... MERGE!))
    Last edited by Insufficient Mage; 11-13-2009 at 02:20 PM.

Lord Deity of Harmony Favorite Video Game Villain! Elyon Seraphim's Avatar
    Meh, Easy question!

Defiantly Gilgamesh!

Just because he is awesome in almost every way!

He deserve to be a main character in a game!

Will he ever obtain it however?
    My Reaction of People That Points The Obvious

This is my Daily Day in 2Fort
    My TFF Family:
    Still working on rewamping this, Just give a shout if you wanna join!

I have plenty of favorite Villains:

The best come from Metal gear:
    1.) Psycho Mantis
    2.) Liquid
    3.) Ninja (Grey Fox) even though he's not really an enemy, only up until you find out who he is.
    4.) Young Ocelot was my favorite between old and young, but old would be most evil.
    I also liked the Fury, the space suit was a nice touch, and Sniper Wolf. Vamp was annoying. Most of the bad guys id MGS2 sucked compared to the others in my opinion. That's probably why they only kept Vamp.

Grandia 2: Melfice, even though he became his normal self in the end. Valmar was super evil and horrible until you fight the final battle....he's a butterfly? I was disappointed you'd expect this horrible freaky looking thing. Some of it's parts looked more villain like -_-! It was still a great game none the less.

FFVI: Kefka is nuts o_o! and looks crazy on top of that.

FFVII: I don't think there are actual super "villians" in FFVII but great bad guys, Hojo is probably most villain out of all of them, he's a super nut crazy scientist. Smart and Bad guy= trouble. Also, Don Corneo was more like a bad guy, but a stupid funny one, just thought I should throw him in there. Yeah I like Sephirioth too, Genesis was okay but I don't find him to be super evil or anything.

FFIX: Kuja, the girly looks won me over.

FFX: Seymour, because he was one of those bad guys that showed no emotion or remorse.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 03-19-2010 at 01:38 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Registered User Favorite Video Game Villain! Zeza's Avatar
    Kuja is awesome.

And the second place is for Pyramid Head.
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32214&dateline=125650  5007

Little Pandemonic Carnival Favorite Video Game Villain! Insufficient Mage's Avatar
    Our conversation inspired me to make this thread Mel!

Kuja was easily my favorite Final Fantasy antagonist/villain as well. There was a reason behind his narcissism, and I really liked the story and relationship between him and Zidane, and how they ended up coming to terms with themselves. FFIX absolutely has one of my favorite endings, especially when it comes to the way that the main protagonist and antagonist interacted.

Quote Originally Posted by Insufficient Mage View Post
    Our conversation inspired me to make this thread Mel!

Kuja was easily my favorite Final Fantasy antagonist/villain as well. There was a reason behind his narcissism, and I really liked the story and relationship between him and Zidane, and how they ended up coming to terms with themselves. FFIX absolutely has one of my favorite endings, especially when it comes to the way that the main protagonist and antagonist interacted.
    Narcissistic bad guys are my favorite, one's like Kuja, Seymour, or another good example of what I mean would be Sesshomaru from Inuyasha. He's not from any of theses games, but that's the type of personality I mean.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Favorite Video Game Villain! Xanatos's Avatar
    My favorite villain would be Kuja. Yes, he's narcissistic, cruel and obsessed with power but he's also shown a side that's not common with many villains a good side you might say. Also he's proven that even a villain can be a perfect gentleman and unlike many villains he did regret for his evil deeds.

Also Kazuya Mishima is one of my favorite villains, well, if you can call him a villain. From a innocent kid to a young man raging with anger and obsession for revenge which lead him to his own misfortune. And because of his selfish personality he's turned against his own legacy and everything that was important to him.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder View Post
    Narcissistic bad guys are my favorite, one's like Kuja, Seymour, or another good example of what I mean would be Sesshomaru from Inuyasha. He's not from any of theses games, but that's the type of personality I mean.
    I love the villains that can pull off narcissism just right. If you've played Tales of the Abyss, they kind of poke fun at the stereotypical full-of-himself villain type with Dist. He's convinced that he's the most beautiful being on earth, but nobody takes him seriously as he is constantly teased.

---

Oh, another antagonist that I love is a huge spoiler, so read at your own risk. From Persona 4... If you plan on playing this game and don't want it ruined, don't read!

Spoiler:
    Adachi! I wasn't even entirely fond of this guy after I beat the game, but after I went over everything he said and did while in the TV, I came to really appreciate what a hilarious villain he is. I actually suspected him in the beginning of the game as the murderer, but then not so much towards the middle of the game. I'm not sure what threw me off, I think I just forgot about Adachi for a while.

Easily, my favorite boss is split inbetween two games.

Baal, from Diablo II. The satisfaction of choosing a Necromancer, one of the most regarded "difficult" classes to be, and defeating Baal was worth every minute.

Ultimacia from FFVIII. The random party setup choosing three of my best characters made it even more satisfying when I made it through all four of her forms, and finally defeated her. The ending video made it all worthwhile.
    Proud to be in the United States Navy.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Moog
    You haven't lived until you've taken a shit so massive you quacked.

Registered User Favorite Video Game Villain!
    Dear God do I love villains! I have a bunch that I like as well, but I'm going to just name the ones off the top of my head.

(Coming as a shock to probably no one) I am a huge Sephiroth Fan. I love his story, I love his devil-may-care attitude, and I love his character design. I happen to enjoy how he manipulates Cloud in the events of FF VII, (and before you go and say NUH-UH!!! THAT WAS JENOVA!!! I happen to think that Sephiroth is indeed the one controlling Jenova and Jenova is Sephiroth's "puppet".) and gets him to pretty much second guess his existence. That's pretty evil to me.

I am also a big Kuja fan. Like everyone else has said, it's his eloquence and "airs" that make him so delightful as a villain. I like how poetic he is, and I like how vicious he can be.

Heh... Yami from Okami. This is one of my favorite villains because it is so unexpected! Well, at least his weak spot was... Here's an artist's rendition of basically what his weakness was:
    http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs22/f/20...amugirl070.jpg

SEE HOW DELIGHTFULLY EVIL IT IS????

Yami has like, five other forms, and those forms are basically big machine type things that surround this weak spot of his, and you have to use pretty much every technique in your arsenal to take him out.

I also really liked Orochi. He is also in the game Okami. Basically, he is an eight-headed dragon, and the way you have to defeat him is to get him drunk and then use your celestial paintbrush techniques to take him out.

There's a whole story in-game about why Orochi is so evil, but I really don't want to get too detailed, because I know I'll just keep on and on and on about it, but here's a run-down:
    SPOILER!!:
    Basically the tiny village of Kamiki has to sacrifice one of thier female residents to Orochi every year or else some pretty horrible stuff will go down. He picks his victim by shooting a white-plumed arrow and whichever maiden's house his hit by the arrow, they are the chosen sacrifice. These people live in constant fear of him, and do as he commands. I wish all villains had that kind of control over people.

I guess I really like the villains in Okami because the battles with them are so freaking awesome.

I like Bowser as well. Yeah, so he's sort of been played down as a more water-down version of a villain, but when I was first starting out playing video games, Bowser was the first villain I had to face. His clown helicopter thing in Super Mario World is awesome.

Well, that's it for me (I think...). If I think of any more, I'll put them in, but right now my brain is not functioning.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

who's been touching my materia? Favorite Video Game Villain! Fang's Avatar
    It's Kuja from Final Fantasy 9. He destroyed an entire planet in less than a minute, using only his own power, and almost reversing creation, ceasing all life to exist if you prefer.

And he's so poetically evil, and not only that, he manipulated the Queen into killing THOUSANDS of people, and predicting her betrayal used Bahamut to finish her and her entire fleet off.

My Heath Ledger fan sister:Unknown Entity

Sephiroth is my favorite villain.He looks awesome.His sword is freakin huge.He is pretty dark.However,as far as video game bosses go,he is not my favorite.

SpellWarrior Favorite Video Game Villain! Hinj's Avatar
    Vayne from FFXII, I don't know why but when I say the word villain that's the only character i can think of.

Registered User Favorite Video Game Villain! Megatron0000's Avatar

Re: Favorite Video Game Villain!

The Joker from Arkham Asylum. Clinicly insane, violent, smart, and always made me laugh. Plus hes obviously a ladies man. Harley Quinn was hawt in that game (in a crazy "please dont kill me" kinda way)

Troy_Espio1435

Honestly my favorite villain is Wiess/Hojo from Final Fantasy VIIirge Of Cerberus he is insane yet strategic and he knows how Omega works and he is very brutal and merciless.

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Favorite Video Game Villain! ZantetsukeN's Avatar

Dr. Robotnik. Hands down. The dude has got balls. I mean, defeated all those times, and still keeps coming back!

Seriously, Robotnik is so iconic throughout the gaming world. Obviously not as much as his blue nemesis, but definitely as a villain. He also has some of the most fun, and challenging battles in gaming history.

Others that deserve a mention...
    Giygas from Earthbound is a favourite of mine. I mean, what even is he meant to be?! I know the image of him is a red swirling face, but I think the mystery of who or what he is adds to his menacing agenda, and also to the very disturbing boss battle.

Also King Dedede from the Kirby series. I have just always loved him, from being stuck on him for years on Kirby's Dreamland. He is probably the only final boss that I never got annoyed if he killed me off. Not sure why, but it's true.

I would explode to save your life~ Favorite Video Game Villain! SeaAlchemist's Avatar

Griffon from Dark Cloud 2 and oh how could I forgot Ritcher from Dawn of The New World? They're both epic villains
    Last edited by SeaAlchemist; 03-18-2010 at 03:23 PM.

Tsuna Feesh Favorite Video Game Villain! Fate's Avatar

Without a doubt in my mind, my favorite villain is Sync, from Tales of the Abyss. 8D It really was a shame that he wasn't playable and we had to take him down. =( But Sync is just awesome. He's like what, fourteen, and people take orders from him, which is funny whenever he does it to Asch. Also, I usually don't like fists as a weapon, but he makes it so great. Plus, he has greeeeeeeeeeeen hair. =D Hands down the best villain ever!

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

Ellipsis Favorite Video Game Villain! Meigumi's Avatar
    Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

I guess Reicher from MK2. He's probably one of the most smartest villians I know that prioritizes defense. He has a pretty deep connection to the game, and before he went insane, he had a great personality. Plus, he's always sarcastic, and gets everyone's attention the wrong way.

He also has that magical shield-sword that comes apart, floats around, and electrocutes you.
    .....And I also stole that cupcake.

TFF Family~:

Ice-cream loving brother Fate
    The great benevolent dark lord Elyon Demidias
    Lovable doll ViviMasterMage
    Soul Stealing, Chaos-loving, Pom-pom eating older brother Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    The Awesome and Dashing Thief, ethan
    The Stealthy Swordsman of Poetic Power, genome's blade

Memento Rhapso Favorite Video Game Villain! Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Zant from Twilight Princess lol
    *SPOILER!*He's my favourite for all the lols I got outta Midna making him go pop

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

I think Kefka is the best! He's a psychopath who's obsessed with destruction and chaos, and he's funny!
    "You sound like pages in self-help book!"
    "Ahem...There's SAND on my boots!"

Rune Knight Favorite Video Game Villain! Trodorne's Avatar

best villain ever is...

the koopa troopa. if you had to define a villain it would be one who could adapt and change to cause trouble for the protagonist. well here we are. ive seen more koopa troopa variations. from the regular koopa, to para koopa, hammer brothers, terricotta, Heavy Troopa, spinning shell troopa, and the list goes on.

yeah you guys have your one villain who claims to be a mastermind and shows up like once in a while leaving himself mysterious or acts bad. but the ones who really show off villainous power is the minions and koopa troopa are the most versatile.

Relaxin' with Final Fantasy Favorite Video Game Villain! KainsBro's Avatar

Wesker, from Resident Evil!

FF Villains: Fujin and Raijin!